Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i finished gta 3 and am now about halfway through vice city. as shoddy as these ports are i'm still glad to finally have these games on switch, and they've released two patches so far that have slightly improved the graphics and performance, although it's still not great. it's been a while since i played through this trilogy in order and i kind of forgot just how huge of an upgrade each one is from its predecessor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I apologize for possibly being an idiot, but is there any way for me to close the Nintendo 64 app with the Nintendo 64 controller? It doesn't seem like there's a way to close the software without an x button.
There's no reason to ever "close" software unless you're trying to force it to restart.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sometimes it drains your battery in sleep mode if you don't close the app

Skyrim is really bad for that, I'll hit the power button and leave it on the bed, and I'll come back to the fans blowing, the switch noticeably warm and eighty percent of the battery gone. It especially sucks in that case cause skyrim takes so drat long to boot up if you do decide to close it

Don't buy skyrim

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Heavy Metal posted:

I liked the toilet fairy from Astral Chain, that was funny. Always thinking up something new, these auteurs.

toilet fairy and tsundere vending machine, the best astral chain characters

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Hades being on sale everywhere and in every medium except for digitally on the eShop is the most directly insulting thing any major company has ever done to me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Did Nintendo stop manufacturing the joy con charging grip? Seems like only third party sellers on Amazon and a handful of users on Ebay have listings for them. Target, Best Buy, Wal-mart and Gamestop are all out of stock lol.

Now that I'm gonna have either the Hori split pad or Binbok joypad to leave permanently attached to my Switch, I'd like the official charging grip for my joy cons. Nintendo please, let me give you money.

:negative:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Binbok pads became the worst drifting offender I've had by far after using them for Diablo 2 for a couple weeks. Became unusuable. They are the original smaller ones though so maybe the newer versions are better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think we are about due for the next set of N64 games this week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think we are about due for the next set of N64 games this week.

Speaking of, I hope that Mr Gimmick is put on there someday. Game is really, really good, and would absolutely make a fantastic addition.

Also, where's NES Pinball? :argh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, where's NES Pinball? :argh:

It's right here. (Sans the NES bit.)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm gonna get the expansion pack just to play Paper Mario for the 10th time. I am a terrible person

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's right here. (Sans the NES bit.)

They should still put the NES version up on NESflix. They did it with Donkey Kong (and I'm sure others).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

flavor.flv posted:

Don't buy skyrim

Todd Howard pulls out a pen and updates his enemies list.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/motiontwin/status/1462845333529055238?s=20

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Played some Ocarina of Time on the N64 app last night and it really is incredible how well Nintendo nailed the controls and overall feel of 3D Zelda right out of the gate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat that owns

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

hell yeah drifter my buddy!!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Speaking of, anybody itt playing Skul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkoQ-eSE7gI

I'm enjoying it so far

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cavauro posted:

The Binbok pads became the worst drifting offender I've had by far after using them for Diablo 2 for a couple weeks. Became unusuable. They are the original smaller ones though so maybe the newer versions are better.

Yeah, with all the QC issues I've been reading elsewhere, and what's been mentioned ITT, I'm likely just gonna roll with the Split Pad Pro.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played it a bit on PC and it's incredibly generic but still very fun and there's a surprising variety of combat options with all the different skulls.

That said I'm really starting to get worn down by the genre. Give me a game with the same ingenuity and fun combat that actually has a start and a finish and actually designed levels.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Death's Door is on Switch finally

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1463145445698453508?s=19

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Perfect! I was waiting for that! It just screams “SWITCH” to me!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

teagone posted:

Did Nintendo stop manufacturing the joy con charging grip?
Probably. I bought the PowerA Joy-Con Charging Dock when it last went on sale for $15. It charges four joycons but you can't use it as a grip, which is fine because the joycon grip isn't very good anyways.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

flavor.flv posted:

Skyrim is really bad for that, I'll hit the power button and leave it on the bed, and I'll come back to the fans blowing, the switch noticeably warm and eighty percent of the battery gone. It especially sucks in that case cause skyrim takes so drat long to boot up if you do decide to close it

Have you updated it all the way?

