Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"uhhhh what do Republicans stand for"

What they stand for is pretty loving lovely, but at least we loving know what they stand for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

they stand for brunch, going back to

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The party of "no u"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the party of game theory

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dems exist to perpetuate the lobbyist and campaign finance machine

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/polialertcom/status/1463231134515539972
take however many seats u thought the dems were gonna lose and double it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

biden's new campaign strategy is to tell voters "boy, wouldn't it be terrible if there was a single ruler in charge who could accomplish things on a whim without endless horse trading and obstructionism? That would be the worst thing to ever happen to America, anyway, vote for me"

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Pryor on Fire posted:

yes, the US, famous for opposing authoritarianism abroad

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

"Biden needs an enemy" lmao they're going to trick themselves into boosting trump for the easy layup and get destroyed again

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

UP AND ADAM posted:

I like when the democrat party loses

same

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pryor on Fire posted:

nobody gonna notice the same ol' weasel words from the consent factory

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

they stand for brunch, going back to

Back to brunch?
No, more worries!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Now a bunch of state department spooks are gonna have to work a bunch of unpaid OT explaining to all the right wing dictators we prop up that Joe doesn't mean we're going to stop

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The party is imploding, and will not meaningfully exist more then a decade after 2024 at the current rate.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Smythe posted:

ive never seen this before but 15 mins in im already jumping up and down on my chair hooting and hollaring. im firing my revolvers into the ceiling and throwing whiskey bottles all over the place. overturning card table, etc.

smh @ not using an ad blocker

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

the politics knower thinks his list of what republicans will do with power is different than what the dems are doing now.

https://twitter.com/vonderosten/status/1462067565811937292?s=21

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

"Biden needs an enemy" lmao they're going to trick themselves into boosting trump for the easy layup and get destroyed again

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

the highlight of lib brainworms is jon stewart cackling about Trump running for president against hillary then loving vanishing then only returning now that le cheeto is gone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pryor on Fire posted:

democrats can't even be assed to pass the bill that would save their majority, let alone stop "authoritarianism" lmao

(the US is already an authoritarian state)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Noob Saibot posted:

This is silly. This nation has immigration laws and people should follow the rules to Immigrate here.

I know some people don’t want to hear that but then you need to work with your elected officials to get the laws changed.

So Donald Trump was merely enforcing the law you mean.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Lastgirl posted:

you should definitely hinge the fate of a democracy on some dweeb named Cliston

It sucks because if you rearranged two letters his name would be Clitson and that'd be fuckin cool lmao

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

i liked this, thanks!

Smythe posted:

this guy is so drat articulate, drat! really speaks with an enviable clarity of prose. i wish i could line up my thoughts as elegantly as he does.

Read Chris hedges books if you can

I’d start with American Fascists and America the Farewell Tour

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lord of Pie posted:

Now a bunch of state department spooks are gonna have to work a bunch of unpaid OT explaining to all the right wing dictators we prop up that Joe doesn't mean we're going to stop

"Nothing will fundamentally change"

Noob Saibot posted:

This is silly. This nation has immigration laws and people should follow the rules to Immigrate here.

I know some people don’t want to hear that but then you need to work with your elected officials to get the laws changed.

This is a really terrible gimmick

Cup Runneth Over has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Nov 23, 2021

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the highlight of lib brainworms is jon stewart cackling about Trump running for president against hillary then loving vanishing then only returning now that le cheeto is gone

same but with south park all of a sudden "not wanting to do politics" when trump got elected

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I went to his "Make America polite again" rally. :downsrim:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Democrats are entirely open about what they stand for: a strong Republican Party. They literally cannot stop saying it out loud on camera.

Anyway thanks to whomever posted the Hedges stuff. Picking up some of his books this evening.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MLSM posted:

He's a incredible writer especially how he artfully deconstructs the downward spiral in America, with leaders like Trump being symptoms of the moral breakdown of society.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/stat...ingawful.com%2F

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how none of this bad dem analyis even looked what sort dem candidates they were running in VA especially with another has been from the original Clinton campaign

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MLSM posted:

:bisonyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

CaptainACAB posted:

It sucks because if you rearranged two letters his name would be Clitson and that'd be fuckin cool lmao

"No son of man can defeat me, foolish mortal."
*Clitson stands up*

salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

same but with south park all of a sudden "not wanting to do politics" when trump got elected

this one got me because trey and matt would have went nuclear on clinton if she won. they probably had to scrap a poo poo ton of material they had planned for her term. and then not a peep about trump until the end of 2020

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

etalian posted:

He's a incredible writer especially how he artfully deconstructs the downward spiral in America, with leaders like Trump being symptoms of the moral breakdown of society.

He seems to echo a lot of Christopher Lasch's ideas, but they both speak truth on the clear failures of our liberal elites. Hedges in particular is a great speaker, and you can hear his Christian minister background when he is condemning the failures of the powerful like an Old Testament prophet.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Top Gun Reference posted:

this interview is one of my earliest crack pings. nearly 10 years old and still relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtSnROYYBgI

thanks, watched the whole thing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I feel like I recall an interview with Matt & Trey where they were asked about Trump, and they had said they avoid him because he's the epitome of self-parody and hard to top

SNL tried it weekly and it was godawful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gay_crimes posted:

thanks, watched the whole thing

yep. its what separates the men from the boys. wheat from the chaff. small sons from big dawgs. little thing called theory. easy.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

yep. its what separates the men from the boys. wheat from the chaff. small sons from big dawgs. little thing called theory. easy.

Here’s hedges explaining why he’s on RT and stays off social media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jpUx2XJcU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

shyduck posted:

SNL weekly and it was godawful

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Smythe posted:

ive never seen this before but 15 mins in im already jumping up and down on my chair hooting and hollaring. im firing my revolvers into the ceiling and throwing whiskey bottles all over the place. overturning card table, etc.

lol you weren't joking this is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Troy Queef posted:

yeah, living in one of the Midwestern cities hardest hit by deindustrialization/capital consolidation has given me an insight into how the politics has changed. there's always been a sense of alienation here but the Obama years, where the Dems shifted their focus to the Sun Belt/Colorado/Virginia and the business class decided that the only places in the Central Time Zone that counted were Chicago/Texas/the Twin Cities, really kicked it into high gear. it's why some of the most whacko GOP pols (Hawley, Greitens, Josh Mandel, Scott Walker) have come out of these cut-adrift places. and unfortunately like I said young people here want nothing more than to pay $2k+ to live in a 4-over-1 in Nashville or Denver or Austin or Atlanta, or maybe head to Pittsburgh/Philly if they still want the Rust Belt experience, rather than try and save the Lou or the Land or the Nati.

Cloks posted:

Ohio Dems are good at a few things: stopping left primary challengers, taking money for development deals, inexplicably thinking John Cranley or Richard Cordray appeals to people

I grew-up in Youngstown and live 'round Cleveland and do paid political work. poo poo is even more hosed than these posts suggest, somehow, both sociologically and politically. just makes me sad (also angry; also lmao)