Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Reggie is using the titanite catch pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Seshoho Cian posted:

Reggie is using the titanite catch pole

lol what a weirdo

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The man got TWO Black Knight Swords in the same run too, that is some crazy luck

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Big Scary Owl posted:

The man got TWO Black Knight Swords in the same run too, that is some crazy luck

I didn't even know the Poop Rock Ogres in blighttown dropped a Pickaxe but lo and behold he got one.

scary ghost dog posted:

lol what a weirdo

I mean, the moveset is decent (overhead swing and then a horizontal), and he's (kinda) STR/INT which lets him optimize damage. Did good work on the mosquitos, especially since the R2 is a jumping attack and can clip through the walls/floors to get the really annoying ones.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Archenteron posted:

I didn't even know the Poop Rock Ogres in blighttown dropped a Pickaxe but lo and behold he got one.

I mean, the moveset is decent (overhead swing and then a horizontal), and he's (kinda) STR/INT which lets him optimize damage. Did good work on the mosquitos, especially since the R2 is a jumping attack and can clip through the walls/floors to get the really annoying ones.

yeah but its not a cool looking weapon. who tf chooses a weapon that looks like that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Archenteron posted:

It's a good option if you wanna keep your distance too, plus it hits like a truck if you get it in the early game a la Drake Sword, but with a longer usability tail as long as you like the moveset.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its just an extra funky halberd iirc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, halberds are cool!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

more like halbored

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dias posted:

Yeah, halberds are cool!

theyre good, but they definitely arent cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6evlzTiMe8

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watching Paige play soulsborne is weird (I'm on her DS2 stream), because like, I've never watched a Souls playthrough where the player literally internalizes... NOTHING. She retains nothing about controls, level layouts, enemy types, story. It just goes in one ear and out the other, and even while it is briefly there she processes things in only the vaguest sense.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Rody One Half posted:

Watching Paige play soulsborne is weird (I'm on her DS2 stream), because like, I've never watched a Souls playthrough where the player literally internalizes... NOTHING. She retains nothing about controls, level layouts, enemy types, story. It just goes in one ear and out the other, and even while it is briefly there she processes things in only the vaguest sense.

Sounds like she's a Tesla robot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Rody One Half posted:

Just wait till you get to her House of Ashes stream.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh man woolie and pat dropping some classic, 2006 image board "Japanese people after high school basically go to prison!!!" cultural analysis

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Capitalism prison is pretty accurate for business/salaryman work at least.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The way these guys play the souls game on stream with like, someone giving them hints and guiding them around, is so different from the experience I've had with the games that I can't fault woolie or Paige from getting dizzy and confused. Let the player play!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Paige got lost in a straight hallway in House of Ashes.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Paige got lost in a straight hallway in House of Ashes.

didn't watch the stream but i'm playing that right now and the camera is either accidentally awful or intentionally designed to make corridors feel more claustrophobic, so i don't really blame her. i've gotten turned around a few times while looking to the sides of a hallway for documents and premonitions.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All Puppets Are Bastards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJwUZa50uM

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

The way these guys play the souls game on stream with like, someone giving them hints and guiding them around, is so different from the experience I've had with the games that I can't fault woolie or Paige from getting dizzy and confused. Let the player play!

For ReggieSouls at least, he's completely insulated from the chat and Woolie makes a point to either ignore it 90% of the time and occasionally pointedly stare into the camera or flat-up tell the universe to chill out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought woolie stopped reading chat and that was made a big deal, when did he start again

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tae posted:

I thought woolie stopped reading chat and that was made a big deal, when did he start again

He's not playing the game and he's not omniscient about DS1 so an occasional look helps.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Reggie is trying to pull off something way above his skill level at the start of the new Dark Souls episode.

