Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I mean I do get part of it. She's basically saying "you should have let your mom die we could pay the house off faster"

She might've been more okay with it if he had talked about it with her up front, though. He just did it without asking her or even telling her beforehand.

Plus he never even says if he told her it was for cancer treatment before he got upset. She might have just noticed $50,000 missing and been upset about that:

quote:

But she was pretty upset. Finally I just had to tell her to shut up, because basically she was berating me over not letting my mom die from cancer.

That is a load-bearing "basically" if I've ever seen one.

edit: I did not read the comments, in retrospect I was wrong:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It comes out in the comments that she routinely spends equivalent amounts of money on her parents' health, without asking, and he's good with that because "money is made to be spent". And "health" includes her mom's breast implants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It comes out in the comments that she routinely spends equivalent amounts of money on her parents' health, without asking, and he's good with that because "money is made to be spent". And "health" includes her mom's breast implants.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Bonster posted:

My mom popped a rib head out of place doing that once. Sneezes are dangerous, yo.

ETA: I treated a guy with traumatic brain injury who sneezed so hard he pitched forward, slammed his head on the table and knocked himself cold.

Sneeze carefully.

I hear that if you don't close your eyes when you sneeze then your eyeballs can pop out!

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
"money is made to be spent"

Tell me you'll never retire without saying it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I once knew a kid that tried to keep his eyes open every time he sneezed and ended up making GBS threads his pants on the school bus.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If I believe hard enough this one will have actually happened, for it is righteous.

AITA for barking at my ex?

quote:

Where do I start, how do I begin? To be honest it's a non-issue for me, but I thought to share my amusement with you lot.

Some background: Ezra, my ex(M, 40ish) and I(F, 36) split in 2018 when after maybe 6moths in he started to show some red flags here and there. I ran for the hills, got over him, found my person, and am overall happy in my life. That's now. Then... I focused on work, him on his new gf, that lasted maybe 8 months. Their breakup also started the calls. First for support, but they soon evolved into bitching sessions I wasn't in the mood for. It got so bad I had to block him, the emails started coming. I blocked him there too.

In the meantime I moved with my man, 2 blocks away from my best friend and within a mile from Ezra's baby mama place. I was on my way home from my BFF's, lovely night, I'm all tipsy and happy, headphones in and walk-dancing through the streets, when all of the sudden a wild Ezra appeared with kid(13) in tow.

Since I didn't hear him calling me, he decided to rip one of my headphones and started yelling this and that. Basically rubbish on how I destroyed his relationship(never met the girl, so witchcraft it is!), and how I'm a huge bitch. Well...

So I started barkin'. And kept barking, rising the volume to match his. People were staring, but I'm too tipsy so idgaf. Lucky for him, a clever boy, he got quiet quickly, looked around and left. Eureka! Something works! Since then every time Ezra bothers me in public I just bark at him loudly till he runs away.

One of common acquaintances is a happy gossip, apparently Ezra is, in his own words, traumatised by my behaviour, he says I'm crazy, and I'm the rear end in a top hat for humiliating him in public. Am I thought?

Eta: thanks u/ledasmom! Wholesome 😁

Edit edit: Awards!!! y'all bonkers! Your enjoyment of my life's misery is an award in itself, you dorks! ❤️ I'll be diving in the comments soon, y'all funny.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

quantumwell posted:

"money is made to be spent"

Tell me you'll never retire without saying it

If they're habitually blowing tens of thousands of dollars out of their savings accounts without it catching up to them yet i get the feeling they'll end up no worse off than the majority of the country that'll never see $50k all in one place to begin with

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If I believe hard enough this one will have actually happened, for it is righteous.

AITA for barking at my ex?

I dunno if it's real or not, but I'm reminded of my ex-Marine co-worker who sometimes barks. And not like... Big dog barks. High-pitched, loud, yappy dog barks.

