Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

I would definitely put Iran Contra in Things That Actually Happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
yeah, the bottom ones have some weird incongruities, like "We live in a simulation" is under "US is a corporation" for grounded in reality.

Other stuff, Must continues to be loving stupid about tunnels:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Gauti/status/1462881688426483714

I really hate that people say him having a degree is ~something~ makes him smart.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Big news:
https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1463318954164772866?t=hR5E1xJ0YX3MFQ7L7FVL2g&s=19

I'm not really sure how civil cases work. How much power do authorities have to get the victims their money? What kinda tricks can the Nazis use to hide their assets?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if, right, we have the underground tunnels, but instead of putting cars in the lifts, we put people in them, and instead of putting cars in the tunnels, we put... some kind of really big car you can put lots of people on, and we have them go in circles through the tunnels because the tunnels can only go a few places, and people can get off the big cars wherever they want to go back up again.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Anora posted:

I really hate that people say him having a degree is ~something~ makes him smart.

https://www.twitter.com/switch_d/status/1461823823695777797

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

What if, right, we have the underground tunnels, but instead of putting cars in the lifts, we put people in them, and instead of putting cars in the tunnels, we put... some kind of really big car you can put lots of people on, and we have them go in circles through the tunnels because the tunnels can only go a few places, and people can get off the big cars wherever they want to go back up again.

Okay but no poors or Silicon Valley will never go for it.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

OwlFancier posted:

If I am crossing the bridge alone and then the woman appears on the bridge, I am assuming she is a kelpie and I am pushing her into the river.

That’s fine. She’s already deployed her floatation devices.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Got to love the giant holes in the street that are left when the elevators go down. Without so much as a railing keeping pedestrians (or cars) from plummeting to certain death on the roof of a Tesla.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look what makes roads good is when you have to install industrial lifts every ten feet to ferry one car per five minutes to tunnels underground.

The entire city of los angeles will be able to get employment as lift service techs, it creates jobs!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Powered Descent posted:

Got to love the giant holes in the street that are left when the elevators go down.

*lights molotov cocktail and unironically agrees*

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:smith:

some of those that preach progress are the same that burn forests

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Anora posted:

yeah, the bottom ones have some weird incongruities, like "We live in a simulation" is under "US is a corporation" for grounded in reality.

I don't think it's healthy people are making these fanfilms about brands tbh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anora posted:

How can anyone watch this and not think Elon Musk is among the dumbest people to ever exist?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't think it's healthy people are making these fanfilms about brands tbh

I was under the impression that was an old piece of their own adverisement.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like the implication that everyone in a lovely commute is driving shiny sports cars, and that also only the protagonist car is smart enough to hit the tunnels.

Elon Musk's dream world is some kind of dystopian capitalist cyberpunk earth.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That he can look at, from mars.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's the kind of thing invented by someone who gets stuck in crawling freeway traffic caused by there being 500% as many cars as there is capacity in the freeway for, and says "this is all because every other person here is an idiot who can't drive"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

Clintons have deep state connections, Bushes are deep state because George Bush senior used to literally run the CIA and was almost certainly working with or for them well before that (and was in Dallas the day Kennedy died and is literally the only person who was alive and in America who doesn't remember where they were when they heard Kennedy died).

Obama's parents just happened to be living in Indonesia during the coup and anti-Communist genocide, too.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

AlbieQuirky posted:

:smith:

some of those that preach progress are the same that burn forests

haven't been this disappointed in a musician ever since i found out John Maus partook in the Jan 6 Capitol thing :smith:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

It's the kind of thing invented by someone who gets stuck in crawling freeway traffic caused by there being 500% as many cars as there is capacity in the freeway for, and says "this is all because every other person here is an idiot who can't drive"

Also is specifically unaware/unbelieivng of the idea that tha more you expand the car carrying capacity, the more people drive, and that you will run out of space to put roads long before you will run out of people trying to drive cars on them.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But you know where there's infinite space to build freeways? Underground! :haw:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
actually there's a finite volume down because Earth is a spheroid with a known volume. Space has inf volume so the elevators need to go up and there needs to be sky roads are all levels of atmosphere and space.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Fighting Trousers posted:

https://twitter.com/abbieasr/status/1462953203067240450/photo/1
I would definitely put Iran Contra in Things That Actually Happened.

Was going to see if anyone else noticed this, too. How is something with an extensive legal record, that the President admitted to in a televised address, at the the same level as UFOs? :psyduck:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean UFOs are real, they just almost certainly aren't aliens.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What if we built a massive system of magnetic cranes suspended from a grid over the city, which moved the cars around like Matchbox roadsters

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

Was going to see if anyone else noticed this, too. How is something with an extensive legal record, that the President admitted to in a televised address, at the the same level as UFOs? :psyduck:

She actually put a reply specifically about this one.

https://twitter.com/abbieasr/status/1462967521217331204?t=prJQnfHjhVb6lwWpcIVmHw&s=19

You could still argue the point, but I think it fits there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Its a not bad chart, but also not good I guess.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cleretic posted:

https://twitter.com/abbieasr/status/1462967521217331204?t=prJQnfHjhVb6lwWpcIVmHw&s=19

I'd argue the point of these sorts of things is generally also to delegitimize real conspiracies by associating them with the silly stuff. It puts Iran Contra, Area 51, and other real things at the same tier as "like but how do you know you're like real, bro?" And "isn't the art at that one airport funky? Here's how it ties to the illuminati.."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You don't know you're real, it just doesn't really matter.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Data Graham posted:

It's the vision of someone who's so fuckoff rich that the concept of buses or trains just doesn't exist in his head anymore.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Feliday Melody posted:

I think I have... Maybe 3 or 4 living "famous" people I respect completely. Serj shilling NFTs is heartbreaking.

2-3 people.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Thread title

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pictures: my feelings about Rage Against The Machine since the early 90s

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Anora posted:

The logistics of making those carts available is enough to fail the laugh test, the man really is a huge moron.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
That car sled video is giving me some serious Dahir Insaat vibes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What if we solved traffic by making a car, for your car.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The thing about these that always gets me is the marketing. Like he can't just say "This way I make a bunch of money" and instead he has to say "If some people own links to pictures of my old D&D characters it will bring my old D&D characters to life."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OwlFancier posted:

Also is specifically unaware/unbelieivng of the idea that tha more you expand the car carrying capacity, the more people drive, and that you will run out of space to put roads long before you will run out of people trying to drive cars on them.

You're right, but you're thinking about it all wrong.

They're not looking at all that traffic and saying "Let's come up with a way to reduce this traffic." They're saying "Hey how about we make it so that rich people can pay to skip the line?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
skip the line by putting a fire hazard into a tunnel thats hard to get fire fighting equipment into because Musk and his Muskrats dont known about the decades / century of blood and bones OSHA and other regs are written with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Cleretic posted:

Nothing in the "actually happened" category is held to that same standard. Questions could be asked about virtually any historical event.