Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I don’t know about this tennis player but I think the us should send a carrier group and increase funding to democracy promotion in western china just to be sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
that is a number of stuffed animals that makes me deeply uncomfortable

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I hope she returns, and challenges anglo domination of tennis.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If that's her house then her boyfriend's wife is right to bully her.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*posted via an american ISP that allows the NSA to copy all data travelling over its cables*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

i think the joke is that iphone 12 uploads all your poo poo to icloud, which is american, so you don't need to be in america to get tracked by NSA

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DoctorAjayKumar/status/1461687947258843141

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
genocidal rape regime

well thats basically the d&d line on the country. i wonder if it means anything that right wing reactionaries and liberals are aligned on something like that

mila kunis has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Nov 19, 2021

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
IP theft loving owns though

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

china stole our exclusive ip rights to sea shanties never forgive never forget

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the best part of this peng shuai situation is theres no way she can convince westerners shes fine in a way that wont be awkwardly scripted as all hell and this will naturally be used to argue that any statement she makes was done at gunpoint

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Can we just cancel the olypmics already? That whole Japan one seemed like a big waste of time. Do we really need to have another go at it a few months later?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Is the general consensus that she was laying low because a lot of people made fun of her?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mila kunis posted:

IP theft loving owns though

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The athletes didn't get to gently caress as much as they wanted during the last olympics, so I think the hope is that china quarantines everyone and they can have a normal olympic village experience. That's why they gotta have another one so soon.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Is the general consensus that she was laying low because a lot of people made fun of her?

maybe if youre a dirty commie lover sure but the far more logical explanation is that china authoritarianishly whisked her off to a reeducation camp

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

maybe if youre a dirty commie lover sure but the far more logical explanation is that china authoritarianishly whisked her off to a reeducation camp

I can imagine posting something really emotional online because I'm sad about a relationship, but the idea of the UN afterwards being like WHERE'S 30.5, WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIM LATELY, WHAT'S HE UP TO POST A VIDEO, GIVE ME AN UPDATE ON HIS LIFE is too mortifying to imagine.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Finally got Xi's book when do I get to the sex scenes

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

I think all of the enormous numbers of Western pedophiles that frequent SE Asia may, uh, play a role in people's perception.

Idk how you don't realize that this sounds willfully ignorant.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Antonymous posted:

you are really defensive about white sexpats and the way they behave and talk about their host communities abroad.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Antonymous posted:

nah that's you for the past couple pages bud

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1461576051054628866

huh weird how this guy wasnt just disappeared to a reeducation camp for openly defying the ccps will

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

furiously scratching any instance of "jews" off of my rants and desparately looking for something else to blame because class conciousness is for cucks

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

nah that's you for the past couple pages bud

I think it's weird to lump an american english teacher who has occasional hook ups via a dating app in Beijing with a russian serial child rapist who pays to use the system of human exploitation in south east asia as being "the same, uh, thing that everyone knows about"

seems like the only thing in common is a white guy having sex with a non white person. weird to equivocate those on those terms unless you're a racist

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Antonymous posted:

weird to equivocate those on those terms unless you're a racist

What a sad and pathetic attempt at reversal. Yes it's the people with opinions about sex tourism and sexpats who are the real racists here. What are you looking for, a One Of The Good Ones badge?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sex is haram

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Chairman Xi: as part of our new national economic program, we have been developing and fabricating state-of-the-art GPUs in secret

nerds: what

Chairman Xi: these new GPUs are equivalent to RTX 3000s with half the cost and much less power usage

nerds: WHAT

Chairman Xi: and they have a specific solution that if you try to run it for bitcoin they shall melt down your computer

nerds: so comrades come rally and the last fight let us face the internationale unites the human race

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Antonymous posted:

I think it's weird to lump an american english teacher who has occasional hook ups via a dating app in Beijing with a russian serial child rapist who pays to use the system of human exploitation in south east asia as being "the same, uh, thing that everyone knows about"

seems like the only thing in common is a white guy having sex with a non white person. weird to equivocate those on those terms unless you're a racist

wow reverse racism, incredible stuff.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Antonymous posted:

how do i get access to the secret posts in this thread where people are making this comparison

