Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think that entire last like what 15 minutes at table was some of the most astonishing stuff I've seen in a movie/tv show in a long time. It's been a while since a show could make me feel that tense for just like a full on 15 minutes.

I find Silco extremely interesting. Silco is not a good person, regardless of society and sort of Singe making him this way. But that last episode showed a lot of the cracks that have formed in Silco since Jinx came into his life. It is actually genuinely sad when Jinx kills him and he says he wouldn't have given her up. On top of being a good parallel to Vander. I think the relationship Silco and Jinx have is really interesting too, he definitely grew to love Jinx like his own daughter.

HOW EV ER

That does come with a big glowing asterisk because obviously Silco was a huge influence in Jinx becoming what she is today. Their relationship was not healthy, he's in general a pretty bad person, and despite the genuine affection that Silco gets for her, he's by no means a good father to her. I'm kind of concerned by how many people are posting on twitter or whatever about how it turns out Silco really DID love Jinx, poor dad, didn't deserve to die :( etc etc. I think there's a part of Silco and Jinx's relationship that it is sad when she kills him, but the entire situation is pretty hosed up at the same time. Folks really need to look beyond his death scene and look at the bigger reality of his relationship with Jinx

Also I really liked not just Silco's stuff with Jinx but also the last few episodes showed other ways he wasn't fully as in control as he thought he was. Finn was way too overconfident and Sevika saw right through him, but they made a point of showing Silco still being pretty shaken when she kills him, showing that he wasn't actually fully sure if she was going to betray him or not. And she even implies that if it were someone who she actually believed would be better than Silco she would've betrayed him. And I also REALLY liked the little interaction between Silco and Jayce. Silco, this big crime boss who the whole show has been shown to be this powerful villain who always seems to have the upper hand, ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT in that little moment with Jayce. Jayce has every bit of power there, Silco has basically no cards to play. It was really fun watching him basically not have the upper hand for once, and there wasn't even any action in that scene. It was all a big dialogue scene. I loved it. When Jayce with confidence said "Your people wouldn't stand a chance" and you see Silco's face change, I loved that.

Lid posted:

I appreciated in the scene with Caitlyn in a nightgown they didn't draw her as a waif. She had significantly muscular arms which would make sense as she's an enforcer.

Also so next season... its going to be Zaum and Noxus involved... now who do we know from Noxus that ends up in Zaum?

"You do not know strength, until you are broken."

If Noxus becomes more involved I would like it if Kled came with it. I want to see the big imposing character that is Mel's mom next to Kled. I would love that visual dynamic. Reading the lore it also sounds like he's also pretty high ranking in the Noxus military or whatever which I also think is great.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Silco is a very interesting character, and I'm glad they went more than just making him evil crime lord, abusive father figure. He's not a good person or a good father, but he does genuinely love Jinx and wants Zaun to rise up, even if he goes about it in all the wrong ways.

I think the scene where he's drinking next to a memorial to Vander and talking to his dead friend/enemy does a lot of heavy lifting, especially when he pours out a measure for him.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

One thing that I appreciated about the ending was that it wasn't a big action set piece, but a more personal scene for the most part. It was an intense scene, but there wasn't a shoehorned in big final battle to end the season. I thought there was going to be some Vi vs Jinx fight to end the season, but I'm glad the end wasn't that. Jinx jinxing it one last time - and the parallel between end of ep 3 and ep 9. Despite her wild firing fatally wounding him, Silco spent his final moments trying his best to reassure her - a stark contrast to Vi's reaction in ep 3, where everything for Powder looked like Vi abandoning her for good in the darkest moment of her life.

Man the final scenes were strong.

SirSamVimes posted:

Silco is a very interesting character, and I'm glad they went more than just making him evil crime lord, abusive father figure. He's not a good person or a good father, but he does genuinely love Jinx and wants Zaun to rise up, even if he goes about it in all the wrong ways.

I think the scene where he's drinking next to a memorial to Vander and talking to his dead friend/enemy does a lot of heavy lifting, especially when he pours out a measure for him.

Silco's arc was real good yeah.

SpiritOfLenin fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 21, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao that the final shot of the season is jinx ulting

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

lmao that the final shot of the season is jinx ulting

and getting at least a pentakill.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

teagone posted:

I went it not really expecting much out of a Netflix animated joint. But yeah, as the story progressed and escalated, I was genuinely taken aback by how good the writing and world building was. The character work is phenomenal. That the show is so stunningly beautiful elevates its meaty narrative further.

