Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Clockwerk posted:

What do you like about it? Not being snarky

Stream of conscious answer :
The challenge. The defensive Buffs. Still exploring expedition changes. Expedition in Lira Arthain. Scourge in maps for instant density (low brain power league - focus on other stuff ) . The new chase uniques are cool. Currency stacking !!!!

I’ll think of other stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

von Braun posted:

Sabo seismic is your best option

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Didn't really care for it too much on league start. Doesn't matter now anyways cause I welp'd too much of my currency trying to recolor a Shav's lol. Think I'll call it there and just hit the next league hard.

If anyone wants some free, bad Mana Man gear (6L Cloak, Foible, etc), just let me know and I'll hop back on for a trade.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Getting bored of my scion exsang starter and not feeling the investment necessary to get my hipster divine flesh build fully online at this stage so I am looking into a reroll. Current leading contenders are some kinda coc inquisitor or good ol gc bf, starting with 5-15ex depending on how much of my current gear I liquidate. Anyone got experience gearing up one of the inquisitors and can give me some insight into it?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Erulisse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzqjXXHBVvg

I did it. 200 hours but that was totally worth it. My Rage Vortex guide. Criticise me, I guess, first fully edited video, :yaycloud:

Got krangled by a bad infection that landed me in the hospital for two weeks and bedridden since Halloween, and I think I am going to try this to get back into the league now I'm home and recovering.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

Got krangled by a bad infection that landed me in the hospital for two weeks and bedridden since Halloween, and I think I am going to try this to get back into the league now I'm home and recovering.

You must be eager to finish yourself off

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

Getting bored of my scion exsang starter and not feeling the investment necessary to get my hipster divine flesh build fully online at this stage so I am looking into a reroll. Current leading contenders are some kinda coc inquisitor or good ol gc bf, starting with 5-15ex depending on how much of my current gear I liquidate. Anyone got experience gearing up one of the inquisitors and can give me some insight into it?

Whats your amulet like? Im looking for a decent exsang / seismic one and I have a couple of ex to blow.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
you honestly can't go wrong with any +2 ammy even with otherwise poo poo rolls when on a budget

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

you honestly can't go wrong with any +2 ammy even with otherwise poo poo rolls when on a budget

yeah, I started to get the mats together to craft my own, but then found out how much awakener orbs cost and baulked a bit.

If I get another couple of ex, then I will probably give it a crack. I would need to upgrade other gear to cover resists if the ammy doesnt have any.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

You must be eager to finish yourself off

I even let them shove a thing inside me! (It doesn't turn items into different items though.)

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

NPR Journalizard posted:

yeah, I started to get the mats together to craft my own, but then found out how much awakener orbs cost and baulked a bit.

If I get another couple of ex, then I will probably give it a crack. I would need to upgrade other gear to cover resists if the ammy doesnt have any.

you can probably get one of the many failed attempts for around the cost of the orb or maybe even less

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

b never gets pressed mmuch less held

J
Jun 10, 2001

For the exsang/CF +2 skills amulet, if you buy or make one that has 3 prefixes and an open suffix, and all of the "cheap" ones will have 3 prefixes, you can craft prefixes cannot be changed then use harvest reforge physical to add physical damage over time multiplier as a suffix guaranteed as it is the only suffix with a physical tag. After the reforge if it has an open suffix you can craft a resist or +1 minimum frenzy charges and end up with a solid amulet that will last you a long time. Admittedly the prefixes cannot be changed does cost 2 ex, and you might hit T2 physical dot multi, but hey. If you have an open suffix you can repeat the process to try again for T1 phys multi at 2ex a pop. If you somehow end up with an amulet that does have an open prefix, don't do this because there are other physical prefixes that can be hit with the reforge. However, If your amulet has an open prefix, you can craft prefixes cannot be changed and then go hit it with a T4 aisling bench and pray you get a veiled prefix and then pray that veiled prefix unveils into a life mod. If it does then you can do the previous steps to force phys dot multi onto it, then craft whatever you want if you have an empty suffix and you'll have a really kickass amulet.

