Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Harold Fjord posted:

Lol what? "loving too loud is child abuse" ?

loving too loud where you know children will hear and know what you’re doing is considered sexual abuse, yes. Even if they’re your own kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Something about how the letter writer describes sex sounds as "yelping and yawping" makes me want to projectile vomit

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

r/relationships: Her face went blank. When angry. When spitfull.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Brawnfire posted:

Send 'em off to sex boot camp.

Booty Camp

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
AITA for leaving my sex boots out where my kids could see them?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Depends on whether you were having sex in the boots at the time

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Loling at this picture in my head now. 7 people total in a loving movie theater and instead of moving to not be distracted by a sleeper, we're gonna put our hands on them and wake them up.

Yes you're both assholes. Just move.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pope Corky the IX posted:

now those are some Kinky Boots

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My "knocking boots"

Pookah posted:

Booty Camp

Sign me tf up

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Can I wear my sex boots with my dom jeans?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Only if you cuck the cuffs in

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

teen witch posted:

Heads up on this one, some redditors deep dived into the OP’s previous posts and he’s unequivocally a terrible father of the “well I don’t hit them therefore I’m not abusive” type. The teen has been bullying and acting out and no one seems to know how this behavior came about!!!!

Yeah this makes a lot of sense.

elise the great posted:

loving too loud where you know children will hear and know what you’re doing is considered sexual abuse, yes. Even if they’re your own kids.

This does not. Maybe some modifiers are being assumed. I can still see how it could cross lines, but not as written.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 19, 2021

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

darkwasthenight posted:

Buddy, this is barely an issue nevermind one that requires reddit weighing in. Have the conversation and if he is waiting till marriage then say "you're great, but I'm gagging for cock already so we're just not compatible" and politely move on; if he isn't waiting for marriage then he will shortly no longer be a virgin. Where's the dilemma??

File under 'could be solved with one conversation'.

I’m laughing at the thought that this lady is starved for sex but hasn’t once made a move during their two-hour cuddle sessions

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

elise the great posted:

Depends on whether you were having sex in the boots at the time

so having sex with the boots is in the clear? asking for a friend

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

the holy poopacy posted:

so having sex with the boots is in the clear? asking for a friend

Only if they are ridin' boots

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I’m laughing at the thought that this lady is starved for sex but hasn’t once made a move during their two-hour cuddle sessions

I get incel creative writing exercise vibes just because this is literally how they see the world, where women have diametrically opposed views to what men are 'supposed' to have where sex is like job history on a resume, and if you don't have experience you don't get the entry-level position.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
Boyfriend (22M) doesn’t like the fact that I (20F) call my dad “daddy”. So he pulled a humiliating ‘prank’ to embarrass me

quote:

So my bf and I have been together for 2 years and he’s always had an issue with me calling my dad “daddy”. He doesn’t really explain why he just says that it’s weird. In the past he has told me to stop using that word when talking about my dad and I refused. For the record - I’m not into the whole “Daddy” bedroom thing so it’s never something I say in a sexual context.

Anyway I was at my parents house the other day and my bf was coming over. This was kinda important because my parents don’t particularly like him so it was his chance to get on their good side.

He turned up wearing a t shirt with my nude pictured on it (my intimate parts were censored with the word “Daddy” written across). To make it worse I didn’t even open the door, my mom did so she saw it first. There was a lot of yelling and I was extremely mortified. My parents were fuming (especially my dad) while my bf was laughing and saying it was just a joke. I actually had to drag him away because I think my parents legit wanted to murder him. We left but I was so angry and upset I didn’t even want to talk to him.

We’ve been arguing a lot and he claims that I’m overreacting. He says that my parents are pretty open minded (which is true, my parents are sex positive) but I told him that this was just disrespectful and trashy. I just feel so humiliated and angry with him. Is this a dealbreaker?

What the entire gently caress. Just let your parents murder this man jesus loving christ why would anyone think this is okay in any particular sense.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
:murder:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That's one of those stories where (if true) you wonder what the real reason he wants to break up is, that he decided this would be better

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Harold Fjord posted:

Lol what? "loving too loud is child abuse" ?

It may surprise you to learn that given certain contextual factors, saying words is child abuse.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It may surprise you to learn that given certain contextual factors, saying words is child abuse.

It would not. In fact in my most recent reply I noted that some contextual factors (and additional modifying words that represent them) seem to be lacking.

A pretty good analogy though. I'd also contest that it is not automatically abusive to say bad words knowing a child will hear and understand them.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 19, 2021

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

muscles like this! posted:

Mentioning that they got fries and nuggets makes it sound like they ordered stuff off of the value menu because they have a deal where you get a burger, fries, nuggets and a drink. The sandwiches in that are on the smaller side. Still doesn't justify not sharing though.