If it helps, that might be because Netflix is just releasing it. I don't think they have anything much else to do with it. (Certainly not the budget.)

thebardyspoon posted:

and getting at least a pentakill.

"Fishbones, we're doin' it!" now takes on the air of tragedy.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SpiritOfLenin posted:

One thing that I appreciated about the ending was that it wasn't a big action set piece, but a more personal scene for the most part. It was an intense scene, but there wasn't a shoehorned in big final battle to end the season. I thought there was going to be some Vi vs Jinx fight to end the season, but I'm glad the end wasn't that. Jinx jinxing it one last time - and the parallel between end of ep 3 and ep 9. Despite her wild firing fatally wounding him, Silco spent his final moments trying his best to reassure her - a stark contrast to Vi's reaction in ep 3, where everything for Powder looked like Vi abandoning her for good in the darkest moment of her life.

They made a lot of surprisingly strong choices with the writing in the final two episodes. In episode 8, there's the expertly done tonal whiplash with the chemtank fight. It's a really unique thing to do for an adaptation, because it's something that I think will hit actual League players even harder than naive viewers. It's the moment where Vi has her gauntlets and Jayce has his hammer-cannon, and they're doing all the moves you see in the game with all the sound effects and VFX you recognize to a slammin' PVRIS soundtrack, and then Jayce accidentally shoots a kid stone cold dead and all the excitement goes cold in your gut. In a worse adaptation, this would be the big moment all the fans are hyped up for, and they use that expectation against the audience in such a brilliant way.

I think what I appreciate most about episode 9 is that Powder's final transition into Jinx is done somberly and without bombast. In a typical screenplay, Powder shooting her foster dad dead in a moment of deranged panic would be the final nail in the coffin that makes her snap like a violin string and go properly anime crazy, but she instead gains this almost preternatural lucidity of who she's become and the path she's chosen to follow. Her sitting down in the Jinx chair and quietly admitting to Vi that they can never go back to who they once were is so, so much more bone-chillingly disquieting and emotionally devastating than her smiling manically into a Dutch angle would've been.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dawgstar posted:

If it helps, that might be because Netflix is just releasing it. I don't think they have anything much else to do with it. (Certainly not the budget.)

The general Netflix strategy of buying up everything and seeing what sticks led me to believe that maybe this was them just cashing in on a well-known IP that they procured. I did have passing knowledge that the folks who put together the first K/DA MV were gonna be animating it, which was the underlying reason why I was gonna give the show a shot. That it turned out to be this prestige-level, character-driven, crazy-rear end steampunk-like fantasy magic actioner with strong narrative and character work threw me for a loop.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

I think what I appreciate most about episode 9 is that Powder's final transition into Jinx is done somberly and without bombast. In a typical screenplay, Powder shooting her foster dad dead in a moment of deranged panic would be the final nail in the coffin that makes her snap like a violin string and go properly anime crazy, but she instead gains this almost preternatural lucidity of who she's become and the path she's chosen to follow. Her sitting down in the Jinx chair and quietly admitting to Vi that they can never go back to who they once were is so, so much more bone-chillingly disquieting and emotionally devastating than her smiling manically into a Dutch angle would've been.

To add onto this:

Jinx's decision to sit in the Jinx chair was the first time in the entire show there wasn't voices behind her dialogue. She was fully aware and made the choice herself with no "influence". It's the small things that the show does in the background detail that does so much.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I'm avoiding potential spoilers by not reading the past 90 or so posts but I've just got to say hot drat is this an amazing show with significant emotional depth. I was totally blindsided by the first act. Just amazing.

I went digging for information about the creatives behind the plot and I've found this interview article with Christian Linke and Alex Yee which was illuminating. If this has been posted before, apologies in advance.

https://knews.uk/arcane-interview-league-of-legends-breaks-the-video-game-movie-curse-2/

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Open Source Idiom posted:

Not fully up to date on the show, but I suspect a lot of this is down to Tencent and Chinese distribution; there's nothing in the seven episodes I've seen that couldn't be vanished as easily a line from a Bond film, or a photograph from a Star Trek, or whatever.

