Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Daztek posted:

Kevin Owens tripped and accidentally signed for another 5 years

Thought he was signing his name to resign but he was actually signing his name to re-sign. drat shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Triple H died while in contract so as he is unable to perform his duties his deal will be frozen in perpetuity

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lil punk rear end posters not reading into the vagueness correctly

Rarity posted:

Triple H died while in contract so as he is unable to perform his duties his deal will be frozen in perpetuity

not just his deal but they will also be freezing him so that maybe he can wrestle at wrestlemania 100

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

please respect SRS's vaguery

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Quantum of Phallus posted:

please respect SRS's vaguery

It seems like at least once a week SRS has to reiterate that he will NOT put releases behind the paywall

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
SRS should just say the truth, that the clickbaity headlines for the Fightful paywall stories are never as interesting as they sound so don't assume the news will be bigger than he's implying, it's always smaller!

This isn't to say SRS doesn't do good work, but the reality of a Fightful Select story is generally much less interesting than he makes it sound. So the man has a point.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We regret to inform you the big meathead wrestler who vlogs eating hamburgers in his car is antivax

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryback/status/1462466059156393984

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Isn't there an aluminum can shortage rn?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JUNGLE BOY posted:

not just his deal but they will also be freezing him so that maybe he can wrestle at wrestlemania 100

Finally the unfrozen Nazi gimmick will come to fruition.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pamela Springstein posted:

We regret to inform you the big meathead wrestler who vlogs eating hamburgers in his car is antivax

somebody call Brian Cage and get this man a Tren Kills Covid shirt

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

Whew, I was worried about that one. Glad to know that there are still some things in this whackadoo world that make sense.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

your friend wicka posted:

Isn't there an aluminum can shortage rn?

they seem well stocked

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

karmicknight posted:

Kamiyu stays winning.

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1462470093674192900?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
lmao that Ryback screenshotted his highlight pop-up covering half the headline.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

they don't call him the cornfed meathead for nothing

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Ryback unaware of Covid-19 cause he spent the entire pandemic sitting in his car eating Burger King and talking about how he's definitely going to AEW once he gets that surgery, you guys

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1462479710093520896

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cool. so what are they

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

yea ok posted:

cool. so what are they

Let me go see *runs headfirst into a paywall, staggers back with cartoon birds tweeting and stars circling around his head*

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You're supposed to paint a tunnel on the paywall first idiot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

SRS should just say the truth, that the clickbaity headlines for the Fightful paywall stories are never as interesting as they sound so don't assume the news will be bigger than he's implying, it's always smaller!

This isn't to say SRS doesn't do good work, but the reality of a Fightful Select story is generally much less interesting than he makes it sound. So the man has a point.

I kind of realized this when they posted about a story last week that was like "was there a decree to only allow one women's match a week on Dynamite" and the story turned out to be "nobody has ever said this on either side, Turner just wants whatever is the best TV."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Heres the story

Gresham is set to take on Bandido at the ROH Final Battle for the world championship in December, but he tells the publication that his contract expires at the end of the year. He is preparing to launch his own organization, entitled, “TERMINUS,” which occurs on January 16th in Atlanta.

-It is noted that Gresham has remained incredibly loyal to ROH despite all of the big changes coming ahead, and considers himself a ROH guy “until the end.” There are still some talents who will remain under contract through March of 2022, and will be paid through that period even though ROH won’t be running shows.

Nothing we didn't already know.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thought he was signing his name to resign but he was actually signing his name to re-sign. drat shame.

There's been news that they're offering Gargano insane amounts of money to re-sign, but given the current way WWE does business, they'd cut him two months later anyway.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

There's been news that they're offering Gargano insane amounts of money to re-sign, but given the current way WWE does business, they'd cut him two months later anyway.

They may hit a snag when his wifes currently on the chopping block and he saw what happens with WWE promises when it came to Zelina.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Yup, signing for more money just put a bigger target on your back.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you’re at that Owens/Zayn/Gargano level and you just want to maximise your money, take the fat contract and then when they fire you collect your 90 days of inflated salary and walk into your guaranteed AEW contract anyway.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you’re at that Owens/Zayn/Gargano level and you just want to maximise your money, take the fat contract and then when they fire you collect your 90 days of inflated salary and walk into your guaranteed AEW contract anyway.

You'll likely get less money from AEW so it's not so simple as that.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I'm curious how much Gargano is making now. I know all of those "WWE SALARY" listicles are about as accurate as those Angelfire sites that list DBZ power levels based on nothing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'm curious how much Gargano is making now. I know all of those "WWE SALARY" listicles are about as accurate as those Angelfire sites that list DBZ power levels based on nothing.

Nobody in NXT makes much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

$14 a month

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Good luck to Gresham on his endeavor.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'm positive buu saga ssj2 vegeta's power level was precisely 78,230,000. Do NOT debate me on this

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
https://twitter.com/AJFrancis410/status/1462513965133668353?s=20

On the one hand: good on him for doing a charity thing!

On the other hand: Jesus christ that's a pathetic tweet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Jesus christ that's a pathetic tweet.

???????????????

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

The tweet certainly isn't as bad as the act it announces is noble, but it is a little questionable to announce it in a tweet that is basically worded like "Hey, dirtsheets, look at what a great guy I am! Why aren't you talking about THAT, huh?"

He might want to log off TBH.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maruhkati posted:

The tweet certainly isn't as bad as the act it announces is noble, but it is a little questionable to announce it in a tweet that is basically worded like "Hey, dirtsheets, look at what a great guy I am! Why aren't you talking about THAT, huh?"

He might want to log off TBH.

yeah, he needs to log off

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I'll admit, it's not a charitable read by me, and I've overstated it. And he's done charity work before, so it's not that I doubt that his heart's in it, because it clearly is.

But the way he sent the message out makes it feel a lot less like it's promoting the charity, and more like he's promoting himself. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, sorry.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

No he’s absolutely promoting himself too. It’s not a big deal, nobody should really care about it, but don’t pretend he’s not flexing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

No he’s absolutely promoting himself too. It’s not a big deal, nobody should really care about it, but don’t pretend he’s not flexing.

NienNunb posted:

I don’t care that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I mean, it's not a monocle-popping act of aggression, it's just very slightly weird that he @-ed Dave Meltzer in a tweet announcing a successful food drive.

Even if I thought it were that bad, I'm not gonna jump hard on someone who was just dicked over by Vince McMahon for basically no reason. Would not have used the word "pathetic."

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 21, 2021