Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Kalko posted:

Oh, good, they're actually releasing more spoilers. I assumed they'd do that dumb thing where they announce the expansion and then don't show anything for two weeks.

The mercenaries release screwed up their release schedule. It's why we got all the mini-set reveals in a weekend and two solo campaigns a week apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1461381670867812360

unless Drek'thar is the nuts in aggro druid, matriarch looks incredibly strong for that deck, especially since you can summon two for 0 mana with oracle lol

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

madness, thank god they nerfed garrote

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is that hero some kind of a quest payoff? You can just put that card into your deck? Am I crazy in thinking its literally the best card I've ever seen?

Glad it gives 5 armor btw. it would be way too slow otherwise.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 18, 2021

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I want to know what happens if the player's hand is full or partially full and can't take all the minions back. Is it random which minion comes back then?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Firebert posted:

Can't wait for a rogue to get a copy of Coldarra Drake on board with this

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the hp isnt very good btw, but the battlecry is so incredibly broken I don't know what to say.

Mayveena posted:

I want to know what happens if the player's hand is full or partially full and can't take all the minions back. Is it random which minion comes back then?
Same thing as vanish, it bounces in play order and any that can't fit get obliterated.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

No Wave posted:

Same thing as vanish, it bounces in play order and any that can't fit get obliterated.

Thanks

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mayveena posted:

It's the order they were played, if it works like everything else in this game, so first in first back.

efb!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

No Wave posted:

Is that hero some kind of a quest payoff? You can just put that card into your deck? Am I crazy in thinking its literally the best card I've ever seen?

Glad it gives 5 armor btw. it would be way too slow otherwise.

Hope you didn't like having a board for two turns!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

This will be definitely be part of some degenerate combo. Rogue hero is a good counter though

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

RatHat posted:

This will be definitely be part of some degenerate combo. Rogue hero is a good counter though

first one I could think of is play quest warlock, use the 4 mana 5/7 with the "deal 5 damage to your hero" deathrattle, then use this after you complete your quest and play Tamsin

I couldn't think of any other deathrattles in standard that would fit in with what Warlock likes to do going forward

**it's probably too awkward to use in that way, the insane warlock draw works better to just draw out your deck and stack the damage more reliably

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Warlock Hero

Seems pretty good, if a bit boring. It’s basically just a better Warlock hero power.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Starsfan posted:

first one I could think of is play quest warlock, use the 4 mana 5/7 with the "deal 5 damage to your hero" deathrattle, then use this after you complete your quest and play Tamsin

I couldn't think of any other deathrattles in standard that would fit in with what Warlock likes to do going forward

**it's probably too awkward to use in that way, the insane warlock draw works better to just draw out your deck and stack the damage more reliably

This would also fail horribly to any AoE clear, since the warlock wouldn't be protected from the deathrattle damage if it's not their turn.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

Warlock Hero

Seems pretty good, if a bit boring. It’s basically just a better Warlock hero power.
Board clear, draw cards, gain armor, remove downside from hero power? Yep, average hero card.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Gully Foyle posted:

This would also fail horribly to any AoE clear, since the warlock wouldn't be protected from the deathrattle damage if it's not their turn.

lol right you are

Does Warlock use any other notable deathrattles these days? Ebonlocke is rotating out for the Zoo warlock players..

maybe it's more of a Wild card, unless the support is coming in the expansion..

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RatHat posted:

Warlock Hero

I wish the battlecry did literally anything else so this was playable in zoo...

...because it would be very good in Zoo if it didn't Hellfire your board. And it's terrible in quest warlock since you cant take dmg from hero power anymore lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Firebert posted:

Yeah, 7 mana, cast Vanish (6 mana value), summon two stealthed 4/2s (6 mana value using Jungle Panthers as stand-ins), and gain five armor (1 mana value using Iron Hide as a stand-in).

Then a zero-cost hero power that reduces the next card played by two mana.

There's no way that HP doesn't get tweaked to be the next card *drawn* gets reduced by two mana. They should've given him Dr. Boom's rotating HP with three other random/rotating options.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 19, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsfan posted:

lol right you are

Does Warlock use any other notable deathrattles these days? Ebonlocke is rotating out for the Zoo warlock players..

maybe it's more of a Wild card, unless the support is coming in the expansion..

If zoo was good the Kabal Outfitter one could be good. I don't see it though.

There's also Ring Matron/Enhanced Dreadlord/Envoy Rustwick which are theoretically good but would never work. Elwynn Warlock dream? :v:

e: Best is probably just Nerubian egg or something for zoo like poor man's soul of the forest.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, 7 mana, cast Vanish (6 mana value), summon two stealthed 4/2s (6 mana value using Jungle Panthers as stand-ins), and gain five armor (1 mana value using Iron Hide as a stand-in).

