Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

Why did he leave off southern states? Why is it spiking in the summer and fall in the south and only in the winter in the north? Those northern states were hot this year too and people were indoors enjoying a/c like in the south.

Wow maybe by July a large chunk of those states were vaccinated in the north then vaccination protection started wearing off? In the south the number of vaccinated was much less.

As a statistician he probably knows that the Southern states don't have reliable count data and doesn't want to seem biased. Surely, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I'm with DnD, thank God the White House has realized we've finally whipped COVID so we can stop losing downballot elections due to all those divisive lockdowns and restrictions Biden recommended.

Grouchio posted:

The White House says there will be no US lockdowns to fight Covid this winter.

quote:

“We can curb the spread of the virus without having to in any way shut down our economy,” White House coronavirus response coordinator Jeff Zients said. “We have 82% of people now with one shot and more and more people getting vaccinated each week.” Separately, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said U.S. health officials are not currently recommending lockdowns or economic restrictions to curb rising COVID-19 cases.
This is extremely good news for downballot races next year that desperately need anti-lockdown sentiments (responsible for the poor showings in VA) to abate. Among other things.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Howard Stern good

quote:

“Forget about the fact that [Aaron Rodgers] didn’t take the vaccine, he lied to everybody,” Stern continued in audio shared by Mediaite. “He put people in danger. People have families. He’s a fuckhead and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves.”

“Now I hear he has a toe injury. Let me ask you something, when he had the toe injury, did he go to the doctor or did he go to Joe Rogan?” asked Stern, referencing Rodgers’ admission that he’d sought advice from the podcast host who himself has courted controversial, misleading and selfish opinions on the shots.

“Who fixed his toe?” said Stern. “I bet you he went to a doctor, so he goes to doctors for everything else, but on the vaccine he’s listening to Joe Rogan. What the gently caress is going on? We’ve got to put our faith in science.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/howard-stern-aaron-rodgers-covid-19-vaccine_n_619c960fe4b044a1cc0c0f2f

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lansdowne posted:

anybody know a national chain that does late night boosters generally? I work 2nd shift and looking to get juiced up at the end of my work week and leave the most amount of time to ride out side effects. I checked a few places on vaccines.gov and seems like ~6 is as late as most places go and it’s a pain to have to go 8 screens into each different form before you can see appointment windows (I know it might be different locally, just trying to narrow the search). otherwise might try to do it before work and hopefully be headed home before the worst of it starts.

Ask your dentist them if they have any leads.

Wait, what?

Dentists tend to know which pharmacies in the area are open late so that they can call in prescriptions for emergency pain relief to get patients through the night.

That’s a start, but you may still have trouble getting vaccinated because perhaps only the drive thru is open late and also because the juice expires six hours after the vial is punctured and they don’t want to expend a whole vial on you. You might be able to work something out for a day when they have several late or early appointments though.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gmanews/status/1463100014901694464

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Kim Bong Chill posted:

If you read this thread, stop. It is bad for your mental well-being. You are charbroiling your brains.

I’m double vaxxed and boosted, I wear a mask and I sanitize my hands. Guess what? Covid doesn’t exist for me. It shouldn’t for you either. Stop marinating in it.

lol marinade my balls in your mouth, vaccines aren’t magic spells

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Loucks posted:

:lol:

Maybe, but I ordered twenty to try them out and received twenty. They're individually-packaged, which is convenient. I would be curious what happened with that messed up order, because I do plan to put in a more substantial order soon. Can't convince my spouse to wear an elastomeric, so these will have to do.

fwiw i placed an order for 240 9210s from them and got a big box of 240. seems to be the standard 3M case size

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Alright it looks like we’re going to take a run at a local pharmacy that offers walk in boosters at some point tomorrow, I’ll report back with the name of the place if it’s good. All the chain pharmacies within walking or easy public transit distance have super limited appointments available if any at all, so this is probably the best bet. Im planning on calling ahead to make sure they have two shots available, and also to ask if they’re elastomeric friendly or if we should have backup auras to switch to.

I think I’m gonna run pfizer again because the last pfizer drat near killed me, so I don’t know if I’m prepared for a moderna. I remember somebody saying to take ibuprofen instead of the other one or vice versa, how does that go again, and is it important? I figure I might as well pick up a big bottle of one or the other while I’m in a pharmacy. The Girl and I are going to be getting them at the same time, which is probably stupid, but it’s just the easiest way to set things up, and I guess we can have soup delivered if it disables us both. She didn’t have harsh reactions to her first two, so hopefully that pattern continues and I can have some help while in Enormous Baby Mode.

She was working at an old folks home when the vaccines first came out so her second shot was in February or some bullshit, do we know anything about how boosters work on very very old vaccinations? Should we be planning on some new two-dose bandito poo poo, or is a booster okay for now?

