Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Bears, The

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

After every bears loss I think to myself "That is the most Bears way to lose a game"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Bears, The

No team that knows German could be bad!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

The Lions finally have an RB who can get 100+ yards on the ground every week, and now they have QB’s who can’t throw for 100.

it's like poetry, it rhymes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/1462536883737612291

:sickos:

LETS loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Bold prediction: The Thanksgiving Bears/Lions game will be one of the worst games of football anyone has ever seen.

By the end, the survivors will envy the dead.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/1462537005724839940?t=x1psrEc3YoZziZQ7vEAyIA&s=19

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I was wondering about this, what a dumbo
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1462534211156516866

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Interesting statistical tidbit in the AP writeup of the Vikings-Packers game: the Packers had given up 34 points combined in the last three games. Today, the Minnesota Vikings scored 34 points, and won the game.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thaddius the Large posted:

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Vaccines make you sick.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Bold prediction: The Thanksgiving Bears/Lions game will be one of the worst games of football anyone has ever seen.

A tradition unlike any other

I'm remembering fondly last year's game against Houston where their first 5 drives went

Touchdown
Pick-six
Fumble
(recovered fumble on the next play)
Fumble
Touchdown

and then Patricia got thrown out on his rear end.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

:thunk:

Going to have to pace the beers during Bears-Lions to make it to dinner. Or not.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/HamzaPOD/status/1462536691504267272

weird definition of fun but ok

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Interesting statistical tidbit in the AP writeup of the Vikings-Packers game: the Packers had given up 34 points combined in the last three games. Today, the Minnesota Vikings scored 34 points, and won the game.

So the Packers can get by with no Za’Darius Smith and no Jaire Alexander, but adding no Rashaun Gary on top of that is the breaking point. Good to know.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Cousins almost doubled his interceptions that game, but he didn't! Let's goooooo!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Kirk better than Rodgers? (I'm not a huge Kirk fan, he puts up good numbers against mostly bad teams and crumbles against good teams. Guess the Packers by this definition are a Bad Team.)

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So the Packers can get by with no Za’Darius Smith and no Jaire Alexander, but adding no Rashaun Gary on top of that is the breaking point. Good to know.

Yes Gary has been sneaky Very Good for a while and just plain Very Good most recently, it is not a huge surprise to struggle without your two best pass rushers.

The offense being utter poo poo for the first half and a flukey roughing the passer slip-up were not helpful, still not sure what to make of the overturned interception, but the secondary was partially bad today. Jefferson and Thielen are good if a little chippy, the lack of Jaire hurts very much against them.

The front was good, even for not having 2 (.5?) very important players.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirPablo posted:

Kirk better than Rodgers? (I'm not a huge Kirk fan, he puts up good numbers against mostly bad teams and crumbles against good teams. Guess the Packers by this definition are a Bad Team.)

The a packers are missing what are arguably their three best defensive players.

The more interesting thing is the offens didn’t wake up till the second half

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

SirPablo posted:

:hmmyes:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm actually very excited to watch the game for precisely this reason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The good thing that can be taken is hopefully the Packers offense has shaken off that slump they have had for a bit.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm not even making a turkey this Thanksgiving, because I know the Bears/Lions will be bringing one.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Being able to see the entirety of the bears offense in two Twitter clips was pretty nice

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

It's Football Americain you heathen

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Rodgers has long COVID toe and probably going to be hampered all season

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

So is he a Lions fan or Bears fan?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's Football Americain you heathen

Kirk Cousins serves up Football Americano with extra water

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
turns out no vaccine > eating clay

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

I really feel Kirk has been failed by coaching.

Like the dude isn't even catered-to on this team... despite the payout. Hopefully the next GM / coach combo is on page when our window is open with a decently stacked team.

We all know what's happening if the Vikings get this Wild Card spot.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think losing to the lions on thanksgiving is the one thing that can get Nagy fired mid season. Glory be.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

I think losing to the lions on thanksgiving is the one thing that can get Nagy fired mid season. Glory be.

Bears are gonna win easy, 23-13

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I am not a Nagy defender by any means and have understood his terribleness for awhile but I literally cannot believe that he burned the last timeout on an extra point to instead decide to go for 2 pts which we missed, meaning that even if the Bears had gotten far enough down the field without that timeout, we would be kicking an FG to tie instead of win.

At this point, and after he refused to let the refs take the fall for the Steelers loss, I 100% think there's some clause in Nagy's contract that he gets some payout if he gets fired before it ends, and he just literally wants to be cut loose at this point.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ghosthorse posted:

turns out no vaccine > eating clay

I wouldn’t rule out Kirk also eating clay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dear Lions,
Cut Goff
Cut Boyle
Cut Blough

Sign COLT MCCOY

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Lions will not show up for this game.

Fanbase wants David Blough.......................

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HootTheOwl posted:

Last year's Thanksgiving Miracle was the jettisoning of Patricia. Maybe it'll happen again.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
I'm no expert but I wouldn't bet on the lions firing Mathew Patricia again

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1462590402347868171?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grevlek posted:

I'm no expert but I wouldn't bet on the lions firing Mathew Patricia again

Be a good way to get fanbase morale up, though.