Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Radiance is the measure of corruption you have, gained from radiation, Mythos expsosure, dark rituals, etc etc. The more radiance you have, the more likely it is that it'll congeal into a corruption the next time you're exposed to some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
is it our right or left arm that's hosed up?

e: sorry i went back and checked and it was clarified in the previous update nm

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 11, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Now that we have a flesh and blood-themed super mode, we need to acquire some sort of magical expanding cooler.

I wonder if cheeseburger magics could be modified to make mystery meat burgers... cooking probably ruins the value though.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Now that we have a flesh and blood-themed super mode, we need to acquire some sort of magical expanding cooler.

I wonder if cheeseburger magics could be modified to make mystery meat burgers... cooking probably ruins the value though.

Just ask for some Long Pork burgers and you're set. I mean, we know that MC&D caters to non-humans, and we even know that several of those non-humans (and humans, probably) do eat human, so the burger magic should have no problem making us some people burgers.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I’m not confident burger magics will work for that. Even if you order the rarest burger, it’s still processed meat, and the red juice that comes out of rare beef isn’t blood.
If I understand correctly, what the parasite prefers is fresh blood from raw meat that’s the same species as it’s host. What the parasite *needs* to give us a benefit is likely just any kind of blood as long as we’re not cheating by drinking our own.

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
A) :black101:
B) I wonder if having the Lordly Corruption (and maybe the color of Bleeder's soul through it) is enough to satisfy the quest requirements.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Radio Free Walrus posted:

B) I wonder if having the Lordly Corruption (and maybe the color of Bleeder's soul through it) is enough to satisfy the quest requirements.
I'm also wondering this.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Radio Free Walrus posted:

A) :black101:

As much as I'd like it to be true, Black August didn't put that change on the character sheet so :shrug:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Was... the scary death lady's specific quest to kill the Lords, or just to collect their souls? I know the sheet says kill, but I'm wondering if we can pull a "Here's his soul. Along with his head, torso, arms, legs, skin, blood, bones, organs... uh... weird spiky suction thingies... I think he also has some other people's blood in him..." and still have it TECHNICALLY count.

Edit: Found it. It's very... vague.

quote:

"What you will do."

The scythe presses in, cleanly popping past the fabric- so close to kissing the skin.

"Is find these Lords. Every last one. In name of me, this labor to thee. You will harvest them each in turn, and steal them from their faithful and from their hurter. I will use those colours- I will rend open Heaven with them and bring my daughter-lost back."

Randalor fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 13, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You inhale calmly.

Your heart is beating too fast to count the beats.

Who are you? It's fine; it's all gone right now in this pure moment psychosis high. You, I, it's all we and me gone free with a sword in one hand, the other clenched closed by sheer force of will.

Every vein is sanguine red and defined in pattern over you. Your eyes aren't slowing down, vibrating pinpoints against bloody iris. Your sheer gravity sends the bleed of your body back in a slowed cloud, staining at your hair while you manage the casual of your death-lazy strut at your quarry.

It's even now, right Bleeder? You aim the black blade at him, the other hand's finger hooked into your pocket to support it through the deep humming pain of torn and drained muscle. But it's just a warm intense buzz, like it's both too hot and cold - you're mad wild red inside, and the pain doesn't get to stop you now.

Your damnation was turned into a killwindow. You want it! You just let something you can't think about happen to you, something that doesn't matter on the unbelievable high of being fed the impossible of a Lordly parasite and a taste of Lordly blood. Your body has gone insane, and you need to follow what it's telling us.

It's telling me this.

That makes sense, right? Yeah. You nod to yourself. I get it. Just... heart going a little faster now and it's a flutterpace that makes thought so liquidy quick. I think about how you want this. You're just so tired and angry and sick and you want to get this over with. You want to hurt something stupid and mean. I want that for you.

I just walk slow because I'm hesitating somewhere far back. I'm hearing bells again. I'm thinking back to the swamp. God, he hurt me. Badly. But he saw what I did. I tried. Remember? I tried and I wanted to try but I don't understand it and it's bothering me. You don't get it either. I still don't get it. Honesty is, I don't want to get it right now. I want this for you. I want you to feel safe. That matters more to me. I want to see him hurt. He made you sick. It's only fair we finally do something to keep her away just a little longer.

