Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I really enjoy how terrible Incubus is. He really wants Allison to be like him! He wants to be her mentor! He will also kill literally everyone around her, and her, the minute he thinks that she won't be like him. His little speech about famine is extremely telling, because Incubus isn't a unique or special person, other than having been taught by Meti. He's a product of the Second Conquest, someone who could survive and thrive in conditions of absolute, abject violence. He is, like Jagganoth, a demiurge through and through.

I'm also enthused to find out how both he and Maya are presumably going to survive this sequence, because there's no way in hell that one of them dies off-panel after everything we've gotten so far.

Also, if she's gone forever I'm going to be very upset, but I'm thoroughly invested in denial and am open to bargaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I would actually not at all be surprised if that fight is entirely offscreen. Allison's completely done with fighting right now, and I'm nigh certain the comic is going to follow suit. Indulging in another fight scene right now would be ludicrous and disrespectful. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the comic takes a break from violence entirely until Allison discovers just whatever the alternative is.

Also people who are like "ah whatever, she's definitely coming back" like... what if she doesn't. Do you really think we're going to go on a side plot to bring Cio back? Now???

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I love the first Jadis panel so much

just looking at it every couple of minutes and laughing again each time

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pigbuster posted:

I would actually not at all be surprised if that fight is entirely offscreen. Allison's completely done with fighting right now, and I'm nigh certain the comic is going to follow suit. Indulging in another fight scene right now would be ludicrous and disrespectful. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the comic takes a break from violence entirely until Allison discovers just whatever the alternative is.

Also people who are like "ah whatever, she's definitely coming back" like... what if she doesn't. Do you really think we're going to go on a side plot to bring Cio back? Now???

I think Cio's death was an illusion and she was yoinked away by Jadis off-screen. We'll see her in the next couple pages.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

God drat, Abaddon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

I think Cio's death was an illusion and she was yoinked away by Jadis off-screen. We'll see her in the next couple pages.

At the very least I think her mask is going to be retrievable. It shattered into way more pieces than the single cut to it but it's already been established putting them back together can (sort of) bring the associated devil back. Though with The Key maybe Allison can do a bit better?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

cio's death was real and so was jadis' that's why she's smiling jagganoth atomized her and now she's dead and a ghost which is all she ever wanted

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
maybe new cio is the vaguely jadis-shaped silhouette on the cover

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean zoss has been dead this whole time and he seems to be loving it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

i mean zoss has been dead this whole time and he seems to be loving it

Is he? He seems pretty miserable to me.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

I really enjoy how terrible Incubus is. He really wants Allison to be like him! He wants to be her mentor! He will also kill literally everyone around her, and her, the minute he thinks that she won't be like him. His little speech about famine is extremely telling, because Incubus isn't a unique or special person, other than having been taught by Meti. He's a product of the Second Conquest, someone who could survive and thrive in conditions of absolute, abject violence. He is, like Jagganoth, a demiurge through and through.

I'm also enthused to find out how both he and Maya are presumably going to survive this sequence, because there's no way in hell that one of them dies off-panel after everything we've gotten so far.

Also, if she's gone forever I'm going to be very upset, but I'm thoroughly invested in denial and am open to bargaining.

The main difference between incubus and jagganoth is jags has the decency to hate that he exists and incubus is just lovin’ it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Don't forget himself and those other creeps.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

akulanization posted:

The main difference between incubus and jagganoth is jags has the decency to hate that he exists and incubus is just lovin’ it.

Not sure those close up panels of Incubus' dead eyes convey a guy living his best life.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Mr. Baps posted:

I love the first Jadis panel so much

just looking at it every couple of minutes and laughing again each time

Clearly

you don't own an air-fryer

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

akulanization, which btw is a really good username posted:

Incubus is that guy who hates himself, his life, his past, and everyone else - and is convinced that he's the happiest person on the planet, that he's just lovin' it, because unlike everyone else he really knows the score.

I'm a bit sad he disqualified himself from surviving and retiring as Allison's Worst Mentor, but also I long for his death now, and would like it to be at the very end of the series.

