Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s insanely easy compared to any souls game once you’ve figured out the mechanics. I died a few times early on and then basically never in the last couple of dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I really couldn't get into the timing of the shell mechanic and died a LOT. never got beyond the first area.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Bit of a long shot, but did anyone else here pick up the GTA collection?

I'm trying to access the docks at the beginning of Vice City to get a boat (to start collecting hidden packages), but I'm hitting an invisible wall.

It's been years since I played it so can't remember if I'm supposed to be able to get onto the docks this early or not.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just that the gate to the dock hasn't rendered or some poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ymgve posted:

I really couldn't get into the timing of the shell mechanic and died a LOT. never got beyond the first area.

This

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As someone that loves FROM games, I got lost on Mortal Shell and couldn't get into the shell mechanics, then I got distracted by other games. I really want to come back to it because I love the aesthetics.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition will be $20 one day and on that day I will play Mortal Shell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s on Gamepass soon if you have PC

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alright, Mortal Shell, bookmarked for "when it's on sale"

e although right now it's only thirty bucks...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm gonna start cracking into all these PS4 & 5 games since I'm not getting a PS5 for 4 years.

How are the suits in Miles Morales compared to the first?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way to have games install from the disc while I’m doing something else? I turn off the screen and the PS4 goes to sleep and stops installing the game. Or when I switch inputs to watch something, the PS4 goes to sleep or rest. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

obi_ant posted:

Is there a way to have games install from the disc while I’m doing something else? I turn off the screen and the PS4 goes to sleep and stops installing the game. Or when I switch inputs to watch something, the PS4 goes to sleep or rest. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

turn off the HDMI-CEC setting yo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

obi_ant posted:

Turn CEC off to stop the PS4 from sleeping when you change inputs, at least

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just turned off HDMI Device Link and HDCP. Will try when I’m installing another game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

obi_ant posted:

Just turned off HDMI Device Link and HDCP. Will try when I’m installing another game.

HDCP is just required DRM for streaming content, it wont affect your background ambitions

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought it could install in rest mode? There might be a setting in there somewhere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

I thought it could install in rest mode? There might be a setting in there somewhere

You can from a download, but restmode shuts off the BD-ROM so you can't from a disc.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

You can from a download, but restmode shuts off the BD-ROM so you can't from a disc.

I’ve had a PS4 since 2015 and still make this mistake in 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ve had a PS4 since 2015 and still make this mistake in 2021

It's the worst with something that uses an entire loving disc (or more) and you just hear it rattlin' around for like an hour goddamn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's the worst with something that uses an entire loving disc (or more) and you just hear it rattlin' around for like an hour goddamn

The RDR2 install took me like 4 hours cos I put the machine into sleep at one point :negative:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The RDR2 install took me like 4 hours cos I put the machine into sleep at one point :negative:

That was me with FF7R except I also went into sleep mode

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Any good indie games I should pick up in this latest sale?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Arkham City is $4.99, hardly an indie game but anyone who hasn't played should immediately

e oh drat and Shadow of Mordor is $4.99 too, and Shadow of War is $11.99

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Shadow of Mordor for a practically mandatory at $5, id skip Shadow of War and I say that as a massive fan of SoM.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Shadow of Mordor for a practically mandatory at $5, id skip Shadow of War and I say that as a massive fan of SoM.

Same

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I got tipsy last night and Googled 'Bloodborne on PC', which led me to the discovery of PS Now. Within 15 minutes of searching I was streaming Bloodborne and playing with my USB Xbox controller- fucken stellar!

The game seems to be running very smoothly and I have no real complaints, but I feel like there's still got to be a way to mitigate the ~1ms latency... my PC is connected to my modem, which I think I am renting from Spectrum. What do I do to improve my Gamer Experience?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buy a PS4

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Anyone have experience with Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse? Looks like something fun to do in co-op, wanted to see if it was just mindless and rote, or if it had some charm to its gameplay.

Edit: It's also like $7 CAD atm.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I did! I got a great deal on a PS4 Pro and some games. Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Last of Us Remastered, Spider-Man and God of War. I picked up FF7 Remake because it was only $25. Looking at Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal and maybe Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm objectively bad at any games that require me to aim, so maybe Death Stranding too.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Good! It’s a very basic Souls-like with one or two cool ideas in it. The harden mechanic is very fun, you can basically turn into a rock during combat but you can combine this with your attacks in different ways, it’s probably the best idea in the game.

The dungeons are fun, although the opening area is super confusing.

Get it on sale or if it goes on PS+ / Now though. It’s super short. I liked it.

Dont be like me and miss the main hub for the first like 3 hours. Just look up how to get there!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
So I'm almost done with Atelier Ryza, and had been planning on making my next game Tales Of Arise

but Assassin's Creed Valhalla is on sale apparently. These are both franchises I have played many times and enjoy. Which one should be next out of those two?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Takes of Arise. Imo it's a better game, but also it's shorter so if you finish it then still want AC:V, then it won't be a hundred hours later

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm gonna start cracking into all these PS4 & 5 games since I'm not getting a PS5 for 4 years.

How are the suits in Miles Morales compared to the first?

I ask this and the game goes on sale for 30$ the next day so I guess I'll found out for myself!

loquacius posted:

So I'm almost done with Atelier Ryza, and had been planning on making my next game Tales Of Arise

but Assassin's Creed Valhalla is on sale apparently. These are both franchises I have played many times and enjoy. Which one should be next out of those two?

I hear that Valhalla is pretty buggy in weird ways and hides a lot of mechanics behind the upgrade system for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

loquacius posted:

Arise is better than Valhalla but Odyssey is better than both.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Got it, thanks guys :tipshat:

Sakurazuka posted:

Arise is better than Valhalla but Odyssey is better than both.

I wouldn't doubt that because it owns; I've already played it though

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Would this be the right place to ask about networking issues with the PS4 Pro and Erros? I did some Googling and it seems to be a well known problem a year ago where people are having issues connecting their PS4 Pro and having a stable connection. Didn't seem like anyone had a real solution aside from hardwire the thing.

I followed the instructions noted on here, but after a bit of time it gets all choppy. https://community.eero.com/t/x2hyk08?r=m1h89wt

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 22, 2021

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think I would really like A Short Hike more if the save function worked, because I don't know why it is so dn. glitchy. gotta try to do everything without backing out.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
There are good Black Friday deals in the Netherlands for It Takes Two (20 euros), Sackboy Big Adventure PS5 (28 euros) and Biomutant (20 euros). Any of those I should not go near?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sioux posted:

There are good Black Friday deals in the Netherlands for It Takes Two (20 euros), Sackboy Big Adventure PS5 (28 euros) and Biomutant (20 euros). Any of those I should not go near?

Biomutant is kinda ehhh

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sioux posted:

people were making fun of Biomutant for being very bland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My gf and I are a few hours into It Takes Two and we're having fun with it. The characters are sometimes a little grating but the gameplay is solid platformer faire with some creative levels and two-player gameplay.