Instead, I focus on the red of a Lord's processed blood. What an amazing feeling. There's no real rage, just a sweet pure dry ice. Every blood-fed function in triplicate effort with the ease of a brief jog. The one evil is that the peak is going to be intense, and it's going to happen fast. Can't say what the crash will be like. The fuel needs to flow now, and it has to become a Lordslaying effort. The first attempt was strong, but you... you prayed, and all you did wa̶̡s̢̧͜ ̸́͘͜ẁ̸̧o͢͏u҉̸҉n̴d̶̕҉͘ ҉̸̀ ͏̀̕ ͝҉ ̸̶̀͠ ̶̨̡̕͜ ͢҉̶̨̛ ̛̀͝ ͜ ̡͢ ̷̢̧̕͢ ҉̷́͜ ̵҉̴̛ ͏̢͝͏͠ ҉̶̨̕͢ ̷̶̀͜ ̨͢͝ ͜͏̧͜ ̛̕͟͞ ̴͏͢ ͝ ͜͠ ̡͜͏҉ ̡̧͘ ́ ̧́ ̀͞ ͢͡ ̢̨̨̛͜ ͏͜ ҉̧̛͝ ́͡ ̸̢̡͢͜ ̴͏̨͝҉ ̸̢ ̴̕͝ ̸́́͘ ̸̕͝ ͜҉͘ ̧̕͡ ͘͡ ̶̸ ͘͘͡ ̸̧ ́҉̴̛ ̛͠͞ ̵̀͠ ̶͘ ̶͜͟͞ ̴̴ ̛̀͏̸͟ ҉ ̢҉̀ ̷̨̨͞ ̛͘͢͞҉ ̡͝͠ ҉̢̀ ̴͟͠͝ ̕͏͠ ҉̢͢ ̴̛̛ ̷̕̕ ̧̛̀́͘ ̵̡̡̨ ̴̢̡ ̷̶̴̀͘ ̸̀ ͘͠ ͟͟͞ ̴̶̛ ̧͟͞ ̨͝͞ ҉̸ ̷̵̴͘͠ ͘̕͏̶͞ ̴̸̢̛̀ ̧́̕ ̵̨͘͜͠ ̴̵̧ ̕͜ ̀҉̢͞ ̸̴̧ ̶̸̕͟ ̴҉̕ ͠͡͡ ̛̕ ̵̸̢͢͠ ̡͢ ̷̸̢͘͘ ̵̨̀ ̵͠͠ ̷҉ ̸͜͠͝ ̡̡ ̧͢͡͞ ̛͟͠ ̀͡͡ ̵̧͢͞ ̧͏͜ ̧̡̨͜͝ ͟ ̢̀̀͟͝ ̸͡͠͠ ̴̴̧ ͢͠͡ ̴̨͢͝ ̷́͘ ҉̀͞ ̵̡͢ ̢̧́͏ ̵́͜ ̶́̕̕͠ ͟͏͠ ̵̡̕ ̵̨ ̛̛́ ̧̛͝ ҉̷͟ ̵̀͞ ̛͜͟ ̶͜͏̶̡ ̷̕ ̸̸̢̕̕ ͘͘ ̷̧͟͠ ̷̨ ͞͡ ͜҉̛͏҉ ҉̧́͢ ̴̡̧ ͏̵̢͘ ҉̛ ̶̴ ̸̶̵̸͟ ͜͠ ̵͡͏ ̕ ͜҉ ͝͞ ̨̛ ̡̕͜ ̷̀͞҉ ̡̢̛̀͜ ̡͡ ̷̕̕͡ ̢̛̕͡͝ ̢҉͜ ̨҉́͞͞ ̸̷͢ ̵͜͡ ̴̛ ͡҉͏̀͜ ͜҉̶͢͢ ̡̛̀̕͢ ̸͝҉̧ ̵̧̛ ̴̸́͘ ̶̛̕͢͝ ̴҉ ̵̨̛ ̵̀͜͟͞ ̴̶̶͘͟ ̵̢́͞ ̡̀̀̕ ̨͞͏̀͜ ̧͏ ͢͠ ̴̷ ̶̷̀͢͟ ̷́͘͟͡ ̷̧̕ ͝͞ ̴̶͢͠ ̵͘͢͞ ̴̡͘ ͞͞ ͡͏͝͏́ ̢̡̕ ̴̵́̀ ̡̛͘͡ ̕͏̸̢̛ ͢͠ ͜͟ ͟͢ ͝͏͞͡ ̡͟͡͞ ̡̀ ̛͢͟͝ ̡̀͞ ͏ ͞͏̵͏̸ ̨̕҉̷͢ ̢̕͢͟͡ ̢̕ ̧̛̀́͢ ̢̛ ̡ ̀͢͢ ̵̵͞͞ ̴̧͝ ̸̀͘͢ ҉̢̧̕͜ ̡͟͞ ̶̵ ̷̧̕͠͏ ̶̵́ ́͘ ̷̵̧͠ ̸̧͜ ̴͜͝͠͞ ̛͡͏̨ ͝͞ ̵͠͝ ̷͞͠͝ ̨͟͝ ̢ ̨̛͜͠͞ ̶̨͟ ̡ ̷̸̨̀͘ ̧͞͏ ͝͏̡̧ ͏̸́͠ ̵̕͞ ҉̵ ̵͘ ̢̕̕̕ ̵̛͢͟͠ ̷̧ ̷̵̛̛ ̶̶̴̷͘ ̷̛͘͢ ̵́̕͞ ͞҉͝͠ ̷͢ ̷̡ ̨́͡͠ ͘͜ ̷́ ̸͜͠҉ ̵̢̨͡͞ ̷̶͘͡͡ ͏̶ ̶̧҉̵ ̀́̕͟͠ ̶̶͢ ҉̷͜͝ ̀͟͡ ̨̛͢ ̴̴ ̕ ̸̶̡̛́ ̧̧ ͏̡͟ ̷̢ ̵̨̡͞ ̨̛͝ ̶͘͘͟͢ ̵͝ ͘͢҉ ͏̨̧ ̨ ̢͘͟͟ ̢̨͜͡͡ ̧̧ ̢͘͢ ́͏̧̛́ ̢͠͠҉ ̵͘҉̷͡ ̷̨ ̵̢́͘͝ ̷ ̨ ̴̧̛͘͜ ̨̧̛͟͜ ̷̡̧͏ ̴͘ ̧̕ ̧̢ ̶̶́͝ ͏̷ ̕ ̴̴̛ ́͘̕͡ ̨ ̸̛̀͟͏ ̴̡̧͞ ̸̛͡͝ ̸̢̢̕ ̵̷̕ ̨͢ ̵͠ ̶̧̕ ̛͢͡ ̸ ̶͢͞ ̸̸̡ ͏̛̀͡ ̵̢̀ ̧́́ ͜͏̨͜͝ ҉̶̸͠ ̷͡͠͠͝ ͘͜͟ ̨̢̀͠ ̸̨̛͡ ̢͟ ҉̀͢͡ ̕͜ ̡͠ ͘͘͝͞ ̢̛͘͡ ̨͏͏ ̵̛ ̷̴͟͢͜ ͞҉ ͏̷ ̨̛ ̕҉̢̡̨ ̡ ̕̕ ̶̸̨̛͠ ̢̛̕ ͘ ̨̛ ̵̢̧͢ ̸̨ ̸̡̢ ̢͏̵ ̵̵̶ ̵͟ ͟ ̸̸͞ ́̕͝ ̵̵̵́͠ ̸́͜͞ ͜ ̨̡ ̡̢͟͜͏ ̸̕ ͠ ̶͢ ̨͡ ̢͘͢ ͘͡͡ ̀͜ ̢͟͝҉ ̴͡ ̨͞ ̴̴̢̡͘ ̀ ̨͜͟͝͞ ͜͠ ̶̧́͝͝ ̡̢̡͞͞ ͠͏̶͟ ͠͝͝҉ ̢̕͠͡ ͝҉̵ ͘ ̕͞ ͘̕͡ ͠͡͏ ̶̧̛̀ ͡͏ ̵̴̢ ̵ ̢̕ ̨͟ ̵̸̨͘ ͘͞ ̴͝ ̢̢̀͟ ̷̕ ́͡ ͡ ̵̡ ̷̛͢͝ ̵͘͡҉ ͏̵͘͡͠ ̵̴́͠ ̨̛ ̸̨̛̕͞ ̢͡ ͏̡̀͏͞ ̴҉̛͘͝ ́̕҉̴̀ ̴̨͞ ̢̡͞ ͡͏͘ ̷̨̛͢͟ ̸́͘͞ ̵̡̧͢ ̸̛͢͢ ͡͡ ̧҉̡ ̵͘ ̸̧͢͝͡ ̵҉ ͏͟ ͟͜ ̛͞ ̵̧͏ ̕̕͟͜ ̸̡͢ ̧́͠͞ ̛̕͜ ̀ ̕̕͝͝ ̡͢ ̧҉ ̵̶̧ ̛̛̀͡ ̶͏̕͞ ̡̀͘ ͟͏̡ ̢̕͠ ̷͡ ́͟ ͟͡҉ ̴̧͝ ̷̶̢͝ ̸҉ ̵̨̀͜ ̶̢̨͞ ҉̵̡͟͝ ͠͞͏ ̷̧́҉ ̶͞͠ ̨̧͢͟ ̕͏̴̶ ́҉̸͏ ̷̢̧ ̸̢̀͢ ̡͟ ̢̛́͞ ̢̡̕͘͜ ̢́ ̧͞͝ ́͠ ͜͏̴ ̢͢ ̀̕͢ ̶̴̨͏ ́ ̨̡͞͝ ̢́͟ ̸̧̡̛ ̛͘ ͏̶́҉ ͏́͢ ̴̵ ͏̕҉́ ̢̀́͠ ́͢͏ ͘͟͝ ̕҉̨͝ ̴̷͜͞ ̴̸́͜͠ ̴̴̨͝ ̵͝ ̕͡͝ ̨̕͝ ҉̸̕͜͝ ̸̧́̕ ̀͘͞ ̴̨̧ ̶͟͠͠ ͢͝͡ ̕ ̀͞ ̵̡́͘ ̸̨̧̛͟ ҉ ̛͠ ̵̢͞ ̵̀̕͜͞ ̧ ̢̧͘ ͘͡ ̶̕͠͡ ̸̷̨̨ ̴͢͠ ̡ ̸҉͏ ҉͏ ̴̡͝͡ ̨̕ ̢ ̸̀͜͏̀ ̶̧͜ ̸̵̛̛ ҉̛͡ ̧ ̴̢́ ̛͏҉ ̷̧̀̕͢ ̡̛ ̷͟͟ ̵̧͘ ̢̕͞ ̷̴ ̸͝͠͏͞ ҉̸̸̛̀ ̵̢̛͞͡ ̴̷̧͢͝ ҉҉̨͠ ̢̀ ̸҉͝ ́͟͡ ̶̷͜҉ ̧̛ ̢͟͝ ̡̀͘͠ ́͘ ̨̢̕͝ ͏̷̡̧ ͟͟ ͞͡ ̴͟҉͘͟ ̢͢͢ ͞҉͞҉͞ ͏̛ ̸̀͜͝ ͟͜ ́͏ ̷ ̸̷̵ ͟͏͠ ͏͜ ̶́͘ ̷̛͢͟͝ ̴́̕͟҉ ̀̀ ̧͞͠ ̢̕͢͏ ͟͝͡͡ ̶͠ ̶҉̛͟͞ ̷̨̀ ̸̨͢͞ ̨́͠ ̸̨̡͘͡ ̕͡҉́͠ ̴̧̧͝ ҉̧͢҉͘ ̡̡͞ ̢͝ ̧͘ ̴̀ ̵̸̨͘ ̢̧͝͏ ̕͢͡҉͜ ͏҉ ̛ ̸̵̨͞ ̷̧̢͢͞ ͟ ̶̨́̀ ̡͏҉͜ ̶̶͘͏͞ ̕̕͘͢͞ ̀͡͡ ͏̴̧̛͢ ̢̡́ ̨̛̕͟͟ ̸ ̴̢̧͜ ̨̢͏ ̶̛ ̶̴͜҉ ̵̕͞ ̷̡ ̵̛͡҉ ̡ ̢̛ ̴̢̛ ҉̕҉͡ ̧̛̀ ̴ ́͡ ̶̨̛́ ̶̴̕ ͢͏̧ ̷̡ ̶̴͜͡ ̵̡̡͠ ̵̧͞ ̢͞ ̶͜ ̴͢ ̛̀ ̵́͢͏ ̶̢͡͠ ̢͘ ̶҉͝ ͏̕ ̨̛̕ ̸̢͢͢͜ ̸̢̀̀͢ ̶̷͞ ̴̡̡͟͝ ͏̶̨̧͢ ̸̧̀͟ ̢̡͜ ̸͢͟͞ ̶ ̸̡̕ ̶̴͡͡͡ ̸ ̴͟͢͞ ̸̴́ ̡̨͢͞ ̡͢͏ ̷̸͘ ̸̸ ̴̀͢҉ ̡͢͝ ̡̧͘҉̡ ̴̷̸̕͡ ̨͜͡ ̵̴̧͡ ̷͜͡ ̵̸̧ ͞͏̸̨͡ ̛҉͢ ̵̵͘͠ ̸̀̀́ ͏̛̀ ̡͏̷̡ ̀͡ ̀͝҉ ͏́ ҉̡͢ ̸̧̢͢͞ ̶̷̀́͡ ̷̸̨͜ ̴̨҉ ̷͝͡͞ ͏̴̡́̕ ̶̨͜ ̧҉̨̡͞ ̶̡͡ ̸̨̛͞҉ ̵̕̕ ҉̶͜ ͢͝ ̸̷̢́͟ ̨͘ ͏̷͏ ̨̛̕͢ ̢̛͜ ̸͘͟͞͝ ̵̨̕͢ ̸̨̧͟ ̶̴̛̛ ̢͠͞ ̴̧͢ ͟҉҉͏̡ ͠҉ ̷̡̧̡ ̡͢ ̴̨͢͡ ́͟͠͞ ̸̴́͢ ͟҉̴͠ ̢̧͠͠ ̕͞҉̢ ͘͏̸̷ ̢́͘͡ ̧͟͜ ̵͏͠ ̵̷̡͜͜ ̡̛́̀ ̡͟͟͠ ̵͞͝ ̵̢͠ ̷́͞ ͏̛̛ ̵͘͏̕͞ ̷̢̀͝ ̷̢ ͢ ̴͜ ̡̛͠ ͟͠ ̶̴̧͟ ́͘͜͢͠ ̸̡̧̀ ̧̕͞ ̧̨̕͡͝ ͢͠ ͏̧̛͡ ̧̕͡͡ ́҉͏ ̶̴̛͡ ̷̨̀͜ ̛̀̕͢ ̡̨́ ̛́̀ ̛̀́́̕ ̷̨͘͞ ̷͟ ̡̧̡ ̸͟ ͞ ̶̸͢͝ ̡̡҉ ̡͜͏̴̧ ̵͏̢͞ ̵͢ ̀͜͠͝ ̸̴̀͜ ͘͏̀̕͝ ̧̡͜͜ ̷̕ ҉͞҉ ͟͝ ̶̛͜͡ ̷̛ ̧͢͞ ̛͜͞͏̕ ́̀͢͜ ̷́͢ ̵̷͟͏ ̵̴͡͠͞ ̶̕͡͏ ̡̨̕͞ ̶̢̡͡ ̧̀͢͞͠ ͜҉͢͠ ̴͏̢͏̧ ͏͏͜ ͏̛͡͠ ͏̧͝ ̢̛̀̕ ҉̨ ҉̴̀́ ͏̛ ̵̷̡͜ ̴̛̛ ̧͏̷͏ ̧́͜͠͠ ̡͜ ͝ ̴̛́͟͏ ̴͏̶ ̨͠ ̶̷̡́ ̵̨̕ ́̕͝ ́͜͏̸̶ ̢̀͢͠ ̨̀͞͠ ́ ̷͜ ͘̕͘͝ ͢͞ ͟ ̨̀҉ ҉̢ ͘͟͡ ̵̷ ͢҉͘͟ ͘͡ ̷ ̶̶̛͝ ̢̛̛͘ ͢͠ ̷͟͢͝ ͘͘͜ ͠͠ ̢̡͢͜ ̛͘͜͞ ̛͞ ̨̕͘͟ ͏̧͜͢͝ ̸͏ ̡́͘͠͡ ̵͘̕ ҉̨͜ ̸̵̢͘ ̸̧́͜͞ ̷͏͏̴͢ ̴҉̨̛ ̷̴̨̡ ́͡҉̨́ ͜҉̡̛͟ ̴̨́͜ ̴͘͞҉ ̢̡̕ ̡̨ ̧͠ ̶̛́͘͜ ̛̀͜͏ ̡̕͜͠ ̵҉̡͞ ̷̶̢̕ ́͟͡ ͏̢̕ ͏̧͡ ̵̕ ̕͠͞͏͟ ͞҉̢͏ ̡͏̸̷ ̶̡̀̀͠ ͜͏͡ ̨ ̀̕͢͡ ̸̛҉ ̸̷͘҉͏ ̡̡̢́̕ ̀͢͟͟ ̶̴̵̀͘ ͏̧ ̸̧̧ ́͞ ̶͘ ̡̡̛̛́ ̧̧́̀͠ ̸̡̢͝ ̶͘͠ ͏́ ̶͟͢͞ ̴̴ ́͘͜ ̴̷͡ ̵̢̡͜ ̨̛ ́͘͞ ҉̡͡ ̷̕̕͜͜ ̶͢ ̡̀͘ ̵́̕͡ ̴̡̛͜ ̨̡́͞͝ ̸̨ ̵̡ ̷̢̀͡ ̶͏͞͡ ̵̢̨̛ ̶͜ ̸̶ ̢͘͢͢ ̴̀͟͞ ҉̶͏̵ ҉̶̶ ̢̀́͞ ̶̢̡́͡ ̀҉ ̷̧͜͝ ̶̢̢ ͏̕ ̡́ ̡͟͜ ̴̢̡̧̀ ̶͞ ̶͜ ̴̸̡͜͠ ̶́̀ ̧͟͞ ̸̡ ̡̛̛ ͏̴ ́͟ ͜͞ ̸͏̶̛ ̢͢͢͞ ̧́҉ ̷͡ ͏̛͢ ̛͞ ́͜͜͡ ̧̛ ̧҉̢̛̀ ̢̛̛͠͡ ͘͞ ̷̀͡͠͞ ͢͠ ̛́͏̴ ͢͠ ͜͟ ̷̴̷̸͞ ̷̸̶̢̛ ҉͠ ̨͞ ̷̢͜͡ ̴̵̢̧̛ ́͜͞͠ ̶̵̶̡̛ ̸͢͡ ̛͟͞͠ ̨͏̀͏ ̷̸̵͡ ̶̢́͝ ̨̧̢̛͠ ̷̡ ̢ ͘͜͝ ̶̀̕ ́͢͠͞ ̨̛͟͠ ̸̢̀ ̀̕͏ ͘ ̴̛́́͠ ̶̕͢͜͡ ͏ ̴̶̡͟͝ ́͢͟͠ ̢̨̛͡ ̴̶̛̕͟ ̴̵̧̕ ̴̵͡ ̶̡͜ ̧̢̀ ̵̸͜ ́͢ ̵̵́͜͏ ̸̢̡͝ ̷̨́͞ ̵̀̕ ̢͝ ̧̧́͢ ̵̡̨҉ ͘͟͟ ҉ ̵̶̡͘͘ ̸͝͡͝ ͏̴̴͜ ͘͡ ̨̕͢͠͞ ͘͏͘ ̶̢͟͟͟ ̶҉̵̸̕ ̸̀ ͡ ̵̡ ̵҉ ̧̧̛ ̸͠͡ ͜ ̧͠͡ ̶̧̨͟͠ ̶̕҉ ̕͢ ̸ ̶͢ ̨̨́͢ ̴͜͢͡ ̡͏ ҉̷̛͘ ̵͘͢ ̴̷̧͘ ̸̶͝͠͡ ̷̧̧͘ ̴̕͜ ̢̡̕ ̸̧͢ ̶̀ ̴̶́͟͝ ̢ ͞͡ ̨͞ ̵̧̛́͠ ̴̨̧͞͞ ̡̕҉ ̵̢͘͞͝ ̷̕҉ ̷̡̕ ̨̛̕͜ ̶̢͜͠ ̷̀̕͢ ́̕͡͞ ̵͘͢͡ ̴̡̢̀́ ̵̢͞ ͘͘͝͠͝ ́͢ ̴҉ ̡̕͟͏ ̶̸҉ ̷̡͢ ͘҉̨̛ ̵̸̢͡ ̧͡ ̢̡́͟ ̵̨͢ ̛ ̧̛͝͝ ̛͝ ͏ ͢͟͠ ̢̛͟ ͢͢͝͠ ̴̧̀̕͞ ͏͢҉̵̷ ̨̨̀ ҉͏҉ ̵̵͏̷̶ ̕ ̧̀̕ ̷̕͢͜͟ ̵̴̷͘ ͘͞ ̀͜ ̨͏́ ̨̛̀̀͞ ̸͟͏͏̢ ̶̀ ͏͡ ̡͘͡͝͞ ͏҉͏͏̕ ̡̀͡ ̷̕͞͝ ҉́ ̕͞҉̷ ̵́͟͜ ̷̕͜ ̧̡͘͠ ͠ ̶̶̵̀ ̸̷͜͏ ̧̧͘͞҉ ҉́͠ ̴̵̡̕͞ ͝҉ ̶́͢ ̛̀͜ ̛̀͘ ̸̛̛͝ ̷̷͜͞͠ ̸̶̧͝ ̸̧́ ̴͜ ̷̢̡͢͝ ̵̴́́͢ ̢҉̷ ̧͘ ̡͠͠ ͠҉҉͟ ̶̧͡͝҉ ̷͟͠ ̨́̕ ͏̨ ̸͢ ̸̸̸̀́ ̨͘҉̨͟ ̷͡ ̴̵̨͡ ̷̕͜ ̧̧͟ ̶̡͜͝ ̶̵ ͘͟ ̨͘ ̴ ͢͏̡͢ ̷͡ ̵̶̡͢ ̴́̀͟ ̸̧̡͏́ ̡͠ ̸͡s̵̢̡͝͡c͘͞r͏̡̀̀͡é̡͜a̶͝m͘̕į̧̀͘͘ing as he went down. The sound was unsettling, a too-old man hurt within his brief limits. The Old Knight and Lord had exchanged one blow each, Dyrnwyn dropping from his overarmored hand after it tore open Bleeder's suit-chest, before his monstrous blade of vampiric organ had smashed his side in.