I mentioned this already and vermain already made some good points about this but I think them being clearly into eachother is a big part of jinx's motivations in act 3; you COULD handle it the same way with them just being platonic partners but several of jinx's lines/hallucinations and her seeing them together on the bridge indicate pretty strongly that she realizes they're an item and is hurt by it. It's the big sister equivalent of a kid getting mad about mom's new boyfriend, and that makes total sense with her abandonment issues with vi

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In case anyone is interested, the 6+ year old release trailer for Ekko in league of legends, the art and themes are still pretty close to Arcane way back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEpp9lkfxA

One for warwick while I'm at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnDbealN9E

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 21, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm glad they turned Ekko's goofy mohawk into braids kind of like his True Damage skin.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macaluso posted:

If Noxus becomes more involved I would like it if Kled came with it. I want to see the big imposing character that is Mel's mom next to Kled. I would love that visual dynamic. Reading the lore it also sounds like he's also pretty high ranking in the Noxus military or whatever which I also think is great.

Unfortunately this is moderately unlikely because Kled isn’t officially part of any Noxian Military. He’s more folk story than active member of society compared to Heimerdinger. His main deal is that he’s a reflection of Noxian ideals, in that he believes that everything is his property and belongs to him, and everyone else should get off. He’ll just as soon fight the Noxians as work with them, and is intentionally themed after a crazy wilderness survivalist from the South. His full rank is him coming up with something lengthy and nonsensical.

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm glad they turned Ekko's goofy mohawk into braids kind of like his True Damage skin.

It looks super good yeah.

argosaxelcaos
Apr 26, 2017
Just finished watching it with my parents, and without saying anything more it managed to get two 60+ years old persons that never watch cartoons or even like anything violent or actiony glued to the screen 3 times for over two hours.

It's just that good. I want to watch It again with my brother and the prospect of watching it all over again is awesome instead of "I want to see him react".

Also I want a goddamn Blu-ray set because I could watch It frame by frame looking at the presentation and symbology and loving gorgeous animation.

Also I'm super glad for a 2nd season, but many people are saying that the ending was incomplete, but the story always was Jinx's origin story. It would be like saying Joker was incomplete because he escapes in the riot and the movie ended

Edit: Also, Silco loving Jinx, ok. Silco being a good dad, NO. How effed Up must have been those years with him that her brain completely rewired any fear response with laughter? Fear of being abandoned? Chuckle. Sevika getting in her face? Chuckle. Stapling shut a wound without anaesthetic? Laughter. Without even mentioned the obvious PSTD, lost time and schizophrenia...Silco is na rear end in a top hat that poisons everything he touches, while caring about it, and that is what makes him interesting.

argosaxelcaos fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 21, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lord_Magmar posted:

Unfortunately this is moderately unlikely because Kled isn’t officially part of any Noxian Military. He’s more folk story than active member of society compared to Heimerdinger. His main deal is that he’s a reflection of Noxian ideals, in that he believes that everything is his property and belongs to him, and everyone else should get off. He’ll just as soon fight the Noxians as work with them, and is intentionally themed after a crazy wilderness survivalist from the South. His full rank is him coming up with something lengthy and nonsensical.

They should do it anyway

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In case anyone is interested, the 6+ year old release trailer for Ekko in league of legends, the art and themes are still pretty close to Arcane way back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEpp9lkfxA

Similarly, there was the Annie origins video in like 2018 that had an oil painting style as well. Not as polished as arcane, but the styles are pretty similar looking back at it.

As for the show itself, I thought it was great and I just hope they choose to produce similar series focused on other regions. Piltover is fun, but theyre basically tapped out on the interesting characters in this region. I'd like to see a true noxus series, or like a series of one-off episodes telling shadow isles stories down the line.

And as for the series in general (not really spoilers but I'll tag it) I'm curious to see how they keep these shows compelling knowing they need everyone to live to make sense in league lore. Basically from the start I assumed any character that isn't an active roster champion was expendable... And that's almost exactly what has happened. In a way might make some things more compelling for viewers with no background in this game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Primetime posted:

I'm curious to see how they keep these shows compelling knowing they need everyone to live to make sense in league lore. Basically from the start I assumed any character that isn't an active roster champion was expendable... And that's almost exactly what has happened. In a way might make some things more compelling for viewers with no background in this game.