Also, I think if she's coming back it's going to be as part of the main plot, not a side quest.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Down With People posted:

Clearly

SOMEBODY'S POISONED THE WATERHOLE

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
this is the happiest we have ever seen incubus. remember he never cared at all about running his seventh and spent seemingly the entirety of his time preparing for when (to his mind) the inevitable happened and everyone turned on each other.

look how pleased he is by it all that's not even the slightest bit insincere.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm done with this loving comic lol. Flimsy-rear end justifications and "believe me I hate this as much as you do!" don't really hold water when you're, you know, the loving author and can just choose not to do a thing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
On the one hand, Cio was a good character and she will be missed.

On the other hand, there's murdering to be done Maya so chop chop! Grats to Abbadon and hope he enjoys this break.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

packetmantis posted:

I'm done with this loving comic lol. Flimsy-rear end justifications and "believe me I hate this as much as you do!" don't really hold water when you're, you know, the loving author and can just choose not to do a thing.

That’s a weird as gently caress way to take “yo have some trust I won’t get trope-y with this” but you do you.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there's a certain brand of idiot who has to rivet a "lol" or a "y'all" onto every idiotic thing they say

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
also I really like that he becomes more monstrous as his face becomes less disfigured. he is much much less pleasant to look at when his face is entirely reconstructed into jrpg protagonist with the contrast drawn even sharper with the protagonists all battle damaged. and that bestial smile at the end is perfect.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Bussamove posted:

That’s a weird as gently caress way to take “yo have some trust I won’t get trope-y with this” but you do you.

I don't particularly have any trust left for an author who consistently ushers female characters to the sidelines after their ~arc~ is complete so the important men can have cool martial arts fights (that are bad actually don't forget that part!!!)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

packetmantis posted:

k bye

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Weird read but ok

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

packetmantis posted:

I don't particularly have any trust left for an author who consistently ushers female characters to the sidelines after their ~arc~ is complete so the important men can have cool martial arts fights (that are bad actually don't forget that part!!!)

:psyduck:

Do… do you mean the female characters that literally combined into one giant being of amazing power that was the crux of making any progress at all in the most recent fight? Or the one that held Jagganoth down until her enormous jealously that’s been established for literally years drove her to let them fend for themselves? Or the one that just had a major revelation of being let out of her glass prison so she can presumably have a more direct effect on the plot? Or the one that’s reaching the climax of her arc and defending the rat?

What the gently caress comic are you reading because it sure as hell isn’t this one.

“Is not on-panel right this second” isn’t the same as being sidelined.

Maybe you’re really bitter about Lucky Felicia never showing up again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the real nice thing about abadon mentioning there'll be no updates until february is that people can unbookmark this thread for the hiatus without feeling like they'll miss anything

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Down With People posted:

Clearly

HEY KID!

WANNA PEEP THE TRUE SHAPE OF CREATION?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

HEY KID!

WANNA PEEP THE TRUE SHAPE OF CREATION?

You kids wanna see a dead body corpse reality?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

packetmantis posted:

Clive Wearing is that you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
abaddon has consistently shown his ability to do cool poo poo, instead of poo poo that sucks, so i am choosing to trust his decisions

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

Has anyone come in here to make the HAY IS THIS THE THING WE'RE GOING TO HATE joke yet?

Has it been done 100x yet?
We already declared this was it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

packetmantis posted:

Cio Cya Bye

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

packetmantis posted:

Oh, Allison's arc is done? Word.

Also one of those "important men" just literally blew himself up and out of the comic, lol

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 20, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh, Allison's arc is done? Word.

All arcs are complete. Now we watch nebulously-defined important men fight apparently.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Maybe you’re really bitter about Lucky Felicia never showing up again.

Who isn't, though?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Honestly I'm having a way harder time processing Jadis making an actual troll face than I am Cio possibly dying for real.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Who isn't, though?

I am legit sad she hasn’t shown up again. She and Allison could be one-arm buddies now!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lucky Felicia is off enjoying her well-earned retirement away from all these loving crazy assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

So basically, Jags' massive super attack only confirmed kill is a single large horse. An old one.