Whatever the violence of the downing hit, Bleeder didn't push it, standing back with his sword down and eyes flickering vampire-fast. This was it. The limit before the slay. There wasn't many left who could really put out a fight, and Bleeder had barely slowed down. He was honoring the duel with each swordfighter, but there was only one left now who could stand to fight... and Cassandra described herself as a 'scrappy stick-waver' at best in her mastery of a sword. But she was already stepping forward in exhaustion, Gaziel nodding off just long enough to not realize she was up to fight.

The four who could deliver them from the coming kill were trapped above, where the Megalith itself sought to crush them alive, a demon wall bearing down in fanged hate. It'd come for them soon after. It was clear that they wouldn't be enough to kill a Lord.

So the mage shook out her gore-soaked robe, hair slicked with evil, and rolled her hurting shoulders to hold up her firebrandt blade. She walked into the ankle-deep center of the great rain-filled stone bowl, staring at the 7th Lord with no emotion left. Too tired for that. Just embers now.

He's standing tall, tired but well in the second wind. His sword has obeyed his Knightly intents, the marrow curving out teeth to shape the broken pieces into a fullsharp sword. He waits for the long minute it takes Cassandra to make her way to be across from him, neither breaking eye contact under the dim shine of the goldrust reflections.

It was pouring ichor. Icy vapor streamed stormcloud through the Megalith heights. The young magi wondered if, when she lost, Bleeder would begin the slaughter by cutting her down first. She'd have to see. Maybe one lucky shot to his exposed wound...

Duel With A Lord posted:

This is hopeless.

There is no winning against a Lord.

It'd take miracle.

Look. They already got the ID tag. See?

Maybe...

...it's time to speak to the tiny critical ember deep in the back of the black, where the language of Hellfire and Nuclear sat with radiant patience. Maybe. The final answer.

What other kind of force could possibly hope to overcome this? Fighting Bleeder alone is the beauty of absolute suicide. But swords will speak first, and they'll see how bad it goes for you.

Bleeder begins the duel. He assumes a neutral stance. He can tell you're the last, and one of the least. Your pretty little magic fire sword.

