Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Earwolf will at least slightly outlast Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just listened to "Finding Gino Lombardo" yesterday. I hope that the season ends before I forget to unsubscribe in December.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Will Threedom still be on Earwolf? That announcement isn't saying that it's going to be a CBB World exclusive. Earwolf also just released a Threedom season 4 preview yesterday, so it'd be really funny for Scott to pull the rug out from under them like that.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I imagine it's the same as CBB. Ad free and archives on world, ads on free feed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In case you missed it, this week's CBB Presents is Lily Sullivan (playing herself) hosting an NPR-esque podcast entitled "This Book Changed My Life" with Mary Holland and Tim Baltz. Rest assured that at one point the three of them do a Beautiful Corpse reading of one of their fake book's (numerous, stunning) sex scenes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

im continuing my teacher's lounge relisten and dan telling drew during the minisodes that once every few weeks they lose him is a highlight.

"Bill, you said 'I'm a junkie' and then 'Nothin wrong with that,' those words don't...typically go together."

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

Earwolf will at least slightly outlast Lowtax.

Earwolf is an anagram for “Lowfear” which is a fact that you can think about

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paul Of Tompkins

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

And they just play all of Rasputin by Boney M at the end of today's Bonanas for Bonanza because Gourley got reminded of it in a conversation earlier.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just another reason why Bonanas is a top-tier podcast.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

kdrudy posted:

And they just play all of Rasputin by Boney M at the end of today's Bonanas for Bonanza because Gourley got reminded of it in a conversation earlier.

Who the Hell is Gourley? Was he the guest this week? I know Mutt Taylor and Amy Sleeverson, and of course Dalton Wilcox, The Poet Laureate of the West

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I struggle to understand the accents for a good chunk of the Royal watch episode of Bonusnanza, but god drat I’m gonna laugh every time the concept of Princess Ann getting yeeted off a horse comes into my brain.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I randomly remembered that someone in the earwolf “family” read SA and thought it was Andy but couldn’t remember (I only just stared listening to TFO so I never actually heard the clip)…anyways I was looking back at the history of the thread doing some digging… and Jeff Ulrich and Adam Sachs made accounts here and posted in like 2014 ??!

Like I can’t believe I didn’t know this after listening to CBB since like ‘11. I guess I’d expect it on like Reddit, but uhhhh not here haha, we were pulling some weight!

Anyways I’ll plug in that I’m happy I signed up for TFO patron and goddamn is Andy Daly killing it with Bonanas. Now on the verge of dropping some $ for big grande, perhaps finally convinced by Jethro…

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Crazyweasel posted:

I randomly remembered that someone in the earwolf “family” read SA and thought it was Andy but couldn’t remember (I only just stared listening to TFO so I never actually heard the clip)…anyways I was looking back at the history of the thread doing some digging… and Jeff Ulrich and Adam Sachs made accounts here and posted in like 2014 ??!

Like I can’t believe I didn’t know this after listening to CBB since like ‘11. I guess I’d expect it on like Reddit, but uhhhh not here haha, we were pulling some weight!

Anyways I’ll plug in that I’m happy I signed up for TFO patron and goddamn is Andy Daly killing it with Bonanas. Now on the verge of dropping some $ for big grande, perhaps finally convinced by Jethro…

the grey king definitely has an account and has posted in this thread and once had to try to explain what something awful was to carl hayes and sean because he had the forums open on his pc he was screen sharing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is why its imporant we are always on our best behavior

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Really wanna check out that Big Grande stage thing. Sounds like extremely my jam.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

the grey king definitely has an account and has posted in this thread and once had to try to explain what something awful was to carl hayes and sean because he had the forums open on his pc he was screen sharing

Didn't quotes from this thread get read out loud in an early Hollywood Handbook about user feedback?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Elea posted:

Didn't quotes from this thread get read out loud in an early Hollywood Handbook about user feedback?

