Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I did too one free fly and now I don't wanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Free fly isn’t free :patriot:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lobsterminator posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

How can the brainwashing be so deep. They come up with any explanation except that there are bugs.

Even in WWII subs the torpedoes were often duds but they didn't spontaneously explode in the tubes.

america's infamous mark 14 torpedo was pretty loving buggy though, and had the annoying tendarncy to make a large circular course and come back to the submarine that fired it like a boomerang. RIP to the USS Tullibee.

that's where the phrase "torpedos running hot, straight, and normal!" in old-timey submarine movies comes from. the sonarman is confirming it's not a rogue torpedo.
truly the star citizen of weaponry.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Play posted:

My computer can play just about any game at max settings but no loving way am I gonna subject it to that

Same. I just did a clean install of Windows a couple months ago and am not willing to do it again for this dumpster fire.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

sebmojo posted:

Someone please do free play and document the procedure

House Atreides accepts. I'm sure we'll hear back from them soon.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

sebmojo posted:

I did it a while back and keep getting this fullbody shudder at the thought of doing it again, please let this cup pass from me

I've played enough of this goddamn game that I've earned the right to never play it again lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Trillhouse posted:

america's infamous mark 14 torpedo was pretty loving buggy though, and had the annoying tendarncy to make a large circular course and come back to the submarine that fired it like a boomerang. RIP to the USS Tullibee.

that's where the phrase "torpedos running hot, straight, and normal!" in old-timey submarine movies comes from. the sonarman is confirming it's not a rogue torpedo.

Star citizen simulates factory defects, design failings and the complicated, agonisingly bureaucratic process of getting them addressed in a complex political environment

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Regrettable posted:

Same. I just did a clean install of Windows a couple months ago and am not willing to do it again for this dumpster fire.

No you just need to disable Windows authentication, coward, don't you want to join the 'verse?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

sebmojo posted:

Someone please do free play and document the procedure

Nope nope nope

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I will give a free av, designed by the thread, for an effort vid (or screenshot lp, idc) of someone endeavoring to have fun during the freeplay. I'm hungry for this, someone pick up that cursed glove

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Trillhouse posted:

The torpedo still inherited the velocity of the ship when fired.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DigitalPenny posted:

The torpedo still inherited the velocity of the ship when fired.

It's almost as if faking a flight model and making it depend on backwards-calculated maximum speeds (in space) rather than forces and acceleration is… ill-advised.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

The brain worms were promised an endless feast on big brained CTO's , code whispers, software engineers and the other big thinkers of the age. Instead the citizenry offered only famine and despair.

Spectrum is surrounded by ocean of dead Brian worms that all straved to death.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I've played enough of this goddamn game that I've earned the right to never play it again lol

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

This missile bug is the same thing that happened on that xcom lp that went into the series' ill fated space fighter spinoff

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

sebmojo posted:

I will give a free av, designed by the thread, for an effort vid (or screenshot lp, idc) of someone endeavoring to have fun during the freeplay. I'm hungry for this, someone pick up that cursed glove

gently caress i'll give it another whirl

but when is the free fly ?

I click 'play now' on the website and it just wants you to buy a starter pack

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

That is the game.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Gravity_Storm posted:

That is the game.

well i tried to record a funny video of clicking on their website, and its all just so bland and every screen is just 'pledge now for THIS!' ... its utterly boring and a complete marketing shambles

the only think i took away was how easily lured in a consumer would get, everywhere you look it says PLAY NOW, featuring SQUADRON 42

but you can't play now, in smaller text below that of course it tells you the PLAY NOW is meaning the couple of poo poo game modes they put out... really surprised no one has nailed them in court yet for luring in consumers on false promises and fake features jesus h christ on a skipping rope

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I just assumed everyone here had an account because we all already got conned back in the early days!

I may fire it up this weekend, just to see if an RTX 3080 powers through the poo poo-show of an engine.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/6bW78Op.gifv

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

It will be like Battlestar Galactica except more rapey.

These consequences were inevitable

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The game should have a sanity mechanic where if you see something bugging out you immediately start taking psyche damage until your nipple starts shooting pressurized jets of air to move around with and you head shoves itself up your rear end.