In the middle of an office...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This kid has been poisoned by his mother and older sister, but wowza.
AITA for telling my sister she would have been a terrible mother?

quote:

I (17m) have two sisters, Alice (29) and Miranda (33). I am much closer to Alice than I am to Miranda. Miranda is also not on good terms with our parents. Alice has four kids and is currently expecting child number five, while Miranda can’t have children which her ex divorced her for. Miranda is very successful in life, she has a nice apartment, works a good job and earns a decent amount of money. Alice, on the other hand, is struggling financially. She had her first kid right out of high school and got pregnant with her second child soon after, so she decided to become a SAHM to her children while her boyfriend provides for them.

Me and my parents try to help them out as much as possible, be it childcare or money, whatever she needs. I love my nieces and nephews. I take them to the park and play with the older ones, I really enjoy it. Miranda doesn’t help out with them, she says it’s because she’s too busy. Well, she works long hours, but she doesn’t have kids, so I don’t know what she does on weekends. She also doesn’t help out financially, which I find unfair, since she makes so much money and all she does is spend it on herself, although she does give us very nice gifts for Christmas and birthdays. My parents nag her about it, saying she should give some of her money to Alice monthly, and I agree with that.

So, here comes the part where I may have been an rear end in a top hat. I was at Miranda’s place last week, as she baked muffins and invited me over to eat some and catch up. We got on the topic of Christmas presents and I told her some of the stuff I wanted. She nodded and said she would give our parents a coupon for a much needed vacation and Alice some clothes she had mentioned and also some new boots and jackets for her kids. I was a little stunned she didn’t have more for Alice, so I asked, “Why do you only get Alice the bare minimum? You can afford to help out more and you refuse to out of spite.”

Miranda looked at me and laughed. She said it wasn’t her business to feed six people, that Alice was old enough to make her choices and live with the consequences. She knew what she was getting herself into and that she wouldn’t pay Alice’s way through life just because she kept having children she couldn’t afford.

I was stunned at how cold she reacted. I asked her how she could live her life being so selfish and uncaring, and she got angry and told me, “Listen, kid, there are some thing you are way too young for to be discussing with me, and this is one of those. Drop the subject or get out.” I got really frustrated with her and said something I probably shouldn’t have. I told her, “No wonder your husband divorced you, even if you could have children, you would be a terrible mother.” Miranda got very quiet and told me to leave and never come back.

She has now blocked me on everything, and though I don’t agree with her not helping out, I’m starting to feel guilty for what I said. So, AITA?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

These muffins are alright, but man that hand looks delicious

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dik Hz posted:

Why are people other than the incels themselves responsible for the incels' behavior?

When confronted with the realization that most cishet women prefer experienced partners, the healthy response is "I'll demonstrate I'm safe and not clingy in other ways" not "I'm a sad broken individual doomed to be an incel."

I am not saying that. I am saying that virgin stigmatizing is the same sort of toxic masculinity that incels wrap themselves in. And I agree with you on the response.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Not sourced from the usual places, but it fits a staple we know:

https://www.richmondshiretoday.co.uk/grandmother-issued-with-restraining-order-to-stop-feeding-carrots-to-sad-horse/

quote:

Grandmother issued with restraining order to stop feeding carrots to “sad” horse

November 18, 2021 Kevin Donald News 0
Margaret Porter and Nelson the horse. Photos: Glen Minikin

A court has imposed a restraining order to protect a retired racehorse from the unwanted attentions of a grandmother who refused to stop feeding him carrots.

In a ruling rarely – if ever – passed by a British court, the horse was afforded legal protection from over-feeding after prosecutors made the application to magistrates on his behalf.

Margaret Porter, 67, from Northallerton Road, Leeming Bar, thought Nelson the chestnut gelding was “sad looking” and came to the view that he was under-fed so began giving him carrots despite being explicitly asked not to by his owner Suzanne Cooke, 50.

What began as a “laudable” effort in Nelson’s interest quickly became a campaign of harassment against him and Mrs Cooke, which saw the police called three times and the RSPCA once.

Mrs Porter was arrested and on Thursday faced court for the second time in her life. The first was in 2005 when she was convicted of assaulting her brother with three sticks of rhubarb in an unrelated family spat.

York magistrates heard the dispute over Nelson’s carrots had become the talk of the village of Scruton, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, with the parish council asked to intervene in the increasingly bitter feud.

Mrs Porter told the court how she first became involved after passing Nelson’s paddock on the edge of the village.

