Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a dumb-dumb who's bad at timezones, how long is it until the estimated end of maintenance?

This is also I think the first patch I've played during, are they usually right or does it tend to drag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Maintenance is scheduled to end in about 90 minutes but past experiences say that it could be up as soon as 30 minutes from the time I post this.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Shere posted:

Maintenance is scheduled to end in about 90 minutes but past experiences say that it could be up as soon as 30 minutes from the time I post this.

about right, NA servers up now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Albedo on the launcher again... it feels so right...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

prob like a full week until we have that sweet sword though :(

kater
Nov 16, 2010

saw some poo poo about filler patch no content and i unno if thats a common sentiment but i still think that hangouts are the most hugely thing they add to the game. i havent even finished the first batch much less then dozen since. i dont even dislike them, i like them a bunch. they are just really strangely dense and hard to sit down and play through.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lost 50/50, but at least I finally got Diluc, who I actually wanted due to my recent interest in charged attacks lol. I figured I'd keep pulling until Albedo or Benny C6 and got them both in the same 10-pull! Would've been nice for it to happen before pulling 5 extra Noelles.

Blew 140 wishes, though. Hope my 70 remaining wishes and whatever we get over this version will be enough for Itto.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

gandlethorpe posted:

Lost 50/50, but at least I finally got Diluc, who I actually wanted due to my recent interest in charged attacks lol. I figured I'd keep pulling until Albedo or Benny C6 and got them both in the same 10-pull! Would've been nice for it to happen before pulling 5 extra Noelles.

Blew 140 wishes, though. Hope my 70 remaining wishes and whatever we get over this version will be enough for Itto.

Congrats, that's a pretty decent pity breaker if he is your first copy. Albedo is a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to seeing your future comps with him!

Also I am SERIOUSLY tempted by that Albedo glasses stand :sweatdrop: is Aitai Kuji a reputable reseller?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

got that noelle c6 I've had my eye on for months, now it's time to ignore her and farm qiqi artifacts from the new domain :toot:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Feels kind of weird logging into the game and the red margins haven't moved at all for the first time in almost half a year. Also it's been a long day but I'd swear there's something different about the game graphically for me and I haven't changed any settings or anything.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
This must be my best artifact pull ever. (For Benny)

Also got his C1 in a single 10-pull. (Which is all I wanted from this banner.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kale posted:

Feels kind of weird logging into the game and the red margins haven't moved at all for the first time in almost half a year. Also it's been a long day but I'd swear there's something different about the game graphically for me and I haven't changed any settings or anything.
Same, I had the same sensation when 1.1 hit. Plunges specifically felt different, maybe motion blur has changed?

Bennett has a new E voice line too.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I got C1 Albedo and a lucky Thoma pull out of my saved-up wishes, so gacha went well this patch as far as I'm concerned.

It looks like the game really wants me to switch off HoD in favor of Albedo's fancy new sword. Who am I to disagree?

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
Uhm I got Albedo on my 20th wish. with no pity. What :psyduck: Guess I will use the rest on Eula.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Come on, Sacred Sakura is still maxed out at level 40? I've got 150 sigils I'm ready to slam dunk into this thing, how long do I have to wait?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

I got C1 Albedo and a lucky Thoma pull out of my saved-up wishes, so gacha went well this patch as far as I'm concerned.

It looks like the game really wants me to switch off HoD in favor of Albedo's fancy new sword. Who am I to disagree?

drat you. I used all my resin from the day, 5 fragile resin, and 1 transient and got maybe one or two not-garbage pieces.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Opera posted:

Also I am SERIOUSLY tempted by that Albedo glasses stand :sweatdrop: is Aitai Kuji a reputable reseller?

i haven't used them in years but didn't have any issues back then. might also be worth checking how ordering it direct from animate might work?

https://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/a...%83%89_20211112

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

what is this eula trial? A bunch of the ranged treasure hoarders that she two shots. I spent most of the trial just chasing down guys, this is a terrible demo for a character

Kale
May 14, 2010

Garrand posted:

what is this eula trial? A bunch of the ranged treasure hoarders that she two shots. I spent most of the trial just chasing down guys, this is a terrible demo for a character

I've rarely found them particularly good demos since they tend to just wipe everything before I've even been able to get a feel for the character at all. I tend to just do the ones I want for the resources they give

