Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Ole: "Was I a good manager"

Board: "No....just no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Not something I'd considered, but the firing may have to be delayed until 14:30 on Monday:

quote:

Any decision may be delayed, though, because the club must inform the New York Stock Exchange of any decision to dismiss him. It does not open again until Monday.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

better luck with the next manager, eh?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ole and brucey sitting on a gravelly british beach just wiping away the tears with fifty pound notes

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
After his performance today, Harry Maguire has taken the lead in the race for the 'worst captain in the league' trophy. Fernandinho is in second, because he's barely played this season, but at least he doesn't actively hurt his team's chances from the bench. All this has me wondering: who are the all-time worst captains in the history of the premier league?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

Green and gold until Ole is told

lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

J Hume posted:

After his performance today, Harry Maguire has taken the lead in the race for the 'worst captain in the league' trophy. Fernandinho is in second, because he's barely played this season, but at least he doesn't actively hurt his team's chances from the bench. All this has me wondering: who are the all-time worst captains in the history of the premier league?

What about all of Arsenal's captains that ended up leaving at the end of the season because the captaincy was only some kind of desperate attempt at keeping them at the club?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

pik_d posted:

What about all of Arsenal's captains that ended up leaving at the end of the season because the captaincy was only some kind of desperate attempt at keeping them at the club?

You're gonna have to be more specific

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

J Hume posted:

World's Most Expensive Defnender

lmao

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It shouldn't be too expensive to get rid of Solskjaer, hes only got three years left on a contract he signed back in July (presumably to fend off interest from every big European club).

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like Lee cattermole at Sunderland has to be up there, fit the mold of a tough tackling no nonsense captain so kept the job for ages despite being extremely bad and getting sent off every week

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

You're gonna have to be more specific

Was Gallas captain when he sat down and had a big sulk?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Did Robbie Savage ever Captain Derby in their season of hell? Because him.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

Was Gallas captain when he sat down and had a big sulk?

he was in fact Arsenal captain at that point, yes

he later lost the captaincy after saying that his teammates were poo poo bottlers, which was true, and then went to play for Spurs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7739830.stm

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Apparently it's the opposite https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1462344085344292868

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ole just needs time (for the markets to open)

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

This is a sad day.

edit: laurent blanc next, please. who will his 5 teams of doom be this time?

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Nov 21, 2021

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1462367978327089162?s=21

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Ole out is a done deal

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1462367978327089162

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Shameful behaviour from Utd treating one of their legends like that imo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That last line makes it sound like he died lol

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Carrick will be interim interim manager, while they look for an interim manager, while looking for an actual manager for next season

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just had a look at the new manager odds and saw Roberto Martinez at 40/1 which is never happening but lmao if it did

Rip Ole, you just needed time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxRDTfzgpU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

The wording of that tweet suggests that he left voluntarily which is a pretty funny way to phrase it

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Paperhouse posted:

Carrick will be interim interim manager, while they look for an interim manager, while looking for an actual manager for next season

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Ole decided it was time for him to step aside but there's no way he quit because then he wouldn't have got his, I presume, massive severance package

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mr Snips posted:

The wording of that tweet suggests that he left voluntarily which is a pretty funny way to phrase it

Pretty sure they were negotiating a mutual consent release, otherwise it would have cost them a fuckton of money. So technically he probably did leave voluntarily.

CyberPingu posted:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Ole decided it was time for him to step aside but there's no way he quit because then he wouldn't have got his, I presume, massive severance package

Normally I'd agree, but I dont find it entirely impossibly that he agreed to let them off the hook considering his history with the club.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
BRODGERS BRODGERS BRODGERS BRODGERS

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Carrick/Fletcher dream team

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I imagine that it was probably mutual in the sense that he knew he needed to go, and he probably still gets a big pay out though not as much as if he'd been outright fired

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Watford ruining the fun for everyone, hope the cunts get relegated

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Big Sam would do a job

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sebzilla posted:

Carrick/Fletcher dream team

the thing is Carrick is one of the main coaches and Ole apparently didn't even do training sessions that much, lol

don't be surprised if United's form continues to be in the bin

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Having an interim manager for the rest of the season opens the door for all kinds of silly poo poo. Sven in

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
put lindelof in charge, gently caress it, why not

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ronaldo managed Portugal in that Euro final after he got injured. More trophies than Ole in less than 90 minutes. He's already on the payroll too. It's only until the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Good night, sweet prince.