Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Butt knife sounds like something from old SA that would be in a goldmined thread from, like, 2003.

Also, I don't remember if it was brought up or not, but in case anyone's interested the Mads are riffing Manos live in December. The actress who was the little girl in the film will be there to chat with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Halfway through Dangerous Men, and even with everything that's happened so far the one thing that really blew my mind was the calendar on the wall saying 1995. I would've assumed this was made in like 1985.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Halfway through Dangerous Men, and even with everything that's happened so far the one thing that really blew my mind was the calendar on the wall saying 1995. I would've assumed this was made in like 1985.

It was kind of both. Originally filmed in the 80s but then it got shelved and some extra stuff was shot before finally getting an actual release in 2005.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

It was kind of both. Originally filmed in the 80s but then it got shelved and some extra stuff was shot before finally getting an actual release in 2005.

Wow, the 90s footage is actually indistinsguishable from the 80s footage. I'm impressed with their commitment to crappiness.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dangerous Men feels like a Godfrey Ho movie if Tommy Wiseau was in charge of creating both barely-linked storylines. It's a rough movie to watch due to how rapey it is from start to finish, but there are so many bizarre choices that pile up and make it amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wasn't blown away by the first hour of Dangerous Men but the last 10 minutes are incredible.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I wasn't blown away by the first hour of Dangerous Men but the last 10 minutes are incredible.

Heh.

But in all seriousness, I knew the movie's runtime going in but it did not feel like it was only about an hour. It dragged on for like the first half of the movie, and then it lingered way too long on that naked British guy, and the last half breezed by. Then it just kinda ends. I seriously can't remember what happened to the woman from the main plot of the movie, she gets tailed and grabbed by the shoulder and then... ? It's like they had this grand vision of a sprawling crime caper and then ran out of time, money and ability. And basic film technique, and talent... common decency...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

King Vidiot posted:

Heh.

But in all seriousness, I knew the movie's runtime going in but it did not feel like it was only about an hour. It dragged on for like the first half of the movie, and then it lingered way too long on that naked British guy, and the last half breezed by. Then it just kinda ends. I seriously can't remember what happened to the woman from the main plot of the movie, she gets tailed and grabbed by the shoulder and then... ?

Towards the end, the main cop guy is told that they caught her.

It's really weird because once the second plot starts kicking in, there's a genuinely good concept hidden in there. Guy gets murdered by a biker. His fiancee gets revenge on his killer, has another bad experience with a dude trying to sexually assault her and tries to deal with it all by running off and becoming a serial killer/vigilante. The murdered guy's brother is a cop who wants answers, sees that two bikers were found dead as part of the incident and comes to the conclusion that members of the same gang either know the fiancee's whereabouts or want to hunt her down for revenge. Chaos is about to ensue and the cop needs to stop it before it's too late. That could have worked.

Instead, the bikers are never really shown to be responding to the stuff with the murders at all. They're scumbags and do stuff making them deserving of being arrested (shootouts and sexual assault), but nothing involving the original plot. The cop goes from wanting to question a random biker to arresting him for something unrelated and deciding to make a go at the biker's boss. There's no real reason to go after the head biker, but it doesn't matter because he gives them an excuse to take him in anyway. Again, none of this has anything to do with the original murder or the woman going around stabbing people!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And then the cop who is supposedly doing all this isn't there for the arrest of the gang boss.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This reminds me of one of Tom Servo's lines about in the future requiring films be made by filmmakers.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well this movie makes Samurai Cop look like well planned and executed cinema in comparison:wtc:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I strongly suggest checking the official website for the movie.

There is a song that auto plays. Listen to it.

http://www.dangerousmenthemovie.com/home.htm

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't recommend the movie itself but that is a pro click.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a Life Day miracle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyykN8e_WXw

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Canned Panda posted:

I strongly suggest checking the official website for the movie.

There is a song that auto plays. Listen to it.

http://www.dangerousmenthemovie.com/home.htm

:stonklol:

This is dangerousmenthemovie.com, you can do anything... at dangerousmenthemovie.com.
The talk of the town is here, at dangerousmenthemovie.com.
WELCOME to dangerousmenthemovie.com!