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Swore I was going to skip the banner, tried Albedo's trial, got him in 40 pulls. Now he gets to sit in the back of the party until I have enough flowers to level him, and makes Ning absolutely shred this stupid rock wolf. God yes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

finally got qiqi on the albedo banner. kinda funny this is the only character ive rolled on and missed twice in a row lol.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Albedo at 75. This is good as I was up against a 50/50 and couldn't spare the gems to dig deep. I got a Rosaria, a Rainslasher, a Fav claymore... and goddamn loving C20 Noelle. I pissed off someone at Mihoyo or something because I swear I can't not roll a Noelle.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
drat Eula has crazy normal attack DPS stats. Is there a stronger character with a normal attack than her?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there any theory crafting on the new healing set anywhere? Is it time to finally invest in Chichi, or change Kokomi's set?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got diluc from the 50-50 and now I like Eula but I want to save for Ganyu more. :negative:

Maybe they'll start running 3 banners at a time...

theblackw0lf posted:

drat Eula has crazy normal attack DPS stats. Is there a stronger character with a normal attack than her?

Nope, she even beats out level 13 Childe/Raiden autos.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 24, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Garrand posted:

drat you were not kidding lol. just feels purposely awful to get plinked at while your only partner is Lisa (even if she's blasting off bursts left and right)

maybe intended to show her interrupt resistance, though idk if throwing knives even normally interrupt moves

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I spent my rolls on Albedo but didn't hit pity yet. I'll probably keep rolling over the course of the banner unless the 2.4 character mechanic leaks look really fun. Albedo would be nice on my Hu Tao team.

That said, I don't currently use my C6 Fischl who is probably overall stronger.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not planning on buying a whale pack now (not denying I'm a whale :v:), but how often/have they refreshed the initial 2x bonus for packs? I can almost pretend it's a decent buy for my horrible gambling addiction with the extra rolls but without it, eh.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
They refreshed once for Inazuma. The 2.0 sales charts look hilarious. Maybe they'll refresh again in 3.0, or maybe not.

Edit: Wait, was it 2.1? It was whatever the Raiden patch was.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mailer posted:

They refreshed once for Inazuma. The 2.0 sales charts look hilarious. Maybe they'll refresh again in 3.0, or maybe not.

Edit: Wait, was it 2.1? It was whatever the Raiden patch was.

I'd imagine, you'd think they'd do it twice a year or something at that rate.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was treated as an anniversary bonus, so for the time being i would assume only on anniversaries

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do I want either of these banner chars? One could make an argument for Eula, but eh..

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So the Kokomi set seems pretty promising. Even at low investment, I seem to be hitting ~25-30% of the cap during my E and maybe ~80% during Q (both talent level 8 and ~24k hp). My only significant gear is level 90 Prototype Amber and a +20 off-set healing hat. The flower is +8 and the rest of the set was random +0 garbage.

The popping sound is pretty annoying though, lol.

https://i.imgur.com/65DJyGY.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/FkuHtHf.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ngYdHAh.mp4

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lol, this new boss. Release it alongside Albedo and have it completely show off how bad his mechanics can get.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The trials are normally awful but Eula's trial might be the worst we've seen.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Eula’s trial is horrible, but consider this: she’s also not very fun to play in the overworld either.

I just really don’t like her burst mechanics. She’s fine in the abyss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Frankly, nearly everything meta in Abyss feels like poo poo to play in overworld

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Eula’s trial is horrible, but consider this: she’s also not very fun to play in the overworld either.

I just really don’t like her burst mechanics. She’s fine in the abyss.

honestly i think the period of abyss near her release where they really wanted to put in heralds killed any enthusiasm i might've had for her

just such an annoying character to use when shield mechanics come into play and in general i did not end up liking her as much as her design. at least she looks good with the fish sword and my friendship farming will soon be done.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh the 2.4 leaks hitting already, let's goooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

not planning on buying a whale pack now (not denying I'm a whale :v:), but how often/have they refreshed the initial 2x bonus for packs? I can almost pretend it's a decent buy for my horrible gambling addiction with the extra rolls but without it, eh.

they reset them for the anniversaries in honkai, and so far are doing that for genshin as well