Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunshineDanceParty posted:

A Fischl hang out has so much potential I'm surprised they haven't done that.

It irks me I e learned more about fischl playing honkai than genshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
To be fair it took a bit before everyone realized how bonkers Benny, XQ, and XL were. Less so for Xl but she was a Crescent Pike holder early on.

At first glance they all have weakness that should hold them back, XQ's skill CD and 80 cost Burst should balance the out but Sacrificial Sword is a thing that exists so.....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just a reminder that we will get official word on who's new in patch 2.4 before 2.2 ends, so anyone planning on Eula constellations or Itto might wait if Shenhe/Yuejin will be next.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want shenhe to be incognito cloud retainer so bad. Please let me roll for the bird that says she's better than humans, designs a food processor to show off to humans how cool she is, has an undercover human disguise because she's so much better than humans.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just hoping they Mimi'd her design because other than having pants the original model leak was just awful

and unless they did actually go through with making her a catalyst i think her falling into a cryo niche we already have is gonna be kinda boring

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

I've thought about this for a while in case this situation happened to me, but does C6 Bennet actually matter anymore? Or is the "Bennet C6 Bad" just anothet case of "common knowledge" from last year that ended up being pointless nowadays?

Ayaka, Ganyu, and Hu Tao don't use Bennet. Xiangling's drivers have infusions that can't be overridden. Xiao and Itto's infusion also can't be overridden. The other pyro carries actively like the boost. Beidou doesn't care what damage her drivers do. Is it literally just Eula? But even Eula usually uses Diona.

Can anyone else think of something that Bennet C6 "ruins"?

C6 bennett matters for a few combinations, in particular Bennett-carry comps that use Chongyun to melt his E (these aren't very popular compared to National Team though), and also Eula who actually does a big portion of her damage as physical normal attacks.
Would also matter for like a Phys Rosaria or Phys Keqing build if you were still running those.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I believe C6 also doesn't play well with Thundering Fury Bennett.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The one sentiment I've kind of agree with out of the games apparent latest "controversy" is that I'm hard pressed to give a gently caress about basically any of the web events they've awkwardly tried to copy paste over from how they do thing on Asian social media and that it's just demonstrably a bad idea to try to continue with it on the current track. Like they clearly have no idea how to approach the global community when it comes to social media PR campaigns nor that the approaches that typically work well in marketing in Asian regions come across as rather brazen elsewhere, but at the same time it has so loving little impact on the game experience for me itself that it's just kind of whatever and hardly worth complaining about. Maybe if I was as active on social media as a lot of the games community is it'd be the loving apocalypse for me that 1 in 300 or whatever dumb amount of people only win 100 primogems or something for playing Who's That Pokemon? Until they start cocking up the game directly somehow the stuff like Elon Musk or whatever is dumb and I don't get it, but it's just kind of something else entirely to me compared to whatever is happening the game or not as I'm sure it is to most people in the thread.

If you ask me it's just been demonstrably proven that all this web event PR type stuff on twitter and twitch just creates problems within the games community that probably wouldn't even be the case otherwise. Like it's literally drama that only exists because it gives people fuel for it basically and then the typical paranoia's of social media users take over and it apparently becomes a poo poo storm and content creators get harassed and scared away and it all just ends up sucking. They should probably just like...stop proactively taking this angle with their online PR and just focus on updating the player base with news involving banners, upcoming content and actual in game events or what not and I bet things settle down mighty loving fast because there's just nothing constantly feeding the toxicity people and giving them ample opportunity to create drama, which IMO is all that the web event stuff has turned into for Genshin Global.

Anyway the 2.3 banner trailers should come this weekend so I suspect that becomes the focus within the next 48 hours.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cannot imagine consuming complaints so regularly that i see them about the loving silhouette event lol

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive never cared about anything less than KFC wings drama

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

No Wave posted:

My tree is for sure at 40 (I'm the 252 poster). You can get at least 280 sigils past level 40 this patch, probably more. 100% completion doesn't count for much outside of starfell valley, most likely because they figured it wasn't worth driving players insane.

I'm also at 252 level 40, so that is maybe the current cap.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

MadHat posted:

To be fair it took a bit before everyone realized how bonkers Benny, XQ, and XL were. Less so for Xl but she was a Crescent Pike holder early on.

At first glance they all have weakness that should hold them back, XQ's skill CD and 80 cost Burst should balance the out but Sacrificial Sword is a thing that exists so.....

