Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

does israel like keep a list of all jews in every country until they come home?
Only the wealthy and/or politically convenient ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Only the wealthy and/or politically convenient ones.

also the politcally inconvenient ones

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Oh so you work for the israeli government? What do you do?

Oh I maintain the foreign jews list

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

so if they get him across the border to israel what is that like the last one they need to trigger the end times or what's the draw here

There's probably a wealthy guy in Israel who needs an Afghan Jew to complete his collection (actually the wealthy guy is really invested in getting Zebulon to divorce his wife for some reason).

sullat has issued a correction as of 19:45 on Nov 20, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

does israel like keep a list of all jews in every country until they come home?

yes they literally have extended networks dedicated to transferring other countries Jews to Israel which is why they are constantly allying with right wingers and anti semites around the world. also it’s not their ‘home’.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sullat posted:

There's probably a wealthy guy in Israel who needs an Afghan Jew to complete his collection (actually the wealthy guy is really invested in getting Zebulon to divorce his wife for some reason).

So he's basically like The Collector from Guardians of Galaxy?

lmao at Zeb saying in a Doc Evil voice that to join this rare jew collection he's demanding 10 million in cash for "Relocation costs"

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

the thing about it tho is we have lost the ability for these iconic images of failure to resonate the way they did after vietnam. just poof, its gone. whats on hbo?

We literally recreated the people on the roof of the embassy scene and it vanished from the media like a week later

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

We literally recreated the people on the roof of the embassy scene and it vanished from the media like a week later

along with all the media outrage

After the humiliation, US empire would rather pretend the whole thing didn't happen and they got outwitted by the Chad Taliban.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

petit choux posted:

Yeah, that's when the poo poo gets real.

The Messiah rises, gets in an argument with Zebulon and after a few days decides "gently caress all this poo poo, it ain't worth it".

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
News to me that Zebulon appareantly granted her wife a divorce via zoom in august this year. hosed up though that orthodox law prevented her from getting a divorce under such circumstances.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nix Panicus posted:

I know when I look at absolute chaos at the airport, lost babies, people falling out of wheel wells at 5,000 feet, translators left behind, dogs being evacuated first, and tens of millions in US equipment being used in Taliban parades I think 'this was a well managed withdrawal'.

do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

any more wars we can lose? im getting strung out and i need a fix

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

I hear Myanmar is nice this time of year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we got any listening posts they can besiege?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

we got any listening posts they can besiege?

literally hundreds

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Ethopia?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Not if you're gonna spell it like that. We could bomb the wrong place.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

petit choux posted:

Might make the losing part even easier though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my fellow americans, we have taken out ethopia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

petit choux posted:

What could be more American than a bombing a place you couldn't spell or find on the world map?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Real hurthling! posted:

we been losing the wars on drugs, crime and poverty for a while. maybe a final surrender coming on one or more fronts!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

etalian posted:

What could be more American than a bombing a place you couldn't spell or find on the world map?

Somebody say maps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

chairface posted:

we been losing the wars on drugs, crime and poverty for a while. maybe a final surrender coming on one or more fronts!

The feds are going to gradually escalate the former two and surrender on the latter after our demigod, Donald Trump, retakes the throne. Or before, just to be bipartisan.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

etalian posted:

So he's basically like The Collector from Guardians of Galaxy?

“I said the Infinity *Gems*”

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chairface posted:

with the ukraine poo poo and people in washington and the pentagon demanding military bases in places like the philippines the next war the united states is willing to lose is world war 3

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why did the US even give up the Philippines after wwii, we kept guam and samoa for some reason

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

why did the US even give up the Philippines after wwii, we kept guam and samoa for some reason

we'd blown them to poo poo and it was going to cost a lot to rebuild them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

we installed a murderous regime to run things outside our military bases that we left there and peaced out with the japanese buried war treasure.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

hobbesmaster posted:

The US had committed to US independence in the mid-1930s. There was a set 10 year transition period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tydings%E2%80%93McDuffie_Act

And there was legislation dating back to 1916 stating that the US was committed to granting eventual independence to the Phillippines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_Philippines#Acts_of_the_United_States_Congress

quote:

The American public tended to view America's presence in the Philippines as unremunerative and expensive, so Roosevelt had concluded by 1907, "We shall have to be prepared for giving the islands independence of a more or less complete type much sooner than I think advisable."

I didn't know much about this chapter of American history, so thank you for bringing it up. :)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Eric Cantonese posted:

The US had committed to US independence in the mid-1930s. There was a set 10 year transition period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tydings%E2%80%93McDuffie_Act

And there was legislation dating back to 1916 stating that the US was committed to granting eventual independence to the Phillippines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_Philippines#Acts_of_the_United_States_Congress

I didn't know much about this chapter of American history, so thank you for bringing it up. :)

Hell yes, I haven't heard "McDuffie Act" since Sophomore year in High School or so.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

petit choux posted:

Hell yes, I haven't heard "McDuffie Act" since Sophomore year in High School or so.

:lol: I got a 5 in APUS History (:smug:) and seriously do not remember that at all. The gist I remember from high school is "the US tried to be a european imperial power with the spanish-american war but was never very good at it so gave up after getting some very unfortunate court decisions called the insular cases. also something about bird poop islands"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

everyone gets 5s

it’s a big scam

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm glad, freshman college electives are bullshit padding for extra tuition dollars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah fair enough.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

:lol: I got a 5 in APUS History (:smug:) and seriously do not remember that at all. The gist I remember from high school is "the US tried to be a european imperial power with the spanish-american war but was never very good at it so gave up after getting some very unfortunate court decisions called the insular cases. also something about bird poop islands"

I didn't remember it either until Eric Cantonese said it. And yes, guano, I did not get good grades in history but guano jokes have a way of sticking in the mind.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

everyone gets 5s

it’s a big scam

ap us history was bizarrely easy compared to the other ap tests

i also got a 4 or a 5 in the "comparative government and politics" test (by being a dipshit high schooler who read the economist for fun (i was such a big fan of jon stewart that i graduated into the economist)) but literally nobody cared, i couldn't get credit for any class in college from that test

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

mined seabird guano was a main source of nitrogen fertilizer before the modern petro chemical industry so controlling atols and ruining seabird colonies to get their million years of accreted poopings via brutal slave labor was very popular

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Taliban bans forced marriage of women in Afghanistan.

Full read out here:
https://twitter.com/Zabehulah_M33/status/1466663907750256642?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

It's quite ironic they're releasing this statement right as america is about to ban abortion lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I wonder if they really have a substantially greater ability to enforce this kind of thing in tribal (?) areas than the former Kabul government.