Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Private Cumshoe posted:

That's what a spook would say

I'm gonna assume you meant that as a slur and you're not calling me 'telligence, friendo *spittoon clang*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
No I would never mistake you for intelligence I'm just saying they WOULD say that because they like to clown around!

The spooks that is

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
As a brown dude from the south, the use of "spooks" and "those people" and a southern accent doesn't evoke the most positive image.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I've given tons of evidence... are you really wanting me to quote my own posts or? It's not that he went to fight with the YPG it's that he participated in their mission with full knowledge that it was a gift to Erdogan and Erdogan's US-NATO allies and a poison to the civilian Kurds now living in a bombarded and toxic shithole thanks to that selfsame mission. Maybe everyone's bullshit about this poo poo being bumbling stumbling learning and growing naivety would hold water if he ever expressed any regret or remorse or indictment against the participants of this barbarism - including the cannibal and the child soldiers.

Yes he's an asset whether they paid him or not, whether he knew he was an asset or not. If he didn't get paid it's an absolute GIFT to the CIA to do this poo poo then turn around and tell leftists this was a noble commie mission.

forget Belden for a second, do you think this also applies to the local Kurds and their allies who fought against ISIS, and if so what should they have done differently

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

was it this thread that floated "ho chi minh was a CIA asset"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes he's an asset whether they paid him or not, whether he knew he was an asset or not.

hmmm lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

StashAugustine posted:

forget Belden for a second, do you think this also applies to the local Kurds and their allies who fought against ISIS, and if so what should they have done differently

Yes I do. They should've taken the anarcho- out of communist.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No my goal is to get people to stop trusting anyone on superficial merits. There's a magic transformation that's allowed to occurred, where someone can call themselves a communist and then they are one. This is not, actually, how it works.

But yes I do have a lot more smoke for pseud-leftists than anyone else because they're much more repulsive. But everyone liked when I did my AOC takedown :( can't win them all.

and then everyone clapped

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Wasabi the J posted:

As a brown dude from the south, the use of "spooks" and "those people" and a southern accent doesn't evoke the most positive image.

this also made me uncomfortable. people still use that term unironically and they write and enforce laws

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

No my goal is to get people to stop trusting anyone on superficial merits. There's a magic transformation that's allowed to occurred, where someone can call themselves a communist and then they are one. This is not, actually, how it works.

But yes I do have a lot more smoke for pseud-leftists than anyone else because they're much more repulsive. But everyone liked when I did my AOC takedown :( can't win them all.

i think that podcasters are more like shitposters than real public figures like aoc. if the podcast is a limited hangout, why not post about what the podcast is leaving out and directly contesting the things they say instead of yelling about the podcasters having tenuous connections to intelligence agencies

in general, when a forums argument isn't going your way, your posts get longer and more intense. whatever good points you may have get lost in the noise as your posts get harder to read and interpret. this style of escalation is more natural and effective in face-to-face conversations or small group settings, where relationships are implicitly at stake, than the anonymous venue of a message board. using that style inappropriately sucks all of the oxygen out of the room and marks you as a crank in the classic usenet mode

you would do well to refine your core arguments and make them more succinct and explicit as the conversation evolves instead of getting more and more heated and verbose, unless your goal is actually to suck all of the oxygen out of the room

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm serious do we know if PMJ is fishmech or not?

yeah, what's your opinion of linux?

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Nov 24, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm serious do we know if PMJ is fishmech or not?

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Wasabi the J posted:

I usually click through a few dozen user profiles and their follows, likes and media, and put together a picture of the online crowd I'm wandering into whenever I do my research on a subject.

Some masonic temples in Canada were burned down in quick succession and the news coverage hasn't "picked up" enough for a lot of MichaelTom18477489-type posters who follow legitimate sounding foreign orgs that all focus around right-wing anxieties like vaccines and satanic cabals, all with convenient emails to tattle on your local officials...

No one could ever leverage that kind of disinformation and intelligence with a few thousand bots!

freemasonry is weird to me because it seems like a reactionary organization that is despised by other reactionary organizations

is this about the stuff back in march, or have more burned down recently?

are the twitter posters trying to signal-boost burning down masonic lodges in the hopes that people will burn down more? or are they funneling freemasons into anti-vax news sources?

i know you're heavily implying something here but I'm not picking up on it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tungsten posted:

i think that podcasters are more like shitposters than real public figures like aoc. if the podcast is a limited hangout, why not post about what the podcast is leaving out and directly contesting the things they say instead of yelling about the podcasters having tenuous connections to intelligence agencies

yeah this is a real good point, let's say Belden is a CIA asset and trueanon is pro-americofascist propaganda (I guess that's that argument?) - so what? what exactly are they accomplishing by doing the podcast, is it just a vague defanging of the American left (something that surely doesn't need trueanon to do) or is there more?

