Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I've beaten 0 of your rivals times.
I can't beat the Beast and the Buggy bonus round.
There's a snake in my boot.
Basically, I suck.

BUT:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

GolfHole posted:

I've beaten 0 of your rivals times.
I can't beat the Beast and the Buggy bonus round.
There's a snake in my boot.
Basically, I suck.

BUT:

Reported for cheating. Not even subtle...

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Qtamo posted:

I'm probably just missing something really obvious, but is there a way to name cars or somehow easily distinguish different kinds of setups between cars, assuming I'm mostly using setups shared by others? While most of my cars are stock, it's annoying to have (for example) multiple A800 cars and not remember which one's for dirt and which one's for street racing. This is mostly a problem with Horizon Open and others that just throw you straight into the car select screen - the tire icons and offroad rating help, but not in all cases.

At the very least the little card for the car inm the selection screen will tell you if it has Offroad tyres, but apart from that, no, and it is definitely A Thing That Would Be Cool.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Qtamo posted:

I'm probably just missing something really obvious, but is there a way to name cars or somehow easily distinguish different kinds of setups between cars, assuming I'm mostly using setups shared by others? While most of my cars are stock, it's annoying to have (for example) multiple A800 cars and not remember which one's for dirt and which one's for street racing. This is mostly a problem with Horizon Open and others that just throw you straight into the car select screen - the tire icons and offroad rating help, but not in all cases.

The best I've come up with is to pick one vehicle per Horizon Open type, set it to an appropriate tune, then add it as a Favorite. I then sort by Favorites when the Open queue pops.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Incessant Excess posted:

Paint cars orange for rally, green for cross country and blue for road.

and the most insane monkey cheese for drifting

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The team requirement for this "drift to destination" was over 3,000,000

even if you had 30 people, half of them couldn't do 100k in 3 minutes.

Me and another dude only did it in 8 minutes thanks to his 100k and my 3.1 million.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

There's no 'I' in team, Powershift. Apologize to that other guy please.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drift run and limit breaker both always have loving insane requirements, they need to be adjusted way down

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

can concur. I only won because it was Danger Sign -> Air Skills -> Danger Sign
it also started on the main drag strip, then moved 200' feet, then moved 100'.

GOD SMILED UPON US ALL, THAT DAY

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GolfHole posted:

There's no 'I' in team, Powershift. Apologize to that other guy please.

sorry i had to c-c-c-c-carry your rear end through the event, random dude.

I have 2 spare AE86s i can try to get to someone in need through the auction house but there are probably people with sniping programs already.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

The team requirement for this "drift to destination" was over 3,000,000

even if you had 30 people, half of them couldn't do 100k in 3 minutes.

Me and another dude only did it in 8 minutes thanks to his 100k and my 3.1 million.

arcade is bullshit, 3 million is a LOT of drifty points you need 5+ish ppl to do it really

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I don't know which one of you this is but jesus christ it's hard to concentrate on racing with that Drivatar name floating in front of me :lol:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

T1g4h posted:

I don't know which one of you this is but jesus christ it's hard to concentrate on racing with that Drivatar name floating in front of me :lol:

You're welcome!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

lmao that's great

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I ran through some of the forzathon events with my friends last night and I like the hard rain effects in those races. It's a bummer that doesn't seem to be possible in the open world, live weather effects and a day/night cycle would add a lot to the open world map.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

explosivo posted:

I ran through some of the forzathon events with my friends last night and I like the hard rain effects in those races. It's a bummer that doesn't seem to be possible in the open world, live weather effects and a day/night cycle would add a lot to the open world map.

both of those exist but night lasts like 30 seconds and weather is sunny far more often than it prolly should be

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

both of those exist but night lasts like 30 seconds and weather is sunny far more often than it prolly should be

Oh well goddamn. I've had it be night when I loaded out of a race or something like that so I always assumed it was a client-side thing. Or maybe it did happen and I just didn't notice. either way good to know

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone in here use a wheel with Horizon? I've been puttering around in game having fun with a controller, but I have an aging Fanatec in the closet that I normally only use on pc (the last console it was compatible with was the 360) that I kinda wanna use again, driving with a controller is kind of rough on my old CTS riddled hands.