Then a zero-cost hero power that reduces the next card played by two mana.

There's no way that HP doesn't get tweaked to be the next card *drawn* gets reduced by two mana. They should've given him Dr. Boom's rotating HP with three other random/rotating options.

The monkey's paw curls, and they're even better :v:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 19, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
it's gonna be a real spicy expansion, that's for sure. goddamn that's some real power creep. i need to get better at rogue, asap.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

RatHat posted:

This card is vicious. Even something simple like a leper gnome deathrattle on a full board would be spicy. Suspect it'll find it's home very comfortably in aggro decks.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
To me the Rogue hero seems too slow even with the broken effects, I guess we will see :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pretty much an auto include in any Paladin deck right now

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

Warlock Hero

This is something I wish we had when RoS Rafaam was still legal. That was a fun deck :allears:

Also I'm not getting the flavour here? The Lich hero with a "Chains of the Dead" hero power summons, Fel Dread Imps? Oooh Dread not Dead :downs:

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Oenis posted:

https://twitter.com/wiRerHS/status/1460678906483249159

this is pretty good/horrible

edit:

### Dreck
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Drek'Thar
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 2x (7) Elekk Mount
# 2x (8) Power Word: Fortitude
#
AAECAZ/HAgKvugO7igQOk7oDlroDm7oDp8sD184DtNED4t4D+98DyuED++MDmOsDoPcDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I don't think this is top tier but it is fun to play, has lots of decision making and leads to some funny games.

Had my most satisfying win in a long time today, vs a druid who roped every single turn for some reason (hatred of priest maybe).

They quit in the end after I copied, apotheosis'ed and duplicated their Greybough, then silenced it. I made sure to emote 'thanks' when they started trying to clear it and I got a full health reload.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

RatHat posted:

Pretty much an auto include in any Paladin deck right now

Lmao is this a The Wheel of Time reference? The show drops today.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Looks like drops are live for MT Undercity. AnacondaHL, if you're in this one I wish you luck!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm curious to see what comes from a Birthing Pod-light, HS edition.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok one of the bosses in the Scabbs Book of Mercenaries is pretty clever: It's Bob, and he plays Battlegrounds minions.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Scabbs book was okay. The Cariel one is garbage.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm curious to see what comes from a Birthing Pod-light, HS edition.

A few choice highlights in standard include:
* a 5/5 with rush
* a 3/6 legendary that turns the cheap stuff you play from hand into 4/4s, there might be some synergy there, I dunno. Probably jank.
* a 5/10 taunt (is this warlocks version of oaken summons?)
* a 5/7 with the 5 damage to yourself deathrattle to enable the janky phylactery/demon seed combo?

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 19, 2021

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Amoeba102 posted:

Scabbs book was okay. The Cariel one is garbage.

I got through that one so fast I can't even remember any of the battles.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It took me three attempts to get past the first Cariel match because her deck is so bad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fanny packrat posted:

Looks like drops are live for MT Undercity. AnacondaHL, if you're in this one I wish you luck!

nop winrate was too low so didn't qualify, but thank you anyways :shobon:

Emandesunu
May 28, 2013

Oenis posted:

A few choice highlights in standard include:
* a 5/5 with rush
* a 3/6 legendary that turns the cheap stuff you play from hand into 4/4s, there might be some synergy there, I dunno. Probably jank.
* a 5/10 taunt (is this warlocks version of oaken summons?)
* a 5/7 with the 5 damage to yourself deathrattle to enable the janky phylactery/demon seed combo?

Even just nerub egg seems strong.

But definitely love this kind of card

Mana cost for summons like the walls on city architect is what I'll be looking into

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

I got through that one so fast I can't even remember any of the battles.

I went 0-2 against the drat murloc building impossible to deal with boards.. He gets a perfect murloc buff deck, you get a crappy combination of field contact rogue and quest rogue (without the quest) along with some low tempo legendary hero cards lol

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

nop winrate was too low so didn't qualify, but thank you anyways :shobon:

I hope you will keep at it for next season!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Starsfan posted:

I went 0-2 against the drat murloc building impossible to deal with boards.. He gets a perfect murloc buff deck, you get a crappy combination of field contact rogue and quest rogue (without the quest) along with some low tempo legendary hero cards lol

I actually do remember that one now kicking my rear end the first couple times. Think on the third try I got through it, and the rest of the matches are a blur.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Why do I really think I want an epic (or legendary) spell or minion that force-reverts an opponent back to the basic character/hero they started the game as? =/

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Just a warning in case anyone plays duels. The dragonblood treasure literally doesn't work anymore. It doesn't trigger. Bug seems to have been reported more than a few times.

Real amateur stuff from blizzard. I mean seriously. I really enjoyed my 0-3 run with a priest dragon deck