She said: “I saw him standing outside his stables and I thought he looked quite sad.

“I didn’t examine the horse but I noticed him. The fields were frozen at the time and there was snow on the ground. I passed six or seven times a day and didn’t see his owner with him once.

“He looked thin and I began speaking to people about my concerns in the hope someone would take it on board and try and get her to look after the horse properly. I was getting quite distressed about the situation.

“I decided to give him a few carrots at the fence, it never occurred to me that anyone else would be bothered about that, I just didn’t want him starving to death.”
Nelson the retired racehorse was fed carrots. Photo: Glen Minikin.

Mrs Porter continued feeding Nelson, which came to Mrs Cooke’s notice when she realised there were dozens of carrot tops lying in his field.

She picked them up in a bucket and took Mrs Porter to task, pointing out that there was a sign on the fence asking people not to feed him.

To her dismay Mrs Porter took no notice and continued to sneak carrots to Nelson, who willingly trotted over to the fence to receive them.

Mrs Cooke told the court: “On February 13th this year I was going to my horse when I saw Mrs Porter’s car parked up. She was throwing food into the field and the horse came over.

“I opened the car window and said “why are you feeding my horse? Do you realise what you are doing? You could poison my horse or give it colic and make it ill.”

“She replied: “you can ring the police, I’m not bothered.”

“I am tired of this happening and worried that she may make my horse ill, I don’t know what she is giving it.”

To her horror an RSPCA inspector then called at her house to tell her he was carrying out a welfare check on Nelson.

The inspector quickly realised that not only was he being well looked after, he was in peak condition having competed three times in professional horse races.

Mrs Cooke was in no doubt who had reported her and had become increasingly angered by Mrs Porter’s gossiping to villagers, which continued despite the RSPCA’s clean bill of health.

Trevor Howe, a parish council stalwart of 40 years, gave evidence to say Mrs Porter began called him around 10 times insisting the horse wasn’t well.

He said: “I did not have any concerns about the horse but she must have rang at least 10 times about its welfare, repeating the fact it was under-fed.”

Mrs Cooke felt she had no option but to call the police and Mrs Porter was eventually arrested, first appearing in court in April when she denied a charge of harassment.

After hearing both sides of the argument on Thursday magistrates found her guilty.

Presiding magistrate Hilary Fairwood said: “In the first instance her conduct could be considered laudable in that she truly believed she was trying to prevent the neglect of the horse.

“However after the RSPCA visit and police intervention she continued despite being explicitly told the RSPCA had no concerns whatsoever.

“Her conduct was not reasonable and we find her guilty of the charge.”

Mrs Fairwood said it was necessary to impose a restraining order for the protection of Nelson.

Addressed to the defendant, it reads: “You must not put food in the field for the horse and must not interfere with the horse in any way.”

Further to that she must not approach Mrs Cooke or attend her home, which is directly across the road from hers.

After the hearing Mrs Porter said: “It all seems to ridiculous to be taken to court for giving a horse a few carrots but at least I got to have my say and they didn’t send me to jail.”

Mrs Cooke said: “I’m very glad the court passed the order to keep her away from Nelson for his sake.

“He’s a thoroughbred horse and he’s very well looked after, exercised and fed, he’s a wonderful horse and very much loved by me and my son.

“This has gone on for a year now and it has caused so much stress and upset for me, it has had the whole village, where I’ve lived very happily for eight years, talking about me.

“She went out to cause as much difficulty as possible for no good reason. It was horrifying to have the RSPCA called out to do a welfare inspection on Nelson, it made me feel terrible.”

In his racing days Nelson was based at Middleham.

His racing name was You’redoingwell, however after three winless races his trainer didn’t agree and he was put out to pasture, being snapped up three years ago by Mrs Cooke.

In March 2005, Northallerton magistrates heard Mrs Porter lost her temper after her estranged brother, William, laughed at her while driving past in his Land Rover in Askrigg, Wensleydale.

She flung three sticks of rhubarb from her cottage window, catching him in the right eye with one of them.

The court ordered Porter to do 40 hours’ community service and barred her from entering property belonging to her son, with whom she had also fallen out.

