Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The rear one looks like it might just be a big magnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/QCN7dmZ.mp4

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Clown Car

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ah, so my biggest fear when using public bathrooms is in fact possible. Good to know.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this dude definitely has warrants LOL

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

this dude definitely has warrants LOL

Warrants or the one guy who thought there might be consequences for overloading the elevator.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r315082Uos1yzbs45.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r2qcag26Vj1ue0hwj.mp4

sound on, warning: loud
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_puu58o5oGx1w5pr9j.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 23, 2021

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Being the person opening an elevator for trapped occupants makes you feel like a god.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Knormal posted:

Ah, so my biggest fear when using public bathrooms is in fact possible. Good to know.

The Toilet That Pisses Back

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Being the person opening an elevator for trapped occupants makes you feel like a god.

But not as much as trapping people in an elevator does.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Phanatic posted:

But not as much as trapping people in an elevator does.

This sounds like a D&D alignment situation.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
RE: bikes and poo poo.

I own a bike but I'm a lazy pile of poo poo so I don't ride it.
But if I did and was riding in a bus city, I'd probably start screaming out lyrics to Wesley Willis songs.

I bet people would get out the way pretty fuckin quick if I was screaming out "LICK A BLACK BACKED JACKAL'S FUNKY rear end YOU DOBERMAN COCKSUCKER"!!!!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

wesleywillis posted:

RE: bikes and poo poo.

I own a bike but I'm a lazy pile of poo poo so I don't ride it.
But if I did and was riding in a bus city, I'd probably start screaming out lyrics to Wesley Willis songs.

I bet people would get out the way pretty fuckin quick if I was screaming out "LICK A BLACK BACKED JACKAL'S FUNKY rear end YOU DOBERMAN COCKSUCKER"!!!!

Why would one "ride" a bike when already in a city bus? What the gently caress does that mean?

Anyway, I have ridden bicycles, motorcycles, and ridden trains, buses, and driven my own auto to work. Currently, I walk. And I think the slapping-phones goon is just making cyclists look bad. And the most dangerous mode of transport is, by far, the motorcycle. Bicycles are only dangerous by other people's action. Motorcycles are deadly in themselves.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

gleebster posted:

Why would one "ride" a bike when already in a city bus? What the gently caress does that mean?

Anyway, I have ridden bicycles, motorcycles, and ridden trains, buses, and driven my own auto to work. Currently, I walk. And I think the slapping-phones goon is just making cyclists look bad. And the most dangerous mode of transport is, by far, the motorcycle. Bicycles are only dangerous by other people's action. Motorcycles are deadly in themselves.

He means a city with busses

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like that it goes on long enough to see the guy from the beginning walk back into frame at the end

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

The real solution to the bikes and poo poo problems, is to separate the different traffic flows. The whole point of cycle paths is to make sure a 2 ton car doesn't kill cyclists, and to make sure cyclists don't bowl over pedestrians.
Of course, that doesn't help when people just walk onto the cycle path without looking. For some reasons, tourists in Amsterdam find it hard to understand that a cycle path has the same status as a car road, and just step onto it without looking.

Sooner or later you're gonna get hit. Also, they don't understand bells. You need loud squealing brakes, the sound of a rear tire slipping or a raised voice to make them move back onto the sidewalk.

Now, trams in cities, that's another OSHA story... Per passenger per kilometer, they cause about five times as many lethal accidents as the city buses. Somehow, those rumbling, squealing things that run on extremely predictable routes, are still more dangerous than the much quieter buses.
I used to study at one of Amsterdam's universities. There's a busy intersection in front of the main building, with 4 car lanes from each side, and two tram tracks down the centre. During my time, multiple people died because they got hit by the tram. None by cars or by buses afaik.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can't put coins in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYl5mM-ODg

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Doesn't say anything about dongs.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Yes, you're right. Sorry.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Bicycles are great. Berkeley bicyclists, even in a city that has tons of 'Bike Only' lanes and pass-throughs, are poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/F7JSjCd.mp4

:stare:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mouzer posted:

The occupants look incredibly calm and comfy compared to just about everything that happens to that car

rally drivers really are built different.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm always packin'

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

is it just... surfing up on shore? that must be at least 60 feet of sailboat :stare:

edit: Everyone on board seems to be OK with whats going on, but the bilge pump is spraying hard. Assuming the boat doesn't run out of ocean, they're probably OK.

double edit - heard the sound so I'm guessing its in Hawaii somewhere. There's a brief second at the very start where you can see water breaking on sand in the lower right, but it looks like the captain shot the channel

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 24, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ICCjXpk.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/mQAO6fy.mp4

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Napoleon Nelson posted:

That'll never work. But what if we raise the bikes...

I tried to be a smart pedestrian earlier today. I ended up having to walk home from the post office during twilight. There are no sidewalks in my neighborhood and I was wearing a black sweatshirt, so I turned on the flashlight on my phone and stuck it in my back pocket so cars could see me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: FORKLIFT FATALITY :siren:

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2021/11/man-dead-after-forklift-accident-at-fairfax-co-home-depot/

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: FORKLIFT FATALITY :siren:

Development of Shenmue IV going strong I see.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

And once I click on it, I get an alert banner for a "shelter in place" recommendation due to an armed standoff.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm always packin'

But where does the gas go?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Always belt in, otherwise I can't understand how to get a forklift to fall on ones self from the inside.

GWBBQ posted:

And once I click on it, I get an alert banner for a "shelter in place" recommendation due to an armed standoff.

https://twitter.com/AlexandriaVAPD/status/1463300006543306755

This wouldn't have happened on Shaker lane.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Uthor posted:

But where does the gas go?

:pervert:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

nomad2020 posted:

Always belt in, otherwise I can't understand how to get a forklift to fall on ones self from the inside.

The article doesn't go into any detail aside from saying he was unloading the truck.

Being home depot, I was thinking it would be someone on an order picker dropping a water heater off the top shelf onto someone ignoring the barricades.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Could be that the driver of the truck he was unloading pulled out of the loading dock.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Vampire Panties posted:

is it just... surfing up on shore? that must be at least 60 feet of sailboat :stare:

edit: Everyone on board seems to be OK with whats going on, but the bilge pump is spraying hard. Assuming the boat doesn't run out of ocean, they're probably OK.

double edit - heard the sound so I'm guessing its in Hawaii somewhere. There's a brief second at the very start where you can see water breaking on sand in the lower right, but it looks like the captain shot the channel

Somebody is thrown overboard and seen in the water. Judging by their clothes, it seems most of the passengers are tourists. They also seem totally oblivious and are just on their phones filming.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

LimaBiker posted:

Sooner or later you're gonna get hit. Also, they don't understand bells. You need loud squealing brakes, the sound of a rear tire slipping or a raised voice to make them move back onto the sidewalk.

I've got a normal bell on my bike and a much louder electric horn that I got for cars (that just won't hear a bell over their engine through closed windows). It's almost loud enough to be painful, comparable to a car horn (but not quite).

I've still had pedestrians not hear the bell and not the horn while they did stood in a clearly marked cycle lane. I'd love to see some research in it, do I need to install a truck horn or what.

In a desperate attempt to segue away from bike chat, vehicle horns and alerts are actually interesting osha stuff. I'm finally noticing construction sites with vehicles with white noise buzzers for reversing. My understanding is that's been mandatory in the UK for ages but it's apparently only just coming now to Australia, and I'm not even sure it's mandatory. It definitely does help determine direction though, pretty cool

Splode fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 24, 2021