Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe Kirk "Chokes in Clutch Time" Cousins is the best quarterback in the league, but I guess if PFF says so, it must be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

I can't believe Kirk "Chokes in Clutch Time" Cousins is the best quarterback in the league, but I guess if PFF says so, it must be true.

The scroll through that list is hilarious

20 - Baker Mayfield
19 - Patrick Mahomes
18 - Daniel Jones
17 - Jacoby Brissett
16 - Aaron Rodgers
15 - Lamar Jackson
14 - Jalen Hurts
13 - Teddy Bridgewater

Just beautiful PFF, perfect system, don't change a thing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ziggi Wilf bribing PFF graders to try and con someone into trading for Cousins is the kind of harebrained scheme I endorse, turning the Vikings into a Coen brothers movie is really the best for us all

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kid crying at Christmas because his grandma got him a kirk cousins action figure, with grandma confused because he's the best QB in football according to the internet.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Play posted:

Agreed but might also be nice to let the fellow go if he's actually innocent, and if one thing's clear it's that there is very much reasonable doubt as to that.

Not guilty enough to be executed but also not innocent enough to be released is kind of a weird concept

If he's not dead he can potentially be exonerated at some later date

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

This is the guy that also went to OU who Baker Mayfield and a bunch of basketball players and other celebrities have been trying to get exonerated or at least get his execution stayed

There are TWO Julius Jones with criminal records?! Holy poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

HappyHippo posted:

If he's not dead he can potentially be exonerated at some later date

Well, maybe not

quote:

However, in his executive order, Stitt said neither the state constitution nor state law give the board the authority to recommend that commutation, nor do they give the governor the authority to grant it. As a result, the governor was commuting Jones' sentence with the condition that he "shall not be eligible to apply for or be considered for a commutation, pardon, or parole for the remainder of his life," the order says.

I just find it a little ironic, the idea that you could be innocent enough to be spared execution but too guilty to be let go. Which the gently caress is it, is he innocent or guilty? You can't be partially guilty of a crime in our legal system. They should absolutely give him a new trial at least.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he just rots in prison for the rest of his life once people stop talking about it since he wasn't executed.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Play posted:

Well, maybe not

I just find it a little ironic, the idea that you could be innocent enough to be spared execution but too guilty to be let go. Which the gently caress is it, is he innocent or guilty? You can't be partially guilty of a crime in our legal system. They should absolutely give him a new trial at least.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he just rots in prison for the rest of his life once people stop talking about it since he wasn't executed.

I believe exoneration is legally distinct from any of those things. Exoneration would come from a judge overturning the conviction, not from the governor commuting his sentence or pardoning him. The governor doesn't have to the power to prevent his conviction from being overturned (I think/hope). Anyway this has little to do with football so I'm going to stop posting about it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MullinaxWX/status/1461345204263391232?s=20

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So many partial werewolves partly running amok, semi-howling and incompletely terrorizing some people.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The pressure of developing a system like PFF is to come up with something that provides “new insights” so the rubes who buy in think they’re getting something. No one would give a poo poo about it if their grades more or less matched up with those put out by the NFL and ESPN. Being stupid as poo poo is baked into the design.

e:

A+ to whoever pulled that GIF

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I want to make a system that rates quarterbacks. Part of the equation will be an * and the * denotes my secret sauce that makes the grade right every time

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's actually fairly simple to be right every time as long as it's baked into the equation

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/panthersbill/status/1461432648426008580?s=21

Feels good man

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is there any doubt Cam is going to go 11/32 with 120 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT next game?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is there any doubt Cam is going to go 11/32 with 120 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT next game?

None whatsoever.

I'll be happy to be wrong though :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Patriots are going to beat the Falcons by 30 plus points

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

The universe is good, actually.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If the Falcons hope to break this curse, their only hope is to score four TD's and hold the Pats to a field goal.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kalli posted:

The scroll through that list is hilarious

20 - Baker Mayfield
19 - Patrick Mahomes
18 - Daniel Jones
17 - Jacoby Brissett
16 - Aaron Rodgers
15 - Lamar Jackson
14 - Jalen Hurts
13 - Teddy Bridgewater

Just beautiful PFF, perfect system, don't change a thing.

I love how PFF has gotten lumped in with analytics, like it's an objective stat. But it's actually just based on the opinions of the individual grader. Plus, they have "revised" grades come out later, which is really just "oh we based the first grades off the broadcast and now we have the All-22." Like, QB rating and even loving QBR are more objective.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1461441560663502857

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1461441560663502857

Mr. Bogus Card

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TB_Times/status/1461441560663502857?s=20

Lol of course this idiot did. Can we kick him off the team yet?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol god drat a threefer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol god drat a threefer

All at the same time too!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

All at the same time too!

Never seen that before. Definitely seen 2 or at least two close enough that they showed a minute apart

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Antonio Clown

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm just glad the NFL has conclusively proven they do not give the least bit of a poo poo about covid protocols, else he might actually face some consequences for once.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m suprised we haven’t had more specific player leaks for that

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lol

sweet thursday posted:

Antonio Clown

:hmmyes:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m suprised we haven’t had more specific player leaks for that

Well this one is because Brown owes the chef $10k.

Hey Antonio, when you ask someone to do crimes for you, pay them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you read more into the thread the chef turned on him because AB owed him $10k and bailed on it. After the chef tried contacting the team and AB’s lawyer told him to stuff it, he let loose with this. Good for him.

e: basically:

Kalli posted:

Hey Antonio, when you ask someone to do crimes for you, pay them.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 18, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Antonio Clown

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Brady hooked him up with the fake card

I dint care what the reports says. Brady did it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

…what the gently caress are these lies? The Browns aren’t that good. 4th in Defense? What is this PFF a bit to goad investors in grift?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Is Brady confirmed to be vaccinated, or is he "immunized"?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol the Bucs are 1-3 without AB this year too. 5-0 with him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a rube. This is why you pay people who know your secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Is Brady confirmed to be vaccinated, or is he "immunized"?

Absolutely no way he is vaxxed.