Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Where’s PacMan World?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

hatty posted:

Where’s PacMan World?!

As a matter of fact

I know that nothin hold you back

If the pac man can do it brother so can you

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Big Brain Academy has a demo up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
has the eshop's black friday deal not kicked in yet or are the offerings really this slim

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

has the eshop's black friday deal not kicked in yet or are the offerings really this slim

black friday is next week

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tell that to the uk v:v:v

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

no.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

I am noticing a disturbing lack of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Willo567 posted:

I am noticing a disturbing lack of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures

Yeah! What the gently caress

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Willo567 posted:

Lack of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's everyone playing this weekend?

Halo Infinite and Monster Hunter Rise

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no pac man world :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone should grab Dicey Dungeons. It's pretty simple and challenging.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I've seen stuff up in France.

Sales on some indie titles like I am Dead (at 10 euro) and a couple of other things I'd like.

Monkey ball is at 25% off so 30 euro more or less, I'm curious about it, but it's not the time to get it.

20% off of TOEM.

75% on Vesperia so 12.49 which is tempting but I'll know it'll get low again so I won't be getting it.

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark at 8.49 and I'm very tempted to pick it up even if I probably won't play it right away. Ugly looking FFT style game. People say it's good. I Am Dead is another one I'm interested in at that price, though I'd be happy to pay more so it's not as pressing.

Deadly Premonition 2 is half off, but I've seen that before.

What the Golf is at 12 euro, cheapest I've seen but not quite cheap enough for me to want to get it.

The Missing is at 6.50 and I kinda want to get it at that price and to support the dev, but it's not good? I can't remember what people said.

Shinsekai Into the Depths is at 15.

Dragon Quest is half off so 30 euro which is pretty good I'd say.

And that's what's on my wish-list.

I'm likely to get Fell Seal but probably not The Missing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

it's very fun and the art style has big adventure time vibes for me. i like it a lot

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
In past years NoE has done the end-of-November eShop sales a week before NoA's Black Friday sales.

I assume "Cyber Deals" intended to be thematically a Black Friday/Cyber Monday type thing, but is the latter really a thing in Europe what with Thanksgiving being a principally American holiday?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's barely a thing in Canada, despite the corps trying for at least five years now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah it's fun. Don't try to do it one go, that gets annoying. I also think that you shouldn't switch around characters too often, even if it clearly wants you to do that. The rules are generally really different to the point that I prefer getting used to one rule-set before changing it drastically.

Otherwise it's good and if you're getting for 5 euro or less it's a bargain.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah it's fun. Don't try to do it one go, that gets annoying. I also think that you shouldn't switch around characters too often, even if it clearly wants you to do that. The rules are generally really different to the point that I prefer getting used to one rule-set before changing it drastically.

Otherwise it's good and if you're getting for 5 euro or less it's a bargain.

I clearing out chapters in sequence going down the roster.
None of them are so complex I forget how to play them.

Plus, Warrior is so boring to me, I couldn't play him more than once at a time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I clearing out chapters in sequence going down the roster.
None of them are so complex I forget how to play them.

Plus, Warrior is so boring to me, I couldn't play him more than once at a time.

That's fair. I tried that but jumping down from the later classes hosed with me more than once. I'd get a loss or two before remembering what to do. Like rules change enough between episodes but the core is still there mostly.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm not super deep in yet but the only character I don't like is the witch. I don't know if I'm just bad or if she's designed in a way that makes her actively unfun to play. Even the warrior is just not as interesting as the others but not awful

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lol, I used to do that. My neighbors (mormon) and I managed to turn most n64 games into "house". The giant egg in Yoshi Valley was our son.

:yeah: As a kid, I would drive around Peach's Castle in Mario Kart 64, pretending to be some rich person puttering around my giant mansion in a go-kart.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark at 8.49 and I'm very tempted to pick it up even if I probably won't play it right away. Ugly looking FFT style game. People say it's good.

Huh, what don't you like about the graphics? I think the character models look bad, but I think the rest looks kinda cool.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm not super deep in yet but the only character I don't like is the witch. I don't know if I'm just bad or if she's designed in a way that makes her actively unfun to play. Even the warrior is just not as interesting as the others but not awful

Supposedly very tough. I liked the concept the one time I tried her level one. I lost, the only 1st episode I lost on the first try, but there seems like there'll be some cool mechanics to check out with her.

