Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Coco13 posted:

He's a great producer because he's hands off when it comes to filming. He wants nothing to do with any kind of shooting.

and in this case he's an EP, which means he's just there to provide the funding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

t a s t e posted:

Built that program brick by brick lol

Lol

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Working on my own rap. Here's what I've got so far:

You know you see me when I work (work)
A pound of forties make me skrrt (skrrt!)

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

nice raps and ufnny posts epic rereg guy can we get some more maybe like a full lulzy verse and a hook?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
weird al posts here?!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A pound?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeugh

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
dude do you have any drake opinions

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Yo! NMD Raps - the black version of "yippee" or "hooray”

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lil rass has been locked for murder. not looking good. loved this tune from earlier in the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVTJ5yjMp8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

ufnny posts epic rereg guy

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Hi rap thread. I was going to check out the A3K and Kanye song but then just listened to Miss the Rage 30 times in a row and I feel good about this decision.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://youtu.be/tL2eoIHipDE

Been playing this on repeat for a week+

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
new Isaiah Rashad is butter.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Legit happy for her. IDK the competition but I've enjoyed all her poo poo for a while.

https://twitter.com/DojaCatStats/status/1463204027907387403

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Album of the Year

Jon Batiste, We Are

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga, Love For Sale

Justin Bieber, Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe)

Doja Cat - Planet Her (Deluxe)

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

H.E.R. - Back Of My Mind

Lil Nas X - Montero

Olivia Rodrigo - Sour

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Kanye West - Donda

lmao @ Donda. also this seems like a much larger list than usual. also gently caress dr. luke

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Guess we already forgot Doja was doing cam shows for Proud Boys or whatever that was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

insane that kanye and drake dropped behemoth albums after a musical drought this year and neither has had a single bit of cultural impact whatsoever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The kids love the Donda

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

^burtle posted:

Guess we already forgot Doja was doing cam shows for Proud Boys or whatever that was.

The gently caress?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
https://twitter.com/noreaga/status/1264681543320166401?s=21

She’s since escaped this

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As said before, that was a rumor made up after she got #1 on billboard.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

She had extremely online fans when she was a meme rapper so presumably it got weird sometimes

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Its personal for me because the website that broke the rumor, I and my fam used for years. Doja was in the music industry for a while with so high and go to town but she wasn't mainstream. Nobody gave a gently caress about her. But she was extremely online and modded a tinychat room way back. Tinychat is like zoom but public. So someone took a screenshot and it had black and white people in it but they said the white guys looked like proud boys and there you go. She blew up so fast after moo that people didn't see her coming until she collabo'd with nicki on say so. Megan was blowing up on tiktok with savage and she collab'd with beyonce. So it was a race to see who's song would go #1. Doja's song did and less than 24 hours later, the rumor started.

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUKTjCpgNl4

kaytra x mach hommy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
These are all the rap ones

quote:

Best rap song
Bath Salts - DMX ft Jay-Z and Nas
Best Friend - Saweetie ft Doja Cat
Family Ties - Baby Keem ft Kendrick Lamar
Jail - Kanye West ft Jay-Z
My Life - J Cole ft 21 Savage & Morray

Best rap album
The Off-Season - J Cole
Certified Lover Boy - Drake
King's Disease II - Nas
Call Me If You Get Lost - Tyler, The Creator
Donda - Kanye West

Best melodic rap performance
Pride is the Devil - J Cole ft Lil Baby
Need To Know - Doja Cat
Industry Baby - Lil Nas X
What's Your Name - Tyler, The Creator ft Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dolla $ign
Hurricane - Kanye West ft The Weeknd and Lil Baby

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
When did "melodic rap" become a distinct category lmfao

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

temple posted:

Its personal for me because the website that broke the rumor, I and my fam used for years. Doja was in the music industry for a while with so high and go to town but she wasn't mainstream. Nobody gave a gently caress about her. But she was extremely online and modded a tinychat room way back. Tinychat is like zoom but public. So someone took a screenshot and it had black and white people in it but they said the white guys looked like proud boys and there you go. She blew up so fast after moo that people didn't see her coming until she collabo'd with nicki on say so. Megan was blowing up on tiktok with savage and she collab'd with beyonce. So it was a race to see who's song would go #1. Doja's song did and less than 24 hours later, the rumor started.

Didn't the rumor start because she said she would show tits if she got to number one, got there and then said she was obviously joking.

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

prayer group posted:

dude do you have any drake opinions

I've seen the memes about him that imply he's too nice but haven't ever listened to any of his music

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

insane that kanye and drake dropped behemoth albums after a musical drought this year and neither has had a single bit of cultural impact whatsoever.

Washed the Throne

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

t a s t e posted:

The kids love the Donda

Yeah, Praise God is all over Tik Tok.

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

^burtle posted:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

^burtle posted:

I know we already got to the bottom of this one but “I guess we all forgot about the vague transgression that I myself do not remember!” is a very funny post

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Harminoff posted:

Didn't the rumor start because she said she would show tits if she got to number one, got there and then said she was obviously joking.

But she already shows plenty of boob in her music videos

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Probably. A lot of stuff come out on her. Like pics of her stripping on skype. Tinychat and skype were wild back in those days before tumblr died.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw doja live recently and it was very good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://youtu.be/tL2eoIHipDE

Been playing this on repeat for a week+

man it sounds like it was recorded on an open highway and that just contributes to the grimy feel. extremely good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Junpei posted:

But she already shows plenty of boob in her music videos

She really made up for it in one of those music videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Escobarbarian posted: