Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I always took it Jadis is seeing what is "supposed" to happen. As in, what's happened in all the other time loops. But the prophecy is broken this time - didn't Juggernaut Star say she is responsible for that, by kidnapping Zaid before he could be named successor?

MikeJF posted:

My interpretation of that is that she was trying to say Zaid is the chosen Successor and that he is that and the 'true' heir. But as it turns out Zoss's chosen successor isn't necessarily the one who ends up being the Rising King, Zoss isn't all-wise after all. He hosed up, his heir was taken, he jammed it into a random girl, and that random girl is going to succeed where his heirs all failed.

Could also have been that Zoss decided, gently caress it, I'm going to try and break the cycle by doing something off the wall and picking someone random instead of someone worthy of being the successor. It probably won't work, but at least there's a chance it might go different. He even says, "I thought it might turn out differently this time" in the vault.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I'm like 90% sure Allison has been called Little Mouse once before in the comic. Was it Himself? Or was it Preem Nand?

Fake Edit - Yep it was Nand

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-35/

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Maya to the rescue! No noodle stand is safe.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Super Waffle posted:

I'm like 90% sure Allison has been called Little Mouse once before in the comic. Was it Himself? Or was it Preem Nand?

Fake Edit - Yep it was Nand

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-35/

I won't be excited about small rodent based nicknames until someone starts calling her Rabbit.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
It's very funny that Allison has seen Maya like twice and from her perspective a random pursuer just showed up and called her a rat

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zoss is my favorite

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
can't believe this whole comic was building up to an It Hurts shout-out. looks like gob hit the big time!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I won't be excited about small rodent based nicknames until someone starts calling her Rabbit.

Rabbits aren't rodents!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Rabbits aren't rodents!

They are on Allisons Earth what with the lack of Australia leading to a streamlined taxonomical system.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
That smile feels more like she's :lol:ing at how everything is completely hopeless.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Personally I like the idea that she's just not very good at looking friendly after so long stuck in a cube.

People have said it's thousands of years but I'm suspecting she's been fully aware of all the cycles and it's more like billions.

On a different note: have we ever seen a devil die on screen of mask-destruction before? Did they melt like this?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 21, 2021

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I really want to see what has become of Jagganoth and Solomon. Jagganoth is completely unharmed I'm sure, but even he seemed hopeful about SD's hail mary! The purple energy pouring out of the gaping hole they left in creation is also pretty ominous. Solomon's arc feels just about resolved so I presume he is dead or about to die.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Oxxidation posted:

i read it as concern. she was taken aback by allison's sorry state just like incubus, but instead of hectoring her with threats, she offered her hand

sure, there's plenty more opportunities for her to let us down, but as demiurges go there are worse starts
My guess is that Jadis saw uncertainty-that maybe the wheel could be broken.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Personally I like the idea that she's just not very good at looking friendly after so long stuck in a cube.

People have said it's thousands of years but I'm suspecting she's been fully aware of all the cycles and it's more like billions.

On a different note: have we ever seen a devil die on screen of mask-destruction before? Did they melt like this?

We saw Xand and Nxor die when Oscar shot them.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

thatbastardken posted:

can't believe this whole comic was building up to an It Hurts shout-out. looks like gob hit the big time!

theres it hurts fan art from operant on the website. the man is confirmed a fan

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

And I'm glad that Jaddis also appreciated such a great comic and took her to go read through the archives together.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Operant likes to play with the brows of people forcing a smile. Jadis is, at first, trying and failing miserably to be reassuring. Then Allison says something Jadis can relate to and after being momentarily taken aback, cheers up, genuinely knowing that they have something in common, and offers a true helping hand.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's probably the most correct read IMO

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i like how she exits a different way, she doesn't ride the lightning out

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Every single one of these demiurges are incapable of making ethical decisions. Shown time and time again - Power warps them.

Surely this one will be different lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I saw Jadis' smile as a genuine like, unhinged expression of glee at things finally happening again. It seems like a common trait among all the demiurges is that they hated the 7 part pact and slowly stagnating and have just been waiting for awful all out conflict because that's what they feel at home in. Like, Solomon gets a big smile when he's fighting White Chain, war somehow cures the dragon guy's dementia, Incubus can prove he's earned his throne by swinging his sword around, Mottom gets angry enough to stop caring about aging and is happy to die, and Gog relishes the opportunity to stop being a fool and be taken seriously because of her ability to do violence. They're all extremely effed in the head and love punching people with their god-keys and seem to have hated not getting to do that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Victis posted:

Surely this one will be different lol

I have a good feeling.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I don't think I've seen anyone here mention this yet, but I would suggest that these pages further demonstrate Incubus is a terrible student of cutting and a very good swordsman.