Why you gotta go doxxing me like that

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Take shifts running Joe Blobbers and other accounts all over the internet whenever a Google alert comes in for various key words.

:gary:

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Mellow_ posted:

How in the ever living gently caress is this even possible?

What kind of monstrosity code base do you need to have where the loving city starts moving instead of the tram.

My best guess is the "traffic" is simply two layers of ship models that they scroll and loop in the X and Y direction, then they use fog and whatnot to keep you from seeing the loop area. Something broke and the program accidentally started scrolling the "distant city" layer rather than one of the traffic layers.

Of course, my programming skills never really got passed "text based graphics" so I dunno.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I just assumed everyone here had an account because we all already got conned back in the early days!

I may fire it up this weekend, just to see if an RTX 3080 powers through the poo poo-show of an engine.

It doesn't unless you have the PC specifically designed and set up to play SC and SC only. And even then stable framerates are a pipe dream.

Also subjecting your regular PC to is is basically condemning yourself to malware. It messes so much with your system Windows Defender should flare up at the mere mention.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's funny I haven't heard of that in all the mockery, and potentially doubly funny if it's not true and I'm accepting it at face value because why wouldn't I at this point. I was tempted to do a joke freefly but im not going to risk any harm to my precious ginnungagap here.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
:reddit: to infinity and beyond

https://v.redd.it/e89fly6rmf081/DASH_480.mp4

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This looks like a game that in such a complete state that it's safe to implement 30 minute respawn times after dying.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Wait, is this the UI element having physics applied to it and bumping their character?

Can you do this with other people's characters?

:rubby:

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
let's rub!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mellow_ posted:

Wait, is this the UI element having physics applied to it and bumping their character?

That's a "physicalized inventory" for you!

Definitely buy an idris

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kikas posted:

It doesn't unless you have the PC specifically designed and set up to play SC and SC only. And even then stable framerates are a pipe dream.

Also subjecting your regular PC to is is basically condemning yourself to malware. It messes so much with your system Windows Defender should flare up at the mere mention.

I don't believe this, though god knows I should.

It does need an ssd though, if you try and install it on a hd the train stations don't load in and all you can do is travel back and forth forever or fall to your death lmao

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Mellow_ posted:

I assumed it is "changeOutfit(); moveCommandoUpToAvoidWorldEndingCollisionIfNewOutfitWouldClipIntoGround();" but physicalized UI elements sounds like something CIG would do

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
A brand new water bug

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyTacitSparrowHoneyBadger-s0BH1dbuaEgvluUH

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Newly introduced medical mechanics are simulating sweaty feet (tier 0). Never done before, checkmate, FUDsters.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I will take one for the team on the free fly front

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Khanstant posted:

It's funny I haven't heard of that in all the mockery, and potentially doubly funny if it's not true and I'm accepting it at face value because why wouldn't I at this point. I was tempted to do a joke freefly but im not going to risk any harm to my precious ginnungagap here.

If you're talking about the Windows defender comment, it's not strictly speaking true…

…but it sure as hell should be, with tech-savvy official trouble-shooting instructions like this and this.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I was also referencing the fact that the uninstaller doesn't actually work, since it only deletes the launcher. The game instals itself in weird locations (hence the UAC guide above) so fully purging Star Citizen off your PC was hard last time I checked.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Kikas posted:

I was also referencing the fact that the uninstaller doesn't actually work, since it only deletes the launcher. The game instals itself in weird locations (hence the UAC guide above) so fully purging Star Citizen off your PC was hard last time I checked.

Look, the last time CRobber made a game, Win95 was the latest range and would let you spew files wherever and whenever you wanted. It's really just Big Publishing™ — in this case Microsoft — trying to hobble his creativity once again by making these onerous demands on what goes where. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tippis posted:

Look, the last time CRobber made a game, Win95 was the latest range and would let you spew files wherever and whenever you wanted. It's really just Big Publishing™ — in this case Microsoft — trying to hobble his creativity once again by making these onerous demands on what goes where. :colbert:

Didn't they also reprogram an error message to show up a thank you instead of an actual crash message because the game crashed on exit?