Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't believe you Chris!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

acceptable if, and only if, he does Captain Lou Albano's voice instead

anything else is impastabowl

no design changes whatsoever but Mario now sounds like he owns a bar in the Bronx, in the 70s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Let's get Chrono Cross out of the way so that we're only one troubled 90s Square RPG away from the Xenogears remake.
i dont want it. unless they brought back takahashi and the rest of the xeno crew. anyone else would have the incorrect and ill informed impulse, to "fix" disc 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

you could make the argument that weird and kinda busted but interesting is better than well-presented and paper-thin, though

Stop trying to justify your posting

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Xenogears given the FF7R treatment where you sorta turn it into an action game with RPG elements

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about xenogears, but better?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Make a xenogears FMV game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Stop trying to justify your posting

the delightful pink you get when your posts get quoted is justification enough for me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

How about xenogears, but better?

Just quote ur self?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congrats on remembering the colour Relax, I know you don't see it often :)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
when i get quoted it's just a lame yellow what the hell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Play posted:

when i get quoted it's just a lame yellow what the hell

Lol look at this light mode dork

Play
Apr 25, 2006

holy poo poo the browser version has a dark mode. oh my god

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Play posted:

holy poo poo the browser version has a dark mode. oh my god

enjoy

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Dark mode looks like I'm on a forbidden forum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Baller Time posted:

Dark mode looks like I'm on a forbidden forum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember you need a moon pearl to post in dark mode or you'll just become a rabbit

May 8, 2006

I just come to post with pals and the mods allow Rarity to bully me, seems like a pretty toxic thread imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

the delightful pink you get when your posts get quoted is justification enough for me

this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also square should remake some more stuff that never got localized "back in the day"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

I just come to post with pals and the mods allow Rarity to bully me, seems like a pretty toxic thread imo

I'm performing an important thread service

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
finished sonic forces last night. when i first started, i was feeling pretty meh about it. the game is full of awkwardly forced nostalgia, what with all the levels being named after classic zones and old antagonists coming back for ultimately little payoff. level design is also pretty bland, and i have no idea who thought it was a good idea to shoehorn classic sonic in when mania is standing right there making everything forces tries to do with him gameplay-wise look worse. and i hate the daily mission experience boost thing but that's just a modern game design thing now

that said, the more i think about forces the more i kinda love it. the levels are all pretty easy and simple, but they're a delight to blast through, and i'm so glad sonic team has finally accepted that it's okay to make a short game. it's fine to not pad things out with collectible collection or mandatory side missions! the music is fantastic to the point where i'm mad the game doesn't have a sound test menu, the tracks for avatar levels in particular, with pumping vocals, are so good and catchy! please do more of that! and sonic's friends are back! besides shadow, they don't really get to do anything, but the constant radio chatter was a welcome addition. the writing in general was definitely a mess in terms of plotting, but the big beats were cool and forces kinda scratched an itch that the series has been afraid of for years. for example, infinite. infinite is incredible. i love him, and i really hope sega brings him back. you don't have to justify it, i don't care. please throw zavok and the rest of the deadly six in the trash can forever and start putting infinite in the olympic games, he'd have a great time. seriously just listen to this if you haven't before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPRcLo1eWXc

uh anyway, the avatar is cool too. dress up rules in every game and sonic forces only proves it. i dig the style their grappling hook adds to their movement (drifting especially), and the levels where you tag team with sonic are all a blast. also, i'm just gonna say it: i don't care that the final boss is another rehash of the colors final boss. it's a good fight. in summation, forces is a mess of unrealized potential in many ways, but it also makes me hopeful for future games in a way lost world, boom, and (writing-wise) colors did not

i'm gonna replay a bunch of levels with shadow and super sonic (thank you free dlc), but as of posting, this is the final mainline sonic game! just three more to go overall!! next up is team sonic racing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Remember you need a moon pearl to post in dark mode or you'll just become a rabbit

this can be reversed by scooping up field mice in the forest and bopping them on the head

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

also square should remake some more stuff that never got localized "back in the day"

Bahamut Lagoon...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sonic Horses(hit)

i.e. “horseshit”. sorry for any confusion

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

Yeah thanks, maybe tell me a little sooner next time.

On the plus side my legs have never felt better.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sonic the Hedgehog would never hit horses, he is kind to all God's creatures

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Im a light mods user please don’t bully me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Sonic Horses(hit)

i.e. “horseshit”. sorry for any confusion

unfortunately horse is not one of the options when creating your avatar. for the record, they are: dog, wolf, cat, bunny, bird, bear, hedgehog

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

playing stardew valley for the first time

can totally see why this would be addicting. thankfully im different and won't get addicted

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Are the Grandia games good/at least interesting? I'm debating getting the HD collection on switch since it's on sale right now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mix. posted:

playing stardew valley for the first time

can totally see why this would be addicting. thankfully im different and won't get addicted

You can do it :)

May 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

nothing I could say would bully you more than this quote color

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bovis posted:

Are the Grandia games good/at least interesting? I'm debating getting the HD collection on switch since it's on sale right now

I found the first one pretty dang charming.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

nothing I could say would bully you more than this quote color

Ok the iOS app it doesn’t even give a color it’s dog water

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rarity posted:

I'm performing an important thread service

your avatar looks bad in dark mode get some transparency in that thing ffs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~