Imagine going through an entire goddamn court case and conviction, and still lying to yourself that hard. Very strong estranged parents vibe.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Arsenic Lupin posted:

quote:

Miranda doesn’t help out with them, she says it’s because she’s too busy. Well, she works long hours, but she doesn’t have kids, so I don’t know what she does on weekends.

Why is this point of view so common! There is more to life than working and parenting!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The magic of relationship sex is that you're having it with your romantic partner and can communicate about it. It's real easy to get good at having sex with that specific person even if you have little to no general sex experience, if you're both willing to make the effort.

Anyone you're already dating and connecting with who thinks being a virgin is a dealbreaker is probably a bullet missing you. It's no big loss.

Hughlander posted:

You ever try to construct a scenario from reading the title to see how the consensus wound up someway and completely fail? This is such a case.

AITA For not letting my boyfriend use my dishes?

My guess was that the boyfriend was a massive slob who wanted to use the OP's dishes because he couldn't be assed to clean his own, and was a risk of said dishes getting smashed.

The opening paragraph threw me, but that was pretty close!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Serephina posted:

https://www.richmondshiretoday.co.uk/grandmother-issued-with-restraining-order-to-stop-feeding-carrots-to-sad-horse/

Imagine going through an entire goddamn court case and conviction, and still lying to yourself that hard. Very strong estranged parents vibe.

lmao

when you don't have guns, go for the next best thing

quote:

Mrs Porter was arrested and on Thursday faced court for the second time in her life. The first was in 2005 when she was convicted of assaulting her brother with three sticks of rhubarb in an unrelated family spat.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh my god is it actually international men's day

I only know it's "sometime in november"

The PYF lovely graph thread posts the chart about how Men's Day is pretty much only googled during International Women's Day every year every Nov 19th, that's how I found out.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Serephina posted:

r/relationships: she was convicted of assaulting her brother with three sticks of rhubarb in an unrelated family spat is probably too long...

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh my god is it actually international men's day

I only know it's "sometime in november"

It is actually, unfortunately, every day.

Serephina posted:

Pic of Nelson for those who didn't click through:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

It is actually, unfortunately, every day.

Pic of Nelson for those who didn't click through:

I wanna feed him a carrot with the consent and supervision of his owner.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for digging breast holes in the sand so I could lay down where my nephew could see them?

quote:

I (34F) and a big breasted woman. For context my bra size is 34G, so while I'm no where near the biggest out there I am still pretty big.

So my family decided to take a trip to the beach because we haven't since any of the kids have been born. It was Me, my Husband, our kids ages 5 (M) and 7 (M), my BIL and SIL and their 2 kids ages 5 (F) and 9 (M), and my MIL and FIL. We rented an AirBnB and all split the cost.

Anyway, on the first day my MIL and FIL decided to stay in the house and the rest of us went out to the beach. After a bit I decided to lay down for while my husband was occupying the kids building a sand castle. I didn't bring a towel with me so I decided to just lay out on the sand. For those who don't know if you have large breasts and lay on your stomach it can be quite uncomfortable so I dug little holes out for my boobs to lay in. Soon after my BIL and SIL asked if we were all ready to go in for lunch so I got up to help pack our things. My 9 year old nephew saw my boob holes and asked what they were. I explained (in a kid friendly manner) and he said "ok" and walked off.

After we got back to the house my SIL and MIL cornered me in the kitchen and yelled at me for "talking to nephew about my boobs" I asked when I did that and apparently nephew asked my SIL if the reason she didn't dig holes when she laid down on the sand was because if her breasts were not as big as mine. They are mad and said I should never have dug the holes in the first place and I should have just sucked it up and laid without them. (for context both my MIL and SIL and significantly smaller chested than me). That it was inappropriate nephew was exposed to that and he shouldn't even be thinking about boobs at this age and now he is asking questions they don't want him asking (like why some woman have bigger breasts than others or what they are for or is he going to grow them when he grows up etc.)

I don't think what I did was inappropriate. I mean, I have 2 boys of my own and I never hide my breasts or bras from them, they think it's just a normal thing grown woman have and it's not a big deal. But it's not my kid so considering every other adult female in the house is mad at me maybe I am the one in the wrong?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"I'm a child, but I believe that since your womb is barren, you have a duty to help us live the lifestyle we crave."