Really curious how they're gonna make this work after that last scene. Viktor and Chase should NOT be able to survive what is about to happen to them. I'm wondering if Mel is gonna unleash some hidden shield power or something

argosaxelcaos
Apr 26, 2017

Primetime posted:

I'm curious to see how they keep these shows compelling knowing they need everyone to live to make sense in league lore. Basically from the start I assumed any character that isn't an active roster champion was expendable... And that's almost exactly what has happened. In a way might make some things more compelling for viewers with no background in this game.

I don't want to be overly obsequious, but at least on my end they got it covered. at Jinx's tea party I knew who would walk away and who probably wouldn't, and it still was incredibly tense.

Macaluso posted:

Really curious how they're gonna make this work after that last scene. Viktor and Chase should NOT be able to survive what is about to happen to them. I'm wondering if Mel is gonna unleash some hidden shield power or something

They were furthest from the window I think, and I don't think they would shy away from the drama of Mel getting killed in front of Jayce right as he tried to make peace.

Maybe Viktor pushes him back and ends up needing more augmentation?

I'm more interested in Cait's mom. In lore SHE'S alive, but we are deviating from lore here...

argosaxelcaos fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 21, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vermain posted:

Yeah, the only narrative that really gets finished in the first season is Powder is truly dead.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I think this is the most likely route. That gold cladding isn't normally on the back of her dress, and the camera draws an awful lot of attention to it and the weird chiming it makes. It does makes sense for Mel as a character: she comes from a family of people deeply involved in power politics, and the possibility of getting backstabbed - and finding sufficient protection against it - is definitely in their wheelhouse. Hell, it might've been something her mom slipped into her wardrobe on her visit, well aware of the highly likely possibility that the Council would be targeted.

It might also be a good setup for more drama down the line, too. I could see a world where either Mel or Jayce get severely injured, even with magical protection, and the only thing that might potentially save them is the Hexcore. Caitlyn's mother dying would also be a solid moment of character angst for Caitlyn - and form a real pain point between her and Vi - because she'd absolutely blame herself for not pulling the trigger and killing Jinx when she had the chance.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I got some locket of the iron solari vibes from that thing. Which wouldn't be Noxus related but yeah at the very least it was hinting at some kind of protection.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Jinx is 0-3 on the whole father thing eh.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

acumen posted:

I got some locket of the iron solari vibes from that thing. Which wouldn't be Noxus related but yeah at the very least it was hinting at some kind of protection.

That's what some of the arcane subreddit thinks too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcane/comments/qz12zx/i_dont_know_if_anyone_posted_this_or_not_but_holy/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How do you end a show there?!?!?!?!??!?! God drat what an incredible series. Not a single bad episode. Not a single bad moment. With such incredible art direction and style. It's been ages since I've been impressed so much by a film/show. Also, doing a little digging at some of the characters and how they are in LoL it's loving crazy how they brought some of their elements into the show. (ep. 7-9 spoiler) So Ekko's deal in the game is that he can manipulate time. His fight with powder? Framed as the game they used to play. Getting her to shoot the way she used to. Remembering how he dodged his shots. Then it all rewinds back to the present and we see him get to her. loving incredible. And Jynx's ult in-game is literally the mega death rocket she shot at the council.

I can't even begin to imagine how loving cool all this poo poo must be if you're aware of all these little call backs and previous knowledge of the characters from the game and whatever other sources they picked from.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't even begin to imagine how loving cool all this poo poo must be if you're aware of all these little call backs and previous knowledge of the characters from the game and whatever other sources they picked from.

Oh yeah, that's been a hell of a treat. Singed for example is a favorite character of mine because he is a ton of fun to play as and he's written as a big villain in a world filled with them. The show presents a bit more of a softer side to him with his conversations with Viktor, Silco and Rio but man do they lean on him being even more horrifying and him being a bit batshit. That bit when you see a bit of his bandages unravel at his mouth while he's performing on Powder to save her life and he's grinning was some straight up horror poo poo that I loved. A lot of the champs have some pretty basic flavor to them that a lot of us grew attached to and they've been writing short stories and some comics to flesh them out but seeing them on a show proper is extremely enjoyable.

I won't spoil anything about him either but I'm really curious as to what point does Viktor become who League of Legends players know him to be. My guess is because the hexcore granting him the empowered limbs but forcibly knocked him out when he tried to destroy it might cause him to lob off those limbs and replace them with machines and wholeheartedly reject magic. It'll be fun to see where they go from here.