Unfortunately the wheel is not compatible by default with the xbox, so I'd have to get a drivehub (or something like it): https://collectivemindsstore.myshopify.com/products/drive-hub But sometimes the more casual driving games actually get worse with a wheel, so if Horizon is one of those it'll be safe to pass on this.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

FH4 was complete trash with a wheel but this one feels "fine" for road races imo, obviously the offroad and exploring stuff is more of a pain in the rear end with it than on a controller because it's not meant to be, but i just do that with a controller on down time when i'm over with lapping the same minute-long track with a wheel for an hour straight

it's not going to be up to your standards if you're expecting it to be like more sim racer stuff with great wheel support, but it's working acceptably in fh5 for me. in conclusion im not sure if it's worth a separate expensive peripheral for it

on pc btw, cant vouch for xbox specific glitches/etc

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Poistiant posted:

You will need to use the hackerman car to beat that I think.

You think wrongly.

I lost oodles of time, but it's the top

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, I'm not looking for a sim experience. I just feel like cruising around an open world in a fast car and I've got most of the necessary kit already. A quick youtube search says the same thing you are.. it works, it's fun, but it's not a world class experience.

Which is about all I expect out of a chill car game like this one.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I applied to GRCC as Foehammer006

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I'm not looking for a sim experience. I just feel like cruising around an open world in a fast car and I've got most of the necessary kit already. A quick youtube search says the same thing you are.. it works, it's fun, but it's not a world class experience.

Which is about all I expect out of a chill car game like this one.

For me if the game doesn't provide force feedback then no way am I playing with a wheel, I can't stand that feeling.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Hey look, it's Friday already!

I'm pleased to say our friend Serperoth, a fine EU goon for those of you looking to do online stuff and accolades, has installed a bot on our GRCC Discord and you can now (I think) go to the #roles channel and self-select your time zone from the following options: EuroGoons, Goons Of The Americas, Oceania, and "It's Always Race O'Clock."

Can I ask a question, I tried to join the club and it was all hosed up. It didn't show any invitations, it wouldn't let me browse clubs ('try again later') and when I tried to search clubs it wanted me to open a loving XBOX link.. what the hell is that? I've never seen one of those before and have no program for it. I can't open a goddamned xbox link.

Is it possible for someone to just invite me by my gt PlayGoLucky?

Symphoric posted:

Cross country races are a cool thing in theory but the way they're implemented they have absolutely been the single worst thing about the Forza Horizon series since they started putting them in.

I did a cross country race in one of the temple complexes with my Hoonigan RS200 and it was the craziest loving race I've ever done. So stupid. Had to make liberal use of backtrack since many of the jumps, if you hit them at full speed you will just sail through the air 100 yards past the next checkpoint. A tiny bump in the ground can be enough to throw your car spinning in to the air and going through water would often would often just point your car in a random direction. It was pretty funny but I think I learned my lesson, no more S2 CC races and use proper offroad cars not rally monsters

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

xzzy posted:

driving with a controller is kind of rough on my old CTS riddled hands.

Not sure what it is about driving games (aside from the triggers getting worked more than usual) but if I play an extended session I definitely it the next day. I’ve looked for a cheap second hand wheel just to alleviate that.

typhy
Oct 23, 2019

for the record FH5 has FFB, but i've seen reports of it working sporadically for some people. it's been fine with me (on a logitech)

e: actually now that i think about it i even had rumble on an xbox one controller stop working one time, lol

typhy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 19, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

terminal case of old man hands, sounds like

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cross country strikes me as something that would work better pvp since consistency matters a lot more when you only have one shot, vs AI or Rivals where you can just send it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I have more Eliminator wins than I have Air Arcade finishes. I'm taking a break from trying now and doing something less difficult, winning 10 Cross Country events on unbeatable.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
this game knows I want that ae86, gives me the WHITE SOCKS that's right above it :suicide:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I have more Eliminator wins than I have Air Arcade finishes. I'm taking a break from trying now and doing something less difficult, winning 10 Cross Country events on unbeatable.

