Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mebh posted:

I just don't get it. Out of nowhere he just decided to fill her inbox with self pitying garbage and when she politely declined and said she had a partner and a kid thanks but no... Kept loving going.

The gently caress posesses people to think that's OK and that they won't get caught and instantly turbo hosed? Especially the week where everyone is incredibly angry and upset that someone we trusted turned out to be a monster.
You work in video james right? You'd think also that they would be able to see the atmosphere in the industry with the Blizzard / Activision / Ubisoft stuff and think now is a particularly sensitive time to be trying this poo poo (not that there's ever an acceptable time of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the other hand, when have Gamers ever been good at making sensible decisions?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Mebh posted:

One of our few competent producers on the team I was helping out on turned out to be a nonce the week before last. He was very much fired instantly but that was a 'joyful' experience of handing his laptop over to the police and trying to resist the urge to burn everything. Especially when half my meetings are booked by him and his face keeps popping up in outlook. Gah.

Then... loving then... This week a guy who got promoted just this year that we were really happy with and everyone said was a "sound dude" decided to sexually harass the new producer who was helping us fill the shortfall.

loving hell.

I just don't get it. Out of nowhere he just decided to fill her inbox with self pitying garbage and when she politely declined and said she had a partner and a kid thanks but no... Kept loving going.

The gently caress posesses people to think that's OK and that they won't get caught and instantly turbo hosed? Especially the week where everyone is incredibly angry and upset that someone we trusted turned out to be a monster.

What OwlFancier said about : IF(brain="broke",??,???), but also there's a decent chance that they've done this before in their life and if there weren't negative consequences to the "sound dude", then I guess there's no reason he wouldn't do it again.
It's why everyone should be encouraged to raise concerns, and why there should probably be a legal duty for managers to escalate these concerns. Because if people aren't held to account, they'll just do that poo poo again and again.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DollyResist/status/1461585313327898625

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

in the moment there is only Posting and Being Horny.

That's why you get a forums account

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Honestly I imagine the BBC top brass must think they dodged a bullet when Nadine was put in charge. She’s so loving thick she could barely operate a TV remote control so I imagine she’s easier to handle than that gimlet eyed little prick that was the previous minister, or indeed any Tory with the ability to walk and breathe at the same time.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Spangly A posted:

The dwp exists to drive you to suicide and if you have to deal with them, it is massively helpful to set up a buddy or community system. I spam out the needed SARs and requests for support letters from templates, draft whatever claims for my disabled family members and a few friends, and my social worker mate drafts mine.

This way, you don't have to do the the worst case/worst day/most soul crushing effect on X category routine for 6 hours about yourself, you just review the work so you can sign off on it. Then when I'm done I want to kill fascist jobsworths, instead of myself.

This is a really good idea. Also a reminder that whenever you're dealing with the DWP, take copies of everything you send them, even if it's just a phone camera photo.
For anyone having issues with the DWP (which is anyone having anything to do with the DWP) I'd also strongly recommend contacting your MP about your case. If nothing else, they'll open a case file for you and you can send them copies of your paperwork which you (and they) can use as evidence that the problem is at the DWP's end, not your non-engagement. There's not a huge amount MP's staff can directly do to affect case outcomes, but they can press for updates and information and will almost certainly always receive replies from the DWP quicker than you do. It also helps to have an official link to make sure your case and evidence don't get "lost"

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

learnincurve posted:

I think that’s one of the killer ones you are supposed to squash isn’t it? Like they eat other Ladybugs and not greenfly?

It's a Harlequin ladybird, which is an invasive species in the UK but squashing one would be like trying to put out a firestorm by pissing on it. Dunno if they eat the other ladybirds, but they definately eat all their food. Much more varied patterns than other ladybirds, so you wind up with real weirdos like poppy beetle there.

