Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

The easiest clear way is to just have Noelle (or Zhong), since her geo shield counts against any vishap element and he doesn't launch the attack that often anyway.

This is a bit old, but for the geovishap you should definitely just use noelle to reflect his burst. You don't even need to level her up. I use my level 20 Noelle on that fight and just switch to her and hit her shield when it gives the warning. He goes from being one of the tougher bosses to being a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There isnt a sacrificial spear!

The only leaks at all for Shenhe's kit suggest she has Rosaria's E and Rosaria's Q, which is um... lets hope theres more to it.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Polearm users will continue until weapon banner sales improve

As a jade spear haver, I say welcome our Polearm characters

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's still a world where Yunjin is good Xiao support but i'll miss how much more hopeful her being anemo was

count me in on hoping Shenhe is a good SS user, assuming i can bump into her when rolling Yunjin. though i can still tell her model will probably disappoint in game vs the more subtle expression and facial proportion of her character art.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 22, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I actually agree, Yunjin could totally still buff plunges.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Unless they just picked an arbitrary polearm for her art, she'll likely be based around crystallize. If so, hope that comes with a buff.

There's still hope she could help with plunging. Maybe picking up a crystal will blast you into the air!

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Will we get gameplay details for these two before the next banners end? Do people expect much overlap between Shenhe/Eula and Yunjin/Albedo?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Unless they just picked an arbitrary polearm for her art, she'll likely be based around crystallize. If so, hope that comes with a buff.

There's still hope she could help with plunging. Maybe picking up a crystal will blast you into the air!
Actual genius idea. You have set me up for permanent disappointment!!!

Redmark posted:

Will we get gameplay details for these two before the next banners end? Do people expect much overlap between Shenhe/Eula and Yunjin/Albedo?
Nothing at all has been leaked kitwise. We should know it all in a week though so just hold off on pulling day 1 if concerned.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just assuming she may have EM scaling in her kit, which would result in stronger shields as a side effect

if she's built too much towards crystallize i think that starts to move her away from Xiao and gets redundant next to Gorou

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I disagree, because Gorou pushes you towards mono-geo (or at least G3o) and crystallize pushes you into geo+another element. I agree that it's a lot of geo ofc and 3/4 new characters being geo is a little zany.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm glad they put Bennett on the rerun banner for characters I already have, I know if I ever got C6 that exclamation mark would drive me nuts.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Redmark posted:

When 2.4 beta drops pretty soon, everything about both kits will be instantly datamined. Then, over the course of 2.3 there will likely be adjustments to numbers or general functionality, but no real big changes.

By the way, I absolutely wouldn't trust anything anybody says about power level during this time. Unless they're just generically good in a predictable way, like if Shenhe really does end up being 5 star Rosaria.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe Yun will be a dps, since like the only real ones we have are Itto and Ning (Noelle is barely this and only at c6 and only if you give her the energy regen support she needs)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It would be very hard to compete with both Noelle and Ningguang. They're already the best 4 star infused attackers in the game (I'm not counting C6 Bennett).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 22, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

There isnt a sacrificial spear!

...that's why they're making them polearm users :chord:

I hope Yun is a 4 star, because Ilove her design but don't want to splurge for her

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 22, 2021

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

MoonCrab posted:

By the way, I absolutely wouldn't trust anything anybody says about power level during this time. Unless they're just generically good in a predictable way, like if Shenhe really does end up being 5 star Rosaria.

Definitely, I started on the Raiden banner and even then it was clear community evaluations are suspect.
I mainly want to see if Shenhe is competing with or complementary to Eula.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeesh, enough with the polearm users, i only have so many spears

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I finished my R5SS last patch, so maybe it's time to level my third deathmatch.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

polearms have the fewest number of characters using them so this will mostly balance it out

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not anymore! After 2.4 we'll have 9 polearm users and 8 catalyst users.

The reason people generally have a shortage of polearms is there are only two 4 star polearms on standard banner and 4 of the other weapon types.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
There's also the fact that polearm users are all pretty good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

I disagree, because Gorou pushes you towards mono-geo (or at least G3o) and crystallize pushes you into geo+another element. I agree that it's a lot of geo ofc and 3/4 new characters being geo is a little zany.

i mean design-wise he only gives benefits for up to 3 Geo and does have explicit crystallize interaction in his kit. to me, 3 Geo/C6 are both niche things where he otherwise has the ability to support any character that wants def and can use a team with a Geo resonance pair.

tbf, yeah those use cases just aren't supported yet and he is 99.9% going to get used in those geo-biased teams. the saturation of the element is going to hurt perception of both characters regardless but sharing focus on crystallize would likely make it worse, with Yunjin feeling unexciting or as an immediate undercutting of Gorou.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

The thing about supporting def is that’s a stat that mostly geo characters care about so far. No matter how you slice it Gorou at the moment doesn’t really help anyone but other geos.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

akulanization posted:

The thing about supporting def is that’s a stat that mostly geo characters care about so far. No matter how you slice it Gorou at the moment doesn’t really help anyone but other geos.

Pulling gorou for team spinyan

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

People are sleeping on the stagger resistance at level 2

Garrand posted:

Pulling gorou for team spinyan

:hai:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just hate the lunge at all polearm users charged attacks. Very grateful Raiden doesn't do it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tanreall posted:

There's also the fact that polearm users are all pretty good.

They seem to get the fastest attack strings combined with overall range. Every polearm character I've ever tried feels pretty good to use.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There still isnt a polearm character you actually do normal attacks with (besides pikeling). Shenhe could very easily be cryo diluc/hu tao which would be theoretically redundant (who could possibly need a tenth bennett+xiangling character) but I'd still pull I dont care.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So wait hold on is Itto/Gorou first and not Eula/Albedo side by side banners first?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Albedo+E is first. His event starts in 3 days and genshin twitter posted their banners.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

No Wave posted:

There still isnt a polearm character you actually do normal attacks with (besides pikeling). Shenhe could very easily be cryo diluc/hu tao which would be theoretically redundant (who could possibly need a tenth bennett+xiangling character) but I'd still pull I dont care.

I hope she's polearm Eula instead, so I can feel better when I inevitably fail a second time to pull her in the upcoming rerun.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Albedo+E is first. His event starts in 3 days and genshin twitter posted their banners.

Okay I thought so from everything I'd been lead to believe, but hadn't seen it confirmed officially and then saw someone mentioning Itto in a few days so was wondering if I'd just assumed things again. Also just confirmed as well that Gorou hangout will require completion of Kokomi's character story. I knew that was going to be a prerequisite for at least one thing in 2.3.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New essential event furniture

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

huge but awesome spoiler

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hoping shenhe has a cool kit, i like her design

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I find it sad how anemic and unimpressive the dungeons in this game are compared to the overworld.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BoldFace posted:

I find it sad how anemic and unimpressive the dungeons in this game are compared to the overworld.

Well, you’ll be happy that besides a few story quests, you never encounter them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's a pretty elaborate dungeon in Serai and it honestly gave me a headache because 3D just does that to me. I'm pretty ok with the dungeons just being combat rooms.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shenhe getting compared to this honkai design

and i despair because we instead get catsuit with sleeves and a boob flap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Stan Aloy, the only female character dressed sensibly for combat.

Yun Jin looks promising, but you just know she has stilettos