Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can entirely believe that someone wouldn't bother to turn it off if it still worked but I'm just struggling to understand how it would still work.

Unless, are the blowers situated off the main run of the line so you can remove them individually without taking a chunk out off the main line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

KillHour posted:

So I really didn't want to read that in the funny pictures thread :mad:

But while I'm here, that's why LOTO is so goddamned important.

Agreed. That's why I play every week. Maybe someday I'll hit the jackpot, and can finally quit this job.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Why was the line running while they were trying to replace part of it? How would you even do that if it was spraying woodchips everywhere?

it was on the same breaker as the freezer full of hot pockets

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

I can entirely believe that someone wouldn't bother to turn it off if it still worked but I'm just struggling to understand how it would still work.

Unless, are the blowers situated off the main run of the line so you can remove them individually without taking a chunk out off the main line?
It's sounds like these are sequential or he wouldn't have made it to the next one through the firsts discharge. They probably got the business end out of the wood chips. Without wood chips you probably don't need multiple blowers to keep a baseline vacuum so they could keep the second running. And tried to hot swap the first one without losing vacuum on the other because it takes forever to evacuate the whole thing and nothing seats a flange like enough vacuum to suck off a man through a 17in pipe.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
He had time to scream for help so it was actually much worse than vacuum crab

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The ol’ reverse Byford Dolphin

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I kinda don't want to tell you guys how long he probably survived in there. You would not be happy about it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm in a bit of a rush so I'm not going to read the preceding 20 posts and just post some pictures :stonkhat:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm disappointed this did not cut to electronic music when she said "drop it".

I just wanted to see the Ghana funeral meme come back.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ghana funeral memes except they're holding an industrial blower

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

davebo posted:

I just wanted to see the Ghana funeral meme come back.

Me too

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Eddie Lampert needs to die in a vacuum:

"A 38-year-old male maintenance worker (the victim) died after being drawn into a 17½-inch-diameter positive-pressure vacuum pipe at a paper processing plant. The victim and two co-workers were attempting to replace a blower on a vacuum line with a pressure of 3,740 pounds per square inch (psi). The vacuum line transported wood chips 300 yards from the milling process into the paper plant. The blower was located 10 feet above the ground at the outside wall of the plant, and was accessed by a 2-feet-wide steel-grate catwalk fastened to the outside wall of the plant. The crew on the previous shift had prepared the replacement blower for installation and moved it to the worksite. When the victim and his co-workers arrived at the site they were instructed to remove the faulty blower and install the replacement blower. After the men unbolted both the 10-inch pipe that fed wood chips to the blower from the milling process, and the 17½-inch pipe that led from the discharge end of the blower, the faulty blower was lifted out of position by a small crane. The victim attempted to walk past the unguarded 17½-inch pipe when the vacuum suction pulled his chest against it. He called to his co-workers for help and both men grabbed him and tried to pull him away from the pipe; however, the victim was doubled over backwards and pulled 38 feet through the pipe by the vacuum until he was stopped by the intake shroud of the next blower on the vacuum line."

https://youtu.be/tuRJaxYH5ig

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Nov 24, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

He had time to scream for help so it was actually much worse than vacuum crab

That crab had 250000 kids....

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's insane that 20 years ago they made movies like this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even for the time... that was a weird one

but yeah also different ecosystem. Like I don't mind that all stuff like that goes to Netflix or Shudder or even loving Hulu (god I loving hate Hulu), but it'd be nice if they looked good/weird and felt a little big again.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Paladinus posted:

?

That movie was better than it should have been imo.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah the constant cutting is annoying but at least it’s got something to it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's quite good in a weird way, definitely some ambitious and cool set design at the very least even if matthew lillard can be... well, himself in the film which is certainly a concern :v:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
We used to call that bullshit "slick"

Shiny, very music video-y, early digital grading, fast editing...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

?

That movie was better than it should have been imo.

I didn't necessarily mean it in a bad way. It's just interesting how much the cinematic language has changed.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Nov 24, 2021

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PYF >> PYF Funny Pictures >>

zedprime posted:

nothing seats a flange like enough vacuum to suck off a man through a 17in pipe.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just realised the video link i posted didn’t work at the right timestamp.

It’s supposed to be 2:57 for context.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Yeah kind of like how GO was a slick version of idk, Trainspotting or Basketball Diaries.

That's maybe a bad comparison. Was Requiem for a Dream slick?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah kind of like how GO was a slick version of idk, Trainspotting or Basketball Diaries.

That's maybe a bad comparison. Was Requiem for a Dream slick?

I'd say it fits that style, while being artsy and having decent cinematography, too.

But no joke, any movie made between 1999 and ~2007 all just had that look and you can instantly pinpoint the time it was made.

Exceptions being people still shooting on old film and not using digital grading (like Kill Bill is timeless but just about every other movie from 2004 has that weird greasy metallic look).

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

It’s the “Limp bizkit” music video look but for the movies.

Sticking it to “the man” whilst stomping around a grungy set and being angry (but it costs like 80 million dollars to film) lots of cutting and flashing and empty posturing.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Exceptions being people still shooting on old film and not using digital grading (like Kill Bill is timeless but just about every other movie from 2004 has that weird greasy metallic look).

the only reason Tarantino hasn't switched to digital is that you can't measure that in feet

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Memento posted:

the only reason Tarantino hasn't switched to digital is that you can't measure that in feet

:hmmyes:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

do you think he knew he could have just not had sex?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bismuth posted:

Wait, what? That’s an option?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bismuth posted:

Volcels hadn't been invented yet

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Paladinus posted:

A true Golden Age of Cinema.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rocky 4 basically

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I spoilered that industrial accident because this is the Funny Pictures thread, not the OSHA thread. Carry on.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I spoilered that industrial accident because this is the Funny Pictures thread, not the OSHA thread. Carry on.

It is also, however, the dogs gently caress and chuck up thread, apparently.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well yeah, that's just good family fun

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

It is also, however, the dogs gently caress and chuck up thread, apparently.

There's more than one kind of NSFW.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

There's more than one kind of NSFW.

Listen pal there's not a single job in this great country where if the boss caught you watching that video they wouldn't chuckle along and you know that :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

quote:

Will Smith opens up in his new memoir WILL about feeling like a failure as a father when his youngest son, Jaden Smith, asked to be emancipated at age 15.

The father-son conversation occurred amid the box office failure of the pair’s 2013 science-fiction adventure After Earth. Smith blamed himself when his son was panned by film critics.

LOL