Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

greazeball posted:

Also, at this point, if there were side effects, we'd have seen them!

LOL. really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
What long term effects are people expecting? From what I’ve seen almost all adverse effects from vaccines come shortly after they are administered.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

g0lbez posted:

also I can't believe people are defending the FBI not releasing vaccine related information because they only want to budget ten people wtf
write your representative and ask them to support increased staffing levels for foia departments through legislation and the budget.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I mean what were people expecting the FDA to do? Sit on their hands for 10 years while a pandemic rages to wait for long term trial data?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
You're about to find out when the lawsuits start.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Ghostlight posted:

write your representative and ask them to support increased staffing levels for foia departments through legislation and the budget.

you're insane if you think this will do literally anything but waste 10-20 minutes of my time and 10 seconds of whoever receives it to route it to a folder (recycle bin) that will never be looked at again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

sorry, my bad. i'll let you get back to posting on somethingawful.com

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

gay picnic defence posted:

What long term effects are people expecting? From what I’ve seen almost all adverse effects from vaccines come shortly after they are administered.

this is a weird question, do you really think the government or anyone in an official capacity is going to be loudly broadcasting what they expect longterm effects will be?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

I mean what were people expecting the FDA to do? Sit on their hands for 10 years while a pandemic rages to wait for long term trial data?

It's actually 55 years

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Ghostlight posted:

sorry, my bad. i'll let you get back to posting on somethingawful.com

sorry i can't singlehandedly solve this problem by following your lovely suggestion that somehow places the responsibility on me because i don't want to snail mail a complaint

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I hear your dick and balls will explode on the 109th day

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

greazeball posted:

I hear your dick and balls will explode on the 109th day

This is the way

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

g0lbez posted:

this is a weird question, do you really think the government or anyone in an official capacity is going to be loudly broadcasting what they expect longterm effects will be?

I mean they were pretty vocal about mRNA myocarditis and the AZ clots, so presumably if there was any realistic prospect of long term effects from mRNA they’d say something.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

I mean they were pretty vocal about mRNA myocarditis and the AZ clots, so presumably if there was any realistic prospect of long term effects from mRNA they’d say something.

LOL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

hofnar posted:

Still amazed by people who don't think an mrna vaccine can't possibly have unforeseen side effects when it was approved after 108 days.

Do you think that mRNA vaccine technology was developed only 108 days prior to the approval, and unknown before that? If so, is this ignorance willful?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

g0lbez posted:

sorry i can't singlehandedly solve this problem by following your lovely suggestion that somehow places the responsibility on me because i don't want to snail mail a complaint
apology accepted

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

well it's harder to deny what's literally happening, that would just validate tinfoil hat people. it's a lot easier and makes 100x more sense to not start loudly announcing what will potentially happen if there's a chance it wont

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you compare an unvaccinated person living in 2019 and a vaccinated person living in 2022 the biggest risk to the vaccinated person is getting covid-19 anyway.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

tagesschau posted:

Do you think that mRNA vaccine technology was developed only 108 days prior to the approval, and unknown before that? If so, is this ignorance willful?

This is the poo poo I'm talking about. Do you want to talk about this or just delete any conversation that doesn't align with your opinion 100%

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I mean it sounds like they're requesting the entirety of the approval data and not just the trial data which is dumb as hell on their part because they're going to get 100,000 pages of packaging, manufacturing, process and other data that doesn't matter and absolutely does need to be reviewed for trade secrets.

Surely these thousand pages debating the colouring of the box containing the vaccine vials will be the smoking gun blowing this whole conspiracy open!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

g0lbez posted:

well it's harder to deny what's literally happening, that would just validate tinfoil hat people. it's a lot easier and makes 100x more sense to not start loudly announcing what will potentially happen if there's a chance it wont

Don't keep us in suspense, what's literally happening and what will potentially happen?

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

No vaccine can ever be approved without 100 years of trial data. You just don’t know what it could do!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

hofnar posted:

This is the poo poo I'm talking about. Do you want to talk about this or just delete any conversation that doesn't align with your opinion 100%

I just posted the history of the mRNA vaccine on the last page dude. Is that just all made up?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Were there any concerns raised about potential long term effects of mRNA vaccines back when this technology was being researched and developed? Can you raise an actual concern based on the chemical makeup of the current vaccines?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm just asking questions.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

What long term effects are people expecting?

I'd say I expect increased life expectancy as one long term effect.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

hofnar posted:

This is the poo poo I'm talking about.

How is it "the poo poo you're talking about?" You're the one claiming that mRNA vaccines were an unknown quantity until very recently, but have posted nothing to back that up.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

greazeball posted:

Don't keep us in suspense, what's literally happening and what will potentially happen?

the myocarditis and blood clots are the current (but very rare) side effects and i'm not sure of any potential long term effects aside from ADE which from what i understand can happen with any vaccine

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
People are asking me questions, help I'm being oppressed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm 100% concerned with possible effects from the vaccine, like any vaccine, but your whole argument is "what if?!" You are arguing something with absolutely zero evidence.

Provide some evidence of possible long term side effects and then get back to us.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

g0lbez posted:

i'm not sure of any potential long term effects

oh, nm

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

g0lbez posted:

the myocarditis and blood clots are the current (but very rare) side effects and i'm not sure of any potential long term effects aside from ADE which from what i understand can happen with any vaccine

Are there any good effects of this vaccine? Does it in any way balance out the extremely rare side effects?

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo
Sure. Enjoy.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...9-vaccinations/

https://www.fda.gov/media/153409/download

Google is your friend

hofnar fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 21, 2021

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gateway pundit, get the gently caress out of here.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

This make a whole lot more sense now.

loving :lol:

Guys. Don't bother engaging this person. It's futile. Seriously.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This make a whole lot more sense now.

what color che shirt are you wearing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

imagine how embarrassed i'll be in the future when the mrna vaccine gets around to making my sperm turn to dust while all the people who instead got covid get their dna rewritten to make them insanely hot and alive.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pacerhimself posted:

gateway pundit, get the gently caress out of here.

Yeah, if anyone is unfamiliar with them they're a rightwing propaganda/misinformation organization.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Your evidence of serious long term effects is the VRBPAC meeting where the conclusion was there was basically the same number of adverse events between the placebo and vaccine groups from 1 month to the data cutoff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hofnar posted:

what color che shirt are you wearing

:lol:

Jesus you're the best kind of terrible.