what is the podcast intentionally obfuscating? I don't give a poo poo about Belden as a person, especially if he's just the messenger of a limited hangout, so what is it about any info his podcast has communicated that we should be especially skeptical of?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes I do. They should've taken the anarcho- out of communist.

i agree in principle but it seems like they had pretty decent organization and I'm not sure that more effective political discipline would have let them fight without American aid (much less active antagonism)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

we can use "wights" instead

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
huh some of my threads are coalescing

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation

Tungsten posted:

in general, when a forums argument isn't going your way, your posts get longer and more intense. whatever good points you may have get lost in the noise as your posts get harder to read and interpret. this style of escalation is more natural and effective in face-to-face conversations or small group settings, where relationships are implicitly at stake, than the anonymous venue of a message board. using that style inappropriately sucks all of the oxygen out of the room and marks you as a crank in the classic usenet mode

you would do well to refine your core arguments and make them more succinct and explicit as the conversation evolves instead of getting more and more heated and verbose, unless your goal is actually to suck all of the oxygen out of the room

Podcasters maybe but TrueAnon takes in $88,000/month, is the 7th ranked podcast, and is the 9th ranked Patreon. https://graphtreon.com/creator/TrueAnonPod

Chapo Trap House takes in $165,500/month, is the 2nd ranked podcast, and is the 2nd ranked Patreon. https://graphtreon.com/creator/chapotraphouse

That's $1.06mil and $1.99mil per year, respectively. These aren't small fish. These aren't people without influence. They are public figures.

I actually start from a succinct position every time and become more verbose because I'm explaining myself in increasingly elaborate ways. Only a few people follow me from the jump and I'm always replying to someone, not speaking into the void. If someone doesn't understand my reply to them they can say so and I'll explain again.

I don't know what you mean about more and more heated or more intense? Couple of shits and fucks here and there? I thought it was pretty minimal...

Edit: I've never used Linux and I don't know who fishmech is, sorry

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation

my bony fealty posted:

yeah this is a real good point, let's say Belden is a CIA asset and trueanon is pro-americofascist propaganda (I guess that's that argument?) - so what? what exactly are they accomplishing by doing the podcast, is it just a vague defanging of the American left (something that surely doesn't need trueanon to do) or is there more?

what is the podcast intentionally obfuscating? I don't give a poo poo about Belden as a person, especially if he's just the messenger of a limited hangout, so what is it about any info his podcast has communicated that we should be especially skeptical of?

The very first thing I pointed out, what kicked off this multi-page fest, was the horseshoe theory shitcoating. Yes it matters if people conflate conspiracy-theorizing with far right conservatism. It matters if people are made to see communism and far-right as two sides of the same coin.

StashAugustine posted:

i agree in principle but it seems like they had pretty decent organization and I'm not sure that more effective political discipline would have let them fight without American aid (much less active antagonism)

I can't comment on "seems like" any more than you. My feeling is that, no, you don't ever cooperate with the arch imperialist. Considering the state of the YPG and Rojava both today, I think this feeling is pretty well founded. And then moreso by way of too many examples of US doing the same thing at every possible opportunity.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Nov 24, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh my god shut the fucc up already go away

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
perry has 27 pages of posts in this thread lmao

edit: i think it's pretty laughable to claim 4 people pulling in 2 million a year are "public figures". like, these people have the material power of one jetski dealership. who cares what they do to shape the conversations of a couple hundred thousand more-disempowered leftists? the police state in north america is there to wack those moles anyway

Mameluke has issued a correction as of 06:32 on Nov 24, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Mameluke posted:

perry has 27 pages of posts in this thread lmao

We're talking about the #2 poster here, not some small timer. *posts graph *

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
All my favorite posters are here why would I post anywhere else :glomp:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1462964491046506504

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation

Mameluke posted:

edit: i think it's pretty laughable to claim 4 people pulling in 2 million a year are "public figures". like, these people have the material power of one jetski dealership. who cares what they do to shape the conversations of a couple hundred thousand more-disempowered leftists? the police state in north america is there to wack those moles anyway

They featured Belden in Rolling Stone lmao

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

e--i should just be quiet I am finding myself defending trueanon for fucks sake. just the way you're going about this is very annoying.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS has issued a correction as of 07:03 on Nov 24, 2021

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tungsten posted:

are the twitter posters trying to signal-boost burning down masonic lodges in the hopes that people will burn down more? or are they funneling freemasons into anti-vax news sources?

i know you're heavily implying something here but I'm not picking up on it

I'm not really implying much other than it's a loving thing.