As a slightly toxic nuisance that reach absurd numbers this time of year, they are the perfect mascot for poppy mania.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Wonder what the ‘support Labour no matter what’ lot think of this

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1461614700265885698?s=21

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Starmer is so paralysed by having to think "Is this what would make them like me?" before doing anything that he's totally incapable of independent thought when asked such. There are scores of more evil and more incompetent politicians, but he may well be the most pathetic.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Noxville posted:

What missed opportunity for a dunk, "anyone would be better than Boris Johnson, the alpaca would've been a better pm".

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
When someone asks you if X would be a better PM than someone who literally let 100k die of a preventable disease in a year you say "Yes".

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Noxville posted:

That is absolutely loving pathetic, even for him

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Noxville posted:

I doubt they will think about it much at all, or anything else

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Noxville posted:

Unsurprisingly most of the replies are people upset that he was even asked such a frivolous and unfair question in the first place.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

keep punching joe posted:

What missed opportunity for a dunk, "anyone would be better than Boris Johnson, the alpaca would've been a better pm".

Lol exactly, it's most obvious loving answer in the world but presumably Kieth was too pissed to think of it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

stev posted:

Unsurprisingly most of the replies are people upset that he was even asked such a frivolous and unfair question in the first place.
The press would never ask a Labour leader a stupid and frivolous question about nationalising sausages.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nationalised sausages would absolutely be better as PM than Johnson.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/pritipatel/status/1461649424275419138

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Noxville posted:

"Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

"Five times man?"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I reckon they're eventually going to find a way to put Corbyn in jail. If the Tories don't do it Starmer will. He must be punished for existing.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

something something weapons of mass destruction

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

So I guess this not only formalises the ‘supporting Palestine is inherently antisemitic’ trope, but criminalises it as being in support of acts of terror? Some people are going to end up in court on really hosed up charges aren’t they

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Doesn't that mean Israel are providing material support to a proscribed organisation

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Not a big fan of losing the ability to print as much money as we like tbh.

Yeah, speaking as someone who in the 90s thought we should join the Euro? No, ta. *points at Greece*

Yes I know we're bigger than them but turns out having someone else run your money is a bad idea.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Doesn't that mean Israel are providing material support to a proscribed organisation

Crimes are good when Israel do them.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

Starmer's a coward, but the question was very clearly framed as "but you can't seriously be suggesting that Boris Johnson is a worse prime minister than inhuman monster Jeremy Corbyn would be, surely?!"

https://twitter.com/D_Raval/status/1461619770848120836

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Any reply to that question suggesting that Corbyn would have won would have had a follow up gotcha about why Labour kicked Corbyn out and not reinstated his whip.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The bit that is messed up is that Starmer was in Corbyns shadow cabinet.

If he thought he would be worse than the Tory PM of the time what the gently caress was he doing there.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What he was supposed to do: make Labour pro-Remain no matter what.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Guy took an opportunity to become leader of a party he wasn't leading before. Fishing for ideological or moral consistencies in largely self interested waters is madness.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Dorries is getting a profile on BBC news right now that is just straight up state propaganda. I know that's not anything new, but sometimes you just have to lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Nadine Dorries to be next PM. Laugh if you must, but I've thought long and hard, and it's the only choice for this hell timeline.

Leadsome as home sec.

Mogg as deputy PM.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Honestly I don't see wtf I was just watching unless she's trying to make it happen

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Grayling as chancellor :shepface:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Major packaging manufacturer AMP to open factory in N.I. costing £149 million, making packaging for Ireland & rest of E.U..

A Brexit Benefit!! :homebrew: :confused:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other BBC news Andrew Marr has jumped ship for LBC

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Or was pushed to make way for Brillo to do it

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

feedmegin posted:

Yeah, speaking as someone who in the 90s thought we should join the Euro? No, ta. *points at Greece*

Yes I know we're bigger than them but turns out having someone else run your money is a bad idea.

Isn't the E.U bank essentially run by France and Germany, the two biggest economies? I'd imagine a UK with the Euro as the currency would have similar levels of pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Dorries is getting a profile on BBC news right now that is just straight up state propaganda. I know that's not anything new, but sometimes you just have to lol
Disgraceful of the wokeflakes to politicize these political statements I made in my role as a politician.