He strikes first, lazy-strong. One hundred voices quiet with pain-labored breathing watch, knowing that her defeat was when they could no longer rest.

Cassandra tries to throw up her blade to meet the arc, and think̀̀͡s͟ ̶̕ ̕͘͢͡ ̡̛̛͘ ̶ ̕͜͞͝ ̷̧ ̶̸́͠ ̡ ̵̧͡ ̡̧͜ ͘ ̸͟͞҉ ̷̧͝ ̸̕͜҉͠ ̷̶̧͝͞ ̶̛̕͞ ̶̵͡ ҉̡̕ ̶͢͡ ̶̷ ̡͘͟҉ ̢͠͝R ͠͝ ̀͜͡͏͏ ̀͞ ̡̡̢͟͏ ͢͠͠ ̶̧̨̨͠ ͢ ͢͞ ͏̧ ́͞͏̸̛ ͜͞ ̡͏̨ ̵͟ ̶̧̕͡ ͠ ̢̛͡ ̴̨͞͡ ̶͘͝ ́͟ ̶̧̕͟͟ ̴̢̕͜ ͞ ̷̶͠ ̢҉̸͜͡ ̸̨͘͜ ̧͝͞͝ ̶ ̢̀̀͡ ̛͘͏̨͡ ͟͞ ̡͠҉ ̛͢ ̶̡҉̷ ̨́͜͠͝ ̧̡͏ ̴͘͢͢͝ ̷҉́ ̡҉ ̵̵́͡ ̨́ ̴̶̀͘ ̸̢͘͞ ̷͏̷ ̵̵̢̛͡ ̸̀҉ ̴̷͟ ҉ ̷͝ ̡̧ ̷̵́̕ ̵̵̡ ͢ ̴͠ ̴͢ ̨̛ ̨̡̀́͜ ̧̢́ ̵̶̨͝ ̧̧͜͟ ̴͜ ̀́̕ ͟͏̸͢ ̢͘͟͞ ̀͏ ̢̛ ̢͜͞ ̵̷̴͘͟ ̢͘͏ ̶͝͡ ̡͢͠ ҉͡ ̡͘͘ ̢͡҉ ̨͢͟͡ ̷̷̢͡ ̶̛͜͝ ̵̡̧͠ ̷̷̴̛͘ ̵́̕ ҉̶̴̀͘ ̨͟͡ ̡̡̛͘͟ ̸̢ ̴̨͘͠͞ ̢̕͟ ̵̡͠ ̸́̕͜͞ ̸̷̕͢͞ ̶̵̴̀͠ ́ ̶͘͏̶̢ ̷̴̨ ͏̢ ̶̡̛ ͟ ҉̡҉̢̢ ̛͘͝ ̵̸̸̡́ ̸̕͞ ̨͘͜҉ ̡̢͢͡͡ ̢͝ ̵ ͘͏ ̶̴̨́͘ ̸̀͢͞͡ ̧͘͘ ̀͢͞͝ ̕͝҉ ̴̢̕͞͡ ̀ ̀͟ ̸̧̧͘ ̶̶̕͠ ̢̡ ̧̡͟͠ ̷͏͏̸́ ̸͝ ̛͠ ͟͏̶͘ ̀͠ ̸̀̕͢͡ ͢͟͝͞ ̛͏̧ ̵̸̧ ́͘͝͞ ́͜ ̷̸̸̕ ̴̷̢͢ ̴̵́҉ ̡̨̛͠ ̶̨̀ ͏̸̵͢҉ ̶̴̵ ̶̷̢͞͡ ͡ ̴ ̨̛̛ ̷̶͜ ̵̴̕ ̸̕͢ ̡̕͡҉̀ ̕͜͞ ̀̀͝ ̶̷̶͟͠ ̧̧́ ̨͘͠ ̵͟͡ ̸̡̕͢͜ ̸̨͠ ̵̧͘̕ ̸̧̨̛͟ ̶̀ ͘͘͡͞͡ ̴̧̛ ͏̷̴̡ ̧̢͝͡ ̴̛̛͜ ̕͡ ̷̛ ̵̡̨͠ ͟ ̧̨ ̢ ̧̧͢ ̸҉̧͘͝ ̛̛҉ ̢̨͟͞ ̶͜ ̨̡͜͏ ͏̵̀ ̡̛̛ ̷̛ ̨͘͟͏͝ ̡͢͠ ̷̵ ͢͞ ̕͞ ̢͜ ͘҉ ̛͟͜͝ ҉̡̧ ̷̛ ̸́͢҉ ̶́͝ ̧͘ ̶̨͝ ̶̛͘҉͘ ͘͟ ̷̶̀ ̴̨̛ ̴͝͏̵ ̡̀ ͜҉ ̢̢̢̛́ ͏҉̸ ̧ ̛͠͏ ̴̛̀͠ ̷͢͞͏̀ ̧́͠҉ ͏̢̀͢ ̶̡͜ ̴̡̕ ̀̀͜͢ ͝҉́̕͢ ̷҉ ̛͟͝ ̸̀ ̸́͟͝ ̸̨́̕ ̨͞͡͞͝ ̷̢͢͡͝ ́͘͏͠͏ ̶̛͟ ̷̷̸̢ ̴̴̧̨̕ ̛ ̢͘̕͞ ̢͘ ̧̕ ̨̕͝ ̶̵̧̧͞ ̛ ̧͞͏ ̴͡ ͏̢ ̴̛͜ ͡҉҉͢ ̵̵̨͠ ̴͟͟͜ ͟͟͞ ̵̕ ̵́̀͜͟ ̷̨̧͡ ̶̵̡͘͟ ̶͞͏̡ ̷́͟͡͞ ̷̢́͘͡ ̸̨̢̕ ̡̀̀ ̴̵͢͜ ̴́͢ ̵͝͠ ҉̷̷́ ̧͢ ̵͠҉̸͏ ҉̷̀͜͡ ̷̧͠ ͏̵̀ ̷͢͏͏̡ ̧̕͟͡ ̀͟͡͞ ̷̨̢ ̸́͝ ́͘͜ ̸̀͠ ̧̀͜͟͞ ̴͘͜ ̶̵̛ ͡ ̡ ̨̛͏҉ ͏͜ ҉̷̀ ̶ ̶̸̡̀͢ ̷̸̶͜ ̛̕͝͡͡ ̨̛́ ̧̛ ̵̴͘͘ ̷̶͠͝ ҉̷̴̶ ̷͝ ͏ ̨̡͟͝ ̵̢ ͠ ҉̧ ̧̢̛ ̡͡ ͏͢҉ ̀͟͡͞ ̛͘͜͜ ̢͠ ͘͟ ̴̴̡̡̛ ̸̢̡͢͞ ̸̢͜͢͠ ̡̛́̕͜ ̨́͜ ͡ ͘͜ ́͏̢̨ ̡͝ ̛̀ ̵̶̡̛͡ ҉̷̀͝ ̧̧͘ ̧̡͏̀͟ ̶́͞ ̶́͝ ̸̕ ̨͢ ̧ ͏҉͞ ̸̢҉ ̵̨̨̕͞ ̡́͟ ̵̡͜ ̧̧͝ ͡͝͠҉̸ ̧͟ ̴̧̀͢ ̶̨͘͢͞ ̵̡̢̀͢ ̵̵̕ ͏̷̷̨͢ ̸̴̨͟͝ ̛̛͝ ̷͞͏̡͟ ̷͢͢ ͏̛́ ̸̢̨͜ ̴͝ ̵̵̕͘ ̴̧͘ ҉͘͡͡ ̷̛ ̕͠ ̶̧̀ ̀҉ ҉҉̸̨͞ ̧̛҉ ͡҉̕ ́ ̸͡ ̀͜ ̷͢ ̶̡́͟ ̵̧͟ ́͏̨͟͏ ̧̛͘͠ ̡̨̨͜ ̵̴̴̢҉ ̢͘ ҉̧ ̧͜͏ ̸͘ ̛͘͟ ̵҉̕ ̶̵̢́͜ ̴̨̛ ̶̢̡͘͘ ͢ ̢́͢͠ ̀̕͘͝ ̡̀ ̷ ̢͢ ̴̶͏ ̷̡͟͡͏͏ ̵́͡ ̶͘ ̶̷̀ ̷̴͘͞͡ ̨͘҉͠ ̴̶̕̕͡ ̸͏̴́ ͢ ̶̶͏ ҉͝ ͝҉́ǫ̸͜͡m͏͏҉̴i͏̀n͠͏̸͜g̸͘͟͜͞ ̷̶̧̀͠ right at us. You're ready though. To fight to final strike. Bleeder broke his own rules of honor; he let his patience boil too hot!! All because you got him so bothered back at the swamp. Well, I did. But you, oh you had that anger ready. Now? He's sloppy. Mad. In disbelief. Unsure of his own reality! DISASSOCIATING! Now I've claimed something he thought belonged to him, thought gave him control. I've stolen that from him. It's ours now. You feel it squirming in your hellish prison heart, nailed to wall shivering. There is worse than Hell.