I played a bunch o' Skyrim and never closed it out nor had that problem.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hades being on sale everywhere and in every medium except for digitally on the eShop is the most directly insulting thing any major company has ever done to me.

It's easily worth $60 and is an absolute steal at its base price.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dead cells is weird. like it feels great, but last time i played it seemed like over half the item pool was pretty bad, and i read from multiple people that viable builds just get more and more restricted at higher difficulties. how has it changed in the last 6-12 months?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They hugely nerfed it in one of the recent patches, but 5 BC is still basically impossible. If your goal for those types of games is just to explore and unlock a bunch of different items then you'll probably have more fun with it than you did previously.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dead Cells is a game that I bought, tried to play it for like an hour maybe 6 different times, and it never gelled for me. Is there a point at which it’s supposed to hook you and get really good?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Dead Cells is a game that I bought, tried to play it for like an hour maybe 6 different times, and it never gelled for me. Is there a point at which it’s supposed to hook you and get really good?

Generally when you find a weapon that clicks for you and you mow through the rest of a run or you end up lucking into a great combination of tools.

Or you make it to the slumbering sanctuary and the music kicks in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg0R4w7LvG4&t=100s

There’s some real good strides the game has made to get the start more rewarding. The loadouts you can unlock that give you a full build at every start is a great way to try out equipment. Slowly progressing and permanently improving the quality of your gear keeps the hook of getting a few more runs. Stuff like the blueprint extractor means you can do unlock runs specifically chasing gear.

Also the game has a VERY ROBUST custom mode where you can tweak just about every aspect of a run. Want a higher difficulty but keep flasks? Go for it? Want a ton of enemies and curse to do nothing? Sure!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 23, 2021

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Probably. I bought the PowerA Joy-Con Charging Dock when it last went on sale for $15. It charges four joycons but you can't use it as a grip, which is fine because the joycon grip isn't very good anyways.

I'd prefer something more portable than a dock since I'm likely to leave the joycon in my sling bag. Quick perusal on Amazon led me to these cute little things; https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Charger-Nintendo-Reminder-Indicator/dp/B078M7NGHY

Those should be safe to use... right? :ohdear:

Oh neat, Nintendo Support might be able to hook me up with a part order for the charging grip :haw:

Nevermind, they are also out of stock lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 23, 2021

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

LODGE NORTH posted:

Harriet Carker posted:

It's easily worth $60 and is an absolute steal at its base price.

For real, that company deserves every cent they can get. I still haven't played much of Transistor, but I bought it anyway just because Hades was so good. I don't want to talk about Hades, I broke the cycle, I mustn't fall back into it.

It's fantastic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey 100yearsofattitude what’s your opinion on Hades endgame loop? You should play a few rounds. Any build you never got around too?..

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bastion also owns and should be played by everyone

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

+1 for Bastion and Transistor if you enjoyed Hades. Both are great action RPGs and have so much style. The combat system in Transistor is especially cool imo.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Transistor has imo the best story and soundtrack of all of Supergiant's games, it's really good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey 100yearsofattitude what’s your opinion on Hades endgame loop? You should play a few rounds. Any build you never got around too?..

If you really must know, I never got around to using Bloodstone specced weapons. I was a dynamo with the fists. All the fists.

I still have a few weapons I want to upgrade plus a bunch of aesthetics, but I finished the prophecies and the mirror... I'll come back to it for sure. Just not now.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you really must know, I never got around to using Bloodstone specced weapons. I was a dynamo with the fists. All the fists.

I still have a few weapons I want to upgrade plus a bunch of aesthetics, but I finished the prophecies and the mirror... I'll come back to it for sure. Just not now.

Don't worry, the fists are far and away the most fun weapon to use, so you're not missing much.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every weapon kicks rear end, except the spear. hate the spear...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The spear is great, especially the one with the spin attack that covers the entire screen.

Love the spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can tell Hades is well designed because if you ask six people which weapon is most fun you'll get six different answers