Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

idk what's wrong here, i just see bottled water???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Nice bottleneck they got there.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
it’s simply the life cycle of the bottle fish, in that video you can see them aggregating and going out to see to begin their 60,000 year long life before returning to spawn.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
so they're going to take all of those bottles out of the water and pay to put them into some garbage truck that takes the truckload of bottles and dumps it in some other body of water, right?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the garbage truck dumps them upstream then drives back to pick them up again

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Milo and POTUS posted:

We can't even get people to not just toss their trash out of their car while driving, there's no chance in hell we were ever going to do anything about global warming

We cant get people to stop chucking lit cigs out of cars on the free way during multiple month droughts and lighting the sides of freeways on fire.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I mean make littering punishable by 30 days isocube, ahh poo poo eco-fascism there we go again

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

blatman posted:

the garbage truck dumps them upstream then drives back to pick them up again

green new deal lookin good

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ELTON JOHN posted:

green new deal lookin good

but the garbage truck is battery powered so we're saving the planet!

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

MightyBigMinus posted:

crosspostin this work of art from the pics thread

https://twitter.com/connal99/status/1462786788200792064

hope you have a great day
Can threads have soundtracks? this should be it

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

petit choux posted:

Get these:

They make flossing a really trivial job.

I love these things, especially for my beautifully preserved wisdom teeth (thats right, I kept the extra teeth the government doesnt want you to keep)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Koirhor posted:

I mean make littering punishable by 30 days isocube, ahh poo poo eco-fascism there we go again

Slap some red paint on it, play nothing but movies about pollution and call it reeducasolation cubes. Boom, solved. Put me in coach comrade, I'm ready to play

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Ain't nothing wrong with a little eco-Stalinism friends

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

petit choux posted:

Get these:

They make flossing a really trivial job.

a hearty lol that encompasses both the fact that we are stuck in these modes of consumption as a society and the immense amount of garbage that this flosser generates

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Cloks posted:

a hearty lol that encompasses both the fact that we are stuck in these modes of consumption as a society and the immense amount of garbage that this flosser generates

I dip them in listerine and use them multiple times, FWIW. The heads last for a little while.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

500 good dogs posted:

so they're going to take all of those bottles out of the water and pay to put them into some garbage truck that takes the truckload of bottles and dumps it in some other body of water, right?

It is called recycling.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

petit choux posted:

I dip them in listerine and use them multiple times, FWIW. The heads last for a little while.

yeah, i didn't mean this as a criticism of your individual use but seeing products like this that are just designed to generate garbage gives me that funny feeling

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Cloks posted:

yeah, i didn't mean this as a criticism of your individual use but seeing products like this that are just designed to generate garbage gives me that funny feeling

True. If I could get a cheap one that used regular floss that would be cool. Any such thing out there? These work really great and do a better job than floss alone for the back teeth.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

Winter is coming maybe they will burn them in their stoves for heat!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Torpor posted:

what happened did you use all of your ivermectin?

edit: as far as I know there is powder lidocaine you can get and you can brew your own injection ampules of lidocaine but it seems like a tremendous pain in the rear end
I get more exposure to dirt and stuff than I probably should because I am sloppy in some of the work I do. I take Albendazole a couple times a year, a drug that costs $0.25 a pill in India, and $100 and up per pill in the US.

Point of fact, we max out our insurance deductible, but it's the principle of the thing. I'd rather put $100 into the Indian economy and get 25 doses of something, than put $100 into the US healthcare system for a pill.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wrap the floss around your middle fingers, use your index finger to control, no need for some plastic contraption.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

A Terrible Person posted:

What was the film (or show, maybe?) that had a Freaky Friday-like body-swapping plot wherein a young woman and an older man switch places and the girl tries to live life to the fullest and the old guy just obsessively flosses?

Makes a lot more sense twenty years (and fifteen teeth) later.

haha I've never actually seen it but I am pretty sure this is the movie you mean, because my dad watched this in like 1990 and described a scene to me where some old man is talking about how he wishes he'd taken better care of his teeth

i don't remember what i had for breakfast for a lot of last week but I remember that. Thanks weed.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097883/

Is that it? if so this is going to amuse the gently caress out of me, because it's such a random, specific thing. Also, darn it dad, here we are 31 years later and I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth!

Conversely, if that's not it, then that's at least two pieces of media with this theme.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If you can, get your teeth fixed before the collapse comes.