You're sending a Lord to it, now.

(!Lord Knight's Destroying Sword) 14 [6]+[5]+[6] = 17 - CRITICAL FAILURE!!

Bleeder.

Bleeder.

(Critical Miss Table) [5]+[6]+[5] = 16 - You Fall Down!

You've fallen over, Bleeder.

I've knocked you down.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:f5:

Oh poo poo this is wild. Will the PC go forward with the kill, with all we've talked about with the merciful path?

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Gdamn, this is some amazing poo poo.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
:f5h::frogsiren: OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I was watching an old speedrun video, and this part really put me in mind of ZHE. Whenever there's a bit describing palettes gone wrong or us clipping through The Back, this is now what I'll visualize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkrK0-EIVY&t=2441s

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
This motherfucker has 700 HP. Meaning a normal fight would mean you'd kill him at... -3500?

How the gently caress is this guy "the one lord that can be sanely challenged"!?!?

I'm thinking it has to do with removing his suit right?

Grond fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 13, 2021

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
:suspense: :suspense: :suspense:

We're going to get a vote, right? Right? I need to know what happens next! This is so good!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Grond posted:

This motherfucker has 700 HP. Meaning a normal fight would mean you'd kill him at... -3500?

How the gently caress is this guy "the one lord that can be sanely challenged"!?!?

I'm thinking it has to do with removing his suit right?

Does the enemy need to go to negative values, or do they just pop at 0 HP? This is running off of the GURPS system, which I'm not too familiar with, but usually NPCs in tabletop games die when they hit negative HP values.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

If they run off the same rules as us, IIRC at 0 HP there’s an HT check to stay conscious, then at negative HP there are progressively harder HT checks to not die, followed by instant death at -5*max HP.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Thanks for still reading, everyone. I'd like to have the Bloody Megalith Arc concluded this week. I've needed time to stabilize and adjust to my new work schedule (a full 40-hour), and to get my finances healthy.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I should be thanking you, it’s genuinely and truly an enormous joy to read. I hope your financial situation stabilises!

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Your personal well-being and mental health is more important than the suspense, no matter how suspenseful it is.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

This is a wonderful and engaging story whatever pace it comes out at. I deeply appreciate the effort you put in for it, but I don't want you to burn out!

Radio Free Walrus
May 16, 2015
Take your time! I think most of us are just happy to get to go on this trip with you, regardless of rate.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[This could be it.]

[Thing is, there was a final reason for why Bleeder was best first; why he was the 7th.]

[He's just as dangerous as the others. But he's a glass cannon. His vampire suit is as much a hindrance as Lordly strength, and not just because of the restrictions it has. It was Bleeder's mercurial nature - some oneruns, he'll simply nosell every last threat and horror you rain down on him. Others, he'll have a mental break over being insulted too many times. There was a hundred ways to get under Bleeder's skin, and his freakout could just as easily become a berserker killrage.]

[Not this time, though. The complex and lucky gambit paid off as hoped; the struggle to fully enslave the Vampire-Lord Parasite was won, the first Lordly Malfeasance. Not just that, but it even managed to steal some of Bleeder's blood! Both kinds, too. This meant that the initial vampire birth was instead a unique drug-like state from the body processing the stolen Lordly blood. Its benefits would go quickly, which meant it was now or never to put the seal on the deal with Bleeder.]

[If the suit gives just enough, it'll create an opening. Most of Bleeder's vampire powers are useless now, along with one or two of his Lord arts. He'll fight mad, dirty, desperate. Damage will be unknown wilds - this was a first time for achieving the Enslaved parasite state, and all that's known from memory of the Blue Book is that the blood-drugged state leads to chaotic output and large-but-unclear HP totals. So it's purely a gambit of rushing Bleeder while the high is peak and he's emotionally vulnerable.]

[As long as he doesn't start screaming about leaving the car, it should be a safe second phase.]

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

let’s get em. time to Be the Bandage

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

leaving...the car? I'm suddenty intrigued.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Presumably a reference to when he was trapped in the crashed car during the undead outbreak on the island.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well, we're about to find out what newfound hell can possibly await us in the second phase.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So while we wait, I've been reading again over from the beginning. Just finished with the Cats of Ulthar quest tonight.

Things I would like to note:
*I really empathize with the tyrant child's anxiety. Like drat. I have been there, and I don't even have the excuse of all the horrors you've seen.\
*Also goddamn the loss of Blue and Red after Camp made me cry with relatable feelings.
*Tactical puking in Deimos's lap is A+++ great
*Trying to figure out what the difference is between the tyrant child's Tyranny and Hunter's, besides Hunter having ???? amount of extra experience and therefore understanding of how it works and strength? Does she have a separate Tyrant personality? Did she previously have a non-Tyrant personality that's since been subsumed entirely by her Tyrant?
*What is the traumatic event that drives the Holy End (I think???) version of our protagonist? Was it the circumstances of receiving their Crown? Why do they seem to not have a Tyrant voice/personality, or have we just not seen it?
*Black Crows Always Win!!!
E:
*Towards the beginning of the game, it seems to be implied that a Tyrant pc is a regular option, as there's mention of it being a good thing to have a "successful first Manifest", but later on, one of the blue book entries says it's not possible to have a playable Tyrant iirc.

Double edit:
What are they going to do when they realize that Smercia's tithe requires them to kill Red and Blue?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 20, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

You're already on top of him as he goes down; all these words he's saying, garbled by the sloshing mix of blood and the squish of vampire meat being threatened. Why would you listen? I'm not. You nearly fell to damnation by the sword, and it was only by the right of our suffering and slay that we turned doom to victory. There's no choices left to think through now. Just intent. Leaping atop a screaming Lord, sword drawn while his is just out of reach, other hand not quite formed back into the cannon, meaning you and I and we are free to just sta̷b h̴i͞ḿ to d͟e̛áth.

