Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
elect 👏 more 👏 progressive 👏 DAs!

https://twitter.com/chesaboudin/status/1462147099017969664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

if "single party regime" is a dictatorship then the US is a dictatorship

agreed

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Nastier Nate posted:

just because their jobs are obsolete doesnt mean they need to be put down

maybe they can learn to code

I would think cop unions would push back against legalization but its pretty apparent at this point that they are going to be getting a lot of work and funding this coming decade so the plunder from pot busts won't be so needed for their bottom line

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Someone please put up the photo of the Feinstein-era City Hall with the guy climbing up to yank off the Confederate flag (only to get busted when he got back down).

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Going into the villages to win over hearts and minds

https://twitter.com/TelegraphWorld/status/1462508096539009025

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i am gonna vote for chesa boudin to own the libs lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH8owcMHc34

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol it's gonna somehow be worse than Zuck's listening tour

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/1462442645825929223?s=20

2022 lookin real bad for the dems

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

This is very bad advice, Hillary's numbers went down the more people saw of her. But maybe that's the point.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bizarre - the ‘fate’ of HRC was losing support as she got more exposed! People liked the *idea* of Hillary, which is why she started with high support, but the actual person continuously lost it over time in every race she ever ran in. And Kamala isn’t starting with anything like her favorables.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao openly admitting it means pure disaster for markets and peoples livelihoods next year

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LGD posted:

Bizarre - the ‘fate’ of HRC was losing support as she got more exposed! People liked the *idea* of Hillary, which is why she started with high support, but the actual person continuously lost it over time in every race she ever ran in. And Kamala isn’t starting with anything like her favorables.

It's also why Obama destroyed Crooked Hillary, since in his prime he had natural charisma and savage sense of humor how he want after her supposed "political invincible" image.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this is more asian outreach than biden is going to do over the entire next two years put together lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I would not want to associate the phrase "hearts and minds" with a candidate like Kamala Harris, given the historical context

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Things like having charisma are supposedly a must have trait for a public-facing job but it seems lost of the dem establishment.

Let's stake the future on the party on such likable options such as Mayor Rat and Kamala Harris.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

lol it's gonna somehow be worse than Zuck's listening tour

Zuck's 50 state totally not a feeler for a presidential run tour ended with Zuckerberg concluding he shouldn't run for president. We're not nearly lucky enough for Kamala to come to the same conclusion

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

this is more asian outreach than biden is going to do over the entire next two years put together lol

Biden does have an Asian outreach program though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_from_U.S._drone_strikes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Zuck's 50 state totally not a feeler for a presidential run tour ended with Zuckerberg concluding he shouldn't run for president. We're not nearly lucky enough for Kamala to come to the same conclusion

He gave up the trip after getting tired of having to shoot so many forced perspective shots to make himself look taller.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I honestly think when the history of this decade is written (either by the Chinese or some aliens doing anthropology on our fallen society) the title of it will be called "The Empire Comes Home"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Every day I understand a bit more why the Weimar fell to fascism and why it deserved to.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Nothus posted:

2022 lookin real bad for the dems

malaise gang

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Every day I understand a bit more why the Weimar fell to fascism and why it deserved to.

I'm guessing that everyone's favorite cynic Chris Hedges is gonna be right about the future of the US political system.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

He only gave up after the FB board made it clear he couldn’t retain control if he was in office. At no point did that wee dweeb doubt himself or his right to rule the hoi polloi

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/1462552198311780360 lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

what's different about her is she didn't get a single vote in the primary

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

He only gave up after the FB board made it clear he couldn’t retain control if he was in office. At no point did that wee dweeb doubt himself or his right to rule the hoi polloi

He wanted to be the next Emperor Augustus.