Yeah, really cool of the wife to not bother asking her partner for food when she's the one who got impatient/mad & decided not to go back. I really hate this "you need to read my mind & meet all my frivolous expectations I choose not to voice" bullshit, plus she already had food to eat. She must be a real treat to be around 24/7.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Context is everything. Having sex and making noise in the next room isn't necessarily child abuse but for some children it can be traumatic regardless of intent. Doing it as loud and often as possible to in order spur your children to say things to bolster your pride is more than likely abusive.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

greazeball posted:

That's one of those stories where (if true) you wonder what the real reason he wants to break up is, that he decided this would be better

I feel like its like how fyad and sa used to be a breeding ground for comedy writers to practice their trade, now they just all do it on r/relationships

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

when i have sex with the missus i make loud sustained grunts like i'm searching walls in an old fps for secrets so the kids just think dad's playing doom wads again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also periodically mutter "where is it"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

haveblue posted:

also periodically mutter "where is it"

Duke Nukem?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
yea

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not throwing away a dress

Happy update!

quote:

UPDATE: I took some advice and messaged her saying the only way I’d adhere to her absurd request is if she bought the dress off me. $220 + the $70 it cost me for alterations. She wrote back saying “I had such a great wedding and you guys made that possible. how could you do this to me? Why would you go against one thing I want? You wouldn’t wear the same outfit again you wore to a funeral right? So why would you after a wedding? If you don’t do as I say I don’t want your toxicity in my life anymore”

I think I’m gunna wear the dress to lunch today

Thanks so much for the support
And of course you wear your good funeral outfit (if you have one) over and over. What are you supposed to do, strip and toss it into the grave?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the stories about one partner interfering with the other one’s remote work all remind me of that one about the wife who was deliberately sabotaging her husband’s remote teaching sessions, who was also clearly in the middle of a post-partum mental breakdown. I often wonder how that story came out and I worry for them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My spouse and I have been working from home in the same room since last March. I've been sharing those stories with her and we agreed that it would lead to a murder-suicide if either of us ever tried that poo poo with the other.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA? I ruin movies we are barely watching by sharing my thoughts.

"Just let me eat my slop, OP!"

People like OP's gf are the worst. If you don't want to talk at all while watching tv in a private residence, what is the point of watching it together? But of course if you try to leave so they can have their perfect silence, they say "wait where are you going?" There's about 4 lines of dialogue in 2001 too, so it's the perfect movie to talk over while you're both on your phones.

That said, "acting out" the scene where the monkeys play with the bone is unfathomably obnoxious, so OP is probably much more annoying than he's characterized here.

An extremely rare example of OP being wrong, but not being an rear end in a top hat. Unlike a smoker, he's only hurting himself by eating dogshit on purpose to own the libs.

OP is an annoying dumbass but also he's wrong about the Family Guy reference. Shows like Family Guy have enough episodes to be syndicated and shown on your local affiliates every day for the next 50 years like reruns of I Love Lucy or The Munsters. "Tivoing" it is the more dated reference here. Your grandkids will be watching American Dad and Bob's Burgers episodes after school when you're in your 70's.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Disposable funeral suits, the only way to really keep the dead guy cooties off

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get incel creative writing exercise vibes just because this is literally how they see the world, where women have diametrically opposed views to what men are 'supposed' to have where sex is like job history on a resume, and if you don't have experience you don't get the entry-level position.

It’s a legit concern, lots of stories of women who go down on a virgin dude only for him to instantly become clingy and codependent due to his lack of experience. It’s absolutely valid to want to avoid this and women should feel more comfortable requiring experience in their partners.

It’s also why men being virgins past their early 20s (excluding physical/health, queerness, or religious reasons) is a huge red flag because it means they missed out on some extremely crucial growth and experience that they really should have at that age.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Boyfriend (22M) doesn’t like the fact that I (20F) call my dad “daddy”. So he pulled a humiliating ‘prank’ to embarrass me

What the entire gently caress. Just let your parents murder this man jesus loving christ why would anyone think this is okay in any particular sense.

I hope there was an update to this where she chaos dunks her hopefully ex boyfriend into the nearest dumpster

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Who the hell conflates sex positive with "cool with seeing a naked picture of my daughter"?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You sure you want to ask that question on the internet?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I think part of the problem is that there were two "banging loud enough the kids hear" stories back to back. loving loud enough that you are making your underage kids uncomfortable and then punishing them for expressing their discomfort I would say is definitely crossing a line. The other story sounds like it's getting sketchy but isn't necessarily over the line with the details provided. However given that the author always wants to sound good I bet in reality it was either written one handed or the parents are massively lovely.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yes because you should only be wearing one sex boot at a time because otherwise they cross and cancel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not letting my son be in a photo that my daughter was not allowed in?

quote:

I have two kids, a 16-year-old daughter and a 14-year-old son. My daughter is one of the few girls on my husband’s side of the family. He has 4 brothers, out of them only one of them has daughters. The rest of his brothers had sons. One of my husband’s brothers “Jim” in the past has made a big deal of taking a picture of just the guys at family parties. He’ll also take a big family group shot but then insists on a photo with just them and that’s often the one he hangs up in the house and shares all over social media. My daughter didn’t care when she was younger but two years ago said she felt left out and found the whole thing kind of dumb. I asked my Jim if we could stop doing the guys group shot and he agreed.

We haven’t seen much of each other since then, because of the state of the world. We recently all got together at a different BIL’s (not Jim) as we’re vaccinated and healthy. Nearing the end of the gathering, Jim asked my daughter and niece to move out of the way so he could take a photo of just the guys. My daughter said that was kind of stupid and asked why they couldn’t be in the picture. Jim said it was important to him. I asked why does it matter who is in the frame? We’re all family. Jim said he just wants a photo of the men of the family. I told my daughter to move, but then also told my son to step out of frame. Jim asked why I was doing this and I said he can’t exclude one of my kids. It’s not like he also takes a picture of the women of the family alone, he’s purposefully leaving them out and that’s not nice. After some back and forth, my husband said “Let’s just go” and we left the party. No pictures taken.

My son agreed with me and said he doesn’t find it fair that his sister and girl cousins can’t be in the picture. My husband is on our side but said I should’ve let it go for the sake of the argument. My BIL posted on FB that he was happy to see everyone but he wishes he could’ve gotten a family picture.

AITA?