(!Tyranny - Heartstab) 18(-5) [6]+[2]+[6] = 14 - Almost!

THERE! You drive the sword down, one hand fighting to punch his clawing arm away, the other aiming with a growl. It hits where the heart is... but the suit teeth catch the bladetip! It'll take force. The laugh that follows is involuntary from us, the rush of red churning your stomach giddy. But you have to laugh. Just look at this! A Lord, pinned to the floor after they slipped like an idiot, about to die after thinking they could take advantage of my doom.

Bleeder punches your face while you fight to pin his cannon-forming arm as you drive down the sword.

(!Lord - Right Hook) 14 [3]+[2]+[6] = 11 - Success!
[6 Damage!]

HP: [ 7? / 19? ]
FP: [ 30 / 30 ]

That hurt. Bad! Half of your face is going to be a smooshed bloodied mess. But your jaw holds iron against the awful shred of dense muscle and vampire tooth smashing it apart. You lock eyes, blood and spit foaming out of your stress-clenched teeth. Lordly blood, casting everything in triplicate... you stare at your filth-jagged nails. You raise your hand away from pinning his arm, and claw at his soft face.

(!Tyranny - GOUGE) 18(-5) [6]+[2]+[3] = 11 - GOT YOU BACK BLEEDER
[96 damage!!]

Bleeder doesn't scream; too sudden and painful. Your fingers rake across his cheek but don't catch - not until you snag onto the collar of his suit and PULL it like fruit leather off a troublesome wrapper, slab yanked away as the slenderfangs are dragged out of the skinnysick skin underneath. You almost get it pulled down to the chest before Bleeder catches your wrist, and you end up ripping it away from neck to shoulder instead, weakening his sword-arm.

The cannon finishes forming. His other hand... clutches to drag the shreds of his suit up over the exposed of his body, instead of trying to fight you down. His eyes are pinpointed with horror. Megalith becomes heartbeat. It's a first true wounding as he understands what his 'gift' has done. He's speaking now. He's shrieking now.

"WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOUR BODY?!"

UH OH BLEEDER BETTER THINK FAST BLEEDER posted:

[Desiccation] disabled!
[Congregate] disabled!
[gift] disabled!
[Scrapelick] disabled!
[All-Red Mind] disabled!
[†Blade Maiestuos] disabled!
[†Bloody Blade] disabled!

Life Curses still viable!

BLOOD'S ANXIETY: [ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][80%]

He's struggling. Trying to keep himself covered. The fangs gnaw the blade to stop it from heartpierce. The cannon fighting to push aside my arm and aim for my chest. His breath is catching. Are those... tears?

Oh, Bleeder.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! I'M SORRY I HURT YOU! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE; TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!"

I'm not thinking right. You wrench the blade out of the armor, slicing off a tooth as you tear it away, letting it slump over Bleeder's body while both of your murdering hands reach out and GRAB the Lord by his little neck.

(DX - Neck Grab!) 11 [4]+[2]+[3] = 9 - SHUT. UP.

The tea͘͡͠rs ̷͝dí̛́ş͝g̀͝͏u̶s̨t͜ ̡y̷͘o̴͘͘u. They mean Bleeder's given you permission to hurt him. He isn't allowed to say no anymore. He broke first. That means...

(ST - THROTTLE ) ▯▯ [4]+[2]+[3] = 9 - No more air, Bleeder.

You're denied the kill, but the attempt tells you everything you need to know. Your fingers press into his glassy skin, and it POPS like water's surface tension; microinches before your nails pierce the windpipe, bone slivers slams out from the collar and into your wrists. They can no longer drain you, but they can fight with a Survivor's strength to keep you from the quickslay. This is when you choose to reply to Bleeder. You lean in close as he struggles to breathe, cannon arm so close to getting an aim on you now, the other hand desperate for purchase against your murdering arms.

You tell him, you are doing this because you want to LIVE.

You tell him, you don't really care that he's sorry because you know that's a LIE.

You tell him, you won't ever leave him alone now.

You tell him, what you want is to bring End - so he can't threaten you, ever again.

I finish it by yanking my hands away from his neck, sending bone slivers and blood flecking all over as he draws in air, and then I preempt his next action - predictable Bleeder!! - by grabbing his cannon-arm, and pressing it directly to my body. I'm smiling when I tell it to his bloodshot-wide eyes.

This is your chance, Bleeder.
One shot.
Make it quick.
Make it kill.

Then my hand reach-races for my sword, as I feel the immense in-pull of air mixing with his funneled blood, slowly generating the Lordly exhalation of unholy force. It's so cold! But oh, your veins. They're SCALDING now. Look at how disgusting your skin is. So many redlight lines... don't get distracted! You have the sword and it's already made the slip, right there into the toothy slit. The cannon is charged. You're not going to doubleact, you have to make it fair, so you wait for it to be ready to fire.

Who goes first, Bleeder??

(Your DX) 11 [6]+[6]+[2] = 14 -hahaha I went too slow oh nooo
vs
(Lordly DX) 14 [2]+[4]+[6] = 8 - Bleeder Shoots First

His voice before the deafening icewind is struggled, bruised windpipe and angry horror forcing a high wordless growl.

(ULTIMATE HELL ART - 'MARROW CANNON') - AUTOMATIC HIT
[Bleeder -7 HP!]

It's like... like a laser hidden inside of a great twisting beam of frozen wind. Your ears pop, and you already can tell your hearing just got some degree of permanent damage. You feel the ice crawlform up your skin and in your blood, instantly melting to red water from the nuclear force of your vitae. You feel the headwind try to blast you off, but you're too strongly tethered to be moved. All that remains is the searing pinpoint of blight, concentration unhallow. It can't harm your Kadath silk, being of the same substance, but it can easily pass through it with its divine nature and gently dust your flesh away, entropy cleanly heat-spackling off the organic.

[Marrow Cannon: (7d7-7)-(DR)x(2) Damage] - [16 damage!] - [Knockback Negated!] - [Iceburn Negated!] - [Unhallowing Negated!]

HP: [ -9? / 19? ] [~Too Bloodhigh To Pass Out~]
FP: [ 30 / 30 ]

You keep smiling once the howling ends, the cannon-arm firmly pushed away and to the floor. Bleeder doesn't need to know that under your slowly-soaking suit, half of your ribs are exposed and viscera is being pinned in cleanly by your ivory dress shirt. Bleeder is shaking now, and I know it's because he knows that whatever he has to throw at me, it's NOT going to be enough for the one-shot. He shouldn't have underestimated you. Now we're going to make an example out of him, for all the Lords to see.

