Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

They qualified directly to TI

pretty much entirely off the strength of their regional play, to be fair to his point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

don't mind me I'm just aging 30 years

also by "bombed out in the lower bracket" I guess I just assumed they meant the team that finished 13-16

TI5 Secret (also featuring rtz which I forgot lol) went out 7-8th losing to VP

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arzachel posted:

TI5 Secret (also featuring rtz which I forgot lol) went out 7-8th losing to VP

but...the memes...did they lie to me?

e: I could have sworn that the joke was that they have gotten one step better at every TI but I guess they did 7/8 first and then skipped it on their progression when it started from the bottom at TI6

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

pretty much entirely off the strength of their regional play, to be fair to his point

But it's also an achievement that that prediction wouldn't achieve, to be fair to my point.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

But it's also an achievement that that prediction wouldn't achieve, to be fair to my point.

to be fairest to all the points he still needs to answer my question about which 4/5 he meant

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

to be fairest to all the points he still needs to answer my question about which 4/5 he meant

4/5 in regional play. I think experimenting with some up and coming players is more likely to see success at a Major then playing with a bunch of washed players.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Since it’s a new squad it’s hard to judge how they will do, but on paper the other WEU teams look much stronger

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Since it’s a new squad it’s hard to judge how they will do, but on paper the other WEU teams look much stronger

Yup, hard agree

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i agree with this but at the same time that was true of the old alliance lineup. i think this lineup that isnt proven at all at the international level has at least some chance of success there if it can get there. i dont think the old alliance had that at all.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/status/1461456230157717504?t=d8TJD-Rprae7qT0kRELC5g&s=19

ThanksPurge

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

slacks is losing his goddamn mind playing AD

he continues to lose his goddamn mind

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 19, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So, uh, are w33 and Saksa both team-less?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

TheRat posted:

So, uh, are w33 and Saksa both team-less?

Seems like it. As it pertains to T1 and T2 EU teams:

-Liquid only has 1, 4, and 5 officially locked. w33 could land there but no space for Saksa.
-Nigma hasn't said anything lately. No way w33 goes back, and I doubt Saksa could replace gh.
-OG is basically an empty roster at this point, though obviously Saksa is not going to join them.

Maybe a lower EU tier team like Brame or Gambit could pick them up? Doesn't seem to be a good space for them right now. Both players have had runs in NA, so they could put together a team to compete for local LAN money.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TundraEsports_/status/1461647099079151616

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Interesting that they've signed long-term contracts, implying they won't see any change. Most teams that stick together only do so if successful it seems, so it'll be a good trial of whether a team wiht some issues can grind through them or whether they just melt down.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Nam Taf posted:

Interesting that they've signed long-term contracts, implying they won't see any change. Most teams that stick together only do so if successful it seems, so it'll be a good trial of whether a team wiht some issues can grind through them or whether they just melt down.

I mean, this is by no means the first time something like that has happened. See: wings gaming.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Topson will not be playing this season

https://twitter.com/ogesports/status/1461721049712766978?s=21

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looks like Liquid kicked Taiga

https://twitter.com/TeamLiquid/status/1461726460595609601

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this opens up a spot for saksa if zai plays 3

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

liquid was the actual team powered by friendship for a while there and it's sad to see them breakin up even though they were bad, i was rootin for em

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

this opens up a spot for saksa if zai plays 3

Did they kick boxi too?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

Did they kick boxi too?

not that I know of but I don't think he's officially registered yet either

e: yeah I just looked it up on the site, this is all they currently have for team liquid

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 19, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if Boxi hasn't registered for Liquid yet I assume he's gone. hope he lands on a good team, I always liked his play.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

not that I know of but I don't think he's officially registered yet either

e: yeah I just looked it up on the site, this is all they currently have for team liquid

I mean that team honestly sounds incredibly good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

I mean that team honestly sounds incredibly good

yeah I would take zai 3 saksa 4 over boxi 3 zai 4 with no hesitation

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
boxi signed up for liquid earlier today, so i guess that makes 5 unless he's going to be a sub

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Notail is also taking a break and will coach and mentor the new og

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Weirdly bummed to see Notail taking a break, even though it's entirely reasonable to do so. Guy's been a pro player that I've watched the whole time I've been into this genre, since back in the HoN days.

Slacks RTed some stream for a charity tournament, think it's just all random dudes but the casting is actually pretty sick https://www.twitch.tv/yodi_brodi

Geight fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 20, 2021

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Based on registration, looks like Liquid lineup is set

1/2 MATU
1/2 Micke
3/4 Boxi
3/4 zai
5 Insania

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Didn't zai use to play 4, or am I imagining that?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
He was pos4 on SADBOYS/EG

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Eg just made jerax and nightfall official. Jerax pos5

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Jerax AND cr1t?? phew, lad

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Huh. I really didn't expect that. Jerax seemed like one of the more legit retirements since it looked like he stopped playing entirely. I guess there really is nothing like high-level Dota.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I hope its not gonna run into the Zai+Cr1t problem of TI7.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

stoked about jerax and dont know anything abought nightfall

nm: nightfall is epileptic kid

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Holy poo poo eg looks strong.

Is what I say every year

Before they do pretty well at majors

And then flame out and disintegrate at ti

They look strong this year

They have a real shot

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Excited for EG to win all the NA quals and who knows what else.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Excited to see jerax’s comeback. Would’ve liked to see him against Notail but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kild posted:

I hope its not gonna run into the Zai+Cr1t problem of TI7.

Yeah on paper this looks really strong but there are a few concerns, like this and jerax rust after 2 years off.