Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

pokchu posted:

War could feasibly be over today by capping Jade Cove, Origin & Ash Fields.

I regret not helping more in this, my first "full" war, but look forward to more antics in the next war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ynglaur posted:

I regret not helping more in this, my first "full" war, but look forward to more antics in the next war.

Don't feel bad about it, the organized wardens all took this war off anyways so it was more or less decided before it started.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

GruntyThrst posted:

Don't feel bad about it, the organized wardens all took this war off anyways so it was more or less decided before it started.

No they didn't. This is a meme for literal years at this point.

Like a lot of wars the fair weather players saw the loss of territory on day one and left. This happens to both sides quite often.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Rynoto posted:

No they didn't. This is a meme for literal years at this point.

Like a lot of wars the fair weather players saw the loss of territory on day one and left. This happens to both sides quite often.

Lol dude, average playerbase count has dropped and there's plainly no Warden tryhard activity outside of a few select instances. It's a break war and it's a phenomenon that's going to keep happening because of how Foxhole is structured at this point.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Danann posted:

break war

This is the meme being referenced. The original person to make this claim got dragged so hard at the time that it has stuck around. And yes, definitely the pop has dropped off since the beginning of the war and if Wardens had been the ones to gain an early advantage it would have been Colonials with the population exodus. It's a thing that happens regularly.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Rynoto posted:

This is the meme being referenced. The original person to make this claim got dragged so hard at the time that it has stuck around. And yes, definitely the pop has dropped off since the beginning of the war and if Wardens had been the ones to gain an early advantage it would have been Colonials with the population exodus. It's a thing that happens regularly.

Lol the game was already giving the "faction full" message for Colonials about six hours into this war.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Rynoto posted:

Colonial faction at capacity and constant queues with zero Warden queues; explicit statements from clan representatives and individuals on WUH that they're on break (especially from logistics and builder players), requests and reddit threads made before war start for longer resistances for break, minimal concrete bases, etc. are all solid indicators of break war. And considering that logistics and builder players are how a faction holds and sustains territory, it's a break war because the labor normally contributed towards logistics and building for Wardens is practically nonexistent this round. The idea that fairweather players make massive contributions is laughable because they don't contribute to the activities that contribute significantly to victory such as logistics, building, and administration in lieu of experiencing frontline combat.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

That is super impressive! So many supplies...

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Let em take their victory lap

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

oWo also switched sides this war on top of a bunch of companies taking a rest from the month long hellgrined war

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Yeah, I'm very much at a loss for how "break war" is somehow a "meme" instead of being actually true. To add to the other pile of facts, warden respawn timers have been a fraction of colonial respawn timers at all times outside of day 1.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Don’t let your memes be dreams

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Thinking of picking this game up, looks pretty interesting. Is there an option for casual play stuff and/or is the goon group active?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

pokchu posted:

Yeah, I'm very much at a loss for how "break war" is somehow a "meme" instead of being actually true. To add to the other pile of facts, warden respawn timers have been a fraction of colonial respawn timers at all times outside of day 1.

i mean, just look at the Goon regiment for the proof of this

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Every organized group I have access to on Discord said they're on break even before the war started and the large majority of them on WUH said the same thing in the same time frame. This is a break war. You have to ignore objective reality and the linear nature of time to conclude otherwise.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

kingcom posted:

Thinking of picking this game up, looks pretty interesting. Is there an option for casual play stuff and/or is the goon group active?

Yes, and yes. You don't need a steady group to play, but it can make it more fun and easier to find people.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Looks like it’s about to be another war down.

Where do y’all want to go next war?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Everyone's I talked to about Mercy's Wish says it's a terrible idea and we will lose our base half a dozen times and it's a huge worthless pain in the rear end, so I vote for that.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
After getting steamrolled in Lockheed, Mercy's wish being spicier Lockheed sounds absolutely amazing. Sign me up!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Colorblind-friendly war 85 start map.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Not played this in ages and got the itch. Trying to take in all the new stuff but I think its best just to play and see it. Will join Goons in Foxholes as Wardyne and die in whatever hellpit you've chosen to stage in.

