Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Reiley posted:

They are a dog with a duck on top so their hurtbox is actually relatively upright humanoid proportions.

there are TWO dogs in smash!!!!!

just put scrappy doo on top done

edit: okay you guys said that already, so do scooby-disguised-as-woman from the live-action movie then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chicken Boo should be the Kirby of Multiversus.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Gavok posted:

Chicken Boo should be the Kirby of Multiversus.

Why would a regular, very normal, everyday guy be the Kirby of Multiversus???

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Why would a regular, very normal, everyday guy be the Kirby of Multiversus???

He'd be a Giant Chicken if he didn't take the job.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they can both be in

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1461484545325342732?s=20

lol this is single handedly killing any interest I had in Nick Smash.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AndyElusive posted:

lol this is single handedly killing any interest I had in Nick Smash.

Don't worry, so did most of the world

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/JamesfvFleming/status/1461417810953920521

Blockhouse posted:

No actual film company owns likeness rights of an actor - Maisie Williams is getting paid for this (especially since this is a voice acting gig as the Arya model is cartoony and bares no resemblance to her). If they want to have loving Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine running people over with a plane as his Final Smash, then the Bogart estate can say yes or no (but they will say probably yes because they get a big fat check).
Right, I think in the dystopian future of Space Jam 2: Too Many Space Jams they didn't even need the original actor to do the voice, they just had super advanced voice synth tech too. And it wasn't so much that he wasn't getting paid, the idea was that he was getting paid for his likeness rights, and once he did he wouldn't be able to say no anymore if they wanted to have his digital doppleganger appear in, oh say...

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/lebron-james-dlc-fighter-rumored-for-wbs-smash-ultimate-rival-multiversus-1683601/

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
this but unironically

https://twitter.com/book_stannis/status/1461396876067061762?s=20

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I had somehow managed to avoid this concept until now, thanks for taking another bite out of my faith in humanity

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

You can't have Cousin Greg, he's too big!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

istewart posted:

I had somehow managed to avoid this concept until now, thanks for taking another bite out of my faith in humanity

They love them.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
writing a negative steam review because Omar little has almost no options against the small hitbox characters

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

anime was right posted:

for your consideration:

the disappointing thing is that on the off chance a VB character made it in they would almost certainly choose Brock, when the correct choice would be an Order of the Triad team character

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/viuvasdokof/status/1459664924389556228

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Relax Or DIE posted:

the disappointing thing is that on the off chance a VB character made it in they would almost certainly choose Brock, when the correct choice would be an Order of the Triad team character

i feel like they absolutely need to pull in a character that no one knows from an IP like 5 people care about, so they have their own waluigi or whatever.

make it brick frog!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That isn't even Waluigi that's Game 'N Watch

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Now I really want those Ryo, King, Yuri and Mai outfits as alt-costumes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Adnor posted:

Yeah no kidding, those are good.

Also lol that the Leona one is basically just Leona's modern design palette swapped.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
So if Mulitversus does well, does that mean that we'll see a Disney properties Smash clone in the future?

Adnor posted:

Goddamn, same. They look fantastic

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Lol i clicked on a red bull sf5 youtube I cant believe loving zhi is still getting work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else out there reinstall tekken 7 due to Red Bull hype .

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Lol i clicked on a red bull sf5 youtube I cant believe loving zhi is still getting work
Christ.
I guess that's the best they have available. Shouldn't have fired Sajam.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jack Trades posted:

Christ.
I guess that's the best they have available. Shouldn't have fired Sajam.
Sajam and Tasty Steve did Guilty Gear

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sajam was there for SF5, just up in the booth for post-match stuff instead of down in the ring

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

iPodschun posted:

Sajam and Tasty Steve did Guilty Gear

I know? I guess it's not really applicable here because it's not a Capcom ProTour event so it wasn't Capcom that was choosing the commentators but they refuse to work with Sajam anymore since he dared criticize SFV's netcode.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Anyone playing the KoF beta?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

KoF 15 beta is up and its good. Netcode really holds up minus you fighting a wifi monster. SNK finally put out a game with good online.

Also game looks super clean and sharp at 4k, the UI/Menu/all that is a great aesthetic choice.

Also also, Dolores owns. Lady Geras with a million options.

If you gonna play you gonna run into a billion people rolling so I did up a tweet on the classic anti-roll O/S, don't let people get away with wakeup rolls

https://twitter.com/Rooflemonger/status/1462044304738865158

*edit*

not to be a shill but if you don't know KoF and this is gonna be your first time diving in, this should help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-mYZnOFxlg

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 20, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Do you need psn+ to play the beta?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arzachel posted:

Do you need psn+ to play the beta?

No

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
did kofxv beta save fighting games?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Pyrus Malus posted:

ya

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Pyrus Malus posted:

If it was on pc I'd unironically say yes just because I'm sad to never get to play the fighty betas

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Apparently it's actually going to be released on PC at the same time as other platforms????

I might get to play KOF XV for more than like a week before online dies out completely????

:getin:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/1462201413195350018?s=20

finally

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Looks cool, 2023 at the minimum though.

As a side note, I wish companies actually used 60 fps game footage. Seriously looks awful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

but actually yes. currently

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1462157596798947328?t=_XgTaQ5kP4MDXQu9VsIkoA&s=19

year of the platform fighter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

poe meater posted:

Looks cool, 2023 at the minimum though.

As a side note, I wish companies actually used 60 fps game footage. Seriously looks awful

It's choppy as hell and I can't tell if it's just a bad capture decision or not.

I think in a post-Power Rangers, post-GBF world people are more okay with simplified input fighting games, being an assist + tag game does add quite a bit of possible depth to it. The character they showed up has a cool kit too.

I didn't get the whole RiotDirect server thing or how it'd improve P2P connections at all tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it could just be poorly optimized

also twitter video destroys quality