The prefixes cannot be changed -> harvest reforge phys thing also applies to forcing physical dot multi onto a pair of hunter gloves I might add. Same deal though, make sure you have 3 prefixes before you do it. And you can just buy a decent pair with phys dot multi for less than 2ex. If you wanted to craft a big pair of gloves, then use a woke orb to get yourself an ilvl 85 pair of hunter+warlord apothecary gloves. The result of the woke orb doesn't matter unless it naturally rolls amazing which it won't. Spam greed essence until you hit a tier of increased damage over time you're happy with. If it has an open prefix, then beastcraft remove suffix add a prefix to fill up the prefixes. Then craft prefixes cannot be changed -> reforge phys to force phys multi. Then you can craft prefixes cannot be changed again and T4 aisling bench. Pray the aisling bench doesn't annul your phys dot multi. Then pray you unveil stats or a hybrid resist.

If you're playing any corrupting fever or exsang build you want phys dot multi everywhere you can get it.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

docbeard posted:

If PoE is a recovery way for you I'm not gonna ask what happened even. Get well!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe that out of every dumb character I made, my first actual deathless Maven was a dumb 3.5k life FF-themed shuriken tossing character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUGG8k_SCjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XHgzUFONIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNjZCiWxvlg

A character so squishy it took me 24 maps to get from level 91 to 92.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Have you been saving the "Yuffie" char name for a long time or something? There's no way it wasn't taken a long time ago

e: also nice fight, congrats!

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 24, 2021

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think names get culled after a while if the account isn't logged in, I had a character on standard with a common name years ago and when I logged in after a long break it prompted me to enter a new name for them

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Support will 'steal' a name from another account for you if you ask nicely and the other person hasn't logged in for a long time. Or at least they used to.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

Whats your amulet like? Im looking for a decent exsang / seismic one and I have a couple of ex to blow.

Honestly garbage, haha. Definitely not a gem ammy - it's solving int/dex needs for me rn. I have some ok jewels, pretty great boots with ailment avoid and spell suppression, and an excellent dagger (+2 gems, 60 spell damage, a lil baby dex roll, and open suffix for trigger or pdot multi depending on what you need) that I am leaning towards selling. I also have some clusters I think I wanna keep for now.

That said, in addition to J's great advice on how to craft, if you're somewhat patient you can just buy a +2gem, t2 pdotmulti, and both an open suffix and stats for the 5 ex it'd cost you to make and reduce risk but also you can't get lucky and get a gg outcome. An amulet with just 2 gems and an open suffix is about 3 ex, an amulet with 2 prefixes and 2 gems is buyable for 4ex. It saves maybe 40c to craft the base 2 gems amulet yourself and you can end up with 6 affixes and be waiting potentially multiple days to recoup your original currency. Set up a live search and get yer base ammy from trade unless you either want the muscle memory of going thru crafting steps or are fine with potentially tying 3+ex up in a failed crafting outcome that should eventually sell, emphasis on both should and eventually.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Would anyone be willing to take a look at my Seismic/Exsang trapper?

https://pastebin.com/CsrM4VHy

I had been saving up money for my RF Inquisitor, but I keep coming back to the trapper because it honestly just seems like he does everything better this league.

I'm sitting on about 10 ex that I was planning on spending on the RF guy (and probably could liquidate another 5-10 out of him if I wanted to) -- are there any obvious things I could upgrade to? My damage is pretty good but more is always better, and I wouldn't mind a little more survivability since I keep getting blown up in high level scourges.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Safe Word posted:

Have you been saving the "Yuffie" char name for a long time or something? There's no way it wasn't taken a long time ago

e: also nice fight, congrats!

Yeah I've been saving forever.

Vulpes posted:

Support will 'steal' a name from another account for you if you ask nicely and the other person hasn't logged in for a long time. Or at least they used to.

I never asked. I don't know the accounts that hold other names (except for an account that has a shitload of poe-related names and always plays the gauntlet semi-regularly, like Malachai, etc), I just wait for them to expire naturally.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I have kind of a big ask, but I need someone to sanity check my current POB to see if my damage is correct. I think my dps might be low, not sure, because I have level 28 vaal skeleton gem.

https://pastebin.com/vrgcXbDw

It looks like I'm doing about 2 million dps with my 13 skeletons and about double that with my vaal skeletons. I'm able to take down all the bosses comfortably in terms of dps, as long as I mark them with predator support and snipers mark. Well all but sirus, but that isn't because of dps. I've got two host chieftains and one carnage chieftain for specters.

This is the first league I have beat all of the guardians for both elder, shaper and sirus to A8. Got all the fragments and that includes being witnessed by maven. Currently have two of the uber elder fragments, and my goal is to do uber elder this league. I did get owned by the elder guardians maven fight, just too squishy at the moment, but my dps seems fine. took down two of the 4 and the others were at half health but I kept getting one-shot. Maybe my kill order was off.

