Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Neurolimal posted:

You copied the article twice but still neat to read

wow what a great apology

pro tip I learned recently: archive.md gets you past the paywall for many ft articles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've said before that a lot of stuff coming out of Japan like the massive age stratification and resulting effects like shut-ins and a youth culture well aware that they are held to impossible standards, are just them being slightly ahead of the curve of neoliberal rot. Though the need to have a liberal centrist facade over the frothing fascism seems to have staved off what I assume is the next step of a Brexit style nationalism-fuelled national self-destruction.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Collin Powell holding up a black dress at the UN.

Serf
May 5, 2011

it has been very funny to see "anarchists" online saying there's no way to know whether every picture of peng shuai has men with guns just out of frame, based on the conjecture of "experts"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
is it time for the body language expert to return?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They never left.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1462754704656683010?t=z4gGHT9nnVBkp7tbT-OmwQ&s=19

Smart country! Numbers from july.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
"What could the US government and the CIA possibly stand to gain from spotlighting and wildly making poo poo up about a tennis player?", I ask as US population willingness to go to goddamn war with a nuclear power doubles within 7 years and jumps a full 12 percentage points in 6 goddamn months.

I am very smart and media savvy, obviously.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm surprised the Ukraine support is that high. That kicked off 8 years ago now. I'd figure most Americans simply wouldn't care

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

"Literally" the exact same thing? Because I can pretty easily find political rape and sexual assault accusations being reported by the Japanese press.

The Japanese government has also repeatedly acknowledged and apologized to China and Korea for their war crimes. You can argue that they drug their feet or didn't atone as much as Germany did, but I don't know where you think discussion of it is being legally censored in Japan, even if there is a segment of hypernationalists that don't want to admit it. You can easily find japanese-language books on Amazon giving detailed and accurate accounts of their war crimes, written by Japanese journalists and historians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Dude you are quite seriously the dumbest motherfucker in this thread. Please read something, anything other than Wikipedia on this topic and learn why these tepid apologies and cheap attempts to buy off survivors have been wholly rejected by the victims themselves

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
who the gently caress cares about the Ukraine?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ukrainians presumably

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Putin wants Ukraine for the motherland.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the Nazi-loving Canadians love Ukraine and want to kiss it

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Ukraine will always be the Ukraine to me.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In shocking leaked video we see PLA special forces apprehending dissident tennis star Peng Shuai

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r2oj6bJdfY1vmay6q.mp4

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao i asked my dad, an msnbc-poisoned lib, what his take on the peng shuai situation is and his response was "35 is a little old for a tennis player"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

lmao i asked my dad, an msnbc-poisoned lib, what his take on the peng shuai situation is and his response was "35 is a little old for a tennis player"

hahahahahahahahaha well that's not the worst thing he could have said

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gradenko_2000 posted:

demon cracker nation still hasnt forgiven putin for denying abuela her turn

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Serf posted:

Lmao and I think I speak for all goons: gently caress you, dad

Serf
May 5, 2011

i pointed out that serena williams is 40 and his response was, and this is his exact wording "but she's the goat." 70 year old man. this is what espn has done to people

anyways i guess my point is that if even a guy who watches 4 hours of network lib television a night doesn't care about peng shuai i don't think they're gonna be able to make it into a thing

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

tbf Serena Williams is the GOAT

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Serf posted:

lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Serf dad is correct

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Serf posted:

i pointed out that serena williams is 40 and his response was, and this is his exact wording "but she's the goat." 70 year old man. this is what espn has done to people

Has Stephen Smith commented on the Peng Shuai situation

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

OP you've been successfully trolled by your 70 year old father. turn in your posting badge and sidearm

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Has Stephen Smith commented on the Peng Shuai situation

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.

[BAYLESS nods]

You KNOW Peng Shuai already had a live video call with the IOC

BAYLESS: Absolutely

STEPHEN A: BUT!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/1462757839588450306

wow.... powerful stuff

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Serf posted:

anyways i guess my point is that if even a guy who watches 4 hours of network lib television a night doesn't care about peng shuai i don't think they're gonna be able to make it into a thing

sounds like your dad is saying internally

who the gently caress is this loser and why is he asking me about rando tennis players? what a loser

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy crap msm really doing everything they can top make this into an actual international thing

also imagine the entitlement to think american media should have the same rights in china, or any other country for that matter, as they think they do in america

the same american media that famously whips up consent for illegal wars and probably other bad poo poo

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Nov 22, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Calls, videos of her going to eat and showing up in tennis matches as a guest but all these things just bring more questions about perfidious Sina

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
cant be trustin them godless yeller orientals that dont value human life like god faring white mericans

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpaghettiKozak/status/1462832184767692802?s=20

love this guy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

could they be satisfied that any randomly selected chinese person isnt being kidnapped and tortured

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ukraine is game to you???!!!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Some Guy TT posted:

could they be satisfied that any randomly selected chinese person isnt being kidnapped and tortured

what do you think

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fortaleza posted:

tbf Serena Williams is the GOAT

i dont know what that means? is it like a matrioshka acronym? Gilf On A Trip?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Top City Homo posted:

i dont know what that means? is it like a matrioshka acronym? Gilf On A Trip?

greatest of all time

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Surprised the CIA hasn't murdered Peng yet so mossad Jen can hold her severed head aloft while she gives a speech about the yellow menace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

he sounds like a war criminal