This is going to gloriously backfire on him at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpDlmg45oI

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

It keeps getting said, but one of the cool things about Reggie's playthrough is that he's playing the game we all did the first time when DS1 came out.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
REGGIE IS ABOUT TO SUMMON TARKUS

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
OH WOW

INCREDIBLE

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Big Scary Owl posted:

OH WOW

INCREDIBLE
Woolie had to show him the LP clip

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The wonder in Reggie's eyes at Anor Londo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm just watching via Youtube so lol.

REGGIE GOT A CATCH POLE ON HIS FIRST TRY

HIM AND HIS drat LUCK

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rody One Half posted:

She's had some medical complications that she's admitted hurt her ability to process things (strokes and seizures) and she said in one of the DS3 streams she's had a hard time getting her ADHD medication since the pandemic started. She is much better at navigating herself when Pat isn't hassling her and getting her worked up though. When he's around she just lets him pilot and doesn't absorb anything about the enemies or level layouts.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Eh, a completely blind blunder-through isn't usually the best for a Let's Play. So many of the iconic moments in the Souls games are tied to easily missed events, NPCs, or hidden areas, and those are the things viewers want to see blind reactions to from new players. It's also easy in the older games to gently caress up your build or something in the world and make the game pretty hard, and then everyone gets annoyed at you because of that.

Woolie let Reggie figure out the important stuff on his own in Demon's Souls. He'd reserve help for advice on builds or where to go when he was hopelessly lost. That's not really any different than swapping tips online or with friends the way the games were designed around encouraging.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1461492527303901185

Something something crushed underneath the wheel of progress.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nothing about woolie makes sense except that his part of canada must be absurdly cheap to live in to afford hi tech, an editor, and share revenue with most of his LPs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1461577259014369280

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

She's had some medical complications that she's admitted hurt her ability to process things (strokes and seizures) and she said in one of the DS3 streams she's had a hard time getting her ADHD medication since the pandemic started. She is much better at navigating herself when Pat isn't hassling her and getting her worked up though. When he's around she just lets him pilot and doesn't absorb anything about the enemies or level layouts.

Eh, a completely blind blunder-through isn't usually the best for a Let's Play. So many of the iconic moments in the Souls games are tied to easily missed events, NPCs, or hidden areas, and those are the things viewers want to see blind reactions to from new players. It's also easy in the older games to gently caress up your build or something in the world and make the game pretty hard, and then everyone gets annoyed at you because of that.

Woolie let Reggie figure out the important stuff on his own in Demon's Souls. He'd reserve help for advice on builds or where to go when he was hopelessly lost. That's not really any different than swapping tips online or with friends the way the games were designed around encouraging.

I really enjoy watching Reggie playing through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, currently. Because he swings wildly between being a very competent player who can one shot or two-shots hard bosses like Quelaag or the Capra Demon, casually dodging multiple traps in Sen's Fortress and blindly panicking, which usually get him killed by the mobs or dyinh about 50 times to the Taurus Demon because he was too stressed out to see that there's a ladder leading to the archers that kept taking pot shots at him. I love Reggie.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The Reggie dark souls lp is really fun, he's doing pretty well in the game even though his backseat driver is drunk

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Woolie needs to stop trying to spread his "never use consumables" brain worms.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm quite enjoying Woolie talking like a wise master who has perfected the game and knows everything, when in reality he was coached by Pat who very much does not know it all and gets a lot wrong.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Like a game of telephone consisting entirely by people that don't actually listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Not using consumables is a good idea for various reasons but woolie does take it too far.

I haven't been watching all of it, caught the first 4 or 5 streams of Demon's Souls, and then a bit of the Dark Souls stream here and there. I do wish he'd give hints more often, at least when it's loving with the flow of the lp/stream. Sometimes the lack of hints, and I mean hints not steering, is borderline dickish to Reggie but I think he's been getting better maybe. At least it sounds like Reggie is doing some interesting poo poo this time around.

Catching up on Dokapon is just a joy though. Sometimes it's like a prestige tv drama, for like a minute here and there, and then just swings right back into shenanigans. Love it.