Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone want a cup of :murder: to wake up to?

AITA for leaving my mom’s early when her whole family took Christmas photos?

quote:

Me (16M) and my mom don’t have much a good relationship. They had a bad divorce after my mom left my dad for some guy when I was 7 and I only saw her once every 6 months cause she got married then buys with her new family. Since last year she wanted us to start talking more and seeing eachother. And finally met my two half brothers who r 6 and 4. Then her 2 other step kids around same age as me. I’m only with her on weekends and last one they were doing Christmas photos they send to the family. And I mean her husband’s family and also my mom’s. So like my grandparents, my aunts , cousins etc.

They had a photographer actually come. Everyone was dressed for it except me and she told me it just wouldn’t make sense if I’m in it since the pics are also going to her husband’s family’s side. But then I argued well our family’s side is getting pics of his kids so why does it matter? Like she said she wanted me to be part of their family when I started staying over since last year but now they don’t want me included in their family photo. My mom told me it’s not a big deal and I just went upstairs while they did the thing. Idk why but it just made me really mad but also sad. I didn’t wanna stay there weekend so my dad came after sending him a txt. My mom argued with him outside because it was only Friday. And I told her I didn’t wanna stay there if she doesn’t wanna include me in their family and I’d rather go be with my dad. My mom is still mad about it. She says she didn’t mean to treat me that way but how I behaved after cutting out our time was mean and that hurt her feelings.

And I’m TA for reacting that way basically. For me it still hurt so maybe that why I don’t see if I was wrong or not cutting off our weekend short. AITA?

Oh hey, I ditched you for 8 years of your life, but since when I was ready to play family you weren't, you're not my family any more kid sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

hawowanlawow posted:

I believe the current forum guidance is to pretend all these DID havers are totally real and not to make fun of them

It's not. We stopped doing mock threads because it turns out they're mostly harmless teens doing embarassing teen poo poo, and there's an unending font of much worse people on the internet.

This person is either a fully conscious rear end in a top hat hiding behind the worst excuse, or in need of actual professional mental care to figure out what is going on in their head. There's really no way to tell online, but a non-zero amount of these fake self-diagnoses are built on different real disorders that the poster lacks the means to properly diagnose and address.

Mormon Nailer posted:

You, too, are genuinely pure and good. This is the wholesome motivational comedy I needed in my life at 3am, thank you.

Hey, thanks. I had a pretty mediocre day and it's nice to hear I've at least brightened someone else's a little. :)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Man, what a loser, holding down a job and housing us despite the fact that we can't provide for our child and bringing another into this world.

Not only that, he’s such a loser that he can afford to house them, for free, in a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco

A good chunk of the country would kill to be that much of a loser

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Barudak posted:

Not your intention but you reminded me of the absolutely horrendous roleplaying game Beast where everyone was like "hey this is a deeply hosed up premise where you play an abuser who justifies all their actions" and then it came to light the lead dev/writer was in fact an abuser.

Don't forget that the last book he wrote for included a faction of Beasts that were supernaturally compelled to rape people and the text was saying that they should be applauded for the heroic fortitude it takes to go even one day without raping someone.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

DemoneeHo posted:

Every time we (25m,26f) go out to eat she orders something “exotic” and hates it then expects to switch meals with me. She sees this as “quirky,” I’m about to leave her it’s so frustrating. What are some solutions?
Update: my (25m) fiancé (26f) always orders exotic food she hates then forces me to switch meals with her. She had a melt down when I wouldn’t eat her crab legs from a sports bar on Saturday.
have an exotic food day. sunday funday is to go to _________town and buy a bunch of local foods.
last weekend a friend and i sampled a large platter of beer from an ip place that brews their own beers. yeah, 99% of them tasted like a basement, but the bar food itself was good.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

WIBTA for not telling my siblings about their true paternity and taking everything in my dads will?

quote:

I (38) have been NC with my dad and 2 younger siblings for many years. My dad always treated me like crap because he was convinced that my mom cheated on him (because she did - a lot) and trapped him into a lovely marriage and that I was not biologically his. For my 13th bday my dad bought me a paternity test and even though the test results came back that I am indeed his, he accused me (or my mother) of sleeping with the test guy. lol. I have also done a ancentryDNA test and also matched with all his relatives, so i’m pretty sure that unfortunately he is my bio dad.

I have known for a long time that my younger sister was not my dads. When I did my ancestrydna test, my sister wanted to get one too. My mom freaked out, admitted her indiscretion and begged me to convince my sister that it was a waste of money and that she could just have a copy of my results. I did, because I thought I was protecting her and she was going through a rough time at the time.

