Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed that during the finale sequence of Metroid Dread Samus was revealed to be dying and had to stop off the nursery where she was raised, which was apparently on planet ZDR. When I got there all I could find was what looked like a tube of toothpaste and I was really confused and frantically looking around while the timer ticked down.

Suddenly a flashback played to toddler Samus in a water tank, it revealed that because of all the DNA experiments on Samus, she had to be kept underwater as a baby as she couldn't breathe air. They were in the process of trying to fix her but in the meantime I had to control tiny toddler underwater Samus as she wandered back and forth (all in 2D Dread style) slowly, she was really slow because she was too small for a power suit but still needed implants of some kind to live and they were weighing her down. Eventually I slowly made her climb up a ledge and she got the "baby Screw Attack" and a soothing nursery jingle version of the powerup theme played and ADAM said "baby's first powerup! Say awww!"

It flashed back to the present and I realised the tube was the other half of the serum she needed as a baby, as one dose only lasts 35 years and that's apparently her age now. She asked ADAM if she would die at 70 when the new dose ran out as they wouldn't be able to manufacture more and the unspoken implication was that she was stupid for thinking she'd live to 70. I looked down at my controller and it had magically turned into the toothpaste tube serum and I squirted it all into my mouth. It was gross

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream they released a new game in the Yakuza series: Yakuza Zombies. A viral zombie plague has infected all of Tokyo. The soulless husks of the people carry out hollow shadows of their former lives. However, the Yakuza are still alive, because the distinctive zombie gait of lifting and dropping one foot completely before the next matches a delinquent Yakuza's strut perfectly, causing the zombies to mistake them for other zombies. Many yakuza didn't even realize anything was wrong. The plot involved your new character, a young delinquent freshly recruited into the yakuza, accidentally throwing up an incredible amount at restaurant, which is the way alpha zombies show their dominance. Now the heads of every zombie gang are gunning for you! During this story many mechanics promised to return, like mahjong, bowling, the batting cage, and a new minigame to the series makes its debut; City Election Rigging.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao. The Yakuza/Shaun of the Dead crossover we've been wanting all along.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

had a bunch of short dreams last night, one of them being Plutonis trolling the Cowboy Bebop TVIV thread by posting that "sexy Faye" appeared in a post-credits scene in one of the eps and getting like fifteen people angryposting about him being a liar

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic posted:

had a bunch of short dreams last night, one of them being Plutonis trolling the Cowboy Bebop TVIV thread by posting that "sexy Faye" appeared in a post-credits scene in one of the eps and getting like fifteen people angryposting about him being a liar

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tell me. Is sexy Faye a dream that these butterflies are showing me? Is Plutonis just a part of the dream? Or is the live action Cowboy Bebop just a nightmare that I haven't been able to wake up from. I need to find the door.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

symbolic posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

symbolic posted:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

long dream in which there was a video game where you went to specific stations of children's toys in and each one played differently. I was about to go to the Lego level and really wanted to show it to my brothers because of how cool it was, you could see the old Legos that we grew up with in real detail. (my son has gotten into Legos so they're on my brain a lot) in the Lego part of the game, they were all knights in a castle battling the wolfpack and forestmen, as well as other knights (during competitive online play).

the knights all respawned when they died and the captain of the guards explained that every time they died, they lost their memories, and an important part of being a castle guard was re-acclimating terrified amnesiacs. he told us our "Guild" had an Amnesear rate of 87 percent, which meant that roughly 87 percent of the knights lost their memories over a year (I knew that this was good, most Guilds had 100 percent like every month). there was one knight who had never lost his memory. there was some mystery about who had killed the king, and it was super obvious that the friendly tutorial guy, who'd just recently lost his memory, was responsible, and that the game was trying to get you to believe that the one whose memory was still intact had done it.

eventually it became clear that if you ever lost, you really did have your memory erased in real life, and someone was using the game to rewrite the world. I was good enough that it didn't happen to me, but I could pretend it did, so when all my friends were back in high school, thinking they belonged there, I was there slowly trying to unravel what their plans were. at the end of the dream, I had discovered my math teacher was a robot and was yelling Westworld commands at him to see if I could get my friends' memories back. I got the data from him on a USB but my alarm woke me before I could do anything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

long dream in which there was a video game where you went to specific stations of children's toys in and each one played differently. I was about to go to the Lego level and really wanted to show it to my brothers because of how cool it was, you could see the old Legos that we grew up with in real detail. (my son has gotten into Legos so they're on my brain a lot) in the Lego part of the game, they were all knights in a castle battling the wolfpack and forestmen, as well as other knights (during competitive online play).

the knights all respawned when they died and the captain of the guards explained that every time they died, they lost their memories, and an important part of being a castle guard was re-acclimating terrified amnesiacs. he told us our "Guild" had an Amnesear rate of 87 percent, which meant that roughly 87 percent of the knights lost their memories over a year (I knew that this was good, most Guilds had 100 percent like every month). there was one knight who had never lost his memory. there was some mystery about who had killed the king, and it was super obvious that the friendly tutorial guy, who'd just recently lost his memory, was responsible, and that the game was trying to get you to believe that the one whose memory was still intact had done it.

eventually it became clear that if you ever lost, you really did have your memory erased in real life, and someone was using the game to rewrite the world. I was good enough that it didn't happen to me, but I could pretend it did, so when all my friends were back in high school, thinking they belonged there, I was there slowly trying to unravel what their plans were. at the end of the dream, I had discovered my math teacher was a robot and was yelling Westworld commands at him to see if I could get my friends' memories back. I got the data from him on a USB but my alarm woke me before I could do anything.