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think "John Rad reads them all" is true seeing as he's dead.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

World Famous W posted:

Ignoring teaching the important lesson of how many pints of oysters should be purchased

I think about the line "He and his wife didn't like the new vegetable" whenever I'm in the produce section of the store. Right before looking for pints of oysters and some cake.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think about the line "He and his wife didn't like the new vegetable" whenever I'm in the produce section of the store. Right before looking for pints of oysters and some cake.

I still want to know what kind of vegetable it was.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I still want to know what kind of vegetable it was.

Probably something "ethnic" like corn or potatoes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1461758904149368844

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am the target demo for a riff of Copper Mountain, a film where some disjointed bits that couldn't carry a tv commercial is overwhelmed by terrible "music videos" that aren't even that.

What Im saying is Elephant Parts is one of my favorite movies ever made.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Did I just watch Alan Thicke getting paid for having a vacation and babysitting some newbe comedian who'll never make it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My thoughts on the first five minutes of Copper Canyon, in order:

1) Isn't Alan Thicke dead?
2) How the gently caress did I know Alan Thicke was dead :confused:
3) Is this deleted footage from Avalanche?
4) This has to be deleted footage from Avalanche, that's Rock Hudson's flannel jacket!
5) Rita Coolidge is in this? She did a Bond movie a few years before this, for God's sake!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I met Alan Thicke once, he checked into the hotel I worked at under the name "Richard Swinger". Nice fella.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My thoughts on the first five minutes of Copper Canyon, in order:

1) Isn't Alan Thicke dead?
2) How the gently caress did I know Alan Thicke was dead :confused:
3) Is this deleted footage from Avalanche?
4) This has to be deleted footage from Avalanche, that's Rock Hudson's flannel jacket!
5) Rita Coolidge is in this? She did a Bond movie a few years before this, for God's sake!

Waiting for your thoughts as the Bobby plotline progresses

I now love the song Lodi, but that might be related to now seeing five lights.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Copper Mountain is weird because it does a poor job of advertising the resort seeing as you never see anything in it other than the bar and some minor facilities.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It does a poor job at advertising Jim Carrey and arguably the singers too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Copper Mountain is weird because it does a poor job of advertising the resort seeing as you never see anything in it other than the bar and some minor facilities.

You'd think Jim Carrey would have been let to run wild just riffing on the amenities as a total stressed out weirdo and then by the end he's so relaxed he'll come back every year.

Why I put more thought into this than Copper Mountain resort is probably why they aren't in business anymore

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Replica and I'm dying at the restaurant scene where the background has been greenscreened in and it is the same image facing either way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now the girlfriend character is dead and literally a week later the main character is dating a woman who looks like said dead girlfriend.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Has anyone watched Plankton?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

It is a weird horny horror movie. It almost has some good effects but either the filmmakers weren't sure of how it would look or someone screwed up in editing because the movie films all of them in a cut off way.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Kinda reminded me of Devil Fish, except more gore and awkward sex themes. Very funny riff.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Barudak posted:

Waiting for your thoughts as the Bobby plotline progresses

How did Jim Carrey's career recover from this? How did he have a career in the first place?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How did Jim Carrey's career recover from this? How did he have a career in the first place?

They needed a white guy with an absolute loving hunger for In Living Color and theres no bottom lower than doing racist caricatures in a Club Med advertismentfilm

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barudak posted:

They needed a white guy with an absolute loving hunger for In Living Color and theres no bottom lower than doing racist caricatures in a Club Med advertismentfilm

Also I think they needed a living cartoon who worked cheap for Ace Ventura.

Anecdote: I remember for whatever reason on a Monday the teacher asked us what we all did that weekend and like most of the class went to see that movie. Me, I watched the MST episode 12 to the Moon and had a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut as was my style at the time.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

It's weird to remember that Jim Carrey had a 10+ year career before he exploded in 1994

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

bobservo posted:

It's weird to remember that Jim Carrey had a 10+ year career before he exploded in 1994

Smdh that people forgot about his star turn on that beloved sitcom "The Duck Factory"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Atomic Eden sets new records at trying too hard, someone should have slapped some sense into the filmmakers.
"lots of supposedly cool action vignettes does not a plot make" and "you shouldn't just always use the first take of a scene" and " hire actors and not random people "