I recently got a notification about a ancestrydna match. I looked it up and it looks like my brothers ex wife got one of the kits for both of my brothers kids. And low and behold my brothers kids only seem to share relatives from my moms side. (FYI My profile uses a screenname so she would not have recognized who I was).

My brother and sister have been really lovely to me for years. Comments about how I “owed” their dad for him putting a roof over my head as a child, and how dare I accept items from “their” grandmothers estate ect.

I put up with it for years because they are younger and honestly not that bright. I thought that they’d come around eventually.

My dad made sure in a drunken fight with my mother to give me a copy of his will (still have it) so that I knew that he had put a stipulation in there about his estate being divided amongst his biological children. I know that he has not changed his will since because his mental capacity has changed (TMI).

WIBTA if I did not tell my siblings, and just let this play out at the will reading? Take everything, and kick them out of the family home? (I would also be setting up funds for my nephew since my loser brother doesn’t pay child support).

My husband thinks that this is stooping to their level. As they both rely on his estate currently for survival. So this will ruin them. They have no education or way to support themselves currently.

But I kinda want to stoop.

For my birthday, my dad got me one of those 50 page astrology shart things which was pretty cool. Way cooler than a paternity test, imo.

AITA for calling a woman in the supermarket a creep

quote:

Today I took my 3 month old twins to the supermarket by myself while my wife had a day to herself (she is a stay at home and I have been working a lot more due to the holidays)

While shopping my daughter pooped, and I mean she POOPED. There’s no changing tables in the men’s room and there was no family bathroom. I went to the Starbucks in the store and asked if I could change her on one of the tables in the back (I have a blanket and a changing pad in my bag, her rear end wouldn’t be on the bare table) The barista said yes so I got to business.

An older woman, probably late 40’s early 50’s came up to me and started talking to my son who I was baby wearing on my back. He’s cute so I didn’t pay any mind. She then started telling me I needed to make sure to wipe her “little tookie” referring to her privates. I told her I am well aware of how to change a diaper, she continued to critique (best word I can use) my wiping style and eventually when I went to change her clothes due to baby poop blowout and while I was putting her dirty clothes in a waste bag, the woman goes to put her clothes on her. I snatched my daughter up off the table and told the woman “I don’t need someone else dressing my baby, go away you creep.” The woman looked flabbergasted and then started crying saying she was only trying to help. Pretty much everyone in the surrounding area told me that was an over reaction and she was only trying to assist me.

I feel bad for snapping at her. My wife told me not to because she would have done the same thing, but I feel like a douche bag.

AITA?

Edit: I have not had a comment asking this but I will put this out there

I did not go to my car to change them because I did not have a car. I walked to the store that is only about a 5 minute walk, and I was not going to make my baby sit in poop while I finished shopping.

Final edit: I changed my baby on the table because I wasn’t going to allow my infant to sit in poo poo while I put my groceries back and walked home. I realize changing her on the table was not the best idea, but it was my only option. I could not change her on the floor of the men’s room with my other baby still on me, and the store manager told me it was alright and they will sanitize as soon as I was done. I also did not think to ask to use the women’s changing station. I recognize that I, as a 6’7 male, and intimidating and even with my two babies I thought it would be an issue. In the future I will make sure to ask, thank you for everyone who suggested it.

Just to add, I didn’t ask if I was an rear end in a top hat for changing my daughter on the table, and I don’t particularly care if you think I am. I asked if I was the rear end in a top hat for how I responded to the woman. Thank you.

Uhh? Who the gently caress starts handling random stranger's nude babies? That's weird!!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

InsertPotPun posted:

have an exotic food day. sunday funday is to go to _________town and buy a bunch of local foods.
last weekend a friend and i sampled a large platter of beer from an ip place that brews their own beers. yeah, 99% of them tasted like a basement, but the bar food itself was good.

The weirdest part to me is that the "exotic" food at restaurants is pretty much always the best thing on the menu. Hell yeah I'll have whatever bizarre special you're offering, gimme them crickets or kidneys or bird's nests or whatever.

Like do they just go to poo poo restaurants that deliberately put items they're not equipped to cook properly on the menu, or are they just both picky eaters? Sports bar crab sounds like the former, but also this has been going on for several years?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

value-brand cereal posted:

For my birthday, my dad got me one of those 50 page astrology shart things

If you're having a 50-page shart you need to eat more fiber.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The weirdest part to me is that the "exotic" food at restaurants is pretty much always the best thing on the menu. Hell yeah I'll have whatever bizarre special you're offering, gimme them crickets or kidneys or bird's nests or whatever.