I’m sorry for this post, I have pretty extreme anxiety in general which covid hasn’t helped with, and I find that my best bet is to just plan everything out real hard and come up with contingencies for everything in advance so nothing catches me flat footed. This is mostly just a lot of me thinking out loud, but on the internet. I know it will all be fine, but the part of my brain that makes me scared of everything doesn’t know that, so here we are.

gradenko_2000 posted:

yep. It's quite backwards because legally we try to have a liberal sex education regimen and but retailers still don't like the optics of minors buying contraceptives freely so you can't just pick them up off the shelves

... which has the opposite effect of making teenagers less likely to buy contraception because they have to ask for it, and god help you if the cashier is a prudish busybody who asks for ID / proof-of-age when they don't have to

lol yeah of course it does. I’ll never forget my first time buying condoms when I was all 16 or whatever, I slapped those fuckers down on that 711 counter like I was the king of the drat world. It was rad. Then I went and didn’t knock a girl up and everything worked out perfectly for everyone. Let the kids buy condoms, let them steal them if they have to, the worst thing you can do is make them even slightly difficult to obtain.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1463093808774750214

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I got the full dose cause I’m immunocompromised with a second shot in Feb 2021- take some ibuprofen if your side effects suck but honestly it was feeling crappy for about 36 hours, no big deal.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

alternate reality npr: steps 1-5: don't have thanksgiving

aw who am i kinding they'll recommend families get together maskless for hours in all realities.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Well I got my third dose - dose, not booster - of Moderna back in late August. I was originally planning on getting my booster - or dose if possible, unless there's a reason I should do a booster instead of another dose? But if possible I was going to Max Titer it - in late December. But I mean if you were in my shoes, what would you do? Wait for December and more data, or do it now? Like what are most of the goons in this thread doing? I know most of you got your boosters before me, so yeah.

I'm up to 5 doses of Pfizer; started in the trial in Aug 2020 and got a booster every 4-5 months since then. I work in petrochemicals in the Deep South and travel between TX/AL/LA a fair bit for work so I'm just Omega Titering it up.

Next dose is planned for first week of Dec, I'm getting Moderna next time if I can

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/MartinKulldorff/status/1462952624479739908?s=20

Martin is happy that the surges will keep happening every year. They can't be stopped. Embrace death like Martin has.

Glumwheels posted:

Why did he leave off southern states? Why is it spiking in the summer and fall in the south and only in the winter in the north? Those northern states were hot this year too and people were indoors enjoying a/c like in the south.

Wow maybe by July a large chunk of those states were vaccinated in the north then vaccination protection started wearing off? In the south the number of vaccinated was much less.

"Seasonal" lol. Maybe if by 'seasonal' he means they alternate seasons every year in the south????

Here's the 2020 data juxtaposed against the 2021 data, they don't line up in the slightest:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

FunkyFjord posted:

alternate reality npr: steps 1-5: don't have thanksgiving

aw who am i kinding they'll recommend families get together maskless for hours in all realities.

You'll want to spend time around the table with your family while you can because in doing so you'll kill them

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Just wanna thank the thread again for the 3M Aura recommendations, they really are a massive upgrade to every other (non-elastomeric) respirator I tried so far.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

https://youtu.be/3SpUqFzg4I8

“We can’t stop now! Take the covid numbers up a level!” :coronatoot:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kim Bong Chill posted:

If you read this thread, stop. It is bad for your mental well-being. You are charbroiling your brains.

I’m double vaxxed and boosted, I wear a mask and I sanitize my hands. Guess what? Covid doesn’t exist for me. It shouldn’t for you either. Stop marinating in it.

There is a zero percent overlap between anyone saying "live your life' and people that are actually wearing masks in a manner that measurably decreases their chance of getting COVID.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

I bet kim bong chill's mask isn't even N95 rated

Wearing a cloth mask to Applebees, taking it off once the endless apps start flowing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Czech Republic is making a play for the #1 spot, their infection rate just went super saiyan

https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...SVK~HRV~DEU~GEO

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1463108953110417409

even a mild case has a 1 in 4 chance of loving up your lungs

don't catch COVID, folks!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Schnitzler posted:

Just wanna thank the thread again for the 3M Aura recommendations, they really are a massive upgrade to every other (non-elastomeric) respirator I tried so far.

:hfive:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not that anyone posting in this forum had a snowball's chance in Hell of getting picked for jury duty

You can lie your way onto a jury pretty easily and then hang it to gently caress over the cops

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stickman posted:

I'm with DnD, thank God the White House has realized we've finally whipped COVID so we can stop losing downballot elections due to all those divisive lockdowns and restrictions Biden recommended.

:megadeath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcm9qqo_qB0

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Kim Bong Chill posted:

I’ll play devils advocate and agree that “covid doesn’t exist” after being vaxxed & masking & not going anywhere but home n work. It could still get me or a loved one but that’s baked in at this point. This is the new normal and it is mundane.

