Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wasabi the J posted:

Bro I'm loving crying fr rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Great snipe

:synpa:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It's works for both clips lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUlA8Hcv4s

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qf84skJ89E1ujkkfn.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConcernedCheapCicada-mobile.mp4

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Der Kyhe posted:

Its probably because they are PS2 native source repositories, so they were originally written and designed for Sony's Emotion Engine processor which was its own whole architecture.

Xboxes always been x86-stuff so porting stuff from and to them from PC is no-brainer.

oooooooooooooh this explains a lot!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/Lekonish/status/1460440548804759558?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly they're getting closer and closer to an "I've got to see this now just in case it gets patched" sale :sweatdrop:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Captain Hygiene posted:

Honestly they're getting closer and closer to an "I've got to see this now just in case it gets patched" sale :sweatdrop:

Same! And I can guess how that last one worked out, they mangled all the textures for all the games together in one big directory for up-conversion and forgot that the original game devs, 2 minutes before the publisher deadline, hacked their own engine to load the previous texture - 3 in some list if it had an underscore at file name character 5, because game programming be like that.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
It's using a face texture as a reflection map.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I choose to believe that it's the tortured souls of the workers who died building that harbour. Deep lore.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Der Kyhe posted:

Its probably because they are PS2 native source repositories, so they were originally written and designed for Sony's Emotion Engine processor which was its own whole architecture.

Xboxes always been x86-stuff so porting stuff from and to them from PC is no-brainer.

These Definitive Edition (lol) ports are based on the Android/iOS ports that the same group already did, which didn't have uh, literally any of these issues. They weren't great ports (especially compared to re3/vc) but they weren't this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

So they had to go the extra mile to put ghosts in the game?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Casnorf posted:

It's using a face texture as a reflection map.

I think I've seen similar problems from overheating graphics cards, so they might have hosed something up really bad here.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
What really blows my mind about this is that the original games were very well coded. There were a few bugs at launch but mostly they were quite stable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like one of the mip levels is wrong, though I couldn’t guess how that happened

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

haveblue posted:

Looks like one of the mip levels is wrong, though I couldn’t guess how that happened

Because everything else is wrong? I'm half surprised CJ isn't bugged into being white.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Brandfarlig posted:

Because everything else is wrong? I'm half surprised CJ isn't bugged into being white.

Now I know full well what you meant but the PC version DOES have a long-standing bug with sky rendering...

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxNOhyoJ03I

https://twitter.com/EpicRive/status/1459257129647362055?s=20

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

"Yo boat, get me outta this wack rear end concrete prison."

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

My theory: one of the mipmap levels kind of looked like a face to the AI upscaling that they turned loose on all the textures, so something the AI said "aha, this blurry face should be a nice sharp face" and then applied the "create sharp face" filter to a concrete pattern, and voila.

Since you need to be 20-30 feet away from the texture out in the water, it probably slipped through their rigorous QA process.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Devor posted:

My theory: one of the mipmap levels kind of looked like a face to the AI upscaling that they turned loose on all the textures, so something the AI said "aha, this blurry face should be a nice sharp face" and then applied the "create sharp face" filter to a concrete pattern, and voila.

Since you need to be 20-30 feet away from the texture out in the water, it probably slipped through their rigorous QA process.

Customers found the bug fairly quickly. The Game Industry QA process working as intended.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Devor posted:

This, yeah -- for some reason I thought there was an angle component, but this is much more likely. Near the end of the clip you can even see where the face's goatee lines up with some texture in the concrete.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

This game is getting better and better with each video I see

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Strong ‘Love Is’ energy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This game is getting better and better with each video I see

it's great, I hope they never fix any of it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Dead Space 3 has an equippable weapon mod called the 'Full Zoom Scope' which applies this overlay to your screen when you aim. Player 2 Isaac is in the center but on the left edge there you can see Carver, because the developers forgot to make your player invisible while you're in the zoom. All that happens is the FOV gets more narrow, so it's like your dude is zooming in your own third person camera.

I have no idea why they did this
that reminds me of another thing which I can't remember if I posted

Look at it! I've no idea if they changed it since release but this is how Remnant: From the Ashes did scopes and it's the most bizarre thing I have seen in an FPS game. The whole game felt very low effort to me but this was probably the funniest thing I encountered. I mean look at it!

Der Kyhe posted:

weirdly enough (and I know this has already been mentioned) it seems to be based on a port of a port so I can only assume there are layers of jank at work to get it to this state. I am extremely curious at what exactly they did/what tools they used for the "upscaling" of models and such though because it's such a beautiful mess.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1461017870683488262

:thunk:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No way is that a bug just related to tongues look at the eyes. There was some deliberate animation done to make that happen.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The tongue is clipping through the jaw though, intentionally or not.

You can get a lot of tween frames to look wonky, too.

I have not seen anything but the two stills in the tweet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

You can get a lot of tween frames to look wonky, too.

Sure, if you want to get put on some watchlist

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There's also the fact it only happens to the female models

So, yeah. It's an obviously bullshit excuse lmao just look at it

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

You could load that picture into MSPaint, paint over the graphical error with the tongue clipping through the chin, and then show that picture to anybody and ask what reaction it was supposed to convey, and the only people who would say "that looks like they're getting hit" are into BDSM

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I have now referenced 485 results for "Harry Potter ahegao" and can say authoritatively it is NOT appropriate for children.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Wasabi the J posted:

I have now referenced 485 results for "Harry Potter ahegao" and can say authoritatively it is NOT appropriate for children.

It's Ahegao, not Ahegao

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Devor posted:

It's Ahegao, not Ahegao
I say aheego, you say ahahgo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let's pull the whole thing off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
japanigasm

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sure, if you want to get put on some watchlist

:golfclap:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ah yes, I too enjoy *looks at AI-upscaled writing on hand*

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

What, you haven't ever played Jurhpol? Its very covfefe game of luck.

Actually with the name Jurhpol it sound like it was invented by one-handed viking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
At least they got the 69 right on the jurhpol machine. Unless that also was originally a 7 like you'd expect.