Like do they just go to poo poo restaurants that deliberately put items they're not equipped to cook properly on the menu, or are they just both picky eaters? Sports bar crab sounds like the former, but also this has been going on for several years?
lol yeah i ignored that part because there's a large segment of the population for which "exotic" is very hastily defined. no shade on people without an expanded pallet, that just makes it easier to find "exotic" foods for them to try ("would you like a bluuuuue banana!!!???"). and, in fact, i introduced someone to pho for the first time and it became their favorite food.
honestly it sounds like she would have been impressed by a fancy cheese plate but he just wants 50's american food.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Uhh? Who the gently caress starts handling random stranger's nude babies? That's weird!!

Dads on their own with little kids get alllllllll the free advice in the word from older women, it's loving annoying.

Also I can't believe the supermarket didn't have a changing table in the men's room, that sucks and I would probably complain to the manager if I went regularly cause that's who I am now. They are definitely less common in men's rooms in general but I've never been to a supermarket or big box store that didn't have one

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hello Ketene posted:

from r/DID

Racist alter recently fronted

"I was hacked" but IRL

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

camoseven posted:

Dads on their own with little kids get alllllllll the free advice in the word from older women, it's loving annoying.

Also I can't believe the supermarket didn't have a changing table in the men's room, that sucks and I would probably complain to the manager if I went regularly cause that's who I am now. They are definitely less common in men's rooms in general but I've never been to a supermarket or big box store that didn't have one

Ugh yes. "Oh, is dad babysitting today?" No bitch I'm taking my son to the store because I enjoy spending time with him.

Also finding changing tables in mens rooms was always a unique challenge that I never really thought about until I had a kid. My son is 7 now so I haven't needed one for years but I still take note every time I go into a public restroom.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

camoseven posted:

He probably also could have just flagged down an employee to stand guard in front of the women’s restroom while he used the changing table that I assume was in there.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I've definitely had my daughter stand sentry duty outside the women's restroom while I changed my son.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Ethiser posted:

He probably also could have just flagged down an employee to stand guard in front of the women’s restroom while he used the changing table that I assume was in there.

Absolutely.

Have them check and make sure its empty and then not allow anyone in for the 5 minutes it takes to change the baby.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hello Ketene posted:

from r/DID

Racist alter recently fronted

This is like when a kid draws all over the wall with permanent marker and then blames a ghost.

Oh, and I have buttons now, but only for this thread.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for giving away my neighbour's Avocados?

quote:

So this is a bit bizarre.

I have 7 different avocado trees, 3 mango trees, 4 types of peach trees, mulberry, pomegranate, lemon, orange, guava, granadilla and apricot trees in my yard. I also grow almost every herb and veggie you can think of.

It's only my mom and I in the house, so of cause we welcome anyone to come in the yard and pick fruit and veggies throughout the year should they want / need to.

Now there's one avocado tree that is really close to my neighbour's yard (but doesn't go over her fence). She has been using the avocado trees for free, for years now because she has a catering business (I didn't mind and still don't).

Yesterday, someone came over to ask for Avocados carrying two big baskets, I of cause said they're welcome to go pick some and to just close the gate when they're done then I went back to watching my shows. (Avocados are pretty annoying because during windy times like right now, most ripe ones just end up on the ground and I have to clean them up the next morning, so anyone who comes to pick some avos would actually be helping me)

I thought nothing of it, until this morning when my neighbor came banging down our front door asking me why I gave away her Avocados, I was a bit confused so asked her what she means?

She then said she's an avocado supplier for a restaurant a few kilometers away but I ruined it by giving the owners daughter baskets of the Avocados and I ruined her business because now because the lady said she'd just come over here to ask for Avocados and she would even offer my mom and I money (which we wouldn't accept because my grandma raised my mom and I to never sell free things that are needed in the community).

She blew off at my mom and I then said we really are the witches everyone thinks we are (all because my late grandma was a herbalist and most people try to grow trees, plants and veggies etc in our area but never succeed but it's no problem for us).

I feel bad that us giving away fruit might have ruined the neighbors livelihood (her family really needs every cent) but AITA for giving away Avocados?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is like when a kid draws all over the wall with permanent marker and then blames a ghost.

Finally, the sanctity of National Eat A Cranberry Day can be upheld.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Combo posted:

Also finding changing tables in mens rooms was always a unique challenge that I never really thought about until I had a kid. My son is 7 now so I haven't needed one for years but I still take note every time I go into a public restroom.