Those cuts did a presumably great job of killing their target. But he used a lot of them and appeared to be doing so in a gratuitous fashion to show off and prove a point to Allison. To me, that doesn't imply the clarity of thought and purpose that the art of cutting requires.

Arguably, Maya has also hosed up though, since I seem to recall the supposed lesson was about she should have just loving killed Incubus if she cared about protecting the mouse, since deflecting a single blow doesn't necessarily stop the second one. Here, she probably is hosed long term because she can't fully commit to her strikes, since she clearly desperately wants Incubus to know exactly who is going to kill him and why. That prevents her from just loving cleaving him in two before he even figures out what's going on.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's possible that she knew she couldn't kill him with a single blow in a way that would protect Allison.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lemony posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone here mention this yet, but I would suggest that these pages further demonstrate Incubus is a terrible student of cutting and a very good swordsman.

Those cuts did a presumably great job of killing their target. But he used a lot of them and appeared to be doing so in a gratuitous fashion to show off and prove a point to Allison. To me, that doesn't imply the clarity of thought and purpose that the art of cutting requires.

Arguably, Maya has also hosed up though, since I seem to recall the supposed lesson was about she should have just loving killed Incubus if she cared about protecting the mouse, since deflecting a single blow doesn't necessarily stop the second one. Here, she probably is hosed long term because she can't fully commit to her strikes, since she clearly desperately wants Incubus to know exactly who is going to kill him and why. That prevents her from just loving cleaving him in two before he even figures out what's going on.

maybe meti never really taught anyone and true knowledge of cutting is something you figure out on your own or die

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

It's possible that she knew she couldn't kill him with a single blow in a way that would protect Allison.

And that is why her and Incubus are failures, striving to learn the Art of Cutting, ruining their lives and prospects from it without even truly learning it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ChaseSP posted:

And that is why her and Incubus are failures, striving to learn the Art of Cutting, ruining their lives and prospects from it without even truly learning it.

Yes but Mayas cool and the art of cutting is bullshit

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She calls herself a student of the principal art of cutting, not a master.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ChaseSP posted:

sounds like they learned it too well

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Hell yeah I thought I was the only one who remembered It Hurts when I read that.

I don't see how Allison could survive a malevolent Jadis. Like, she can in no way protect herself and all her allies are dead, and now she's being transported to a second location. Despite the many, many red flags it makes it hard for me to imagine Cube Witch having cruel intentions here.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

That rectangular prism Jadis was trapped in is not a cube.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

NachtSieger posted:

its only a prism if you let it be

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Remember, if you ever get trapped in a prism, you gotta beat up the toughest guy in there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

NachtSieger posted:

cuboid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jadis, defender of the polyverse

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

rectangular prison

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Reclaimer posted:

Hell yeah I thought I was the only one who remembered It Hurts when I read that.

I don't see how Allison could survive a malevolent Jadis. Like, she can in no way protect herself and all her allies are dead, and now she's being transported to a second location. Despite the many, many red flags it makes it hard for me to imagine Cube Witch having cruel intentions here.

Mottom and Incubus didn't want to kill Allison but they weren't exactly harmless either, comic's been pretty consistent about the Seven as warnings of what Allison could become.

Jadis's gonna reveal her side of the story and the conflict will likely be Allison having to reaffirm her humanity over Dehumanize Yourself And Face To The Wheel.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

NachtSieger posted:

:colbert:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

We've been getting a kind of progression of the different demiurges showing different stages of "understanding the problem of the wheel, but learning the wrong lesson" so I'm assuming Jadis is going to be the one who agrees with Zoss about breaking the wheel (because she saw it in its entirety), but has some sort of terrifyingly wrong idea of what that should mean

edit: actually I just described jagganoth. so I guess jadis is going to be one step further? even more terrifying to consider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Reclaimer posted:

Cruel intentions don't have to be violent