Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Vincenzo Italiano isn't quite nominative determinism, but he deserves to manage that team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

tarbrush posted:

Vincenzo Italiano isn't quite nominative determinism, but he deserves to manage that team

Either him or Wolfgang Wolf, former Wolfsburg manager.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There's an italian striker called Matteo Stoppa but he was selfish and plays as a striker.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Danny Diver - played in Scotland in the 80's

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Defensive midfielder Custodio.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Considering the headlines footballers keep causing don't forget Jizz Horncamp

Also if Pogba's performances are all the fault of the manager and players around him then explain Bruno.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Blackburn had a defender called Nicky Marker in the 90s.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hansi Flick used to play in midfield and I bet he had a trick or two

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Truly great footballers can lift up the team around them - they're not going to rescue them every time, but you don't ever think for a minute Pogba is going to score a couple of second half bangers when the chips are down, or use his influence to change the direction of a game. Stevie G was surrounded by utter dross half his career and is still considered an all time great midfielder - the amount of times he pulled us out of the poo poo by sheer will and skill. Suarez had a lot of that about him too.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

French Keeper - Dominique Dropsy. Apparently he wasn't as bad as his name suggests

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think the free transfer Arsenal paid for budget Moroccan Ronaldo was also a terrible deal

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There must be a german/scandi goalkeeper Klanger or somesuch

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NTRabbit posted:

I think the free transfer Arsenal paid for budget Moroccan Ronaldo was also a terrible deal

Arsenal have a ton of really awful transfers, but none of them involved crazy money and therefore rise to the worst transfer ever level. Honestly if you involved the kids that they spent less than a million pounds on that never amounted to anything there could be 50+ bad transfers in the last decade.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Now I'm remembering Jose Antonio Reyes costing £20m in 2003 money and then giving an interview in Spanish that everyone at Arsenal was too gay and getting swapped for Julio Baptista, who was also shite

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:eyepop:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal have a ton of really awful transfers, but none of them involved crazy money and therefore rise to the worst transfer ever level. Honestly if you involved the kids that they spent less than a million pounds on that never amounted to anything there could be 50+ bad transfers in the last decade.

They did if you include the ridiculous wages a bunch of Arsenal's cruft were on to be on the fringes of the starting 11.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

tarbrush posted:

assistant manager Fabian Assmann

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Strawman posted:

Pogba joins Jozy on the list of the funniest poo poo signings because he motivates posts like this.

He’s going to join a team that isn’t Manchester United and be great

Also Bruno has been poo poo this year as well, aside from Leeds and Atalanta. Man U is a very very bad team with enough star power to muscle results.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Also Bruno has been poo poo this year as well

lmao

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Conquest_(soccer)

Goalkeeper Norman Conquest (1916-1968) got 11 caps for Australia. Known for letting in 17 goals in one match. In 2002 he was posthumously inducted into the Football Federation Australia Hall of Fame.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

You cut out the important part there sir

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

He's not been nearly as good as he was last year.

He started off the season on form but has dropped in the last month or two

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah just like pogba, I would take Bruno on my team in a heartbeat, he’s an amazing player he’s just not been great this year.

Man U is a shitshow where good players go to die, I’m so mad Sancho signed there

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Apart from trying to play like a second striker all the time instead of linking play in midfield he's been fine and involved in/starting anything good we've managed to do. Singling Bruno out as "poo poo this year" in a team that's been starving the attack of any supply/stability (while trying and failing hilariously at possession football in midfield with McFred) is loving baffling.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Apart from trying to play like a second striker all the time instead of linking play in midfield he's been fine and involved in/starting anything good we've managed to do. Singling Bruno out as "poo poo this year" in a team that's been starving the attack of any supply/stability (while trying and failing hilariously at possession football in midfield with McFred) is loving baffling.

Bruno was never going to average a goal/assist nearly every game like he did for his first season and a half so his form this season is definitely a dip but it's a dip from a pretty absurd level.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
fred: singlehandedly undoes a decades long tradition of excellence

edit -- with an assist to harry maguire

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Agreed same for pogba

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Agreed same for pogba

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

tarbrush posted:

Dumb piece of trivia: he was born in Germany

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1463231535214125062

*rubs hands*

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Agreed same for pogba

Is this a bit

"let him right" ffs carra

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mutu is surely up there for terrible transfers

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is this a bit

"let him right" ffs carra

when the social media person makes things a bit too "authentic"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol this has to be a bit

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

lol this has to be a bit

It's what rio said about Ole after he beat PSG in paris

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

lol this has to be a bit

:ughh:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

lol this has to be a bit

embarrassing

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

bewbies posted:

fred: singlehandedly undoes a decades long tradition of excellence

edit -- with an assist to harry maguire

I think it’s the whole team to be honest - like when exactly did it become acceptable for players to decide they they weren’t going to try as hard as they could for a specific manager? No pride or passion for the club or the fans.

Andoman fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 24, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

It's what rio said about Ole after he beat PSG in paris

yeah that's what I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andoman posted:

I think it’s the whole team to be honest - like when exactly did it become acceptable for players to decide they they weren’t going to try as hard as they could for a specific manager? No pride or passion for the club or the fans.

When football was invented in 1992.