I want to make sure that I'm doing things correctly in terms of my pob configuration.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Aerox posted:

Would anyone be willing to take a look at my Seismic/Exsang trapper?

https://pastebin.com/CsrM4VHy

I had been saving up money for my RF Inquisitor, but I keep coming back to the trapper because it honestly just seems like he does everything better this league.

I'm sitting on about 10 ex that I was planning on spending on the RF guy (and probably could liquidate another 5-10 out of him if I wanted to) -- are there any obvious things I could upgrade to? My damage is pretty good but more is always better, and I wouldn't mind a little more survivability since I keep getting blown up in high level scourges.

Your gems are all level 20. Get level 21 gems.

Precision is level 1 - it gives crit. You want crit.

Your items aren't scourged or corrupted. Helm - a rare helm is probably better? - is a common unique so you should be able to find something good cheap. Tinkerskin similar, but less cheap for a good corrupt (e.g. +2/+4 gem) but at least some sort of decent scourge should be available.

You want your gloves to have +22 level trap support.

You could probably do with a better amulet - +2 gems

Ideally, you want vermillion rings instead of two-stone (while still maxing res)

You could probably do with a better belt. I usually like to run a good stygian because you end up with more total stats than just a belt alone.

Traps don't count as you so re-do your flasks that give charges when you crit. And none of them are instilling orbed - do that. This also means you want the +crit if you haven't crit recently boot enchant.

You need crit mods on your jewels (multi).

You're not at 100% suppression.

Finally, I'm betting you get more out of using a cluster or three than what you get out of the tree. You also probably want to be at least 5k health.

Your intuitive leap is giving you +1 frenzy, 5% suppression, 10% es, and 5% life. You can get most of the life/es from a jewel, suppression from elsewhere, and frenzy you don't really need all that much as a trapper. I think you're much better off with a different jewel (a watcher's eye can give you suppression while affected by grace, for example)

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 24, 2021

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

J posted:

For the exsang/CF +2 skills amulet, if you buy or make one that has 3 prefixes and an open suffix, and all of the "cheap" ones will have 3 prefixes, you can craft prefixes cannot be changed then use harvest reforge physical to add physical damage over time multiplier as a suffix guaranteed as it is the only suffix with a physical tag. After the reforge if it has an open suffix you can craft a resist or +1 minimum frenzy charges and end up with a solid amulet that will last you a long time. Admittedly the prefixes cannot be changed does cost 2 ex, and you might hit T2 physical dot multi, but hey. If you have an open suffix you can repeat the process to try again for T1 phys multi at 2ex a pop. If you somehow end up with an amulet that does have an open prefix, don't do this because there are other physical prefixes that can be hit with the reforge. However, If your amulet has an open prefix, you can craft prefixes cannot be changed and then go hit it with a T4 aisling bench and pray you get a veiled prefix and then pray that veiled prefix unveils into a life mod. If it does then you can do the previous steps to force phys dot multi onto it, then craft whatever you want if you have an empty suffix and you'll have a really kickass amulet.

The prefixes cannot be changed -> harvest reforge phys thing also applies to forcing physical dot multi onto a pair of hunter gloves I might add. Same deal though, make sure you have 3 prefixes before you do it. And you can just buy a decent pair with phys dot multi for less than 2ex. If you wanted to craft a big pair of gloves, then use a woke orb to get yourself an ilvl 85 pair of hunter+warlord apothecary gloves. The result of the woke orb doesn't matter unless it naturally rolls amazing which it won't. Spam greed essence until you hit a tier of increased damage over time you're happy with. If it has an open prefix, then beastcraft remove suffix add a prefix to fill up the prefixes. Then craft prefixes cannot be changed -> reforge phys to force phys multi. Then you can craft prefixes cannot be changed again and T4 aisling bench. Pray the aisling bench doesn't annul your phys dot multi. Then pray you unveil stats or a hybrid resist.

If you're playing any corrupting fever or exsang build you want phys dot multi everywhere you can get it.

Quoting for future use, maybe

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hamelekim posted:

I have kind of a big ask, but I need someone to sanity check my current POB to see if my damage is correct. I think my dps might be low, not sure, because I have level 28 vaal skeleton gem.

https://pastebin.com/vrgcXbDw

It looks like I'm doing about 2 million dps with my 13 skeletons and about double that with my vaal skeletons. I'm able to take down all the bosses comfortably in terms of dps, as long as I mark them with predator support and snipers mark. Well all but sirus, but that isn't because of dps. I've got two host chieftains and one carnage chieftain for specters.

