Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Albino Squirrel posted:

Man, most toxic Nantucketer since Ahab.

Moby Dick was at least a consenting adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was never at Deadspin. He went KSK -> SBNation -> Barstool I believe.

The KSK guys started in the Deadspin commenter section, which is probably what they’re thinking of

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

morestuff posted:

The KSK guys started in the Deadspin commenter section, which is probably what they’re thinking of

Yeah that's it. Media convergence has kind of screwed with my recognition ability there. I know he did something on deadspin but if it's just he was shitposting there that makes sense to me.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Looking forward to 2028 when Sen. Portnoy (R-Mass) casts the deciding vote in favour of Supreme Court nominee Jeanine Pirro.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Troy Queef posted:

This is 100% true from what I remember.

Also wasn’t PFTC at SB Nation before the Barstool deal? From what we’ve learned over the past few years, the only job there that’s safe is that of Jon Bois (as he has seniority and is reportedly very tight with several of their execs). I think if he had stayed there he would have been part of the same firings that got the Fullcast crew.

You could maybe justify him taking the barstool gig originally with this argument, there is no way to justify him continuing to work there once be became a big star. He doesn't need them anymore at this point and the association already cost him a show on ESPN. He is staying because he wants to stay and doesn't care that his entire purpose is laundering the rest of barstool's gross bullshit and giving them a face the mainstream is comfortable with. People need to stop making excuses for him just because they think he's funny.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Albino Squirrel posted:

Looking forward to 2028 when Sen. Portnoy (R-Mass) casts the deciding vote in favour of Supreme Court nominee Jeanine Pirro.

She's way too old.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Albino Squirrel posted:

Portnoy will 100% be a senator or president.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mcmagic posted:

Portnoy will 100% be a senator or president.

If Lauren Boebert can do if there's no reason he can't.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dave Portnoy is now asking his legions of fans to buy his pizza in support of him.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

seiferguy posted:

Dave Portnoy is now asking his legions of fans to buy his pizza in support of him.

At least it isn't an ask to rape in solidarity

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm usually the last guy to say this but dave portnoy is truly irredeemable. until this i didn't care about him one way or the other but this man is absolutely loving wretched

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

You could maybe justify him taking the barstool gig originally with this argument, there is no way to justify him continuing to work there once be became a big star. He doesn't need them anymore at this point and the association already cost him a show on ESPN. He is staying because he wants to stay and doesn't care that his entire purpose is laundering the rest of barstool's gross bullshit and giving them a face the mainstream is comfortable with. People need to stop making excuses for him just because they think he's funny.

Yeah, don’t you worry; we all read that Laura Wagner piece a few years back and it’s fully disseminated into the PFT Discourse.

(My gimmick is tired, I’m shutting the gently caress up, etc.)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

seiferguy posted:

This is some real Papa Johns Energy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

Yeah, don’t you worry; we all read that Laura Wagner piece a few years back and it’s fully disseminated into the PFT Discourse.

(My gimmick is tired, I’m shutting the gently caress up, etc.)

being self aware about needing to shut the gently caress up doesn't make you need to shut the gently caress up any less

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

This is some real Papa Johns Energy

not until he makes a vague threat of vengeance and also eats 40 of them in a month

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

not until he makes a vague threat of vengeance and also eats 40 of them in a month

We aren't that far off.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

speaking of which, Papa John's TikTok account is really a great follow:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7000493688031890693

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
In yesterday's Funbag Magary talked about how he had been friends with PFT for years going back to before he joined Barstool and how it took him a while to come to terms with PFT being complicit in the behavior of people like Portnoy. It's got to suck that much more if you had a personal relationship with the guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Adam Schefter still carrying that water, this time for alleged domestic abuser Dalvin Cook

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Not that it justifies defending Portnoy, but hasn’t PFT been pretty open about the fact that he wanted to work at Deadspin but when they finally interviewed him, they just wanted dirt on SBNation the entire time and clearly had no intent to actually hire.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This is next-level Knowing About Blogs

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Jesus Christ, "water carrier" is a compliment at this point. He's a pathetic piece of poo poo. All he had to do was wait until the suit in question was filed the next day, instead, he runs with what amounts to a preemptive PR strike from an accused abuser's attorney. Then after it's shown that he hosed up, he admits no mistake and barely even acknowledges the facts that show how he hosed up. He's despicable.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
he never apologizes and lets the PR account do it for him. one day I hope it truly bites him in the rear end but he’s valuable to too many of those “sources”

https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1448392120893640706?s=21

Related: https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1458449659735777283?s=21

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah Schefter's been a useful stooge for a long drat time now and that's not about to change.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Klemko did a really good thread about why Schefter is carrying water for Cook and his agent. Has given him some dumb scoops over the years.

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1458481672542896131

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Why does The Athletic have a comments section

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

General Dog posted:

Why does The Athletic have a comments section

It actually used to be decent, the paywall set a reasonable floor that has just absolutely collapsed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I felt like 90% of the comments on the athletic were basically "great article! This is why I subscribe to the athletic!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bill Plaschke had another Very Normal One

https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1461049990046838785

https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1461049992789958660

https://twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1461049995734306816

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

If I'm ever a billionaire, I'm going to buy the naming rights to Dodger Stadium, the Rose Bowl, and the Coliseum and change them to something horrible just to see what it will do to Bill Plaschke.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

lol that is such a weird way to get mad about something that should be really easy to get mad at

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Inspector_666 posted:

It actually used to be decent, the paywall set a reasonable floor that has just absolutely collapsed.

helps that it seems like about .5% of the people are paying full price and the rest are getting it for like a dollar a month

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tbf Crypto.com Arena is a loving travesty

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

True. But he’s not mad about the new name. He’s just mad it’s not the Staples Center anymore. I imagine he would have the same meltdown even if the new name was something “classier” like IBM Arena or something.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Someone should get Trojan condoms to buy the naming rights of the Rose Bowl.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/rolopez42/status/1461001498196905992

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

You can literally just keep calling it Staples. Comiskey has gone through a number of name changes and people still call it Comiskey or The Cell (after its old name US Cellular Field).

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

If I'm ever a billionaire, I'm going to buy the naming rights to Dodger Stadium, the Rose Bowl, and the Coliseum and change them to something horrible just to see what it will do to Bill Plaschke.
Crunchyroll.com Field at Dodger Stadium and there's like nine obnoxious anime mascots wandering around the field.

Surely that would drive him insane.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Niwrad posted:

You can literally just keep calling it Staples. Comiskey has gone through a number of name changes and people still call it Comiskey or The Cell (after its old name US Cellular Field).

I still call it Safeco Field and nobody can make me stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Crazy Ted posted:

Crunchyroll.com Field at Dodger Stadium and there's like nine obnoxious anime mascots wandering around the field.

Surely that would drive him insane.

On an alternate note maybe they could take the tack towards the DBZ baseball fight episode, a true classic, and just have a horde of mascots beating the poo poo out of each other.