Yeah when they were reading listener reviews of the Pauly Shore episode

"'Painful,' there's that word again!"

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah it starts at 1215 into HH #62

"There's people talking in a list and it says Something Awful at the top and it's like a bunch of, it looks like the Earwolf one but it's grey"

And it leads to one of my favorite Sean lines

"Oh and before people pile on me for only making the women's side of the sex noises in the sex noises part of the show. I just wanna say that I don't do man sex noises in my play acting because when I do that poo poo, it's loving real."

Elea fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 19, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sean is a funny guy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Being told I was eh wrong was the greatest honour of my life

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on TFO, when carl sees andy looking at SA and goes "what's 'something awful' andy?", andy then clicks on it and apparently one of the first things carl saw was a blue lives matter flag

andy tried to defend it by saying "that's not what this site stands for" but the damage had been done

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow, new CBB World show announced out of nowhere. Scott listens to music with his pals. Might be uh gooooooood. Rock and roll. Music?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not sure how CBBFM is kosher, to my knowledge you're only allowed to use up to 10 seconds of copyrighted music unless you pay exorbitant amounts to publishers for a broad license, but the show is great. Scott's got some good taste in music.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 21, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The World Inferno posted:

Not sure how CBBFM is kosher, to my knowledge you're only allowed to use up to 10 seconds of copyrighted music unless you pay exorbitant amounts to publishers for a broad license, but the show is great. Scott's got some good taste in music.

I ~believe~ there is an exception to that if you're commenting on or critiquing the music. The Hollywood Handbook boys got yelled at for using something as a backing track so they did it again but asked their guest what they thought about it. Iirc.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

They're pretending it's a terrestrial radio show so it has a radio license

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Scott's said ACAB

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
still doing my lounge relisten and the real person interviews is def momentum slowing once you get to those episodes but fake first, fake last, is still really funny

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Snooze Cruise posted:

still doing my lounge relisten and the real person interviews is def momentum slowing once you get to those episodes but fake first, fake last, is still really funny

Yeah, you can tell why that dropped that pretty article quickly. Although, D'Arcy Carden's was pretty good because of Todd Padre's jealousy. Also I think they read his script in that one, which is hilarious.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, you can tell why that dropped that pretty article quickly. Although, D'Arcy Carden's was pretty good because of Todd Padre's jealousy. Also I think they read his script in that one, which is hilarious.

One of the best clips.
https://youtu.be/qawi59Vwymo

I might misremember but didn't Matt Besser pretend to have gone to school with the Teachers? I remember his appearance just really confusing the concept they were going for.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, he was Matt Besser but also he had been a student that they narced on for selling weed? I think.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Definitely didn't work as well.

I'm doing a Strictly Business relisten (for like the third or fourth time). It's brilliant. Would be really nice if Drew Tarver somehow got around to doing a second season. And it's probably been discussed.....but he's parodying Rob Dyrdek....right?

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Remember when Matt Besser went from improv guy to weed stand up. Was that some 3d chess thing

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Scott's done radio before and knows podcasts well, I bet he's actually gonna get replay rights, bet they focus on newer/smaller music.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Why do a whole episode of Bonanas for Bonanza making fun of lovely accents and then not give us a clip of the accent they're making fun of?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

So nice to hear giggling again in the backround. Paul oF Tompkins :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao, this hh

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

scott is one of the few people that can truly match sean's passive aggression

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I like the idea of Scott Hasn't Seen but man it's hard listening to Shaun Diston doing his character with his Sprague voice. Between the Space Jam and HH episode now I feel like I've more than had my fill.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Take a break and listen to the CBB Presents Thanksgiving episode with Rudi North instead!

CBBW is genuinely giving me more content than I have time to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

EL BROMANCE posted:

Take a break and listen to the CBB Presents Thanksgiving episode with Rudi North instead!

Actually it's Skanksgiving

(The ep is good)