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
you seem to be really hung up on the sex part but as fun an ephitet as sexpat is, thats just one component. having had to deal with british expats in the middle east, a lot of these people are just racist freaks who view the locals (in the middle east you can add in the treatment of south asian/filipino/SE asian 'guest' workers as well) with contempt, see themselves as superior and hate the local culture and society and poo poo talk and trash it at every opportunity. that serpentza south african shitbag who married a chinese woman is a good example, parlaying his stay there into the china bad social media grift scene and insisting "i 'ates the government not the people and culture" while there's several examples of him doing exactly that. feel really bad for his children

class and having a relatively cushy status compared to some of the desperately poor people in these areas factors into it as well.

mila kunis has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Nov 19, 2021

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

mila kunis posted:

you seem to be really hung up on the sex part but as fun an ephitet as sexpat is, thats just one component. having had to deal with british expats in the middle east, a lot of these people are just racist freaks who view the locals (in the middle east you can add in the treatment of south asian/filipino/SE asian 'guest' workers as well) with contempt, see themselves as superior and hate the local culture and society and poo poo talk and trash it at every opportunity. that serpentza south african shitbag who married a chinese woman is a good example, parlaying his stay there into the china bad social media grift scene and insisting "i 'ates the government not the people and culture" while there's several examples of him doing exactly that. feel really bad for his children

class and having a relatively cushy status compared to some of the desperately poor people in these areas factors into it as well.

I called those types the 'losers back home'. There's a lot of loser-types who move to asia where their white privilege is not only intact but enhanced as they get a decently paid job with low hours and heaps of praise if they can say "我要一個漢堡“ during their daily trip to mcdonald's. The psychology of their loser existence conflicts with the praise and privilege and leads to the "Am I a loser? no, it is the chinese who are wrong" colonialist mindset. And there's also genuine right wing "white man's burden" types who post praise of trump on facebook while living in China. I dislike all of those folk and those like Laowhy. It's easy to see that their life is better in Asia (would Laowhy ever have a successful youtube if he stayed in whatever bumfuck place he's from?) and it makes them bitter.

Lightningproof posted:

how do i get access to the secret posts in this thread where people are making this comparison

see

Vox Nihili posted:

I think all of the enormous numbers of Western pedophiles that frequent SE Asia may, uh, play a role in people's perception.

I this perception is exactly the problem and that there's nothing wrong with interracial relationships even if I personally don't like the people in them. It's also my perception from being in China and Taiwan that the women in these relationships are not especially victims of some kind of exploitation, not anymore than any other typical human relationship and definitely not in the way people who are trafficked in SEA are. That's why the perception seems very ignorant and racially motivated, much like how white women were/are said to be 'victims' of 'predators' if they date outside their race. I can write a lot more if the thread would like to derail further, let me know.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The sex tourism defender has logged on. Please log off.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im married to someone of a different race than myself. ask me anything

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Chairman Xi: as part of our new national economic program, we have been developing and fabricating state-of-the-art GPUs in secret

nerds: what

Chairman Xi: these new GPUs are equivalent to RTX 3000s with half the cost and much less power usage

nerds: WHAT

Chairman Xi: and they have a specific solution that if you try to run it for bitcoin they shall melt down your computer

nerds: so comrades come rally and the last fight let us face the internationale unites the human race

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

the best part of this peng shuai situation is theres no way she can convince westerners shes fine in a way that wont be awkwardly scripted as all hell and this will naturally be used to argue that any statement she makes was done at gunpoint

Well the CCP could do better than having a undated screen shot of her next to winnie the pooh.

Or a screen shot of a supposed email that strangely has the cursor on it.

Despera has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Nov 20, 2021

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Despera posted:

Well the CCP could do better than having a undated screen shot of her next to winnie the pooh.

every single social media post is by the communist party

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

mila kunis posted:

every single social media post is by the communist party

no just the ones involving peng shuai

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am sorry women's tennis is the thing presently consuming americans wrt china?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Despera posted:

no just the ones involving peng shuai

Despera posted:

There actually people who defend the CCP?

Despera posted:

Yeah like those Uighurs really getting their quality of life improved. in camps

Peoples own goverment killing its people on camera and television usually gets remembered.

ah a live freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Judakel posted:

i am sorry women's tennis is the thing presently consuming americans wrt china?

the story of a persons sudden disappearance after disclosing rape by a powerful person....

is really about tennis