At the end in addition to all of it I appreciated the rocket having additional bits on it open up to accelerate it to send it flying even faster, just like in the game too! [/spoiler]

SirSamVimes posted:

I dig the mohawk personally but either look is great

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 22, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

For the Viktor thing the limbs he’s getting from the Hexcore look super robotic/metallic anyway. I think he might feed more of himself into it until he’s full robot. Especially if say, he just got heavily injured in a giant explosion and Jayce is trying anything at all to save his life.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You know my first thought was the hexcore wasn't going anywhere because in-game he upgrades the hexcore throughout the game, then I remembered a few years ago they axed the hexcore for gameplay reasons taking up a item slot, so that means it doesn't have plot armor from the game :shrug:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You know my first thought was the hexcore wasn't going anywhere because in-game he upgrades the hexcore throughout the game, then I remembered a few years ago they axed the hexcore for gameplay reasons taking up a item slot, so that means it doesn't have plot armor from the game :shrug:

The passive still feels like he’s upgrading the Hexcore. He farms Hex Fragments from killing minions and champions and uses them to upgrade his abilities.

But reasonable point on the no plot armour.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

DurosKlav posted:

Jinx is 0-3 on the whole father thing eh.

More like 1/1/1

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also will use this thread to mention I like what they have been doing with their female characters lately from a visual standpoint, it's come a long way from every character having as much skin as possible and exposed cleavage to appeal to the horny male demo.

It's a big difference between the old and new style, though these days they are aiming to appeal to the horny female demo with their champions.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the new Caitlyn design owns, I'm glad they got rid of the old one because it was cringe to use the OG skin.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vi's a less obvious example of how much League's writing and aesthetics have evolved from the bad ol' days, especially since the current Arcane showrunners worked on her original bio. She was released back in 2012 when "overly violent cowboy cop" was still largely a funny movie archetype in the public eye, and not the ugly on-the-streets reality it's proven to been. It makes me glad it took them as long as it did to put this out, because I think it would've been very easy to put out something deeply insensitive without the benefit of nearly a decade of tragedy to make them understand the need to do this right.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 22, 2021

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Had to watch Act 3 on a tiny phone screen due to Thanksgiving traveling, but god. drat.

I despise the MOBA, but am now incredibly invested in the setting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

quote:

With "Arcane" finding success, Riot isn't done building out the world of "League of Legends" or its other IP like the first-person shooter game "Valorant."

"'Arcane' is the launch pad for what I believe will be many stories," Spenley said. "We're going to double down with Fortiche in building out stories in the 'Arcane' visual style. We're exploring live-action projects and talking to writers and showrunners. We're in the beginning stages of building out the direction we want to take."

https://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-arcane-riot-games-league-of-legends-2021-11

Feel like live action league of legends would be a mistake. I think the animation medium is perfect and the house style they are developing with Arcane is THE best video game-adjacent aesthetic they could possibly have. Still love that they are doubling down with Fortiche :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t know what it’ll be nominated for but Arcane should sweep anything it gets a nods for.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 22, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also will use this thread to mention I like what they have been doing with their female characters lately from a visual standpoint, it's come a long way from every character having as much skin as possible and exposed cleavage to appeal to the horny male demo.

It's a big difference between the old and new style, though these days they are aiming to appeal to the horny female demo with their champions.

It's not like they've stopped doing sex appeal designs, they've just wisely started 1) giving the more skimpy designs to characters that it actually makes sense for 2) making extremely horny designs for male characters too.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sett and Viego :swoon:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
the biggest complaints about skins in the league community has gone from "too many skins for the most popular female characters" to "too many skins that make the champion a hot shirtless boy" and if thats not societal progress i dont know what is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How do you end a show there?!?!?!?!??!?! God drat what an incredible series. Not a single bad episode. Not a single bad moment. With such incredible art direction and style. It's been ages since I've been impressed so much by a film/show. Also, doing a little digging at some of the characters and how they are in LoL it's loving crazy how they brought some of their elements into the show. (ep. 7-9 spoiler) So Ekko's deal in the game is that he can manipulate time. His fight with powder? Framed as the game they used to play. Getting her to shoot the way she used to. Remembering how he dodged his shots. Then it all rewinds back to the present and we see him get to her. loving incredible. And Jynx's ult in-game is literally the mega death rocket she shot at the council.

Jinx has been my favorite champion/character for a long time. It's pretty rad.