What covid stuff is there to talk about lol, what generates 400+ posts daily

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lil poopendorfer posted:

You do realise that you're allowed to unfollow the thread if you feel you're not getting any value out of it, right?

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You do realise that you're allowed to unfollow the thread if you feel you're not getting any value out of it, right?

Actually I didn’t even know you could “follow” threads so thanks for the tip :cheers:

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Seasonal" lol. Maybe if by 'seasonal' he means they alternate seasons every year in the south????

Here's the 2020 data juxtaposed against the 2021 data, they don't line up in the slightest:

I don’t get why so many extra smart boys on the internet are leaning so hard into saying “it’s seasonal.” First off, prove it, but second, what does that do for anybody? It’s not like we give a poo poo during covid season or non-covid season, but they’re all acting like this is going to become a predictable cycle where we drop all the restrictions we already don’t have when cases are low. These are also the people who demand we go back to normal when cases are high, so it seems like the goal is to go full 2019 when cases are low and then stop counting cases so it can keep being 2019. Why pretend this is about science?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

lil poopendorfer posted:

Obviously we're talking about how covid is over.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real Mean Queen posted:

I don’t get why so many extra smart boys on the internet are leaning so hard into saying “it’s seasonal.” First off, prove it, but second, what does that do for anybody? It’s not like we give a poo poo during covid season or non-covid season, but they’re all acting like this is going to become a predictable cycle where we drop all the restrictions we already don’t have when cases are low. These are also the people who demand we go back to normal when cases are high, so it seems like the goal is to go full 2019 when cases are low and then stop counting cases so it can keep being 2019. Why pretend this is about science?

Gotta live yours life! I had to stay home for an entire 6 weeks in 2020 it was horrible! I had to spend time with my wife and kids!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
post ur fridge bruh

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Kim Bong Chill posted:

I’m asking you all to live, you only want me to die. It says all you need to know about your death cult and belief system.

Get therapy.

I request that you do the same, that you feel the need to save an internet thread doesn’t reflect well on your own mental wellness.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

NeonPunk posted:

Obviously we're talking about how covid is over.

Unironically. I envy those of you who still ‘feel a type of way’ in regards to covid, but my putty-like brain has moved on to newer, flashier events. Like the Rittenhouse trial or that guy who ran over the Dancin’ Grannies

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I returned to make-work today after being away for two weeks due to non-COVID symptoms. Immunocompromised boss came back from vacation with slight cough and sniffles, insists "this always happens when I get home again, because the body relaxes". Hope this FFP2 is genuine. :stonklol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Great job team!

lol at the blurb how for 2020 COV19 accounted for 11.3% of the total deaths in the USA (Just the Flu / Natural Immunity!)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/11/22/covid-death-toll-vaccine-mandate-united-states/8712846002/

quote:

COVID-19 has killed more people in 2021 than 2020, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data shows.

The disease was reported as the underlying cause of death or a contributing cause of death for an estimated 377,883 people in 2020, accounting for 11.3% of deaths, according to the CDC. As of Monday, more than 770,000 people have died from the coronavirus, according to Johns Hopkins University data. That means over 15,000 more people have died in 2021 than last year from COVID-19 – and there's still more than a month left.

The CDC figures only account for reported deaths, and it's likely that more people died in 2020 due to COVID-19 than the recorded number; 2020 coronavirus-related deaths in the U.S. weren’t tracked until February. New COVID infections are now on the rise in 38 states and health officials have been bracing for the possibility of a surge in cases over the winter.

Experts say the surge is being driven by a combination of factors: the seasonality of the virus, waning immunity and many still unvaccinated Americans. Despite the rising cases, fully vaccinated family members can “absolutely” enjoy the holidays together inside without wearing masks, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Petey posted:

before america but not before cspam, at least, not if you are paying attention

Petey posted:

speaking of which i'm definitely not recommending anyone do it but if anyone were to hypothetically want to do it the radvac group publishes all the materials you need to order and mix your own intranasal vaccine here: https://radvac.org/vaccine/

I sent this to my anti-vax friend and I think he might try it.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

There is a zero percent overlap between anyone saying "live your life' and people that are actually wearing masks in a manner that measurably decreases their chance of getting COVID.

The worlds so much better with all the paranoid losers staying inside out of sight where their kind belongs.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hospitalisations have more than doubled in the past month, but let's try nothing and hope it all works out as regions start to cancel elective surgery again. Here's how you can have a Christmas party (safely)!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1463141107710189569

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

WampaLord posted:

surely you could have just mimed something with your hands and she would have figured it out. in no way could this idea lead to any sort of sitcom-esque wacky misinterpretations of what you were trying to convey.

yeah, should have pointed to your respirator and said "i need one of these, but for my DICK" then pointed to your crotch and done some pelvic thrusts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

WHO predicting at least 700,000 additional COVID deaths in Europe before March.