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 19, 2021

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Piell posted:

AITA for digging breast holes in the sand so I could lay down where my nephew could see them?

Phrasing.

NTA.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Piell posted:

Oh no now they have to actually talk to their child and parent him

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

At that point just pay for your parents' insurance premiums. If you have to worry about the gift tax (which only affects estates valued at about $11.5 million or more, the 1% begin at $11.1) then you are incredibly wealthy.

Also he needs a better accountant or financial advisor because giving the parents a lump sum of cash was stupid. Direct payments made to the care provider are excluded from the gift tax, as well as expenses for transport and such. But only if they are paid directly to whoever is providing the service.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Piell posted:

I can feel the jealously from the MIL and SIL at OP for having big boobs radiating off this story.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Hughlander posted:

You ever try to construct a scenario from reading the title to see how the consensus wound up someway and completely fail? This is such a case.

AITA For not letting my boyfriend use my dishes?

This one gets me unreasonably mad. She has a coping strategy that works for her problem, but for some reason this gets him really angry because it's not "normal." And his solution is to get rid of her strategy and replace it with nothing.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
AITA for giving my wife a choice of diapers after she ran out of tampons? (self.AmItheAsshole)

quote:

I know this isn't nearly as dramatic as some posts here but my wife and I cannot agree on who was right and who was the jerk here.

My wife woke up in the middle of the night with her period and the last few weeks have been kind of chaotic so she had forgotten to get tampons. I had to be up for work soon so it was impractical for me to go up to the store so my wife asked me to go find something to tide her over.

I guess she meant an old shirt or a towel but as I was wandering around I caught sight of our kids and figured diapers would work. We have two toddlers and a baby so we have two different sizes and I grabbed one of both and brought them over to see which one she wanted.

Needless to say, she wasn't pleased. She didn't make a big deal of it at first but this morning she mentioned to me how she felt offended over the diapers and said I could've been a lot more considerate of my choices. She isn't mad per se but she definitely isn't too happy.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

elise the great posted:

Like I think we can all agree that virginity isn’t nearly as bad as being a goon lmfao

Goons are all virgins but not all virgins are goons, so it's not the virginity that makes us post; it's something else entirely. Mmm

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for using my ex wife’s maiden name?

quote:

Throwaway. Ex and I have been divorced almost 10 years. She kept my last name because we have kids or something like that. I wanted her to change it back and told her it was the law that she had to.

I don’t use my last name for her. I have her in my phone with her old name. When I have to send her a check I use her old name. When I fill out forms for the schools or doctors I use her old name and she says this causes problems but I’m not sure why.

Couple weeks ago my daughter called her mother during a class at school and asked her what her last name was. Obviously this made the mother confused. My daughter said that “dad wrote it down as (old name) but you always write it as (my name.)” The mother told my daughter that it was (my name.)

The week after that my daughter brought me a sports paper to sign. The mother had already signed and written her name. Before I signed, I crossed out (my name) and wrote (old name.) My daughter started to cry and said I was “disrespecting” the mother but I told her the mother was disrespecting me by keeping my name.

Next thing I know I get a nasty email from the mother telling me to “cease and desist” using her old name and that her legal name is (my name.) She said if it happens again she will take me to family court.

I talked to my wife about it and she said I’m not the AH because now that we are married only she can use (my name). She says I should go back to court to force the mother to legally use (my name).

My ex wife says I’m an AH because this disrespects her and that “disrespecting her is disrespecting our children.” I told her children don’t need respect and I don’t respect her at all.

So AITA for this?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ghost emoji posted:

AITA for giving my wife a choice of diapers after she ran out of tampons? (self.AmItheAsshole)

i keep seeing comments on this saying that it's dumb and misogynistic and i don't get it :psyduck: like they use similar polymers for wicking, and at most you'd just have to cut off some bits.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Gnossiennes posted:

i keep seeing comments on this saying that it's dumb and misogynistic and i don't get it :psyduck: like they use similar polymers for wicking, and at most you'd just have to cut off some bits.