Like you've been on the internet long enough to spot a loving parachute or throwaway, you can use that to spot bots and trolls pretty loving fast with a few username lookups and cross-references.

I know that we've spent the better part of two decades giving any advertiser more access to our personal lives than the most dystopian world order, and we're out here arguing who could have POSSIBLY used that information for nefarious purposes when our secrets were on sale to the highest bidder the whole time. We give the gift of always on recording devices in your living room ffs.

I strongly suspect incidents like the pro-analytica scandal happen all the time, and someone's using that data.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

crepeface posted:

uhh, brace literally got promoted at the cia for his podcast work as a limited hangout

https://twitter.com/minesweeper69x1/status/1400183430521016323?s=20

we’re all going to die but it’s moments like this I’ll remember and smile as I slip into eternal darkness.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
please no more talk about podcasts unless it’s about the pedo Virgil Texas

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Your fav leftist podcaster brought cancer and birth defects to civilians in Rojava. The territory which he participated in ceding to Turkey, as was his mission, was then brutalized by Erdogan in the following year and years since. He has never expressed any remorse about it. Sorry if this gruel is too thin for you but I think it's actually an obscene crime against humanity.

https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/722881053543809024

Arguing with fandoms is so tiring.

you are either one of the biggest morons on this forum or purposely trying to derail every discussion, shut the gently caress up

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cached Money posted:

you are either one of the biggest morons on this forum or purposely trying to derail every discussion, shut the gently caress up

by his own admissions PMJ is clearly a liar and troll

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
has anyone considered that PMJ is a CIA op designed to draw everyone into endless arguments about podcastmen and make people who hate the CIA look crazy?

just something to think about

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

If DU was not employed - though in all likelihood it was - then we're left with 'only' white phosphorus.

Azathoth posted:

What you're saying here is something that could theoretically be true but you've not only presented no evidence for your position, you've had to walk back at least one rather incendiary claim already.

:haw:

moller has issued a correction as of 10:19 on Nov 24, 2021

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

XMNN posted:

has anyone considered that PMJ is a CIA op designed to draw everyone into endless arguments about podcastmen and make people who hate the CIA look crazy?

just something to think about

yes. here are my conclusions: the problem is not pmj, but that conspiracy theory is the final liberal macro analysis. trying to understand the world in terms of individuals and their relations, resulting in vast explanatory gaps, then presuming there must be secret individuals and relations to fill in the gaps, instead of reasoning that’s not a good way to understand the world we live in.

the thread is at its best when it looks at evidence of conspiracy from a dialectical perspective. not when it simply plays six degrees of jeff epstein. conspiracy theoretic discourse, in this thread and everywhere, will inevitably devolve to a tiresome ouroboros of recursively evaluating evidentiary value until everyone’s too exhausted to look for evidence or discuss anything. but the conspiracies are real; conspiracy theory is the op.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSh88PM/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeShdcUU/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrEgVr/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrohXU/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrn1HJ/
Although there are tiktoks for everything, I'm still having fun watching zoomers tackle these topics. Have only search JFK stuff, definitely not Epstein stuff.

Lampsacus has issued a correction as of 10:34 on Nov 24, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

was it this thread that floated "ho chi minh was a CIA asset"

this thread has been totally destroyed on purpose lmao

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
pmjs lovely posting is absolutely an inside job

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Zodium posted:

yes. here are my conclusions: the problem is not pmj, but that conspiracy theory is the final liberal macro analysis

stfu nerd

this is literally the same flavor of post that also does not belong in this thread, there is a dedicated conspiracy thread in gbs and also a pyf one where they deny reality

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

get out.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSh88PM/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeShdcUU/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrEgVr/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrohXU/
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZSeSrn1HJ/
Although there are tiktoks for everything, I'm still having fun watching zoomers tackle these topics. Have only search JFK stuff, definitely not Epstein stuff.

That last one is hilarious.

This is still my favorite JFK tik tok, I refuse to install it on my phone though so enjoy a yt link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcuyrXVx874

Regulus74 has issued a correction as of 12:35 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I don’t like posts that on top of being fifty million words are factually untrue. I don’t know what thread they would belong in tbh, maybe some kind of skeptic containment zone where everyone can agree that nothing in human history has ever been intentional foul play (but also podcasters are cia or something who gives a gently caress honestly)