Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Barudak posted:

Did the 20th anniversary thing and you can clearly see my gamerscore drop in years where I had poo poo. to. do.

Also poor original Xbox, only knows the first game I took online with it which I thought was Mechassault but apparently was Halo 2???

I think with the OG xbox stuff it must be missing some of the live data. Mech Assault was def my first online game on og Xbox (then Midtown Madness) but it lists Halo 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I think with the OG xbox stuff it must be missing some of the live data. Mech Assault was def my first online game on og Xbox (then Midtown Madness) but it lists Halo 2.

I forgot they shut off that branch, so yeah its very possible they just don't have that information around or accessible anymore.

I feel confident I will be literally the only person who has Bard's Tale IV as a most played game one year.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
For people who game share, can you also use remote play (i.e. play on an iPad)? If you remote play will it stream from your “home” console that is in the other persons house or can you choose the console that is their “home” console that is in your house?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Barudak posted:

Also poor original Xbox, only knows the first game I took online with it which I thought was Mechassault but apparently was Halo 2???

I remember buying the multiplayer map pack for Halo 2 on disc. Quite the retail experiement. Wild times.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I remember buying the multiplayer map pack for Halo 2 on disc. Quite the retail experiement. Wild times.

I remember that disc, and I remember even at the time thinking "map packs are a bad concept, they need another way" and then Todd Howard blessed us with the first cosmetic DLC

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

I remember that disc, and I remember even at the time thinking "map packs are a bad concept, they need another way" and then Todd Howard blessed us with the first cosmetic DLC

xbox stayed winning that whole time!

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

John F Bennett posted:

Series Y will be the mid-gen upgrade.

That is far too reasonable a name for Microsoft. They will name it the Xbox Series XS or something equally confusing. MS is good at making consoles but very bad at naming them.

Sony:
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 Pro (first mid-tier upgrade)
PlayStation 5

Microsoft:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite (first mid-tier upgrade, IIRC)
Xbox One
Xbox One X (and the even worse named Xbone SAD)
Xbox Series X

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 24, 2021

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Xbox Xery Ex / Es

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Xbox Series XL

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do people like analog stick accelleration? I turned it off and improved my k:d from like 1:1 to 3:1 instantly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
the xbox museum looked me dead in the eyes and told me that my wife uses the xbox more than i do

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Do people like analog stick accelleration? I turned it off and improved my k:d from like 1:1 to 3:1 instantly.

Absolutely awful.

But it exists, and even worse sometimes it can't be turned off.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
drat, Ninja Gaiden Black is hard. Don't remember it being that hard back in the days, though I never got much further past the airship. Now I can't even beat the horse boss.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ymgve posted:

drat, Ninja Gaiden Black is hard. Don't remember it being that hard back in the days, though I never got much further past the airship. Now I can't even beat the horse boss.

The horse boss iirc is easy to beat if you do the soul absorbtion charge move, but its been like a decade

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
What’s the best gaming tv that people are always talking about? I know it’s an LG but there’s a bunch with similar names and I don’t want to buy the wrong one, but the idea of reading about TVs repulses me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crafty posted:

What’s the best gaming tv that people are always talking about? I know it’s an LG but there’s a bunch with similar names and I don’t want to buy the wrong one, but the idea of reading about TVs repulses me.

LG C1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hard crashed the Xbox museum, whoops.

Also this is one of the more honest company self assessment memory lane tours.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cloks posted:

the xbox museum looked me dead in the eyes and told me that my wife uses the xbox more than i do

lol owned

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Crafty posted:

Any of the LG OLEDs are fantastic.

even a well looked after, used B8 would be a good buy.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
If you're gonna play the FEAR series skip 2. 3 isn't as good as the first but it has better gunplay than 2 and a really cool co-op mode. It's probably dead (although I have gotten games on PC) but you can still play through levels as both characters. 3 is like a B movie sequel to the first. 2 is a boring and often dumb retread that butchers the atmosphere and the goddamn shotgun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FEAR 2 is the first and only game I can think of where a male protagonist in first person gets raped

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Barudak posted:

FEAR 2 is the first and only game I can think of where a male protagonist in first person gets raped

This is the only memorable part of 2. To be fair it is INCREDIBLY memorable. A total whopper of a moment despite (or because?) of how tasteless it is.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cloks posted:

My #1 played game is 1 vs 100 Live. As it should be.

#2? "Fallout 3 for Windows Disc Games"

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Laserface posted:

Thanks, there’s some Black Friday deals on at the moment so think it’s time to buy. Anyone playing halo at 120fps, is it extra nice?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crafty posted:

Thanks, there’s some Black Friday deals on at the moment so think it’s time to buy. Anyone playing halo at 120fps, is it extra nice?

Get the C1, not the cheaper A1. The A1 only has a 60hz refresh rate, among other limitations. The C1 is on sale at a bunch of places right now.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Costco has the lg oled on sale picked up a 48 c1 to go along with my 65 cx from last year

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Get the C1, not the cheaper A1. The A1 only has a 60hz refresh rate, among other limitations. The C1 is on sale at a bunch of places right now.

This. The As and Bs are great for movies. Cs have all the gaming bells and whistles like Variable Refresh and 120hz and such.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Crafty posted:

Anyone playing halo at 120fps, is it extra nice?

I'm playing it at 60fps on my laptop right now and yeah, this is a very noticeable downgrade from 120fps on my LG CX.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Azathoth Prime posted:

That is far too reasonable a name for Microsoft. They will name it the Xbox Series XS or something equally confusing. MS is good at making consoles but very bad at naming them.

Sony:
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 Pro (first mid-tier upgrade)
PlayStation 5

Microsoft:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite (first mid-tier upgrade, IIRC)
Xbox One
Xbox One X (and the even worse named Xbone SAD)
Xbox Series X

they already called the sixth xbox the Series S|X and nobody picked up on it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:eyepop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh shiiii

MSX
Xbox
One
One X
Series S|X

Barudak fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 24, 2021

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Yes, yes... Exactly as expected. If I recall, I think across all my saves I wracked about about 1,000 hours with ME2 :shepface:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My most played game was the first Destiny. Checks out, I switched to PS4 for Destiny 2...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awe yeah

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh no

I was in the initial Xbox live beta back in the day but I guess that account is long lost?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Laserface posted:

even a well looked after, used B8 would be a good buy.

I'm not sure the B8 received the firmware update that allows you to play in Dolby Vision @ 120fps. I'd go for the LG CX, which is comparable to the newer C1 as it came right before that one but way more affordable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

My most played game was the first Destiny. Checks out, I switched to PS4 for Destiny 2...

My most played game is Destiny 2, which I only started on Xbox a few months ago :negative:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My most played game is Destiny 2, which I only started on Xbox a few months ago :negative:

If you want to feel bad about yourself, visit wastedondestiny.com

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I'm not sure the B8 received the firmware update that allows you to play in Dolby Vision @ 120fps. I'd go for the LG CX, which is comparable to the newer C1 as it came right before that one but way more affordable.

The CX is largely panned from what I understand. People were buying used b/c8/9 as there was banding issues on the CX.

The B8 I have doesn't do 120hz at 4K which I'm fine with, but felt it was worth mentioning as a cheaper option than a c1.

I buy a new tv every 10 years so I'm not the best person to ask I guess. My old Bravia died a few yrs ago and the jump to the B8 was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Akuma posted:

If you want to feel bad about yourself, visit wastedondestiny.com

OK I definitely think the Xbox site must be pulling cross-play times from my Destiny 2 on PS4 playtime