This is the first league I have beat all of the guardians for both elder, shaper and sirus to A8. Got all the fragments and that includes being witnessed by maven. Currently have two of the uber elder fragments, and my goal is to do uber elder this league. I did get owned by the elder guardians maven fight, just too squishy at the moment, but my dps seems fine. took down two of the 4 and the others were at half health but I kept getting one-shot. Maybe my kill order was off.

I want to make sure that I'm doing things correctly in terms of my pob configuration.

Just because I'm a goofball, I changed your shield for the sword that grants Level 25 Envy, with Phase Run to replace Shield Charge, and I replaced your two weird anoints with Charisma and Champion of the Cause, then I ditched your Fleshcrafter for a Skin of the Lords:

https://pastebin.com/yd6nHKJL

Now you went from 5 million to 8 million. You have more Armour, except it's not understanding that I'm supporting Envy with Generosity, not Determination (by intentionally unlinking the sword).

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I don't know how to play this game

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Suspicious posted:

I don't know how to play this game

What happened?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I don't know how to get through the campaign in fast and painless manner, even with twink gear

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That's OK, the campaign sucks and you should ignore it :)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Zero VGS posted:

Just because I'm a goofball, I changed your shield for the sword that grants Level 25 Envy, with Phase Run to replace Shield Charge, and I replaced your two weird anoints with Charisma and Champion of the Cause, then I ditched your Fleshcrafter for a Skin of the Lords:

Now you went from 5 million to 8 million. You have more Armour, except it's not understanding that I'm supporting Envy with Generosity, not Determination (by intentionally unlinking the sword).

lol, sweet. I'm just happy with the damage I have right now, but yeah I need to get more tanky. I finally got a maven invite and am contemplating whether or not I should try it and fail, or just sell the thing for .8 of an ex.

I guess I should save up some more money so I can do those annoints because I do want to run more auras.

Glad I'm doing alright dps at least.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sometimes when the São Paulo server is lovely, it defaults instance creation to Washington. 130ms would be an "okay" Sirus if there weren't packet losses.

I died twice to escaping the maze then the server killing me seconds later to the meteor, twice to the Die beam resetting my position, and so on, and once for a degen that stuck after I had left the ground.

I'm dying, Cloud.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

guy dropped a mirror in our public party

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Lpzie posted:

guy dropped a mirror in our public party

Shameful behaviour on his part.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Awesome, thank you so much!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I made the anoint changes that Zero VGS suggested and it’s definitely better. But now I went and bought that sword because I want to mess around with it.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Suspicious posted:

I don't know how to get through the campaign in fast and painless manner, even with twink gear

run, kill only rare and magic packs in amount of 4 mobs and above, keep your character level 3 levels below the zone
use smoke mine+flamedash trick
stop picking up crap, just use carnage heart + le heup of all x2 + magnate belt + goldrim since level 1
know your tree and ctrl+click the next node
stop backtracking and just run
early on is as important as late, so get your gear and weapons prepared and in your inventory

like that from a random ziz video

watch the zizaran poe university with tyty for a ton of good advices that are better than this short fast scuffed post

And never forget that 4 hours or less is people doing it for their job, with past of hundreds and even thousands of story playthroughs. Dont get demotivated if your next playthrough is just an hour faster than your usual, its an improvement.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

POB doesn't understand links, you have to put Determination in its own skill setup.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Vulpes posted:

Thankfully no one has asked support for CumSlapper. It’s still mine.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Erulisse posted:

run, kill only rare and magic packs in amount of 4 mobs and above, keep your character level 3 levels below the zone
stop picking up crap, just use carnage heart + le heup of all x2 + magnate belt + goldrim since level 1
early on is as important as late, so get your gear and weapons prepared and in your inventory

watch the zizaran poe university with tyty for a ton of good advices that are better than this short fast scuffed post

And never forget that 4 hours or less is people doing it for their job, with past of hundreds and even thousands of story playthroughs. Dont get demotivated if your next playthrough is just an hour faster than your usual, its an improvement.

I know all of this. I never know what skills to use to eventually get to my build.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Erulisse posted:

ctrl+click the next node

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Erulisse posted:

Good advice