Lol wtf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol jesus

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol that’s the good stuff

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a dream I was robbing a convenience store in the GTA San Andreas remake. There was a guy there ignoring me and going about his business shopping. I stopped what I was doing to watch the guy struggling to read the mangled text on a poorly rendered wall of bread products. He turned to me after a while and asked "Hey man, is the Jew bread from Wegmans kosher?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rodbeard posted:

I had a dream I was robbing a convenience store in the GTA San Andreas remake. There was a guy there ignoring me and going about his business shopping. I stopped what I was doing to watch the guy struggling to read the mangled text on a poorly rendered wall of bread products. He turned to me after a while and asked "Hey man, is the Jew bread from Wegmans kosher?"

Lol wtf. But seriously wegmans ftw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol wtf. But seriously wegmans ftw
:hai:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I dreamed I was playing as Urien in a fighting game but all of his special moves were Merkava-style noodle arms. I lost because I kept trying to figure out how to do a fireball.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I dreamed I was playing an RPG similar to Live-a-Live only each 'story' was about a different Rareware employee and each one had the goal of building a Banjo Kazooie level from scratch in the real world. I don't remember too much about it at this point, but I do remember the words "ESCAPE WITH THE EVIDENCE" flashing across the screen before I woke up.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I don't remember too much about it at this point,

thats for the best

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

I dreamed I was playing an RPG similar to Live-a-Live only each 'story' was about a different Rareware employee and each one had the goal of building a Banjo Kazooie level from scratch in the real world. I don't remember too much about it at this point, but I do remember the words "ESCAPE WITH THE EVIDENCE" flashing across the screen before I woke up.

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream they released a new game in the Yakuza series: Yakuza Zombies. A viral zombie plague has infected all of Tokyo. The soulless husks of the people carry out hollow shadows of their former lives. However, the Yakuza are still alive, because the distinctive zombie gait of lifting and dropping one foot completely before the next matches a delinquent Yakuza's strut perfectly, causing the zombies to mistake them for other zombies. Many yakuza didn't even realize anything was wrong. The plot involved your new character, a young delinquent freshly recruited into the yakuza, accidentally throwing up an incredible amount at restaurant, which is the way alpha zombies show their dominance. Now the heads of every zombie gang are gunning for you! During this story many mechanics promised to return, like mahjong, bowling, the batting cage, and a new minigame to the series makes its debut; City Election Rigging.

that is just Yakuza: Dead Souks

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream I was playing a new 2d Zelda game. I controlled Link, and Link was with a team exploring a dungeon. The team was 2d sprite versions of Neve Campbell, Ethan Embry, and Ving Rhames who was driving a little car. The sprites were also voiced by their actors. There was also a woman on a radio, but I couldn't tell who that was. I could tell that the team had been working together for a long time, and they had to team up with Link and keep him alive. From the banter between the team I could pick up that Neve did not like that they had to protect Link, but begrudgingly did it anyway. Neve would attack enemies, Ethan would drop items, and I couldn't tell what Ving did. He would just drive his car around the dungeon avoiding everything. I made it to the dungeon's boss, which was a giant hardhat beetle surrounded by a dozen small ones. I woke up before I beat it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I was playing a bowling sim where you had to manage your team's need meters to ensure they'd bowl well. I loaded into my first match and put up my star bowler, a short mohawked bearded man in a letterman jacket. He bowled a single round and then refused to budge an inch. All he would say is "Nope, wanna check my garden. Nuh-uh, gotta check my garden." I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I figured it was a bug and clicked the button to remove him from my team. The game suddenly cut to the rest of the team tearfully shooting him in the head with a hunting rifle behind the bowling alley.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I was playing a bowling sim where you had to manage your team's need meters to ensure they'd bowl well. I loaded into my first match and put up my star bowler, a short mohawked bearded man in a letterman jacket. He bowled a single round and then refused to budge an inch. All he would say is "Nope, wanna check my garden. Nuh-uh, gotta check my garden." I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I figured it was a bug and clicked the button to remove him from my team. The game suddenly cut to the rest of the team tearfully shooting him in the head with a hunting rifle behind the bowling alley.

lmfao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tell me about the garden, Gorf. Can I still tend the carrots? I didn't mean no trouble, Gorf.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Tell me about the garden, Gorf. Can I still tend the carrots? I didn't mean no trouble, Gorf.

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao jesus

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Lmao