Throbbing bright crimson rages into your arms. Both hands slump onto the sword, and pre҉͘s҉̨́͘͡s̨̧̨͞ ̷̨̛̀͝D̶̨̧͠O̷͜W̴̢N̴͘͟ ̶̡̛͜ ̡͠҉ ̴̀ ̴͡͠ ͏̡̛́͘ ̷͟ ̸̛͜͞͠ ̕͟ ҉̴͘ ̵͠ ̢͞ ̧͘͜ ̷̷͘͜ ̡͘͟͞͡ ̡́ ̴̧͜ ̨̛ ̕͡҉ ̵͞҉ ҉͘ ̷҉͏҉ ̛́͞ ̵͜ ̡̡́͠ ̷͢͏̵̧ ̛҉ ́͢͝҉ ͢ ̴͜͡ ͢͝ ̀͘͢ ͡͏̶̵̀ ̶̛͏̵͞ ͏̀͢ ̶̀ ̴̛̀͡ ̷͘͡ ̨̢͜͟͝ ̷̡͡҉͘ ̷̨ ͏̀̕ ̡͏͢͏ ̴̶ ̴̨̨͜ ̸̵͝ ̷̧̀͡ ̧́̀͞ ̵̨̨̛ ̶̴̶̢̨ ̵͢͠ ̵̢́͜͞ ̛҉̢ ̢̨̛̕͜ ̢́͜͢͞ ̡ ̛͡ ͘͢͡͠ ҉͞ ҉̀̕̕ ͏҉ ̀҉͟ ̶҉͘ ͡͠͏̵̸ ̀͢͠ ̢͘͠͞ ̵̢̕͠ ̛ ̴̢̢̀̕ ҉̧͟͞ ̸̸̧͟ ̡̛͢͠͡ ̸̢͢͡ ͘͘͜͡ ̢͝ ̷̵͘͟ ̸̧̨̛͢ ̧́͟͠ ̧͜͏̷͢ ̸͜ ̵҉̡҉ ̷̸̕͜ ̵ ̢̛͜͏̸ ̵́͞͝ ̀̀͢͞ ̴̨̕ ͘͜͡ ͡ ͡͡ ̴̶ ͠ ́ ͏ ̴̧ ̕͠ ̷̛͟͜͡ ҉ ͏̷́́͢ ̷͜͝͠͠p҉҉u̵͡l̴͢͏̷ļ̷̡́ş̴̷̴ ̧̛͝U͟͞P, pulling Cassandra out of the way right as the fatal stab comes down. The gigantic marrowsword sinks into the blood and stone, weary Bleeder renewing his attention as four forms drop down into the bowl. They move before he can even begin to process his situation.

Cassandra could only watch with beaten delirium. There... the Emperor, moving like Heaven. She had moved so fast the air was still shimmering with heat, the simple twofold motion of a gentle push to misdirect the blade while a gentle pull misdirected Cassandra's nearly-corpse. Runes flash, traced into the thickened air by Valkyr hand, Bleeder yanking his cloak up too late to stop a massive skeet-spray of blood from being blown up into his eyes, blinding him. Arrows snick out threefold; surely they were shot all in the same draw? All three strike to target; two into the sword arm, one into the chest, all three working to touch pressure points that weaken the armor, opening Bleeder's sword arm to complete exposure as the vampire armor sloughs off. Finally comes a massive figure All-Holy, clad in pyrite plate and reaching out with her life-sworn arm, picking up the Lord and throwing him the same as a bag of half-rotten potatos. He slams and rolls, more of the armor flower-peeling off, coughing on blood and disarmed.

Where the fire magi lay in the warm dead dark, she watched the 7th Lord be brought to the sudden low of panic. She knew through the bubbles in her head what he was thinking. How? How? How can someone move faster than a Lord? How can someone call magics more powerful than a Lord? How can someone loose little rods of wood and metal that can challenge the invulnerability of a Lord? How can someone be so wrought with nameless holy that they can overpower a Lord?

But then the Hellbright Knight does something she doesn't fully understand, as her body fights to remain awake. He begins to cry. He begins to breath with the terror of the confused. He desperately drags his armor back up before it droops to expose his torso, and there's a voice, pitched and pleading- "NO! DON'T LOOK! DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME!"

He claws across the floor as fast as he can. But there, there, the Emperor Holy moving so FAST, already standing in the way with her arms crossed and that lazy-kill look. Crawl to his sword but no, no, the Emperor Dark has effortlessly thrown it away with the hook of her hellish spear. Choke down a sob of despair, scuttle back, but look, look, they're closing in. One hundred wounded closing in. There is no longer the fear of a LORD.

Cassandra's thoughts dim to mulled wine. All she could see now was the great wall of shadows closing in on the Lord, three great towers surrounding him. His suit ready to expose him, his sword lost, his vampirism not strong enough. She looked at him and wondered why the color of pity was filling her. Look at him... weakened and trapped inside his vehicle... so many horrors looming over him demanding to see, demanding to touch, demanding to Eǹ̶̡͢͝d̴͡ ̴̡ ́҉ ͏́͜ ̵̸͘͟ ̀͡ ̷̢̀͞ ̷͏̨̛͘ ̶̢̛ ̴̨̧̛ ͜҉̵̀͏ ̢̡̛ ̸̢͠ ҉̵̵͜ ́͝͏͞ ̀͢͟͡ ̕͠ ̵͟ ̶̛́͝ ̵͞ ̷̧̢̛ ̢͘͡͝ ͠҉ ̵͠ ̶́ ͟ ͏̵̢͝ ̛́͝͡ ͏͟ ̢̕͠ ̷͘͜͢ ̸͢҉ ̸͘ ̸̨̨͝҉ ̛͠ ̢͡͝ ̴̴͠ ̨̡̕͢ ̕҉̕ ̡ ̧̛̀ ̨͟͢͟ ̷̸̡ ̶̵̕͞ ͜҉̵͡ ̴̨͘ ̸͠͠͝ ͜͏ ̢ ̶̀̕͠ ̨͏ ̴̧͠ ̛́͟͜͝ ̴̨̕̕ ̕͏ ̛͜͜ ̢̕͟͜͞ ̛҉ ̶̡͞ ͢͠ ̛̕ ́́͢͡ ̶͟͝ ̢͟ ̸͢͜͜͠ ̷̧̨ ҉̛̀͘͠ ̶̢̡̕ ̷̀҉ ̀͠ ̵̧̡ ̸̴̕̕̕ ̷̴̀͞ ́́͢ ҉̡͟͝ ̛ ̶̴̛ ͟҉̸ ̸̶̛ ̷ ̷̛̛͜ ̶͝ ͏̸̀ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

҉

҉

҉

҉

҉ ҉ ҉they all part way for him to come through. He kneels, and his hand is open. All Megalith is quiet for him.

The 8th Lords says, "Bleeder."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Bleeder posted:

"WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOUR BODY?!"
Ha ha. Yeah, that's a fair question.
Not too many answers to give though, not right now.

For now? When the 8th speaks, it's time to listen. :munch:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

8th Lords... plural?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
honestly it might be easier to describe what is right with it, it's a shorter list

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CoolCab posted:

honestly it might be easier to describe what is right with it, it's a shorter list

(Was) covered in skin, connected to at most 1 head, 2 arms, 1 waist, contained a ribcage and organs. I think that's everything.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh whoops that’s meant to be singular Lord but 8th LordS works too for Reasons

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I want to give Bleeder a hug. Though I really doubt he'd accept it.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
ngl my inner murder hobo was hyped for us to kill lords but now I'm just feeling a bit uncomfortable

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
I am completely entranced.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Black August posted:

Oh whoops that’s meant to be singular Lord but 8th LordS works too for Reasons

8th Lords... plural?

... when you say 8th, do you mean "8th following 1st through 7th" or 8th as in "1/8th of the whole"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Randalor posted:

8th Lords... plural?

... when you say 8th, do you mean "8th following 1st through 7th" or 8th as in "1/8th of the whole"?

*Steamed Hams Seymour voice* Yes!