But he just ended up being a Commodus like brain trapped inside Oblivion character model

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bedpan posted:

national weed store but you have to get piss tested for authorization to buy

A simple common sense solution.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

what's different about her is she didn't get a single vote in the primary

To be fair I think most recent VPs and VP candidates didn't get any primary votes. It does make me think back to 2016 when Clinton picked a right wing Senator from Virginia to shore up her conservative support instead of reading the canary in the mine that a leftwing campaign designed not to win but push her on a few issuees gave her planned uncontested primary a run for her money.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Eggplant Squire posted:

To be fair I think most recent VPs and VP candidates didn't get any primary votes. It does make me think back to 2016 when Clinton picked a right wing Senator from Virginia to shore up her conservative support instead of reading the canary in the mine that a leftwing campaign designed not to win but push her on a few issuees gave her planned uncontested primary a run for her money.

Well in Kamala it was more rich in her case since her campaign and Khive supporters tried to pitch her as the next Obama chosen one.

Then she ran out of money in December and then laid off the whole state campaign staff.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Eggplant Squire posted:

Sure, but the thing with Kamala is, she has no achievements under her belt. Neither did Kaine, but he ended up being a liability to an already unexciting Hillary anyway. Like, the idea that the media has turned on her when she was a completely media-created phenomenon anyway, who did nothing during the Kavanaugh hearings, did nothing about legalizing marijuana despite being in that 13th Amendment documentary, did nothing really in the primaries since it's not like her volley into Biden knocked him out of contention, who got owned by a woman who is now doing auditions to be Tucker Carlson's Vanna White... it just makes me laugh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
saw this at the library today while picking out some books for my kid

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

BraveUlysses posted:

saw this at the library today while picking out some books for my kid

kamala is speaking

rated R

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

etalian posted:

Well in Kamala it was more rich in her case since her campaign and Khive supporters tried to pitch her as the next Obama chosen one.

Then she ran out of money in December and then laid off the whole state campaign staff.

Yeah it was very clear she was the party favorite specifically since they moved up California. No one in the party saw her flaming out so early.

People saw Floyd was the reason the Klob didn't get the VP spot but I'm convinced it was going to be Harris because the Clinton faction wanted to make a power play.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why did i post this in the thread about the party that took power in the united states ten months ago oh no reason

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dreylad posted:

i always think of that episode of Atlanta where Zazie Beetz's character goes through incredible lengths to try to cheat the drug test, and gives up and admits it to her supposed sympathetic boss, finds out they never bother testing most of the samples anyway and gets fired on the spot

remember the Biden staffers who got fired for admitting to Cannabis Abuse? lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Also, Kamala has one of the most unpleasant voices in Congress. Just zero charisma. No real poetry to her speeches either. I don't understand her devotees at all.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Obama was just a refinement on Bill Clinton. The smooth talker who oozes charisma, appeals to minority voters, and knows how to talk positively about the economy while gutting its foundations. If you hate Obama, which you should, you should have nothing but searing contempt for Bill (and Hillary, but mainly Bill)

Man this is such revisionist history bullshit

Clinton had the unenviable job of pulling this country back to the left from Reagan’s trickle down conservatism that dominated American culture (Look at every election since Nixon became president the country was predominately RED up to 1992) he also had to deal with a republican majority in congress and senate just like Obama did.

Despite all that, the Clinton administration left our country with a surplus of wealth, a safer country, and the last time we had a strong economy where everyone could find decent work. So let’s cut the poo poo.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Noob Saibot posted:

Man this is such revisionist history bullshit

Clinton had the unenviable job of pulling this country back to the left from Reagan’s trickle down conservatism that dominated American culture (Look at every election since Nixon became president the country was predominately RED up to 1992) he also had to deal with a republican majority in congress and senate just like Obama did.

Despite all that, the Clinton administration left our country with a surplus of wealth, a safer country, and the last time we had a strong economy where everyone could find decent work. So let’s cut the poo poo.

shut up, moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

Also, Kamala has one of the most unpleasant voices in Congress. Just zero charisma. No real poetry to her speeches either. I don't understand her devotees at all.

no really I love to be lectured by my slightly tipsy, bossy aunt