Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Those pixel lands are phenomenal. Hope there's some way to get them on Arena eventually without springing for the Secret Lair.

No secret lair has ever come with a code for card styles of the cards in Secret Lairs, just sleeves.

The only Secret Lair cards that are on Arena themselves (I believe) are the Godzilla lands, which were a reward for buying into the first Arena Open Day 1 qualifier tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The phyrexian Praetors came with card styles. Still had to craft the cards to use them tho.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

30 loving dollars for 1 of each basic land?? :barf:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Forest Dracula is incredibly funny.

Wait a second…

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
How competitive is the commander deck? Wonder I if they will try a modern version of this is it sells well.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

neaden posted:

How competitive is the commander deck?

Total and complete dogshit. Worse than the average commander precon.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

GonSmithe posted:

No secret lair has ever come with a code for card styles of the cards in Secret Lairs, just sleeves.

The only Secret Lair cards that are on Arena themselves (I believe) are the Godzilla lands, which were a reward for buying into the first Arena Open Day 1 qualifier tournament.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The phyrexian Praetors came with card styles. Still had to craft the cards to use them tho.

The 4x thalia variants are also on arena with the sleeve.

e - the bob ross lands are on arena as well.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 19, 2021

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

London looks more swamp-like then dracula's castle laundry room.
Also, why is red dracula the one with the monocle?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jiro posted:

You must be new.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
There are some solid reprints in the commander deck. The deck itself though, ehhhh.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mat Cauthon posted:

Those pixel lands are phenomenal. Hope there's some way to get them on Arena eventually without springing for the Secret Lair.

I dunno, they look kinda SCUMMy to me...

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Jiro posted:

You probably only need like ten of each so that’s only a cool $300!!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

I dunno, they look kinda SCUMMy to me...

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

boo

boo this person

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grrulbrush Threepwood, Mighty Planeswalker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Now I want a LOOM drop

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

speaking of secret lair.... i finally got my secret lairs today that i ordered in july. i didn't remember what i ordered but apparently i bought two of each. those cheapos though only gave me one AFR set booster instead of 2. pulled a ranger class out of one so that's paid like 1% of this thing i bought.

have to do stuff but i'm guessing i'm opening at least the praetors set. BACKWARDS SEER CARD HERE I COME

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

the Fblthp cards are pretty cool and i hope the extra in that box is the sixth card for the top left corner because if they don't do that its just a big blank space...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The pixel lands would look so much better without the x buttons in the corner imo

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

ghostvamp-ride the whip

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

the SLD for the commander deck has a coin for you to flip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfX5s6syTBI

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mandatory lesbian posted:

The pixel lands would look so much better without the x buttons in the corner imo

They make them a WHOLE lot easier to play against.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Strong Sauce posted:

That coin is so big an unwieldy that the guy being paid to advertise it can't even flip it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

You know, I have a few of these on hand already.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

this coin looks like a legit piece of poo poo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It looks like the pokemon coins of old.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Where is that MSCHF secret lair at? I really wanted that one and I've seen a few people on TikTok opening it. Was it just a really limited release to certain people or something? :smith:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Framboise posted:

Where is that MSCHF secret lair at? I really wanted that one and I've seen a few people on TikTok opening it. Was it just a really limited release to certain people or something? :smith:

https://twitter.com/Zabracus/status/1461003523592622083

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Weird that it's not dropping with the rest of the things. Ah well.

Nov 20 is Saturday, though...

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Turns out T4 necroduality into T5 headless rider + skull skab makes a lot of zombo tokens.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Turns out T4 necroduality into T5 headless rider + skull skab makes a lot of zombo tokens.

Up to 8, even!

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
They picked terrible cards for the crocodile Jackson collab

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HootTheOwl posted:

Up to 8, even!

I don't see how you'd ever get 8 out of this.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Cast Necroduality.

Cast Headless Rider. It duplicates
Cast Skull Skaab, It duplicates.

Exploit non-token Headless Rider. It dies, 2 Headless Rider's ability creates 2 2/2 Zombies each (4), Both Skull Skaabs see the Exploit, creates 2 2/2 zombies each (4)
Exploit non-token Skull Skaab. The Headless Rider sees it, creates 2 2/2 zombies. Both Skull Skaab's see the exploit, creates 2 2/2 zombies each (4)

So in the end you have the token Skull Skaab, token Headless Rider, and 14 2/2 token Zombies(?)

Edit: Hmm, does this all technically happen at the same time or does the saccing of the Headless Rider trigger first? Seems like both Exploits go onto the stack, the first one I have it resolve to the non-token Headless Rider and I get the subsequent tokens, and then after it's dead I sacc the Skull Skaab so there would be one less Headless Rider that triggers, right?

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 19, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

neaden posted:

How competitive is the commander deck?

It's among the worst precons ever made as-is, but I feel like it's easier to upgrade to something good than many of them are, and it comes with some solid reprints and staples.

That said, lmao at that price tag.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toshimo posted:

I don't see how you'd ever get 8 out of this.

Strong Sauce posted:

Cast Necroduality.

Cast Headless Rider. It duplicates
Cast Skull Skaab, It duplicates.

Exploit non-token Headless Rider. It dies, 2 Headless Rider's ability creates 2 2/2 Zombies each (4), Both Skull Skaabs see the Exploit, creates 2 2/2 zombies each (4)
Exploit non-token Skull Skaab. The Headless Rider sees it, creates 2 2/2 zombies. Both Skull Skaab's see the exploit, creates 2 2/2 zombies each (4)

So in the end you have the token Skull Skaab, token Headless Rider, and 14 2/2 token Zombies(?)

Edit: Hmm, does this all technically happen at the same time or does the saccing of the Headless Rider trigger first? Seems like both Exploits go onto the stack, the first one I have it resolve to the non-token Headless Rider and I get the subsequent tokens, and then after it's dead I sacc the Skull Skaab so there would be one less Headless Rider that triggers, right?

Headless rider ETB, as a nontoken zombie Necroduality makes 1 Headless Rider Token (1 token)
Skull Skaab ETB, as a nontoken zombie Necroduality triggers, Skull Skab Exploit Triggers.
Necroduality resolves, making one Skull Skaab Token, it's exploit triggers. (2 Tokens)
The token's exploit resolves, which sacrifices any non-token zombie that isn't headless rider.
The tokens on exploit trigger triggers. Each Headless rider triggers. They resolve, making 3 2/2 token zombies (5 Tokens)
The original Skull Saab Exploit trigger resolves, sacrificing any non-token zombie.
This triggers itself, and the two headless riders, again making a total of 3 2/2 zombie tokens. (8 tokens)
You now have 8 token zombies.
2 from Necroduality
1 from each Skull Skaab.
2 from each Headless Rider

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 19, 2021

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The art on that commander secret lair is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

born on a buy you posted:

They picked terrible cards for the crocodile Jackson collab

Yeah. It’s really disappointing when they have a cool idea and then ruin any desire to buy it by making all the cards draft chaff.