I have the same number of arcade wins and eliminator wins.

Almost had 1 person with me in an arcade and then welp.. no one.. it was just me trying to get 3 mil driftoo points so I stopped.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slickdrac posted:

You think wrongly.

I lost oodles of time, but it's the top

I put together a 26:53 before this but dirtied it on the most gentle of wall taps. The truck is a wall-seeking missile.

3 goons in the legit top 10 now.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Would anyone happen to know a creator who makes decent custom tracks that are slightly longer than the premade ones? 6-8 km is a bit too short for sprints. Around 15ish km would be ideal.

highme
May 25, 2001

Asked this in the Xbox thread but figure this is a good spot to ask as well. Trying to play via cloud on my PC. I have an Xbone controller hooked up via BT, I can navigate the cloud app and launch games fine. I have used that controller in other games successfully, when I get to the first load screen that says "Press A to start" the A button works and the game loads, but that's as far as I get with controller support. Is anybody else trying to do this? I'm not gonna be buying a Series X in the next few months. I had to give up my office/game room when my son & his GF moved back in, so being able to not take over the living room TV to play a quick round of lunch time laps with the homies would be appreciated.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a different controller option, I'm just being cheap and trying to avoid paying full retail.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

highme posted:

Asked this in the Xbox thread but figure this is a good spot to ask as well. Trying to play via cloud on my PC. I have an Xbone controller hooked up via BT, I can navigate the cloud app and launch games fine. I have used that controller in other games successfully, when I get to the first load screen that says "Press A to start" the A button works and the game loads, but that's as far as I get with controller support. Is anybody else trying to do this? I'm not gonna be buying a Series X in the next few months. I had to give up my office/game room when my son & his GF moved back in, so being able to not take over the living room TV to play a quick round of lunch time laps with the homies would be appreciated.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a different controller option, I'm just being cheap and trying to avoid paying full retail.

What browser? I had to use Edge for that to work

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been experimenting, don't fast travel to horizon arcades. get at least 2 miles away and drive there. when you fast travel it kicks you into a new session. as you drive towards it, it starts loading other drivers in.

the game seems to take a couple minutes to connect you to other players, and doesn't connect you to new people immediately within radar sight. only people further away, so when you fast travel to a site, it basically stops you from being connected to people already waiting there.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 19, 2021

highme
May 25, 2001

Thanks, I tried it in Chrome, didn't even think about changing browsers. Though when I've played cloud games via my Xbox Edge browser it has a big "Browser Not Supported" warning you have to enable cursor mode on to close out. :lol:

didn't work in Edge either

worked when my dumb rear end tried the actual Xbox app I had installed on my computer

highme fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 19, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

Can I ask a question, I tried to join the club and it was all hosed up. It didn't show any invitations, it wouldn't let me browse clubs ('try again later') and when I tried to search clubs it wanted me to open a loving XBOX link.. what the hell is that? I've never seen one of those before and have no program for it. I can't open a goddamned xbox link.

Is it possible for someone to just invite me by my gt PlayGoLucky?

Anyone know what the hell is going on with this? I wanna be in the club :( I'm feeling very excluded right now.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Play posted:

Anyone know what the hell is going on with this? I wanna be in the club :( I'm feeling very excluded right now.

Just so you know, very little happens in the club. It's cool to join, you get pretend goons in your races, and the game compares your times/distances/other stuff with goons. And you can use goons as rivals. But that's about it. it's not like we're all having secret races with each other or anything.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Funso Banjo posted:

Just so you know, very little happens in the club. It's cool to join, you get pretend goons in your races, and the game compares your times/distances/other stuff with goons. And you can use goons as rivals. But that's about it. it's not like we're all having secret races with each other or anything.

Yeah I know I don't actually expect anything to change, but I'd be interested to compare times and such. I'm just confused at how it's supposed to work. I mean what the hell even is an XBOX link for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

presumably the xbox app for windows