Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

6hr probate for any carrots on this page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:heysexy:

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Ratjaculation posted:

6hr probate for any carrots on this page

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

I'm just saying that goons were like 'wow great it's here!' and it was like being overjoyed that toast arrived

this is how most of the wacky specials fast food places have are to me now. They are rarely better than just getting what I enjoy, so why bother

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Did you guys/gals like stuffing when you were kids? Do you like it now?

I think most people didn't like it as a kid but like it as adults, confirm/deny?

I didn't as a kid, I love it now.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I think most people didn't like it as a kid but like it as adults, confirm/deny?

I've liked stuffing since I was kid, my only stipulation is that it's not wet. I'd rather dry stuffing than wet stuffing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The stuffing recipe my mother made/makes is literally my favorite food on the earth and pretty much always was.

Stuffing is a land of contrasts, though, and some is very bad

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I'm just saying that goons were like 'wow great it's here!' and it was like being overjoyed that toast arrived

Look, I don’t have a lot going on right now OK?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't usually give a crap about stuffing.

And when I DO want it? It's not the home made stuff, I want some doctored up stove top to go with some pork chops on a random Tuesday.

Most home made stuff sucks rear end

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bagmonkey posted:

I've liked stuffing since I was kid, my only stipulation is that it's not wet. I'd rather dry stuffing than wet stuffing

I love stuffing, but I dunno about this. I mean, drenched so that its just falling apart would be bad but if its soaking up the turkey juices then thats some good poo poo right there. Its why you use old bread for stuffing, so you can get max juice absorption

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Throw some ground sausage in there too

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like if you had to have an hour long meeting about how mad you are professionally things MIGHT be going off the rails.
Think about who's saying this.

I know you're right, and thanks for the advice.

My anger is coming from a place of frustration that we can't make a decision and get moving again. It's my job to get us around that and I either haven't been listening or I haven't been asking the right questions.

Thanks poster big beef city. I'm gonna print that post out and frame it to remind me that I'm getting actually madder than you act and that's just dumb.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I love stuffing, but I dunno about this. I mean, drenched so that its just falling apart would be bad but if its soaking up the turkey juices then thats some good poo poo right there. Its why you use old bread for stuffing, so you can get max juice absorption

No, no no no! Inside turkey stuffing, that's expected. But there's always extra stuffing. And if the stuffing that wasn't in the turkey is wet, disgusting. Get that outta here.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nerd friends, should I buy a 40mm pancake lens? It's finally back in stock and cheaper than everywhere else

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

No, no no no! Inside turkey stuffing, that's expected. But there's always extra stuffing. And if the stuffing that wasn't in the turkey is wet, disgusting. Get that outta here.

Oh... Yeah I don't actually put my stuffing inside the turkey, its in a tray underneath it when its cooking. So I guess I never have any "extra" stuffing lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Family calls used to call it dressing instead of stuffing. So young me hearing that for the first time, thought "hey we like ranch dressing, surely we like turkey and dressing too"

Boy was I surprised when this brown mush was served to me. Even worse it was a year my great grandma decided to experiment with raisins in the dressing. Didn't touch the stuff for years.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bagmonkey posted:

Nerd friends, should I buy a 40mm pancake lens? It's finally back in stock and cheaper than everywhere else

Not sure why you need a monocle just to look at pancakes but follow your heart.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Not sure why you need a monocle just to look at pancakes but follow your heart.

I will post pictures from my pancake soon

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm Hungry And I Don't Know What To Do About It

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

I’d recommend eating. Usually works for me.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You could close that Adele thread and see if that fixes it, that's a gaping hole you could fill

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

You could close that Adele thread and see if that fixes it, that's a gaping hole you could fill

that sounds really interesting ill get right on it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

You should make an omelette, with meat and cheese and onions and mushrooms

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

Grilled Cheese by Not Alton Brown

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You should make an omelette, with meat and cheese and onions and mushrooms

I'm waiting on a prescription to be filled before I wade in to the mad house of the grocery store so pickings are slim :manning:

I could make a crispy chicken patty sandwich, or an omelette (eggs and cheese only)

or ramen

or yakisoba

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm or chicken nuggies

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
or I could order a big rear end Italian sub and eat it while watching KOREAN THRILLER TELEVISION SHOW

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

I'm waiting on a prescription to be filled before I wade in to the mad house of the grocery store so pickings are slim :manning:

I could make a crispy chicken patty sandwich, or an omelette (eggs and cheese only)

or ramen

or yakisoba

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm or chicken nuggies

are you in the frozen foods section of Costco

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bagmonkey posted:

are you in the frozen foods section of Costco

My apartment has a freezer, which I previously stored frozen foods in.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aardvark! posted:

My apartment has a freezer, which I previously stored frozen foods in.

Close enough, yakisoba

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

before I wade in to the mad house of the grocery store

This might suck a lot. There was an employee at my local grocery store today that was running around and asking shoppers what they needed so people wouldn't waste time looking for non existent items because the shelves were so loving empty.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Zil posted:

Family calls used to call it dressing instead of stuffing.

Dressing is outside the turkey, stuffing is inside the turkey.

Now, anyone who brings up this again or uses these terms unironically will get my fist stuffed in thier mouth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
While I was at BK earlier I noticed they were advertising GHOST PEPPER spicy nuggs. Anyone tried em yet? If so, how disappointing are they?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

I'm Hungry And I Don't Know What To Do About It, or A Mod's Story
written by A. Train Enthusiast

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This might suck a lot. There was an employee at my local grocery store today that was running around and asking shoppers what they needed so people wouldn't waste time looking for non existent items because the shelves were so loving empty.

Hello from the other side

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait what? Where do you live?

e: ohhhh because of thanksgiving, not because of shortages. Got it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Prof. Crocodile posted:

e: ohhhh because of thanksgiving, not because of shortages. Got it.

I mean, its kinda both I think.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I mean, its kinda both I think.

Hiring Mel Gibson to drive a tanker truck full of chicken stock across the desert through raider territory.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

But in the end it turns out that Mels truck was just a decoy full of bread crumbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

b... bread crumbs???!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll9VmZ6EOng