The CN meta picked up national team pretty quickly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ssmagus posted:

I'm also at 252 level 40, so that is maybe the current cap.
I am not that thorough! There are people w/ pictures of their 282 sigils.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tae posted:

Just a reminder that we will get official word on who's new in patch 2.4 before 2.2 ends, so anyone planning on Eula constellations or Itto might wait if Shenhe/Yuejin will be next.

Was this actually announced or something? Mihoyo is super tight about future banners until they're about to pop normally. We've got like five days until the next patch.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Mailer posted:

Was this actually announced or something? Mihoyo is super tight about future banners until they're about to pop normally. We've got like five days until the next patch.

They have announced the new characters in the subsequent patch right before the patch change for the last few versions.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Radical posted:

ive never cared about anything less than KFC wings drama

I mean too many people have no idea what they're even talking about with it to really care let alone call it a proper drama anyway. I just continue to not want to have all this poo poo potentially have a negative effect on a game I enjoy just because a good chunk of the people that play it are apparently dumb as loving rocks.

Mailer posted:

At least you get to know what characters are coming down the road with some degree of likelihood as to when they will appear on a banner and they give notice a couple weeks in advance with the patch stream if not the exact details of the banner down to who the 4 stars are so there's some advance notice there as well. I prefer this approach instead of having a stream literally hours before an event/banner the player base doesn't even remotely know what it is going to be goes live for seemingly no other reason than to try to catch them with their pants down and lacking in game currency for something they might really want and are at peak hype for hours before it's possible to gamble for.

It's just funny that a game that has a pretty fair pity system for it's gacha banners and doesn't try to do the old blindside approach to try to catch players with something they might really want but obviously didn't have time to adequately plan for is the one that gets the greedy label attached to it the most often. There's so many things this game does a lot more fair than most mobile gacha titles that I've seen if I'm willing to even tolerate it's presence. It just again needs to can the web event PR stuff already that just isn't doing it any good at all that I can see.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mailer posted:

We literally got mihoyo leaking their own characters since like Ayaka/Yoimiya at a very specific time frame before the next public patch. Millions of people didn't learn about Itto a month ago because of a sub reddit.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tae posted:

We literally got mihoyo leaking their own characters since like Ayaka/Yoimiya at a very specific time frame before the next public patch. Millions of people didn't learn about Itto a month ago because of a sub reddit.

The first instance I remember hearing of Itto was when they literally uploaded a teaser to him to the official twitter out of nowhere about 5 weeks ago at 6:00am EST and it got something ridiculous like 200K likes in a day or something.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

I am not that thorough! There are people w/ pictures of their 282 sigils.

I have 283. According to the stats I'm missing like 4 chests, and quite frankly I'm never going to look for them. Bye bye, ~10 ish primos.

Kale posted:

The first instance I remember hearing of Itto was when they literally uploaded a teaser to him to the official twitter out of nowhere about 5 weeks ago at 6:00am EST and it got something ridiculous like 200K likes in a day or something.

Mhy announces characters right before the beta for that version begins. It's because they know that if they wait, beta leakers are going to beat them to the punch. This way they can reveal characters on their own terms. Expect the 2.4 characters to be revealed very soon, probably before 2.3 launches.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1401841865318551556?s=20

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1416971306776530945?s=20

yeah, it started with 2.0 characters. you can see they posted this Ayaka character announcement just before 1.6 dropped in June, previously these kind of tweets were saved until their banner was about to go live. and then her actual banner announcement like a month and a half later.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
They started doing this because players from the closed beta tests were already leaking the in-testing characters anyways.
Even though mihoyo kept permabanning anyone who shared an identifiable screenshot.
So now Mihoyo gets to announce them first instead of randos on twitter

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Do not use Geo MC.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogsicle posted:

i'm just hoping they Mimi'd her design because other than having pants the original model leak was just awful

and unless they did actually go through with making her a catalyst i think her falling into a cryo niche we already have is gonna be kinda boring

Mimi'd?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Kokomi was leaked months before her release as "Mimi" with a somewhat different design. Google "Mimi Genshin" if you want to see some old leaks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I like reaction videos for stuff I've already seen. If I wanted to read normal people's opinions on Genshin where should I go?

I'm permanently biased against Reddit for hosting so much awful poo poo subreddits so if the answer was one of those well that's egg on my face. Bonus points if people have a thesaurus and don't call every single lady a waifu.

Edit: I got recommended the JP voice actors playing the game a bit and whaling for characters and those were fun. Mainly I just don't care for the loud undeserved drama in most games over the game itself and people enjoying it.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 19, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Google Gundau Mirei Genshin

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

The 4*s for Albedo/Eula are apparently Noelle/Rosaria/Bennett.

That's actually great for me. I want Albedo after missing him by one wish last year, still need one more Rosaria, and actually want Bennett constellations now that I'm set on doing my crazy Xinyan/C6Bennett/Gorou/Albedo spin2win build. Should have about 200 wishes banked for v2.3, which hopefully is enough to get all the Geo bois.

Rosaria again? I pulled six of her last time trying for Beidou constellations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Radical posted:

bennett works well with eula specifically against a boss floor and the boss doesn't move much.

yeah, this is why I'm not too heartbroken about benny c6

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

akulanization posted:

They have announced the new characters in the subsequent patch right before the patch change for the last few versions.

Huh. I... honestly haven't noticed? Like they normally tell us the 5*s in the next patch a few weeks before it hits, and in some cases tease stuff early-ish like 2.0's self-leak and Itto, but I honestly haven't thought about if they ever announced two patches ahead. I want to say they haven't but my memory isn't great.

In any case if they officially release the news that Ganyu is definitely back in 2.4 in the next five days I ain't going to argue with it. Probably with Xiao, so a whole new group of people get to hear all the biggest edgelord lines.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they have been announcing the new characters an entire patch ahead since 1.6, like you can see with the Ayaka tweets i posted but the same goes for Yoimiya and Sayu who were announced alongside her. Shogun/Kokomi/Sara were teased with 2.0, Thoma with 2.1, and then Itto/Gorou with 2.2.

this also means we won't get confirmation of any reruns until the livestreams, which you can see with the Childe/Hu Tao/Albedo banners having been educated guesses based off the events and Abyss blessings in betas rather than anything more concrete. and Eula was missed entirely since we didn't know about the new banner system...which just throws more wrenches into predictions from now on.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can't wait for the inevitable hypefest when a beta leak has an Abyss buff to Dendro DMG

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

excuse me you mean dendro plunge attack damage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only reason people suspected Eula was off one leaker who has been spot on some obscure things weeks before anything else, and later on the abyss blessing which boosted physical....and Itto aint' physical.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The first Eula leak was pretty great. People datamined the beta client and found a list of upcoming characters that was super fake. Granny Rouhin was in there, the elder of Xince village. Kevin, the strongest man in the world, was in there with his dual anemo/geo vision. Then there was a character just called Eula. It seemed like a clear jab from Mihoyo that people shouldn't be digging out this information, they signed a eula. Then it was a surprise when that character was real, they hid her in plain sight.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

gandlethorpe posted:

The 4*s for Albedo/Eula are apparently Noelle/Rosaria/Bennett.

That's actually great for me. I want Albedo after missing him by one wish last year, still need one more Rosaria, and actually want Bennett constellations now that I'm set on doing my crazy Xinyan/C6Bennett/Gorou/Albedo spin2win build. Should have about 200 wishes banked for v2.3, which hopefully is enough to get all the Geo bois.

Oh gently caress yeah I need all their constellations so I'm looking forward to trying to get Eula and hoping for a C6 Noelle in the process.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

No Wave posted:

I got there in time...

I found some extra stuff on the new island after the quest ended which bumped me over 250. There's still more stuff there I can't figure out but

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Google Gundau Mirei Genshin

Oh poo poo have people been hard at work translating more of their playthroughs? I check Hana's streams and that's about it lately.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Oh poo poo have people been hard at work translating more of their playthroughs? I check Hana's streams and that's about it lately.

https://www.youtube.com/c/HarusTranslations%E4%BB%96/videos

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I already have Albedo and Eula, and I'm not about to pull a Geo DPS when Eula achieves most of the same goals, outside of doing Geo element damage. And Gorou's a 4* so I'll get him eventually anyways.

Good time to save up primogems and maybe start a Yae fund. Unless Shenhe is amazing or we get Dendro before Yae, that is. Might also be tempted to roll for C1 Ganyu if she comes first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo!

gently caress you Youtube search, you led me to believe that no one's been translating anything new for like half a year!