It’s a dignity issue, you dingus

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ever sneeze so hard your arms hurt?

No lie I was once laying in a weird position and putting too much weight on my elbow, sneezed, and seperated my loving shoulder. I really should just be a brain in a jar, if just for my own protection.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

Hopefully she does take him to court so they can tell him what a loving idiot he is. It sounds like his new wife is equally stupid, so that's nice that they found each other I guess.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Evil Willow posted:

I live in a country with pretty strict naming laws (Denmark) and even here you can take anyone else's last name if more than 2000 people have it, and obviously you can keep the last name of your former spouse or your children.

I don't know where this guy lives, but I'm pretty sure he'd get reamed if he took it to court. I hope he does.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neito posted:

No lie I was once laying in a weird position and putting too much weight on my elbow, sneezed, and seperated my loving shoulder. I really should just be a brain in a jar, if just for my own protection.

A brain in a jar cannot sneeze, but still feels like it needs to.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s a dignity issue, you dingus

i've had to use some makeshift menstrual stuff in the past too, and tbh a diaper would've been a step up :shrug:

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ever sneeze so hard your arms hurt?

I thought it was just me.

ranbo das posted:

Remember men, if you haven't had sex before your mid 20s not only are you broken but also women will decide its not safe to be around you, because only sexual predators wait until they are ready to be intimate.

Happy International Men's Day!

My wife saved me!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

AITA for cancelling someone's Airbnb reservation because they used to bully my sister?

quote:

Background:

My little sis (30F, I will call her Sarah) and I (32F) have always been really close. My parents are Middle Eastern immigrants who came to the US in the late 80s. We lived in a relatively poor neighborhood when we were younger but we moved to a fairly affluent suburb when I was starting 10th grade and Sarah was starting 8th grade.

There was this really popular girl at Sarah's new school (I'll call her Macy) who was awful to her. Midway through the school year, Sarah started coming home crying everyday, starving herself, wearing white makeup to try and "blend in" more with the other students. Her grades started to suffer (from straight As to Ds and Fs). She wouldn't tell us what was going on but I eventually figured out that this Macy chick had spearheaded a movement to have everyone bully and be mean to Sarah.

I was on the family computer one day and an AIM message from Macy popped up that said "Read the Guestbook!" next to a hyperlink. The message was intended to go to Sarah, but I clicked the link and it took me to this sloppy-looking webpage with the words "Sarah is a Fat Ugly Loser" printed at the top in big neon green Comic Sans font (I'll never forget it) with an unflattering candid photo of Sarah eating a sandwich. I scrolled through this website and it was all just pictures of Sarah with really mean comments making fun of her. The website had a guestbook where classmates were encouraged to leave mean comments about Sarah, and some of the comments were so vicious that I still want to cry thinking about them.

Fortunately my sister is doing very well for herself today. She is a lawyer now, is objectively stunning, and dating a fairly well-known musician lol. But I know this still affects her on some level. She still struggles with body image issues, social anxiety, and has been extremely introverted ever since.

The Conflict:

I now own a condo in the same city where we used to live and rent it out on Airbnb. I use this feature that lets people book my place instantly without me having to approve the reservation. Last week I get a notification that Macy had reserved my place on two separate occasions in the upcoming future. Macy sent me a message letting me know she is allergic to dust, letting me know she was visiting family and asking if she could have visitors. When I saw her message and realized who she was, I cancelled both of her reservations immediately (within 30 minutes of her making it).

I sent her a note saying, "Sorry for the inconvenience, but I will be unable to host you" without further explanation. Macy sent me the nastiest response letting me know that I ruined her Thanksgiving travel plans and that I'm incredibly rude and I should be ashamed of myself for cancelling her reservations without any justification, some crap about how she hosts people too would never do that to someone and how Airbnb would definitely be hearing about how I treated her.

I told my husband about the situation and he said he understands where I am coming from, but that it was a "dick move." Was it though? AITA here?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Evil Willow posted:

I told her children don’t need respect

Father of the year ladies and gentleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"I'm a child, but I believe that since your womb is barren, you have a duty to help us live the lifestyle we crave."

The child is repeating what his mother and the sister who live with him have said a thousand times.