Read After Burning posted:

:yeah: As a kid, I would drive around Peach's Castle in Mario Kart 64, pretending to be some rich person puttering around my giant mansion in a go-kart.

Huh, what don't you like about the graphics? I think the character models look bad, but I think the rest looks kinda cool.

The character models stick out as looking real cheap. I'm not really a stickler by any means, I just don't think it looks very attractive, but that price is. So if it is a good tactics game I might bite. Unless it does relationship stuff. Then I don't want it.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 20, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I liked the robot and inventor. I didn't like them at first. It's a good game: Dicey Dungeons.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
dicey dungeons uses dice as a singular, and is thus unfortunately unplayable

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not far into it but Pokemon Pearl remake is good so far. I never played Diamond and Pearl back in the day but I did play Platinum and put a lot of time into it, so it's cool to go back to that gen of Pokemon.

It's pretty funny that when you interact with the Switch in your house the text reads that it's the "latest" game system lol

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My last unit of serotonin fighting off the depression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G93fjD2ygU

Rageaholic posted:

I'm not far into it but Pokemon Pearl remake is good so far. I never played Diamond and Pearl back in the day but I did play Platinum and put a lot of time into it, so it's cool to go back to that gen of Pokemon.

It's pretty funny that when you interact with the Switch in your house the text reads that it's the "latest" game system lol

I wish I liked the secret base system in D/P as much as the one in Ruby/Sapphire. :smith:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Supposedly very tough. I liked the concept the one time I tried her level one. I lost, the only 1st episode I lost on the first try, but there seems like there'll be some cool mechanics to check out with her.

The character models stick out as looking real cheap. I'm not really a stickler by any means, I just don't think it looks very attractive, but that price is. So if it is a good tactics game I might bite. Unless it does relationship stuff. Then I don't want it.

The characters and portraits never looked good to me, but you forget about it as you play because it's well made

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's a pretty good Pokémon remake. There was clearly love put into the little details.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

cheetah7071 posted:

dicey dungeons uses dice as a singular, and is thus unfortunately unplayable

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cavauro posted:

I liked the robot and inventor. I didn't like them at first. It's a good game: Dicey Dungeons.

I think Inventor is my favorite. A run can turn in unexpected ways with how the gadgets can play out.

Witch, however, is fairly tedious.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a pretty good Pokémon remake. There was clearly love put into the little details.

you can’t strike a pose by spinning the control stick like in SwSh, poo poo game, 0/10, gamefreak has screwed us again

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's everyone playing this weekend? I'm going to give dicey dungeons a try.

I've also been playing resident evil revelations 2 solo, probably wrap it up this weekend. Interesting game. It's meant to be played coop, with asymmetrical characters. One is the gun person, the other is the utility person. Without going too deep into it I can see potential for some really fun coop moments. It's working fine for me solo too

Between those two I'm playing through metroid fusion. Rather than poke around and explore, I'm going immediately from objective to objective, hoping for a low time

I'm diving into Shining Pearl. I also picked up Persona 4 on a whim this week, which I might put some time into. I have it on Steam. It's not on Switch, which is a bummer, but that's why I haven't picked up SMTV yet. Well that and I never finished IV... figured I should maybe finish the games I have first.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm diving into Shining Pearl. I also picked up Persona 4 on a whim this week, which I might put some time into. I have it on Steam. It's not on Switch, which is a bummer, but that's why I haven't picked up SMTV yet. Well that and I never finished IV... figured I should maybe finish the games I have first.
Heathen!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Where's the M30?

in the same pit as the atari ET cartridges, god willing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

You have a Steam account. There is no end to the games you should finish first.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The two player mode was kind of fun. Found a good difficulty setting where it was competitive with me and my 7 year old!

Read After Burning posted:

Now I wanna know what the most fragile Amiibo are. I only have a few, but my guess would be King K. Rool? That cape seems like it could snap off kinda easily.

On my BOTW Link Amiibo where he's shooting the Bow, the arrow tip somehow broke of mine. Pretty sure my kid did it somehow

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Astro7x posted:

The two player mode was kind of fun. Found a good difficulty setting where it was competitive with me and my 7 year old!

On my BOTW Link Amiibo where he's shooting the Bow, the arrow tip somehow broke of mine. Pretty sure my kid did it somehow

They don't have that coating that keeps kids from nibbling on them :v:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Finished BOTW! Zelda was Ganon the whole time! Unless I read that wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Crucial detail: you can still polish your badges in the D/P remakes. All is forgiven