It's interesting how one can look at things like that (or the lack thereof) without really seeing. When my mom injured her foot I spent about 6 months helping her around and we both noticed a lot of accessibility things we'd never had to think about before. The sidewalk in front of her physical therapy office had both a ramp and stairs with a handrail, and it turned out the handrail was loose and needed to be repaired. Best we (and the people in the office, they were great about it once pointed out) can figure, anyone who would have needed to rely on the handrail had just used the ramp until we caught that, and everyone else had seen the rail without thinking about it, or just dismissed the wobble since it didn't consciously become a thing to deal with. I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff I still miss, but that time opened my eyes to trying to notice as much of it as I can both when done well and not.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

My condolences.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

teen witch and pope corky fanfic when

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

circumsized, virgin corpses; do you tip?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

cheaters are good and cool

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

circumsized, virgin corpses; do you tip?

This is the weirdest cover of "we didn't start the fire"

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

You would be absolutely shocked how many middle-aged women will just touch a baby without asking. When I wear my daughter in a carrier I have had to literally smack peoples' hands away, and I don't feel the least bit bad about the reaction. I've rarely had anyone not ask before petting my dog, but a human? Fair game in their mind.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

I too, yearn to be an avacado witch.

Bruceski posted:

It's interesting how one can look at things like that (or the lack thereof) without really seeing. When my mom injured her foot I spent about 6 months helping her around and we both noticed a lot of accessibility things we'd never had to think about before. The sidewalk in front of her physical therapy office had both a ramp and stairs with a handrail, and it turned out the handrail was loose and needed to be repaired. Best we (and the people in the office, they were great about it once pointed out) can figure, anyone who would have needed to rely on the handrail had just used the ramp until we caught that, and everyone else had seen the rail without thinking about it, or just dismissed the wobble since it didn't consciously become a thing to deal with. I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff I still miss, but that time opened my eyes to trying to notice as much of it as I can both when done well and not.

Yea, my mom was disabled for most of my life, so I got sensitive to accessibility stuff like that. Like I currently work in an office, and if a person in a wheelchair tried to come in for whatever reason, there are at least three barriers I know of that they would not be able to overcome. So I guess wheelchair bound people just don't get to work at this company! I see poo poo like that all the time, but the most response I get is "oh yea, that sucks. Oh well!" and no one cares. It's kind of infuriating at times.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 23, 2021

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

AceClown posted:

I was very close to forgiving wedding dude until...

yeah, 99.999% chance he already received an apology with the rsvp in the form of "sorry but I can't make it for x reasons"

that's what the rsvp is for, say you can come or send your ragerts.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

General Bullshit > r/relationships: Pope Corky the IX's House of Weird Anecdotes

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for standing up for my girlfriend when she didn't like my mom's joke, even though I didn't get the issue?

quote:

I've been dating "Anna" for a year and a half and her and my mom have never clicked. She finds my mom rude and overbearing (she is overbearing in a weird way where she is never around but when she stops by for an hour, packs in a couple months' worth of judgment and then has to run) She especially doesn't like my mom's sense of humor and finds her loud and annoying. My mom is super outgoing. I've been calling my mom out on some of her rude and entitled behavior, and my mom's attitude is mostly that if we don't like her, we don't have to be around her, but why should she change. My mom has said in private that she finds Anna extremely uptight and hard to be around.

A few weeks ago my mom had a black and white party. My mom lives in a super rich pretentious circle and themed parties like that are really common. I know in some areas it is rude to tell guests what to wear, but my mom's friends are always having themed parties in which you have to go out and buy new clothes. They are all rich. None of them care. Anna didn't have a dress that was black or white and is a broke college student, so she asked if she could wear navy and I said that would be fine.

This party was actually a surprise wedding and my mom's only reason for lying about not it being a party and not telling anyone she was engaged was so she could wear a pinkish metalic dress and ensure no one else was in color. Anna was slightly concerned about the navy and my mom being a bridezilla, but when my mom came over after the ceremony she didn't seem to notice.

Anna apologized for wearing navy and said she didn't have black. My mom said "I'll literally think about this on my death bed." I get she was kidding, but Anna cited it as another example of her being rude and obnoxious. She asked me to tell my mom that the joke was out of line, so I waited until after the honeymoon and called her and just let her know that made Anna feel bad and I've told her like seven different times not to joke with her.

My mom said it was literally ridiculous that I called her and wasted her time with such a petty complaint, and she is just over attempting to have any relationship with Anna. I said she was being dumb, but my mom said she's sick of us and she'll see us at Christmas at my aunt's house but she is done talking to Anna at all and I better not call her up to complain about that.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Soylent Pudding posted:

So they’re yours, in your yard, that you’ve been freely giving to your neighbor, who then sells them within the community against your express wishes?