Kore_Fero fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 17, 2021

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
tell all your friends break war is over, morale at all time high, warden weekend returns, etc

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have been in need of much, much Stardew Valley lately, but will return.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

OoohU posted:

Colonial goons are active throughout the day as we've got a decent mix of euros & NA and even when we're not playing there's usually lots of us discussing foxhole things on the discord and what not all day (including with warden goons.) Although our discord isn't a foxhole exclusive thing as we've got our fingers in many gaming pies these days. Anyway here's the link if you or anyone else here wants to join us, or just chill.

https://discord.gg/t4kg5A34

Can I get a valid invite :)

This game looks like a lot of fun but im worried that I won't be able to dedicate a fair enough amount of time to it :ohdear:

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

alexandriao posted:

This game looks like a lot of fun but im worried that I won't be able to dedicate a fair enough amount of time to it :ohdear:

Dont join the colonisers, fight for freedom and bad-looking cars witgthe Warden goons

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

alexandriao posted:

One of the things this game gets very right is that you can just jump in and play for 40 minutes. It has a lot of the player-created sandbox vibe of Eve, but without the absurd time requirements.

(That said, there are definitely people who play this game 12 hours a day. But you don't have to in order to have fun.)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

alexandriao posted:

As far as I can tell, the link in the MapGoons thread in PGS (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973361) should not expire.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

karmicknight posted:

As far as I can tell, the link in the MapGoons thread in PGS (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973361) should not expire.

Note that the mapgoons are traitors playing for the other side and you should join the real goons.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Shard 2 closing down until further notice.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Lead out in cuffs posted:

One of the things this game gets very right is that you can just jump in and play for 40 minutes. It has a lot of the player-created sandbox vibe of Eve, but without the absurd time requirements.

(That said, there are definitely people who play this game 12 hours a day. But you don't have to in order to have fun.)

I will jump in and say it is really nice to hop in and just play for a bit of time. Foxhole is always a great game to pick up for a war and if you want to take a break it's not a big deal. Or do like I do and during wars I usually hop in for the first few days because the just infantry fights are fun, barge shenanigans (doing drive by shooting in a boat) before ATR stuff and ISGs come out. Then I'll take a break until late or middle war. The game is super easy to put as much time as you want into it. The logi stuff can take a lot of time and you don't want to let stockpiles sit for longer than 48 hours without putting stuff into them but that's really the only time-esque requirement.

Plus we have lots of goons that love doing logi and are super knowledgeable in it so they will happily walk you through how to do it. And most fronts I always recommend just find a busy one and grab a gun, murder some collies!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

alexandriao posted:

the OP has a perma invite: https://discord.gg/8KapFpB

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
:siren: Game update 47 Ahoy ! :siren:

SO today was the day of the devstream for Update 47. This update is going to be one of the smaller inbetween big update types so some interesting stuff but no major game alterations like logi getting removed or another 28 zones being added. So in roughly chronological order as they appeared in the stream:

Prototype system messed with! - Vehicle prototyping has been changed ! Prototypes will cost less Iron, can be built at Garages for 100 BMats, can be repaired now but will have less armor than a full version (if its something with armor). Also a 3rd tech material, in the form of Copper, has been added and is related to tank research in some fashion.
Cinematic Camera! - some new camera mode that zooms in on the player and makes everything all pretty looking. Intended for those who want to make pretty looking screenshots and is not intended for actual combat use.
No Mans Land changes! - destroyed trenches and such now have actual models you will be able to walk in and take cover in, so no more walking over a bunch of broken timbers and such.
Tripod mounted weapons! - the long promised plethora of tripod mountable guns is here ! True Heavy MGs and a number of different Anti-Vehicle weapons are the initial releases.
Half-Tracks changed/buffed! - Half-Tracks now have a universal mount on top that can accept any of the tripod mountable weapons! Light AT HTs are now a thing. Also they have been given a small number of passenger seats in the rear.
Field Bridges! - Player buildable bridges are now a thing! This is another thing that players have been asking about for years. They use Metal Bars, can be used to cross smaller rivers and climb up slopes. While they can support lighter vehicles such as logi trucks and Armored Cars trying to drive anything much heavier will crush (read: destroy) the bridge in question.
New AC variants! - Colonials got a RPG type, Wardens got an ATRPG type.
A number of small QoL things! tl,dr; Just read this -> https://i.imgur.com/3c1Z4Iu.png
Actual foreign language support coming! - the devs have actually started work in getting the game properly translated into a number of foreign languages. German, Russian, French, Portuguese and Chinese are up first.

Dev branch release is scheduled for sometime on November 24th. If you don't know how to get onto the dev branch there are instructions in the 2nd thread post.

EDIT WED NOV 24 - DEVBRANCH IS LIVE
https://www.foxholegame.com/post/update-47-dev-branch-released

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 24, 2021

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MREBoy posted:

Field Bridges! - Player buildable bridges are now a thing! This is another thing that players have been asking about for years. They use Metal Bars, can be used to cross smaller rivers and climb up slopes. While they can support lighter vehicles such as logi trucks and Armored Cars trying to drive anything much heavier will crush (read: destroy) the bridge in question.

This is cool, but feels very situational. How frequently will there be a river which will support this and which will become a front?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Super not a fan of the sandbag and barbed wire modifications on trenches costing sandbag and barbed wire pallets.

If you have anything like those at all visible idiot pubbies will descend on it like a flock of vultures and poo poo up the entire area with their "good ideas". Now, for the low, low cost of all that logistics support, materials, hauling, and crane placement, you've lost your trench supplies so they're back to the pre-Entrenchment status of being impossible to reinforce and as much of a help to the enemy as they are to you, plus your garrison supplies are going to get destroyed while the same dumb gently caress idiot horde that placed down the sandbags and barbed wire moves on to another fight and sticks you with the maintenance bill.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
My verdict from the dev test server so far; prepare for some weird poo poo. Idk if the devs fully thought out giving us bridges that can go up z-levels.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Nine of Eight posted:

Idk if the devs fully thought out giving us bridges that can go up z-levels.

They didn't, but given the "shortcuts" you can do on logi runs that involve driving down cliffs, it's going to be phenomenal.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

bird food bathtub posted:

Super not a fan of the sandbag and barbed wire modifications on trenches costing sandbag and barbed wire pallets.

If you have anything like those at all visible idiot pubbies will descend on it like a flock of vultures and poo poo up the entire area with their "good ideas". Now, for the low, low cost of all that logistics support, materials, hauling, and crane placement, you've lost your trench supplies so they're back to the pre-Entrenchment status of being impossible to reinforce and as much of a help to the enemy as they are to you, plus your garrison supplies are going to get destroyed while the same dumb gently caress idiot horde that placed down the sandbags and barbed wire moves on to another fight and sticks you with the maintenance bill.

Even better ladders and pipes take metal bars now so it's basically a "gently caress you" from the devs if you thought you were going to do anything involving trenches and bunkers without painful one way crane rides or flatbed hell.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Danann posted:

Even better ladders and pipes take metal bars now so it's basically a "gently caress you" from the devs if you thought you were going to do anything involving trenches and bunkers without painful one way crane rides or flatbed hell.

What the gently caress i didn't know this, that's so bad. Dev man bad.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I look forward to trying to pick this up in a year or two after their bad ideas drive away a majority of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Picked this up, real fun to mess around in and shoot bad mans. The UI mods for the map and the inventory icons are necessary though, wow. I'm getting better at combat and I really enjoy the cover systems and how range works.