I got like 3 crowns and a root canal this year after having no insurance through my 20s and smoking cigarettes like crazy

It's expensive as poo poo but tooth pain takes you out of the motherfucking game.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

im uninsured

my apocalypse plan for any dental problems involves an ice skating shoe, a rock, and a motivational volleyball

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Haha my dad keeps warning me about tooth pain also, but i was like, lol science will solve this for me.. Was i wrong??

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Egg Moron posted:

If you can, get your teeth fixed before the collapse comes.

I got like 3 crowns and a root canal this year after having no insurance through my 20s and smoking cigarettes like crazy

It's expensive as poo poo but tooth pain takes you out of the motherfucking game.

Yup, you'll survive longer into the coming wars, plagues, famines etc. leading up to the air turning into predominantly CO2 if you get your dental work first.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Femur posted:

Haha my dad keeps warning me about tooth pain also, but i was like, lol science will solve this for me.. Was i wrong??

Yes, future technology something something.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Cabbages and Kings posted:

haha I've never actually seen it but I am pretty sure this is the movie you mean, because my dad watched this in like 1990 and described a scene to me where some old man is talking about how he wishes he'd taken better care of his teeth

i don't remember what i had for breakfast for a lot of last week but I remember that. Thanks weed.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097883/

Is that it? if so this is going to amuse the gently caress out of me, because it's such a random, specific thing. Also, darn it dad, here we are 31 years later and I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth!

Conversely, if that's not it, then that's at least two pieces of media with this theme.

Holy poo poo! Yes! That was it! I hadn't seen this movie in years and was way off on what I thought the title was.

Lmao, thanks for that!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

A Terrible Person posted:

Lmao, thanks for that!

wow :rubby:

I'm going to call my dad. And tell him I shoulda taken better care of my teeth!!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lol at suggesting that some random nobody should be locked up for littering while we still have oil company executives.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

fun fact: the lamborghini tooth pull in Jackass actually fractured Ehren's skull up to his eye socket on the way out! so if you need to do a backwoods removal, make sure you're pulling DOWN, not OUT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_PoPHKdUk

or just take care of your teeth

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

God Hole posted:

i'm sure glad all those dentists did preventative drilling on all my teeth at the first signs of cavities. i'm sure those fillings won't all fail at once at the most inopportune time

i had some lovely fillings that would shred a lot of floss, except for that glide floss mentioned in the article. i was using it for 7 years until a new dentist fixed it when the filling needed replacement anyways. lol. lmao

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
https://fvcurrent.com/article/fraser-valley-unacceptable-dikes/

quote:

Unacceptable.

That was the verdict of engineers five years ago after they inspected a critical dike on Sumas Prairie. The 17-kilometre levee had a key job: stop the drained basin of what was once Sumas Lake from refilling with 10 feet of water. But inspectors warned the dike was two feet lower than it should be, and that it would be unable to stop flood waters if and when the Nooksack River breached its banks.

The engineers, who were hired by the province to review dikes all around the Lower Mainland, gave the crest (or height) of the Sumas dike the lowest possible grade—one out of four—and a corresponding label: “unacceptable.”

“Overtopping is expected during Nooksack River overflow,” they declared. “The dike design profile likely needs to be updated. The dike geometry is substandard, causing concern.”

The inspectors were right. The levee was never fixed. And last week, waters from the rain-swollen Nooksack spilled north and ran downhill into Sumas Prairie. By Tuesday, millions of gallons of silty water had pushed over, and then directly through, the so-called “interceptor” dike, forcing thousands from their homes, killing livestock, inundating Highway 1, and submerging one of the most fertile sections of land in the province.

absolutely no way this could have been predicted or prepared for

did they not try voting in BC?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

wynott dunn posted:

https://fvcurrent.com/article/fraser-valley-unacceptable-dikes/

absolutely no way this could have been predicted or prepared for

did they not try voting in BC?

Aye, and some sternly worded letters as well!

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
no one could've seen this coming, etc

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor posted:

no one could've seen this coming, etc

it was the one thing we didn’t want to happen

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

petit choux posted:

Aye, and some sternly worded letters as well!

looks like they did try everything :shrug:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

we should send those guys to jail like the italian scientists who failed to predict when an earthquake would happen

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1462902814900817922

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Koirhor posted:

it was the one thing we didn’t want to happen

It was just the perfect storm.