Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

this birthday pizza really gave me the farts on my birthday.

Happy bday cav. You're pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop ya rear end

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

happy birthday cavauro

wow. very cool.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hbd cab

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Happy Birthday Cav!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoopyass

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Hope you have a cool birthday.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

its the big dogs big day

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

happy bday cav. sorry about the pizza farts

i just got back from ghostbusters and as someone who knows the first one front to back and has an ecto-1 tattoo I was very happy with it. absolutely leans on nostalgia but I thought it was fun as gently caress.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Glad you enjoyed the new Ghostbusters.

I just finished Let Me In. Earlier this week I watched Lætter der Rïght Øne Innen. My verdict: the Swedish one is better but the remake isn't terrible. I think the cop made more sense than a B plot about a social group of Swedish alcoholic weirdos. I felt the kid's home life was more appropriately lovely in the American version but that may just be something lost in cultural translation. I certainly can't say I missed the eunich subplot personally, either. I do think it was a misstep to more explicitly imply the girl's "father" was a former childhood friend like the boy is for her now. Even though I personally think that was the case in the first one as well, the ambiguity made the ending more fun, imo. Anyway hope you liked Bluedeanie's Weekly Dracula Posting for the week of 11/15/21. Have a blessed Cav's Birthday

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

NienNunb posted:

I wanna be a boat guy. I wanna hang out at the pier, get a nice pair of boating shoes, get one of those hats. I wanna be able to say the word sloop in everyday conversation, I wanna “know my knots”. Who wants to go in on a boat with me?

well you know what they say pal "the best two days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I never watched Let Me In because I absolutely adore Let The Right One In and heard some of the changes they made and they didn't sound particularly compelling to me. I love the ambiguity of the ending leaving it unclear if Oskar is genuinely loved or she's just taking the chance to replace an aging servant/bodyguard with a younger version (or hell, both things could be true) for her own benefit. I also really dug the subplot of the weirdo drunks to be fair and if that's not in Let Me In then the movie will be poorer for it :colbert:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I wouldn't watch the new one then for sure. Another knock against it is remember that poo poo rear end cat scene in the original? The remake has CGI that hilariously bad in almost every single horror scene.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh no, hahaha. Yeah the cat scene, while hilarious is... uhh... it's not good.

It did inspire me to make this What We Do In The Shadows/Let The Right One In mash-up a couple of years ago at least :3:

https://streamable.com/i5c3t

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I watched Predators (the 2010 one) again on a whim, what a fun lil movie that is. Great cast, fun action scenes, Lawrence Fishburne as a crazy guy. Good times.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Its like medieval manuscript levels of "this artist has literally never seen a cat before"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

talgat looks goodntho? edit: that looks good tho

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

yea ok posted:

talgat looks goodntho? edit: that looks good tho

Its better than I can draw for sure

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bad cgi is so great if its used once like that. idk if that cat is from the orignal ornthe remake with ll rhe cgi. i skimmed the posts if i can be honest about it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know which one that cat is from.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how come so many threads on this site are for copying and pasting reddit threads then responding to those, but on here?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That DICK! posted:

wow. very cool.
Thanks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

how come so many threads on this site are for copying and pasting reddit threads then responding to those, but on here?

Because we're cool

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Buffalo Stance does not deserve its chorus.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

Buffalo Stance does not deserve its chorus.

WHAT IS HE LOIKE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you know neneh cherry's brother was the guy who did that save tonight song from the late 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nntd2fgMUYw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Happy birthday cav. You’re a real one.

I was gonna say something else but I forgot. Smash the machine.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Let's play a game. Name that film

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ratatouille!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The eyeball scene in Yakuza 7 loving yuck! I gagged!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

did you know neneh cherry's brother was the guy who did that save tonight song from the late 90s

what the gently caress

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nntd2fgMUYw

in the seventh grade I was the singer and keyboard player in a band with several of my friends and one of two things we ever did was record an atrocious cover of this song in the guitarist's garage over a casio for my girlfriend

she's now in her mid-thirties and married with kids and occasionally reminds me that she still has the tape in her attic and can destroy me any time she wants

thanks, cherry family

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CarlCX posted:

in the seventh grade I was the singer and keyboard player in a band with several of my friends and one of two things we ever did was record an atrocious cover of this song in the guitarist's garage over a casio for my girlfriend

she's now in her mid-thirties and married with kids and occasionally reminds me that she still has the tape in her attic and can destroy me any time she wants

thanks, cherry family

post it.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
agreed, that's the only way to break her power over you

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The movie is Muppets Wizard of Oz btw

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Not feeling too great tonight. Those voices are back telling me I'm not a good person. Hope they go away soon.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Not feeling too great tonight. Those voices are back telling me I'm not a good person. Hope they go away soon.

Feel better soon friend, we’re all going through ups and downs all the time, doing the best we can.

Thanks for reaching out to me tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Feel better soon friend, we’re all going through ups and downs all the time, doing the best we can.

Thanks for reaching out to me tonight.

Thank you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I've discovered mint toothpicks and they are absolutely fuckin incredible at helping my withdrawals. I saw them randomly at a grocery store and they are probably the smartest purchase I made all year. I'm ripping through them at a rate of like 20+ a day but hey at least it ain't nicotine lol. Also my partner didn't get my Scott Hall references so we watched some ol WWF footage just for fun.

Edit: I guess they're tea tree oil toothpicks, whatever they are they're saving my fat rear end right now

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 21, 2021