YTA for picking that title and making me read all that poo poo you wrote seeking internet stranger validation, Redditor.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for standing up for my girlfriend when she didn't like my mom's joke, even though I didn't get the issue?

Mom sounds like total grief to have to know, yet somehow is completely in the right. Well perhaps not in the way she raised her son, he's a dolt.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Serephina posted:

Mom sounds like total grief to have to know, yet somehow is completely in the right. Well perhaps not in the way she raised her son, he's a dolt.

Even when people like the mom are in the right, they're still TA.

However "You ruined my wedding." isn't really a joke, it's just abuse.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

both mom and girlfriend seem obnoxious

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for covertly losing weight as a bridesmaid & refusing to be set up with her friend after overhearing the bride call me fat?

quote:

My (30/F) friend Kate's (30/F) wedding was last weekend. We went to grad school together but haven't seen each other in person in about two years, though we've FaceTimed and kept up enough since then enough to where she invited me to be in her wedding. (However, a large part of this is that her fiance Kyle (30/M) has EIGHT groomsmen and she needed enough people). About six months before the wedding the bridesmaids were all talking in a group chat on Discord, and I overheard Kate (who must have thought she was on mute or that her voice wouldn't carry) rather snidely turn to Kyle and say that I would "round out" the group because I would be a good "counterweight" to her fiance's friend Tim, the idea being that Tim and I were both obese. When she moved back toward the mic and said something about not being on mute, I acted like I couldn't hear anything, and said something like "Yeah, you were really far away, you sounded like you were underwater, I couldn't hear you."

I had been planning on losing weight anyway, but I lost thirty five pounds of fat in six months and put on four pounds of muscle largely out of spite. I've always hated pictures of myself and don't maintain social media, so it wasn't outside of the norm for no one to see me. As soon I knew what my plan was I ordered a size down in my bridesmaid's dress, then had it tailored in a little more. I wore the tightest Lululemons I could find when I met everyone at the hotel the day before, and seeing the visceral shock on Kate's face was priceless. At the wedding I still walked in with Tim, but he was a bit stiff and awkward around me which I attributed to nerves or just not caring for strangers. Later, after enough alcohol had been passed around, the truth finally came out that Kate wanted to set me up with Tim, which I refused, and before she was 86'ed Kate said "you're not supposed to be skinnier than me, you're upstaging me at my own wedding." We didn't have a knock-down, drag-out fight and it wasn't particularly dramatic, but apparently the other bridesmaids and groomsmen got the impression that I had somehow been a bitch to Tim and that it was lovely of me to refuse a date with him. Kate and I haven't spoken since the reception, during which I said "Congratulations" and essentially ghosted after things went south, and now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm the rear end in a top hat.

dont worry there's at least one redditor saying YTA for not dating Tim, who by her account didn't even ask her out himself

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
That's a hell of alot of weight to lose out of spite

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Beachcomber posted:

However "You ruined my wedding." isn't really a joke, it's just abuse.

What?! Bride made no comments about gf's appearance, gf unprompted brought it up, bride made a dismissive joke that was interpreted by all present as being facetious.

If the bride has responded with "Who cares, forget about it!" would the accusation be she's dismissing the concerns of others, and gaslighting? If you go looking for abuse you'll find it everywhere.

That point that's brought up often is bang-on here: This version of events (assuming true, yadda yadda) written by the OP paints them in the most flattering light. He and his gf still come off as self-centered navel-gazers trying to find umbrage at normal conversation. And that's before the whole "chasing down people on their honeymoon so you can start petty fights" thing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I am judging the guy a bit for using the table.
I would have just changed the baby on the floor. It's a Starbucks, not the marsh.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I have known some people with trouble understanding sarcasm, and vowing that you will remember someone’s fashion choice on your deathbed after they have apologized and when you didn’t even tell people that they were going to a wedding seems like a *pretty clear* joke. to me, at least, that means the only reasons to get offended by the mom dismissing anna’s fashion transgression are:

2) that the mom is saying that anna didn’t actually have the power to ruin the wedding, implying that annas presence isn’t as key to the wedding as all that, and anna is insulted by that

and/or

2) that anna is to be pitied and wasn’t expected to meet the wardrobe requirements on account of being a dirty poor, and anna is insulted by that

either way anna is taking it waaaay too personally.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 23, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

kimbo305 posted:

I am judging the guy a bit for using the table.
I would have just changed the baby on the floor. It's a Starbucks, not the marsh.

Not just any marsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's no way a Starbucks mensroom floor is anything close to as sanitary as a marsh